Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Huh, about those colonists walking far away to retrieve some meat: That changed with 38a.

Now I have colonists _delivering_ meat from the colony to those faraway meat chunks, creating meatstacks. Btw: That faraway meat seems to be near "Salvageable Wrecked Airdrop Crate"s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Wipfmetz posted:

Huh, about those colonists walking far away to retrieve some meat: That changed with 38a.

Now I have colonists _delivering_ meat from the colony to those faraway meat chunks, creating meatstacks. Btw: That faraway meat seems to be near "Salvageable Wrecked Airdrop Crate"s.

An orderly colony is a prosperous colony!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Wipfmetz posted:

At least you have colonists. I can't get past overseers ordering each other around while my single soldier marches circles around a pistol.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

At least you have colonists. I can't get past overseers ordering each other around while my single soldier marches circles around a pistol.
Well. Yeah. They are my colonists there. Better than 7 soldiers and labourers without NCOs and Overseers, can't have that.

vvvv Defect-Ticket or Airship Ticket?

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 25, 2015

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

Wipfmetz posted:

So THAT's where the meat is coming from! *files ticket*

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

nvining posted:

So THAT's where the meat is coming from! *files ticket*
Also RE: containers, colonists seem to prefer to stack objects *then* put the full stack in a stockpile, which is usually inefficient. Also hauling military won't interrupt their job if they come under attack either.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Talkie Toaster posted:

Also RE: containers, colonists seem to prefer to stack objects *then* put the full stack in a stockpile, which is usually inefficient. Also hauling military won't interrupt their job if they come under attack either.

The stacking, then putting the full stack in the stockpile design is a combination of bugs and features. Right now people won't move a stack out of a stockpile and also cannot yet merge a stack with a larger stack (although these are both things I hope to do next week.) Stacks also currently ignore stockpile filters.

Is it more efficient to try to put things in a stockpile first, or to put things in a stack first? I think if you have a bunch of goods at a resource site you want to put everything in the resource site in a lump first, and then attempt to move that to a stockpile. But that's my mileage.

The military thing is definitely a bug. I'll look into it.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Event discussion! Prototyping with Twine! A fun, bonus minigame you can play:

https://www.gaslampgames.com/2015/04/29/event-design-using-twine/

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Strike the earth!
Soo... _are_ you considering tradeing with fishpeople?

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 29, 2015

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Wipfmetz posted:

Strike the earth!

I know I am!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I know where you can get a good deal on the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Ghostwoods posted:

I know I am!

Hey, let's not provoke unnecessarily conflict.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Wipfmetz posted:

Strike the earth!

I'm unsure if that's something we'll do but it's definitely something we are considering. Or at least some ways to have semi-peaceful interactions with them. We have an alignment system sort of working now (whereas not everything is automatically an enemy), I believe, which is kind of the start of that.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Will there ever be an conception of "stink" or some indoor-lighting? Right now I'm placing windows now and then, but no idea if my video game mans even notice.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

Will there ever be an conception of "stink" or some indoor-lighting? Right now I'm placing windows now and then, but no idea if my video game mans even notice.

... "stink"?

(Right now windows are purely decorative.)

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

nvining posted:

... "stink"?

(Right now windows are purely decorative.)
I think they mean something like miasma in dwarf fortress, possibly? Or a snuff production and consumption chain that is based on the existence of poors.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

nvining posted:

... "stink"?
Take a bunkhouse. Have 50+ labourers sleep in it, without any windows. You can smell the progress!
Dunno, give bad thoughts or have the smell open a portal to noneucleadean worlds or sth.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 3, 2015

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
The game keeps crashing on me about 10 minutes into starting a map.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

The game keeps crashing on me about 10 minutes into starting a map.

Very weird. 38A?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

nvining posted:

Very weird. 38A?

Whichever is on test right now. I sent you the crash logs.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Whichever is on test right now. I sent you the crash logs.

Where? I don't see an e-mail. (Also I'm just yelling at you on Steam right now, which - for those not in the know - means dealing with a giant glowing avatar in the shape of Morgan Freeman. This job!)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

nvining posted:

Where? I don't see an e-mail. (Also I'm just yelling at you on Steam right now, which - for those not in the know - means dealing with a giant glowing avatar in the shape of Morgan Freeman. This job!)

If you are yelling at me on Steam that means my son is playing a game and the kids controls are on, so he can't answer back.

