Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

boom boom boom posted:

I don't care. No one cares.

Ollie cares :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Did she have a mask on?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I actually don't think this season has been bad at all. It's been marred by some questionable choices (Felicity has been poorly served by turning her into a nagger, and then doing the whole 'one true love' thing) but then every season has been. I think the main story still works, and Amell has grown into the role quite a bit (The stuff with ATOM shows that when they give him some comedy to do then he can make it work) but the peripheral details and some poor flashback choices haven't helped. For one thing I don't know that they really need to be in every episode and if they do then they need some better placement than what they're getting, because it's throwing off the pacing.

It's not fair to compare the two, but The Flash has bigger issues for me so far.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Hollismason posted:

I always forget The Flash is a "spin-off", but what does that show you when your Spin Off does better than the show it spunned off from in the rating? Cause The Flash consistently gets more viewers than Arrow.

The real difference is how much the world has shifted since Arrow launched. It's all superheroes all the time now and it wasn't when Arrow launched.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sbaldrick posted:

The real difference is how much the world has shifted since Arrow launched. It's all superheroes all the time now and it wasn't when Arrow launched.

I'm pretty sure Avengers had already made a billion dollars at the box office before Arrow launched.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure Avengers had already made a billion dollars at the box office before Arrow launched.

Pretty sure he meant on TV.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Floppychop posted:

Pretty sure he meant on TV.

He didn't specify and the explosion happened post Avengers.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

He didn't specify and the explosion happened post Avengers.

Yeah but human conversation generally works better if you at least try to understand what people are saying.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah but human conversation generally works better if you at least try to understand what people are saying.

hu... man? what is this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

How's this?

You're a big meanie.

And to get into it again he said "the world" and most successful super hero films are international blockbusters. Nobody is holding the CW shows up as being huge hits across the globe.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

How's this?

You're a big meanie.

And to get into it again he said "the world" and most successful super hero films are international blockbusters. Nobody is holding the CW shows up as being huge hits across the globe.

he said "the world has shifted"

So you're arguing that the Nolan Batman movies and the MCU movies have literally changed the Earth's orbit around the sun, which is just absurd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah! Everyone knows that was Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

he said "the world has shifted"

So you're arguing that the Nolan Batman movies and the MCU movies have literally changed the Earth's orbit around the sun, which is just absurd.

Considering how the average fanboy is an enormous tub of lard and having them all gather together for these film releases and convention, No. It's not absurd at all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Did she have a mask on?

It's blurry footage shot on a phone from a TV, but I don't think so. I'm guessing in context she just grabs Roy's gear (which will mysteriously fit her despite her being like 30 pounds and 4 inches smaller and with a different body shape.)

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

It's blurry footage shot on a phone from a TV, but I don't think so. I'm guessing in context she just grabs Roy's gear (which will mysteriously fit her despite her being like 30 pounds and 4 inches smaller and with a different body shape.)

Don't you mean She will encounter a computer AI of her uncle cousin half brother Tommy, and he will have known that she would want to "suit up" making her a perfect superhero set, complete with platform pumps and rubber nipples?

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 27, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Thea, it's me, your ghostcousinbrother. It's what I would have wanted.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Don't you mean She will encounter a computer AI of her uncle cousin half brother Tommy, and he will have known that she would want to "suit up" making her a perfect superhero set, complete with platform pumps and rubber nipples?

Hey!

That suit didn't have nipples.

It had a moulded in g-string.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
The next spinoff needs to be an AfterMASH kind of thing. As long as Felicity is in the Father Mulcahy role and gets to wear the catholic priest garb.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

In that case Laurel can have the Henry Blake role

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Go with the superior MASH spinoff and make Trapper Laurel, DA.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Babe Magnet posted:

In that case Laurel can have the Henry Blake role

Laurel has been a lot more tolerable than Felicity this season. Huh, she doesn't have a romance plot, imagine that.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Laurel has been a lot more tolerable than Felicity this season. Huh, she doesn't have a romance plot, imagine that.

Ehhhhh that's arguable, but yes, not having a romance subplot has definitely improved the character.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

agreed

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gaz-L posted:

It had a lot of laces and buckles

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Ehhhhh that's arguable, but yes, not having a romance subplot has definitely improved the character.

Any time this or The Flash goes to their romance subplots they get interminable. The Flash is way worse because it's so utterly unconvincing. At least Amell has chemistry with whoever they pair him with. Arrow was fine with it when people just said what they felt and then laid out why it won't work and acted kind of like adults about it.

It's why the Felicity stuff has been so bad. You could do the exact same stuff with Palmer without Felicity also having feelings for him and making her look like an idiot. I mean they were sort of already there: She's trying to stop Ray from getting like Ollie as the latter slips further and further. Instead they make her seem the nagging voice of reason AND a lovestruck idiot.

I still think the Laurel stuff hasn't been great, but she's come on stronger as a character since they've left the romance alone (And she worked well with Roy, which is why it's a shame they don't get a goodbye).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Coles notes:

Goon doesn't like romance.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Coles notes:

Goon doesn't like romance.

I don't like it when it's done poorly, or when a character exists solely to be torn between two men. It's overplayed for one thing, and neither Flash or Arrow has found a way to do it well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's cool man, you bitch about again next week.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Rocksicles posted:

It had a lot of laces and buckles

It's probably her "league" outfit she wore when she killed Sara.

Watching the Flash preview, I wonder how they are dealing with the time line, cause it seems like the two shows need to swap the order they are airing in for things to make sense.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 28, 2015

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

That's cool man, you bitch about again next week.

Thanks! I will.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is the hooded vigilante's boner also hooded?

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

I liked that Felicity existed for a long time as her own character and not as a superhero's girlfriend which historically, has been a terrible place for a character to be. I agree that as annoying as Laurel is she's at least had a storyline that had nothing to do with romance. All Felicity has received this season is mooney eyes and crying.

Ollie reciporcating her feelings felt really out of left field for me, anyways. It went from nothing to soul mate just... because. Besides, seeing the two as friends with awkward sexual tension was much more fun.

Roy leaving was some sort of actor reason wasn't it? Is he going to the spin off or did he get a movie role or something?

ashez2ashes fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 28, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also he's going to get with Laurel eventually anyway.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I really hope not, Amell and Cassidy are a black hole of chemistry

I know its ~comics canon~ but ugh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Goons watching Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oliver (I'm not sure if it's Amell himself) has no charisma with anyone.

Amell has repeatedly said the plan has always been for the show to become about Green Arrow with Oliver becoming more true to the comics, so I don't know maybe that makes Laurel see something in him again and he gets to have a real personality.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Oliver (I'm not sure if it's Amell itself) has no charisma with anyone.

Untrue, old friend

edit:

dat head tilt :swoon:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Stop it, you'll give tumblr ideas.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I ship Laursco so you can imagine how upset I'd be.

Edit: Ciscel, that's way better. 2 thumbs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hcreight posted:

Stop it, you'll give tumblr ideas.

Nobody gives Tumblr ideas. That's like saying you were given cancer for Christmas. It just grows from the filth already present.

• Locked thread