Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
More or less funny than Kansas City being in Missouri?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

zimbomonkey posted:

Hey, KC, KS is um... it... um... it exists.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

*scene begins with shots of a rainy miami street at night time*

a young dion jordan wanders the streets...

dj: I can't take it anymore. Richie just won't leave jmart alone

drug dealer: hey kid..sounds like you're having a tough time

dj: you can say that again

drug dealer: I got something that will take away all that pain...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Hey, KC, KS is um... it... um... it exists.

That's where the speedway is if you like that sort of thing. And Sporting KC I guess? Once again if you like that stuff. And...yeah that's about it.

Oops the T Bones (an independent league baseball team) too.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

dios mio look at that cubano

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It is funny to me that Cinci's International airport is literally in Kentucky

Like a third of the city is in Kentucky

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Technically the Ohio river is in Kentucky. Ohio stops at the bank.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

welcome back NaVorro :unsmith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

didn't he retire yet

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Probably going to immediately after the draft, just you wait.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

whypick1 posted:

Probably going to immediately after the draft, just you wait.

Shut up shut up shut up shut up

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

That's where the speedway is if you like that sort of thing. And Sporting KC I guess? Once again if you like that stuff. And...yeah that's about it.

Oops the T Bones (an independent league baseball team) too.

Never been to the Speedway but I go to the Legends every once in a while and attend a t-bones game every year(I live around Leavenworth). Was just there last week at the Yardhouse.

I keep hearing a lot of businesses there are closing and/or are in financial trouble so maybe in a few years the only thing that will be keeping it afloat will be the Speedway and Sporting KC. KCK took one hell of a gamble on that place.

Fake edit: Oh, the Cerner building and a shitload of luxury apartments were just built there so who the hell knows how that place is doing overall.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 29, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

welcome back NaVorro :unsmith:

Who does he know that's still on the team?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

zimbomonkey posted:

I always say you can tell Kansas is poo poo when even Kansas City doesnt want to be there

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m1 minute ago A plugged-in friend of mine just crystalized the Dolphins' issues: They spent ~$70M on Jordan, Ellerbe, Wheeler and Wallace. 2013=disaster

Corr blimey.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TG-Chrono posted:

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m1 minute ago A plugged-in friend of mine just crystalized the Dolphins' issues: They spent ~$70M on Jordan, Ellerbe, Wheeler and Wallace. 2013=disaster

Corr blimey.

Ireland's swan song.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Me and a couple buddies are gonna get together for the Draft at a bar, have a couple beers, maybe wings and pizza (one's gonna get a salad) and enjoy watching comedy unfold.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Would it be wrong of me to DVR the draft and watch it when i get home tomorrow?

On the one hand it's so full of fluff that I can skip by just reading the picks in like 20 seconds but on the other hand I don't want to miss out on the real time unfolding of insane trades and picks if they happen

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha Ireland couldn't have hosed up that last season worse if he tried

gently caress you Dion Jordan I just can't believe he did it AGAIN

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Any of you cool dudes or dudettes got a lead on where I might be able to watch the draft in London?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I dunno about there, but if any of you goons find yourself in Paris they'll more than likely have it at The Moose in the 6th arrondissement

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

nrr posted:

Any of you cool dudes or dudettes got a lead on where I might be able to watch the draft in London?

Irish pub. All sports are always at Irish pubs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

I dunno about there, but if any of you goons find yourself in Paris they'll more than likely have it at The Moose in the 6th arrondissement

One of my favorite Paris moments was trying to explain the NFL in french in paris to a bunch of people that didn't know what the gently caress was going on.

It was the first preseason game in 2008 whatever that was. The game was poo poo.

The only thing they were excited by was seeing John Madden. That's the name they'd heard.

Getting drunk off wine and 1664 is rough.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Drew Brees lost me money in Amsterdam to an Irish dude that knew nothing about (real) football by sucking in a bowl game at 3 am. It was dutch money so I didn't care and I was leaving.

Moral, bet on the draft with someone in the pub.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Chip Kelly was trapped in a nightmare.
"With the 20th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select-"
The words echoed in his head endlessly. He was haunted by the ghastly spectre of a mid-round pick whose initials were non-aliterative. He hadn't slept in weeks. Chip stared at the day-by-day smoothie calendar next to his bed without lifting his head from the pillow. April 29th. He could barely even enjoy the glistening photograph of a kale and pineapple (with flax seed for texture) smoothie that sat on his nightstand. He fumbled around to try to find his phone, but came up empty.
"This can't be right," Chip thought. He always followed a strict, 37-step regimen starting at 8:00 each night, and he never missed step 19, putting his phone on his nightstand. A cold wave of fear washed over him.
"Looking for something?" A frigid voice shot through the twilight of Chip's bedroom. Chip rubbed his eyes and looked around, trying to hide his fear.
"Wh...who's there?"
"I'm surprised you don't recognize me. Isn't that a poster of me on your wall?"
Chip's worst fears were coming true. "B...Bill?"
"That's right, Charles. Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you. Yet."
Bill Belichick stepped out of the inky shadows of the closet, gingerly holding Chip's cell phone in his hand, scrolling through something that he couldn't see from the bed. Chip leapt out of bed and lunged towards Bill, before finding himself unable to breathe and collapsing to the ground.
"Ah ah ah, patience, Charles... don't you want to know the reason for my visit? Such an inconsiderate host."
"Bill, this has to stop."
"Stop? I've only just begun." Bill taunted while pulling a folded-up piece of paper out of his pocket.
"Wh... what's that?" Chip gasped, still kneeling on the ground catching his breath.
"I have here a document that will guarantee Mr. Marcus Mariota is drafted by your Philadelphia Eagles in just twenty-four hours' time."
Chip scoffed. "You won't fool me again. You told me that accepting Tebow's soul from you would get me Marcus. Then you told me that the alignment of the forces wasn't right. You're toying with me. And stop calling me Charles."
"I shall call you the name that your so-called God provided you. I deal in forces beyond your comprehension, Charles. You don't get to decide what appeases them. You've done well in bringing together the four gatekeepers of the underworld."
Chip rubbed his temples and sighed. "Do you have any idea what I've been through to get them together? I was lucky enough to have Barkley already, but I'm getting eaten alive out there... I think they started to get wise when Bradford showed up, and Tebow may have been the last straw."
Bill cackled loudly and stepped towards the window, staring aimlessly off into the distance. "Ah, if those heathens only knew what was possible... Goodell wishes he had this power. Imagine the possibilities, Charles."
"I need a smoothie."

