Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jormund Broken-Shield
Race: Human… mostly.
Class: Shieldbearer
Health: 25 (-5=20)
Armor: 14+2=16
Accuracy: +2 (+1 from normal, +1 from Bog-Amber Pendant)
Skills
--Using A Shield for Things You Don’t Normally Use A Shield For, but Plausibly Could
--Spinning a Yarn
--Concentration
Abilities:
--Bull Rush
--Bark At The Moon
--I’ve Got Your Back
Talent: Lycanthrope
Items:
Bog-Amber Pendant (+1 Accuracy, 2/2 Ability rerolls)

Gongsounder (+2 Defense, gives +2 to allied rolls after successful defense)

Hearing her offers, Jormund nodded. "Better to have a shield that stays on your arm than one that breaks when in danger. You may have these two shields from the artifact, as well as this Bang-Stick, and five 'points' of my own life-force, as payment for the Gongsounder."

He shuddered, feeling the life drain from him, and handed over the stick in exchange for the iron shield, admiring its craftsmanship (excellent) and its decorations (interesting). He was quite pleased with the acquisition, and his good mood continued. 

((For lack of anything else, repeating my Concentration check from last time... bleh. 25, though. ))

He was then ready to proceed, and would go through the gate whenever his fellows were done. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
-Wave Six-
Vahl reaches out towards the Giantess’ soul, attempting to bring it under his control. It feels like he’s pushing on a giant jello mold, the fabric of her being stretching only slightly before snapping taut, sending him careening backwards into a pillar. (Four Rounds till Talent Recharge) He lays still for a moment, waiting for a hammer to fall. Nothing comes - she is busy. He counts himself lucky, for the moment. Better to lie here a moment, just in case!

---
When the ringing peal finally stops echoing off the stone walls of the hall, she draws her massive creation off the anvil and drops it with a heavy thump to the floor before them, where it rolls to a stop. All hands speak in unison. “OUT OF BLACKNESS, AMIDST THE PAIN AND LOSS OF ITS CREATION, I BRING YOU A GREAT ARTIFACT. ENSOULED WITH A REBELLIOUS SPIRIT, BOUND BY CONTRACTS AND RULES, IT TEARS ITSELF APART WITHOUT YOUR GUIDANCE. I GRANT ALL OF YOU THE ARTIFACT RIDES-AT-NIGHT”

(Unholy mashup of all of these, constantly shifting aspects between them. Somehow still looks comfortable to ride)
It’s unmistakably a vehicle of some kind, though none like you’ve seen before. It slouches close to the ground, tires (claws?) pawing at the stones like a caged beast. Its engine roars like a bellowing ape, and it fills the air with smoke of darkest midnight. It wheels to face you, its headlights beaming at you as though looking you over. Its door snaps open with a sound like a beetle’s shell, and it dips to allow you entrance. It’s waiting.

“MY TASK IS COMPLETE. YOU MAY PROCEED.”

With another sequence of raps of her hammer, a gate opens in the base of the anvil, beckoning the Topseekers through.

(Okay, you made a huge weird monster truck! That’s weird! Here’s something weirder - it has four seats. Do not roll a 1d100 roll this turn to get it - it is an ensouled creature, not a possession. Instead, each turn you may roll a 1d100 (seperate from other actions) to make a contract with it. Only four Topseekers may do so at a time - the top four rollers, naturally. Entering a contract with it sees it swing by to pick you up. While within Rides-At-Night, you gain 5 DR and +2 AC, and gain +5 to any sort of Mobility related rolls (Acrobatics, Running, Driving, whatever) as it drives you around. If you roll below 15 while within it, it will boot you out. You can also exit as a free action.

If nobody makes a contract with it on any given turn, or every rider is ejected in a single turn due to bad rolls, it will go beserk, rampaging at random! Have fun!)