When I get home I'll send the email again.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
I'm getting the "nobody puts down their guns" ever bug. I have a CO with 2 muskets and a blunderbuss on her back!

edit: and it says she's "missing a loadout" :psyduck:

nvining
May 30, 2011

Ceciltron posted:

I'm getting the "nobody puts down their guns" ever bug. I have a CO with 2 muskets and a blunderbuss on her back!

edit: and it says she's "missing a loadout" :psyduck:

Can you mail a replay to contact at gas lamp games dot com? We'll see if we can puzzle this one out.

(Although I don't remember if we fixed it in 38 or 38A)

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

nvining posted:

Can you mail a replay to contact at gas lamp games dot com? We'll see if we can puzzle this one out.

(Although I don't remember if we fixed it in 38 or 38A)

I'll give it a shot when I get home - what exactly is meant by a replay?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

If you are yelling at me on Steam that means my son is playing a game and the kids controls are on, so he can't answer back.
If somebody reports a bug to you, you yell at his son. That's how it works.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 5, 2015

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Latest tech news: Gaslamp Games execs insure high satisfaction rating of their products by threatening families of bug report submitters, negative review writers.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.

Ceciltron posted:

I'll give it a shot when I get home - what exactly is meant by a replay?

(These instructions are for Windows and I have no idea how it works on other OSes)

Replays (.CER files) are created every time a colony is started or loaded. This file contains a deterministic playback of all the actions taken for that colony.

They are found at this path: %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Gaslamp Games\Clockwork Empires\save\replay

If you need help figuring out which replay file corresponds to a particular session, booting up CE and hitting 'Load Replay' will match a filename to the time that play session had started.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Rydash posted:

(These instructions are for Windows and I have no idea how it works on other OSes)

Replays (.CER files) are created every time a colony is started or loaded. This file contains a deterministic playback of all the actions taken for that colony.

They are found at this path: %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Gaslamp Games\Clockwork Empires\save\replay

If you need help figuring out which replay file corresponds to a particular session, booting up CE and hitting 'Load Replay' will match a filename to the time that play session had started.

Wicked. Thanks!

nvining
May 30, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

If somebody reports a bug to you, you yell at his son. That's how it works.

We also cannot refuse you a bug fix on the day of your daughter's wedding.

(Rydash's instructions are essentially correct.)

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Done! Death to the Queen and the Empire!

nvining
May 30, 2011

Revision 38B has now hit the Steam Experimental Branch!

https://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/revision-38b-now-in-experimental-branch.14228/

Full changelog here, but some highlights include:

- autosaves
- proper module movement and deletion
- various fixes to building deletion
- improvements to selection accuracy, and zone highlighting
- emotes for conversations are back!
- and more!

nvining
May 30, 2011

Weekly blog post this week is on everybody's favourite hobby - the tantrum spiral:

https://www.gaslampgames.com/2015/05/06/the-downward-tantrum-spiral/

Now go punch that aurochs!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
I'm curious about the new sleep system -what's that all about?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Ceciltron posted:

I'm curious about the new sleep system -what's that all about?

Basically:

- 1 day without sleep: character will attempt to sleep in bed
- 2 days without sleep: characters will attempt to sleep on the floor
- 3 days without sleep: characters will start sleeping on the ground.

Hunger and tiredness get bumped up by 1 at nightfall, and the characters will then start fulfilling them as best they are able. Hunger operates on the same system, albeit with more eating people.

Additionally:

- characters will continue to eat/sleep until their hunger and tiredness are reduced
- characters are not allowed to sleep on the ground during the day (just to mess with people who have no shelter set up)
- getting one full nights sleep will totally reset tiredness (not quite realistic, from personal experience, but sleeping is boring)

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

nvining posted:

Hunger operates on the same system, albeit with more eating people.
So you know have everbody having breakfast instead of your colony running at 50% all time, every day?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

So you know have everbody having breakfast instead of your colony running at 50% all time, every day?

This is the desired plan.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

nvining posted:

- characters will continue to eat/sleep until their hunger and tiredness are reduced

Will there be a bug feature where a colonist has unsatiable hunger and murders and eats everybody else?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

TorakFade posted:

Will there be a bug feature where a colonist has unsatiable hunger and murders and eats everybody else?

New trait: Unaccountably Peckish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvining
May 30, 2011

TorakFade posted:

I believe there are "Gluttonous" traits, and maybe some other ones related to... er, things...

• Locked thread