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
today is the day i turn 30, and die

i'd like to ask the clveland browns to send players to be pallbearers, so they can marvel at my Perfect Visage one last time

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

YMB posted:

Chip Kelly was trapped in a nightmare.
"With the 20th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select-"
The words echoed in his head endlessly. He was haunted by the ghastly spectre of a mid-round pick whose initials were non-aliterative. He hadn't slept in weeks. Chip stared at the day-by-day smoothie calendar next to his bed without lifting his head from the pillow. April 29th. He could barely even enjoy the glistening photograph of a kale and pineapple (with flax seed for texture) smoothie that sat on his nightstand. He fumbled around to try to find his phone, but came up empty.
"This can't be right," Chip thought. He always followed a strict, 37-step regimen starting at 8:00 each night, and he never missed step 19, putting his phone on his nightstand. A cold wave of fear washed over him.
"Looking for something?" A frigid voice shot through the twilight of Chip's bedroom. Chip rubbed his eyes and looked around, trying to hide his fear.
"Wh...who's there?"
"I'm surprised you don't recognize me. Isn't that a poster of me on your wall?"
Chip's worst fears were coming true. "B...Bill?"
"That's right, Charles. Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you. Yet."
Bill Belichick stepped out of the inky shadows of the closet, gingerly holding Chip's cell phone in his hand, scrolling through something that he couldn't see from the bed. Chip leapt out of bed and lunged towards Bill, before finding himself unable to breathe and collapsing to the ground.
"Ah ah ah, patience, Charles... don't you want to know the reason for my visit? Such an inconsiderate host."
"Bill, this has to stop."
"Stop? I've only just begun." Bill taunted while pulling a folded-up piece of paper out of his pocket.
"Wh... what's that?" Chip gasped, still kneeling on the ground catching his breath.
"I have here a document that will guarantee Mr. Marcus Mariota is drafted by your Philadelphia Eagles in just twenty-four hours' time."
Chip scoffed. "You won't fool me again. You told me that accepting Tebow's soul from you would get me Marcus. Then you told me that the alignment of the forces wasn't right. You're toying with me. And stop calling me Charles."
"I shall call you the name that your so-called God provided you. I deal in forces beyond your comprehension, Charles. You don't get to decide what appeases them. You've done well in bringing together the four gatekeepers of the underworld."
Chip rubbed his temples and sighed. "Do you have any idea what I've been through to get them together? I was lucky enough to have Barkley already, but I'm getting eaten alive out there... I think they started to get wise when Bradford showed up, and Tebow may have been the last straw."
Bill cackled loudly and stepped towards the window, staring aimlessly off into the distance. "Ah, if those heathens only knew what was possible... Goodell wishes he had this power. Imagine the possibilities, Charles."
"I need a smoothie."

:vince:

we need more

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chip Kelly couldn't concentrate. It was 3 in the morning and he still hadn't figured out how to redesign the car so that the steering wheel would be in the trunk, let alone getting to the process of re-inventing what it meant to be NFL. He'd already signed Tebow and yet what else? There was something missing. The press could eat poo poo as they always did, but Chip knew if he got it right it might be just what was needed to finally get the Jews out of Europe.
For Chip Kelly had always harboured a hatred for the Jews. Born in a village in eastern Ukraine to parents who were the children of Nazis, Chip Kelly always considered gridiron football as an appropriate proxy war for continuation of the Third Reich.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

football fuckerman posted:

i'd like to ask the clveland browns to send players to be pallbearers, so they can marvel at my Perfect Visage one last time
wanna watch the draft at the irish oak again

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm turning 30 this year.

The Dolphins suck.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What if Rap legitimately killed himself after that post

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

and you guys sat here quoting and mocking

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"30 year old football enthusiast found naked and dead in apartment, no foul play expected."

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

sweet thursday posted:

"30 year old football enthusiast found naked and dead in apartment, no foul play expected."

he never scored

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

i'd like to ask the clveland browns to send players to be pallbearers, so they can let me down just one last time

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

so as a chiefs fan, when i turn 30 next year, do i have to commit hari kari too?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

so as a chiefs fan, when i turn 30 next year, do i have to commit hari kari too?

you don't have to, but it's encouraged

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

why are we all turning 30

what is happening

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kids these days with their pinterests and twitch streams ain't got time for message board forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I turned 30 a few weeks ago. The Bengals.

• Locked thread