---
Byzantiel offers the Giantess a form as she wipes her hands on her apron, one hand waggling a disappointed finger at Vahl and tsk’ing. The Giantess touches the form with the tip of one massive finger and fills it out with a crackle of static.

Forge Giantess posted:

TRUE NAME: N/A
BEST KNOWN ALIASES: Forge Giantess, Smithress, Concept Forgemistress, The Creation Act Itself, Babe
PREFERRED NAME: N/A / No preference
AGE (IN STANDARD CELESTIAL CYCLES): N/A / AND RUDE TO ASK. HA HA.
OCCUPATION AND/OR SPHERES OF INFLUENCE: Concept Forgemistress.
LENGTH OF CURRENT OCCUPATION IF APPLICABLE (IN STANDARD CELESTIAL CYCLES): N/A / All Time
DEITIFORM CLASS: Non-Classifiable / Closest Approximation Deitiform Class Θ͖͓̫͇̬̫͖̝͖̋ͨ̀Ψ̵̺̬͙͛̑ͤ̇̓̚͘͢
STATUS OF OPERATIONAL DEITIFORM RIGHTS IN THE CURRENT SECTOR OF OCCUPATION: Total Access / Arch-Administrative Permissions
AFFILIATIONS: The One Tower and its Lord
NUMBER OF CONTACTS WITH AGENTS OF THE INFINITE CUBICLE IN THE PAST: 33
Byzantiels wheels locked in place then reversed in annoyance at some of her answers as it pored through her form. All of a sudden, another form appeared before it, this one far more intriguing - the personal Archive data on this Eva Watt character.

---
Skullzmaster - Tom - dealt with his sudden revelation with aplomb. After all, he was already dead, no sense fretting about how, and now he had a cool robot head! Speaking of which, it could do with a little bit of polish! A little bit of ectoplasm here, a little bit there... aaaand done! It looked good as new! Maybe a little better! (Your Robo-Head is fully healed. Additionally, it gains 2 extra HP to its cap!)

---
Morton approached the Giantess with his own proposition, which she listened to with patience and a soft smile on each of her hands. When he was done, she paused a moment, then shook her head gently.

“NO, SIR SOUL BROKER. WHILE I APPRECIATE YOUR BRAVERY IN ASKING, THERE IS SIMPLY NOTHING YOU CAN OFFER ME. A NEAR-LIMITLESS STREAM OF CONCEPTS? HERE IN THE TOWER, I HAVE A ACTUALLY LIMITLESS STREAM FLOWING IN. I SIMPLY CANNOT AID YOU IN THIS, AND I AM SORRY FOR IT.”

(Letting you guys decide on whether to move on - the Grinder can be dangerous!)

-Wave Eight-
“We’re up to dessert in here, and Glen looks terrible! He’s not done too well on the other meals, but maybe dessert is where he’ll turn the corner. Speaking of the food, it’s got some sort of weird spatial-warping thing going on - little pokes at it with the fork just result in the fork bending away from it. One of the goblins poked at it with a finger and the finger bent too! When they pulled it away it was fine, but the goblin’s still freaking out about it!”

---
“And it looks like the Goblins have found a way past the space-warping barrier. Brute force! After a few tries, two of the stronger goblins manage to smash a third’s face into the torte, breaking the barrier like a brick through a window. The magic dispelled, they shove it greedily into their faces. (It’s space warpingly delicious! Gain 1d8HP OR the next attack directed at you hits an ally instead!)

---
“Glen takes another straining bite. It’s like he’s a garbage can that’s overful of food - it looks like new food is just kinda bouncing out of his mouth. Oh, what’s this? He just sat up straight in his seat, clutching his belly. Is he gonna hurl!? Somebody leans over to try to help and-”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJhdSqdd0ws (REQUIRED VIEWING)

“Holy poo poo he exploded! There’s fat and crap and guts and food everywhere! The wait staff are weeping out their eyeless faces! Other Topseekers are keeling over from the smell! It’s a disaster! I really hope nobody was eating while watching this!”

