Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Kevin Love is a punk who should be suspended for the first 20 games of next season. Bush league plays like that just don't have a place in the NBA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

hitze posted:

Blake Griffin chiming in

Makes sense because Griffin arm locks his man on almost every rebound opportunity

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

If I had any idea how to use photoshop, I would be changing that background to a UFC ring.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

mA posted:

His eyes were closed - how was he supposed to know that his head was so close to his elbows?

This was a beautifull thing.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

he looks like he's having fun

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

more on that sequence of events:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tyler Zeller saw that crime scene for what it was and booked it outta there. That's all the evidence I need

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
But if we reverse the footage, we can see Kelly Olynyk approach a damaged and running Love calmly with his hands up then heal his injured shoulder with a simple and clever orthopedic maneuver. If anything he should be issued an honorary chiropractic degree.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

Uhh, what? He's a lead contender for MIP and has nearly a 24 PER in the playoffs. What dropoff?

I'm talking defensively. He's been terrible defensively this season.

Lockback posted:

I think Noah is still not 100%, whether its something chronic, or something he never healed from, or what I don't know. But Noah looks like a different player out there even now. I think you are underestimating how important Noah is, he's a rim protector that can guard out on the perimeter, right now he looks like he's always a step behind the play.

I do agree that Thibs lineups have been weird and it looks like he was trying something that just didn't work. That's cause for criticism but showing him the door is going to make the team worse, I am nearly certain about that. I think he's getting WAYYYY too much blame. Assuming they get past the Bucks, I don't think they have a better team on paper than Cleveland, even without Love.

Also, someone had a chart that showed Rose was one of the most effective PGs on defense, which I am not sure I entirely believe but I don't think he's a huge deviation from average for PGs.

Noah is definitely not 100%. But the team isn't devoid of defensive talent. Butler was All-Defense, Taj was seen as one of the better defensive bigs in the league. They have some good team defenders too like Dunleavy. Noah at 80% shouldn't have caused the freefall this defense has seen this season. I just think the Bulls roster has a lot more talent on it than they are playing like.

If your team is only playing it's best lineups for 10-15 minutes a night, that's on the coach. You seem to agree that his lineup choices are bad too. It's one of the few things a coach has complete control over in a game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dunno if the extent was posted, but Love did tear his Labrum
https://twitter.com/howardbeck/status/593087541311582208

He's out for the playoffs barring some miracle.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Maybe I missed this, but David Griffin said Love is out for the whole playoffs.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are there any long term implications from the injury? Just think it sucks when a guy gets hurt right before he's up for a payday. Hopefully it's an injury that will let him get back to 100%.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Niwrad posted:

Are there any long term implications from the injury? Just think it sucks when a guy gets hurt right before he's up for a payday. Hopefully it's an injury that will let him get back to 100%.

Shoulders are finnicky things. I messed mine up twice playing high school football and it has never been the same. Of course, Kevin Love will probably get better medical care.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Niwrad posted:

Yeah, once your shoulder gets hosed up like that its much more injury prone.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Phone posting so no link, but y'all really need to read the new NBA Y2K. It's beautiful.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Where's the part where Love tries to rip Olynk's arm off even though the play is well away from them?

IcePhoenix posted:

even though the play is well away from them?

IcePhoenix posted:

well away from them

Apparently "well away from" is equivalent to "several inches away from."

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 28, 2015

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tearing your labrum is not an injury that you come back from 100% for 2 years im 9 months out and its still extremely clunky

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
drat that's pretty lovely for Love

Sandeep
Mar 27, 2002

I should be working on Summoner 3 instead of engaging in political discussions
When the Celtics come to Cleveland to play next season, Olynyk should probably avoid going out in public. Or maybe just stay in Boston with flu like symptoms or something.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Henchman of Santa posted:

Phone posting so no link, but y'all really need to read the new NBA Y2K. It's beautiful.

Here is the link:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8500333/nba-y2k-ten-years-to-midnight

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

if he was the type of guy that wanted to fit in he would tell his body not now.

I still think the Cavs can go far. Lebron beat a good Pacers team without Bosh, and Bosh was more important to the Heat's offense than Love is. If they go small with Lebron at the 4 things can work out. They'll lose a bunch of boards to Gibson but it may be worth it. Kyrie-Shump-random 3 shooter-Lebron-Moz is still a formidable line-up—especially against the inconsistent teams in the East.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
LeBron owns the Bulls they'll be fine until Brooklyn takes them out in the ECF.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Why are we discussing the Bulls, the Cavs are going to go through the Bucks and then the Nets to make the Finals without playing a single team above .500.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On1QR5ICpbc&feature=youtu.be&t=48s

Funniest loving thing I've seen all day. Jesus christ.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Great White Hope posted:

Why are we discussing the Bulls, the Cavs are going to go through the Bucks and then the Nets to make the Finals without playing a single team above .500.

