Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Luvcow posted:

Marrow is ok, it's the things the chemo and full body radiation did that will contribute to my impending death

But let's talk about our addictions friends

nah but seriously i feel for you son youre an ok poster. (also drunk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Hobohemian posted:

It is cooler to be addicted to cigarettes.

This is true, you meet lots of people too and enhance your drinking experience. Also nice smoking under the stars

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Stoic Commie posted:

that's an anecdote

if youre 30 years old and more addicted to video games than alcohol then i dont know what to say

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I don't have a real physical addiction but I've got some psychological problems with alcohol. Like it really can turn me into a different person who does insane things and I have blackouts and everything. Coming to terms with that is one of the biggest (ongoing) challenges of my life.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

This is true, you meet lots of people too and enhance your drinking experience. Also nice smoking under the stars

i'm excited that smoking weather is coming back i haven't smoked a cigarette in months

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i am addicted to cigarettes and have smoked for my entire life, and am dying from canceritis in my 60s

i am addicted to video games, i never even had a life, and am dead of heart failure due to a sedentary lifestyle at 30

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im pretty sure video game addiction is just being a depressed loser with no friends

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sober these days but I'm pretty brain damaged from drinking/smoking weed so much. Being retarded sucks.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

soy posted:

I'm sober these days but I'm pretty brain damaged from drinking/smoking weed so much. Being retarded sucks.

weed is the lamest drug to ruin your life over. drinking is still top tier though

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
How do you ruin your life with weed?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Aesop Poprock posted:

i'm excited that smoking weather is coming back i haven't smoked a cigarette in months

Cigarette on the back porch at night with headphones on listening to tunes can be very fulfilling

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

soy posted:

lmao look at this guy

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Luvcow posted:

Cigarette on the back porch at night with headphones on listening to tunes can be very fulfilling

i smoked about 5 packs one night in the dunes of a desert looking up at the biggest sky ive ever seen. it was the poo poo. no other drug would have done it.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Hobohemian posted:

How do you ruin your life with weed?

Just killing any motivation to thrive maybe? Seems like there are far worse things to overuse.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

that sounds good but i want to blast chiddy bang through speakers so my neighbors hate me but also fear me cause i'm cooler than them

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
weed addicts are the absolute lamest bitches

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

RideTheSpiral posted:

i smoked about 5 packs one night in the dunes of a desert looking up at the biggest sky ive ever seen. it was the poo poo. no other drug would have done it.

I think the most I ever smoked was maybe three packs in a night back when I was young dumb and tripping a lot. Lay on the ground on the top of a hill by an observatory with good friends while on mushrooms and watched the sky dance. Tripping epiphanies are incredible.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

Just killing any motivation to thrive maybe? Seems like there are far worse things to overuse.

yeah that's pretty much it you're just high all the time and stupid and you stay a perpetual child, it's by far the most scrub way to suck longterm on drugs

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Inevitable posted:

I don't have a real physical addiction but I've got some psychological problems with alcohol. Like it really can turn me into a different person who does insane things and I have blackouts and everything. Coming to terms with that is one of the biggest (ongoing) challenges of my life.

Actually, that "different person" is just who you really are, underneath your inhibitions. The alcohol isnt turning you into a different person, it's just unleashing your true nature

Hope that helps

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
went to mexico to do ibogaine

didn't get sick comin off a 2yr H binge

relapsed a week later lol

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Actually, that "different person" is just who you really are, underneath your inhibitions. The alcohol isnt turning you into a different person, it's just unleashing your true nature

Hope that helps

lol is this what they told you at aa?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm addicted to plucking every single hair on my body one by one I spend 4 hours a day doing it

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

I was addicted to pain killers for a while cause i have chronic pain, coming off of them was really miserable and my body still craves them like 2 years later.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
i smoked a pack a day+ for years and gave it up just like that, no withdrawals, i don't know what everyone else is complaining about

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For a serious answer i do everything and i don't get addicted cause i'm not a loser. i'm gonna do e and drink tonight and suck a fuckin dick

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

unterdude posted:

went to mexico to do ibogaine

didn't get sick comin off a 2yr H binge

relapsed a week later lol

There has got to be some interesting stories from this

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I was addicted to pain killers for a while cause i have chronic pain, coming off of them was really miserable and my body still craves them like 2 years later.

That sucks

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

I'm Crap posted:

i smoked a pack a day+ for years and gave it up just like that, no withdrawals, i don't know what everyone else is complaining about

are you also an alcoholic? because imo that can hinder quitting smoking

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

I'm Crap posted:

That's my dad's story. He smoked in the army and quit the day he left. I do not comprehend how that is possible. :shrug:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Luvcow posted:

That's my dad's story. He smoked in the army and quit the day he left. I do not comprehend how that is possible. :shrug:

my dad did that because the government raised cigarette tax by 5% and he is stingy as gently caress

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

RideTheSpiral posted:

my dad did that because the government raised cigarette tax by 5% and he is stingy as gently caress

More addicted to his integrity than tobacco, sounds like a good man

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

RideTheSpiral posted:

are you also an alcoholic? because imo that can hinder quitting smoking
i like a drink but i have to be pretty loving tanked before i start smoking, like a once or twice a year thing. it's super nice at the time but i don't feel any compulsion to smoke the day after "falling off the wagon" or whatever

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

I'm Crap posted:

i like a drink but i have to be pretty loving tanked before i start smoking, like a once or twice a year thing. it's super nice at the time but i don't feel any compulsion to smoke the day after "falling off the wagon" or whatever

take a week long bender to accidentally get addicted again

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

I never got cigarettes, they taste really bad and made me dizzy whenever i smoked em in college.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I never got cigarettes, they taste really bad and made me dizzy whenever i smoked em in college.

I think cigars are loving retarded and i have no respect for anyone who smokes them even semi frequently

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

When I was a little kid I used to think alcohol tasted bad but then I got drunk and I fell in love

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't have an opinion about hookah bars

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

More addicted to his integrity than tobacco, sounds like a good man

Cheapness has no correlation with integrity

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

that means you already had bad circulation. how fat are you?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

mdm posted:

Cheapness has no correlation with integrity

Tell that to an old New Englander or an Irishman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I think it's kind of cool to be like," Smoking is worth $$$ to me and I'm not paying a penny more for the pleasure." and then actually stick to that.

• Locked thread