-???-
Glen, you open your eyes to find yourself staring down at your exploded, yucky corpse. It doesn’t bother you that much at this point. You are aware of a few things. You see in your mind three golden flames - your Haunts. You can spend a Haunt to aid or hinder the living (Give +/- 5 to any roll, mechanically) whenever you want. You are aware that when your Haunts are exhausted, you will cease to be as an ego. It doesn’t bother you that much at this point. With difficulty, you are able to remember fragments of your personality, but caring is difficult without an anchor to the material.
-???-

“With the speed of someone who REALLY wants to get something over with, the wait staff and the strange little man tidy the area, wiping gore and ichor off the other Wave Eight Topseekers and providing them new food. The other ones were just too gross, even for this place. The Somebody looks stricken that they couldn’t help, and picks listlessly at their torte. Or they would, if they could bypass the field!” (Something of the field sticks to you, reversed. Take -2 to Defense until the next time you are hit, whereupon the curse ends)

---
"Murray tosses his torte into the air with a flourish and a flick of the wrist. The plate goes spinning off into the distance to land perfectly on a tray of dirty dishes, and the torte falls perfectly into his mouth. Effortless grace!" (The good stuff happens to ya!)

---
“He Who Bakes looks momentarily… well, not sad, but… disappointed? He shakes his shaggy head at Glen’s empty seat, tutting. Then he lifts the whole plate off table, eating it all in a single gulp. That’s certainly one way to do it!” (The good stuff happens to ya!)

---
The food thus completed, the wait staff silently whisked everything away and the (now tidied up) strange little man returned to give them the Check. “The Check, ladies and gentlemen, has already been paid.” He lays the platter on the table, unveiling the check. The price is so substantial as to be meaningless, but the names of those who fell during the Culling on Floor Ten are there underwritten in blood. “Your world henceforth gets free service at Chateau Maladie. Feel free to take a mint, and be on your way - merely fold your napkin on the table before you, and off to the next floor you go!”

As one, you fold your napkins, pleased to be moving on from this dangerous place.

-~~~-
You open your eyes (you think?) in a white void. You hear excited voices coming from below you, and peer down. Three unusual little beings lie before you, all bowing and supplicating and beseeching your attention. You give them a curious wave and they cheer, then scowl at one another. They all look a little bit more stressed than usual.

●Oh, great gods. Our world is in great turmoil, thanks to the foolishness of prior gods. Will you not help Spherulea to become great again?●

◚Welcome, Gods, the free people of Indigarch welcome you. Our world has shaken, of late, and many a great tale has been told. Will you join us in singing of a return to paradise?◚

☖We praise you, Fourth Gods! The Third Gods did much for out forefathers, extinguising the hated Quadrilateros and granting our ancestors the meagre strength of these conquered peoples. We are the Pentagoral, Scions of Triangloran, and we welcome you to our land!☖

That’s all of them. The Quads are well and truly gone.

(Well, who’ll it be? These little guys need help, and they think you can do it for them! No splitting up, here - you guys have to decide who you’re going with together!

edit: Oh yeah forgot - Phearson roll a new character up yo)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 4, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Name - Mason
Race - Idiot
Class - Idiot
Health - 23 Armor - 15
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Phys Ed (onlee clas I got an A in), Bein' eggnored, vandalism (dun felonee charzes, only charzed wit misdumeeners)
Talent cleared!

Mason takes a swig and hoots and hollers! He won a new car!
drunken healing: 1d20 +1 wave bonus 13

"Hot dayum! did this thing get a hemi innit or wut?"

Mason pops the hood and checks out the fancy engine and all! Looks pretty sweet - won't all his kissin cuzins be jealous right now. He closes the hood and slides right into the drivers seat, Rum Dubya fitting neatly into the cupholder.

"We don't have to hed out jes yet, but I'll be a munkees unkel if I didn tek it fer a test spin!"