I want this to happen so badly now.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Niwrad posted:

He shot 28% from 3 this season on 187 attempts. He's a 30% career 3-point shooter. He absolutely should not have a green light because he's a bad 3-point shooter.

The only one's he should be taking are the wide open spot-up 3's that he sometimes gets because he is not that bad at them.

I've been a big supporter of his in the past but the league has changed. Spacing is vital in today's NBA and he just doesn't think it is. The roster is just not tailored for him. Might be better suited with another group more tailored to his style (Orlando actually makes sense in that regard).

Obviously it's a huge risk if they let him go. But as it stands, it's a team with a defensive minded coach who doesn't have a good defense. What's the point?

They have an above-average defense this year. Last year they were #2, and the year before that they were #5. Before you're ready to declare him a defensive has-been, maybe you should wait and see how they do defensively next season?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
And then the Cavs win and this weird narrative appears where the East is so tough that it's hard to get a winning record

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kirk Hinrich's goggles
Can see the future and past
But not the basket

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

straight up brolic posted:

Tearing your labrum is not an injury that you come back from 100% for 2 years im 9 months out and its still extremely clunky

One slight positive--it's the shoulder of his off-arm. Last year I sprained my right shoulder. It didn't require surgery or anything, but I couldn't even play fetch with my dog without having significant pain. I can't imagine trying to shoot a basketball with a bad shoulder injury. 6 months later, mine still gives me some problems.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

PantsFreeZone posted:

LeBron owns the Bulls they'll be fine until Brooklyn takes them out in the ECF.

I'd love to take this idea home and snack on it tonight.
This is getting me rock hard.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This isn't as funny as the heat-death one, but the writing was pretty good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

Apparently "well away from" is equivalent to "several inches away from."

I was getting it confused with a different play (or just flat out misremembering it which is more likely) but the image you quoted is Olynk tearing Love's arm not Love tearing Olynk's so I'm not sure what your point was in posting it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

IcePhoenix posted:

I was getting it confused with a different play (or just flat out misremembering it which is more likely) but the image you quoted is Olynk tearing Love's arm not Love tearing Olynk's so I'm not sure what your point was in posting it.

Love didn't tear olynks arm though? If he had his own arm wouldn't have been violently separated by a thug play that has no place in the NBA!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

EvanTH posted:

How the hell is it a basketball play to do that once the rebound is on the floor? I get that there's all sort of shoving and yanking while it's caroming off the rim and everyone has a chance still (which is also bullshit but whatever), but this is just a player who's got no chance at making a play gooning it up. There's zero basketball skill or talent displayed, it's an armbar from a movie barfight. I cannot fathom why anyone is defending it in the slightest besides parroting "well it's been that way forever sooo".

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ramadu posted:

Love didn't tear olynks arm though?

Yes congratulations that was my point, you found it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

kalensc posted:

How the hell is it a basketball play to do that once the rebound is on the floor? I get that there's all sort of shoving and yanking while it's caroming off the rim and everyone has a chance still (which is also bullshit but whatever), but this is just a player who's got no chance at making a play gooning it up. There's zero basketball skill or talent displayed, it's an armbar from a movie barfight. I cannot fathom why anyone is defending it in the slightest besides parroting "well it's been that way forever sooo".

Well, the league determined it wasn't a legit basketball play and suspended him for a game. The problem is it kinda looked like other things that are.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

EvanTH posted:

Something bad was bound to happen with that much grit, hustle, and BBIQ in such close proximity.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Will the Lopez twins marry the Gonzalez twins???

Is this meant to be???

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Will the Lopez twins marry the Gonzalez twins???

Is this meant to be???

man i dunno. robin looks like he sleeps on a portland park bench rite now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kalensc posted:

Well, I think the idea is that Olynyk wasn't trying to hurt him. They got tangled up a bit, but then instead of trying to get untangled or draw a foul or whatever, he tried to grab and pull Love away from the ball so he wouldn't get the rebound. It's a dirty play, but like a "conventional" dirty play that ended up getting someone hurt, not a Artest trying to kill James Harden dirty play.

1 game seems maybe a bit light, but I don't think it needs to be orders of magnitudes longer than that. I don't think anyone is defending it, but even though I really like Love as a player I think it was far more of a lovely, unintentional outcome than any sort of malice that needs to be punished severely.

• Locked thread