I dun have a "lisense", but I kno how 2 drive: 1d100 87

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 30, 2015

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
About to head home from work. I've almost got my new character fleshed out, just missing a skill. I'll try to get that figured out later and post, or at least put up what I've got and fill in the last skill after the fact.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Phearson posted:

About to head home from work. I've almost got my new character fleshed out, just missing a skill. I'll try to get that figured out later and post, or at least put up what I've got and fill in the last skill after the fact.

(Suh-weet)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Byzantiel
Race: Angel
Class: Celestial bureaucrat
Health: 26
Armor: 14
Accuracy: +1
Talent Recharge: ALL SYSTEMS GO (works on a 2-4 until talent success, after which cooldown and success chance return to normal)
Other assorted things: , The Scales of Heaven, The Orb of Judgement, A white aura with a slight golden hint

Dutifully sending the newly filed deitiform identification forms to the Great Archive for safekeeping, Byzantiel thought it could use the brief downtime to perform some personal preening. Mainly, the glow it still had due to the neon curse still persisted. Now, the glow wore the exact and only correct hue of Byzantiel's assigned halo for field operations, but a halo was so much more than mere colours. It was a symbol of office, a symbol of rank, and a tool to be used. The regulations and internal bylaws concerning the correct use of halos in the Infinite Cubicle comprised entire wings of the Great Archive just by themselves.

So it was no wonder that Byzantiel was growing tired of this mockery it was forced to wield. It concentrated for a bit, whilst a nearly inaudible hum, more felt than heard, suffused the area.

Angelic powers catch-all: 1d20+6: 21

Success. An actual halo was manifest. A very minor one albeit, but a halo nonetheless. Regulation was once more properly upheld.

That little thing taken care of, Byzantiel turned to the artifact and briefly presented the summary it got concerning Eva.

"ɪɴ ᴇxᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴜʙɪᴄʟᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴛᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴊᴏɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ sʜᴇʟʟ, ᴀs ᴘᴇʀ ᴇssᴇɴᴄᴇ ʀᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴏᴄᴏʟ 14-Λ."

Contract with Rides-At-Night: 1d100: 75

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

! !SkUlLzMaStEr! ! / W.R.A.R.OBOT / Tom Mallory
Health: 38 (32 + 12 (sphere-o head)). Armor: 15 (11 + 2 (sphere-o head) + 2 (Textbook)). DR: 4 (Textbook). Accuracy: +2 ( 1 + 1 (wave bonus)).
Skills: Be a Scary Ghost. Ectoplasm Manipulation (double bonus from textbook!). Spectral Diplomacy.
Abilities: Phantasmic Regeneration, Haunt (double use from textbook!), I'm pretty sure theres another thing...
Items: Possessed Sphere-O Head. Pre-Sghoul Textbook. Elementary Sghoul Textbook. Middle-Sghoul Textbook. Uni-hearse-ity Textbook.
Turn until Talent Recharge: 9

what. what? What? What?! WHAT?!? Seriously???? Hahaha! Yeeeeeeessssss! This tower is the best place to have ever existed!

Ride That Truck: 1d100 = 22

Geez! That truck is real hard to catch up with! I'll, uh. I'll grab a seat when it slows down! You guys! Make it do a flip! Make it do a fliiiiip! Ramp off that hill made of gems! Haha!

So.. I guess we should take our rad monster truck and get going? Hopefully the next floor isnt another tiny little office room, now that we have a monster truck! Literally a monster! With a huuuuge mouth! Haha! Its, like, naturally already real spooky! But... you know... It could use some cool decals. Every monster truck needs cool decals! Even ones that are actual monsters!
Ectoplasm Manipulation: 1d20+10+1 = 15

Perfect! This is the best looking monster truck I have ever seen! Its just so...

BOOtiful!

Haha!

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 3, 2015

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I am glad whatever does not have emotions. To have your Raven balck and emotional soul turned into a yokel riding sideshow car is the gravest insult. Also good the crucible doesn't know about Orthex.

E: hahaha "gravest" insult.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
ALPish.. DOLFIN!

1. Coolteans!

Traits
Moustache
Wings
Armored
Behavior
Telepathic Communication
Emotional Self-Control
Goals
Self-Actualization
Altruism

The world around this creature blurs for a moment, but it suddenly blips out of existence.
talent: 1d4 1

Another creature much of the same takes its place, things carry on as per usual.

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 29, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Name - Rasheek

Dammerung posted:

Something flashes in Fish Long Fishwei's mind... a memory. "...Rasheek, I was curious - what classes have you put on hold? I know I asked you this a while ago and never followed up on it, but I'm really curious!"

"Is it not obvious? While it is not my main occupation, I had the distinct pleasure of educating brats in the art of the ballroom dance. It was more entertaining than you might think. Like watching a baby learn to take its first steps. I also tutored a select few in sword fighting to repay a few favors."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Inigo Joe

Take a seat: 1d100 = 61

Inigo climb onto the backseat of Koko, now known as Rides-At-Night, which is a cool and deserving title for the gorilla reincarnated. "Yes." He said. "This is good. Team Friendship shall return roaring and strong." He relax on the gorilla fur-skin seat comfortably and enjoy the moment of union and reunion.

Roscoe barks enthusiastically while pouring Inigo a fine wine to celebrate the occasion. It's smart enough to pour a drink to whoever got on the car too. Inigo raise his glass to toast.

Heal on truck with fine wine: 1d20+5+1 = 9

The rumbling make Inigo spill his drink a little, but that's okay, the moment is still good.

Cooldown: 1

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 4, 2015

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Name - Morton Leichenfaust Jr.
Health – 29
Armor – 12
Acc: +1
Other stuff: Black Aura, Geomaton Staff, Concord of Creation, Free mint
Talent Cooldown - 2
Talent Range - <3,4>

He'd seen a few miraculous items in his years, but none of them as impressive as Rides-At-Night. Morton tried to board the vehicle, eager to take it out for a test ride.

(Get in the car, 1d100=78, http://orokos.com/roll/281998)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

quote:

Name - Whole mess of Goblins
Race - Goblin
Class - Swarm
Health - 25+1+3=29*2=58-1=57 goblins
Armor - 15
Accuracy - +1

Skills
- Multitasking
- Ransacking
- Reproduction

Abilities
- Swarm: Many hands make light work
- Exploration: Goblins turn up everywhere... anywhere
- Cull the weak: The swarm know how to remove the injured and afflicted, improving the tribe as a whole

Talent
- Life finds a way: Easy to kill, impossible to eradicate. Unaccounted for goblins pour from the unseen places and a terrifying reproductive instinct takes over. The number of goblins doubles, to a minimum of starting health. If recharged activates on death of 'last' goblin.

Breadstick 3/4: 1d4 +1 Goblin
Cake Bonus: 1d8 +3 Goblins

The cloak makes an unholy mess of the Blood cake and before finally taking note of their surroundings.

"Big pinko!" "Meatfoods?"
"Big blue! thing!" "No big eater! Big Big Blue! Is Thing!"
"Eater Thing!" "Demon Thing!"
"Fatty fat fat meat thing!" "Big Fatty meat thing!"
"Oooo, bigger bigger bigger..."

The cowl watches with keen interest as Glen grow too big for his skin before exploding in a beautiful meatsplosion!
"Meat fly" "Gets it!"
Several hands reach out, and snatch chunks of Glen from the air.
"Good meats!" "Yaaammmyy"
"Gets more!"
The cloak elongates and slaps down on several larger chunks of Glen, pulling them down into it's bowels with series of grisly stomach churning pops and snaps.
"Good meat!!" "Strange taste"
"Thing meat?"
Glens magically nutritious flesh and the close putrid confines engender a certain... ardor, maybe enough to is enough to trigger....time for da fuckky fukky!...: 1d4 2
"Wat wrong?"
1d4 2
"Uh.. dis not usually happen... uh"
1d4 2
"Works good! Works good!"
1d4 4 Talent Activation! When the coats a rock'n it's time for da goblins!
"Unf unf unf!" "Awww yyeeeeaaa! "

The entire increasingly full coat shakes and shudders with more force than should be and audible grunts and groans emit from the writhing winter wear.

Just as the restaurant starts to fade the coat balloons in terrible mockery of Glens performance and explodes not in death, but in life!
Goblins slick with afterbirth and placental viscera spray across top seekers up to two tables deep, slapping into diners, waiters, centerpieces and demolishing a seven layered death by chocolate masterpiece. 29*2=58 Goblins
Before goblin, diner or waiter can react the whole tribe disappears to the next level leaving only gagging diners, furious waiters and wrecked meals.... -1 Goblin

On the next floor the tribe mills around the feet of Big-Pinko and Blue-Demon-Eater.
"Not eat! Not eat!"
The goblins point at the weak, purple thing.
"Eat! Eat!"

Back in the restaurant a small army of waiters hurriedly cleans up for the next wave. Three tables over, under the shadow of a large, purple haired monstrosity a small clawed hand reaches out and snatches a chunk of dropped mince from the floor.
"Mmmm, meeeaaattsss!"

Edit: oops, corrected response to geomatons.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 30, 2015

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I'm glad this wave is the last into the Chateau, because after that not only are we not welcome, I don't think another wave can top that one. Bravo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
RIP Glen. Team hunger could have been so much.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
TopSeeker Creation

Name: Murray, The Most Interesting Man In The World
Race: He's Seen as a Member of Every Race
Class: He's Whatever Class He Needs to be, Before He Even Needs It
Health: 16
Armor: 12

Skills:
(Entertaining) - He is the life of parties that He has never attended
(Divination) - He once went to a psychic, to warn her
(Athletics) - He once ran a marathon because it was "on the way"

Abilities:
He once brought a knife to a gunfight... just to even the odds
If He were to punch you in the face you would have to fight off a strong urge to thank Him (opponents accuracy and defense are lowered next round)
He disarmed an opponent once, before the fight had even started

Talent: Awe - target is awestruck and bends to His will

Motto: Stay Thirsty My Friends!

AI Action: Be Interesting

Mystery: Interesting, Dos Equis, way, Expertly, Spokesman

Ok, here goes! I really wanted to give him just one skill:

-His one skill is so impressive, it makes everyone else look like an amateur

But I didn't think that would fly

------------------

The Chateau

Breadsticks

He sits at the table awaiting His first course. He is restrained in his chair, but only because He chooses to be. To His fellow topseekers, He tells a story about a swordfight He was once in, while breadsticks are placed on the table in front of Him. He grabs one of them to reenact the final exchange of blows before eating it...

Entertaining His table to prepare for the first course: 5+5+3=13

He is, currently choking on a breadstick

Burger

The crumbs from His breadstick clean themselves up. His gas from the failed appetizer smells like roses to the other patrons. He examines His burger to find the optimal means of eating it.

Divining the secret to eating this burger: 14+5+3=22

"I don't often eat hamburgers, but when I do, I eat them well."

Torte

He starts tosses the plate with His torte in the air. Plate and dessert separate, and He opens His mouth to catch.

[b]Using athletics to top the torte: 7+5+3=15

When Glen explodes, the flying gore avoids Him out of respect. He is, distracted by the mess. He is, trying to wipe torte off of his sleeve.

Hoping this is a success with the wave bonus added in!

Phone posting again. I'll try to dig up the good and bad stuff from these rolls, and then work on my post for the next floor (but might not have any of that until tomorrow).

Phearson fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 30, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

[i]Breadstick Fail: Take no damage now, but if you fail the next meal, take 2d6 damage.

Burger Success: Take no damage from breadsticks.
Heal 2d4 HP OR gain a Belly, which is just your regular belly, full of food, only you don’t digest it till later! It can be consumed at any time as a free action for 1d10 HP

Torte Success(You forgot to add +3 from your wave bonus): It’s space warpingly delicious! Gain 1d8HP OR the next attack directed at you hits an ally instead![i]

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 30, 2015

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

(don't forget the +3 wave bonus, if 15 is a success then that changes the Torte outcome)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Breadstick Fail: Take no damage now, but if you fail the next meal, take 2d6 damage.

Burger Success: Take no damage from breadsticks.
Heal 2d4 HP OR gain a Belly, which is just your regular belly, full of food, only you don’t digest it till later! It can be consumed at any time as a free action for 1d10 HP

Torte Fail: Something of the field sticks to you, reversed. Take -2 to Defense until the next time you are hit, whereupon the curse ends

(You're a rad dude. Also glad to have you back aboard and not exploded, Phearson. I'll retroactively pop your actions in tomorrow - I'll post once the updates are done.

edit: Even better!)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 30, 2015

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
Oh poo poo, thanks for pointing that out!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I fixed my post :v: I missed that he hadn't added the wave bonuses in haha, so he passed the Torte.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

and thanks for reminding me I have a +1 bonus :v:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
((You guys in 8 had better not just eat the geometons >:mad:<))

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Well, duh. Also, Blue-Eater they look like gingerbread men, don't you think?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Chantilly Say posted:

((You guys in 8 had better not just eat the geometons >:mad:<))

I don't see how your wave can have any say in whether or not genocide happens in the geometon floor :colbert:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Pick the Spheruleans, they have pastrymancy. They have plumbed depths beyond their understanding and baked a pie from a forbidden recipe beyond time. The smell will summon He-Who-Hungers to devour them all!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

Eat the Spheruleans, they have pastrymancy. They have plumbed depths beyond their understanding and baked a pie from a forbidden recipe beyond time. The smell will summon He-Who-Hungers to devour them all!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The One-Who-Bakes

Race - Eldritch Pastry-Hunger
Class - Elder Baker
Health - 21+2+1 7 rounds of 1d4 healing remaining http://orokos.com/roll/282202 Torte roll http://orokos.com/roll/282203 1
Armor -15
Accuracy - +3
Skills - Reality Kneading, Eldritch Baking, Cosmic Glutton
Abilities - Horror-derves(Baklavian cultists that accomplish their God's wish), Cakeaclysmic Event(Cakes, happen..... in a dramatic fashion), The Staff of Life(the foundation of modern civilized food, life-nourishing bread)
Talent - "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first bake the universe." (near universal creation, to be compared to those who merely destroy)2 turns left?
Motto - I HUNGER
AI Action - Eat Pastryfolk in wave, bake new seeds of future food, STRIVE TO EAT VALTHAX
Mystery - flaky, Pastur, Baklava, handily, and Chief Chef

THEY BEAR THE CHOSEN MARK. THEY HAVE RISEN. Į̢͎̘̖̣̗̫͌ͨ̀̌ͥͦ̾̒͜ͅ ̗̤̺̞͆ͧ̓̀̌ͥ̅̉C̗̼̼̽̈́̆̔ͪ̈́̅̾ͦ͟O̸̘͙̮͊̌̎̂̏̾͞M̯̣̠͙̩̦͖̔̍̌͛̄͗́E̴̲̥ͯ̓͆ͣ̎̈̎̀ͤ́

(Supports the Spheruleans, and might eat them too)

Without an ally, the high baker of Pastur turned towards the living scourge that ruined so many meals. Hunger was strong within them.

M̡E̛A͢T͝S̨M͜E̛A͏T́SME̡A͟T̸SM҉ÉA͜TS

FOLLOW LITTLE ONES

Marshaling his attendant Horror-Derves, He-Who-Bakes marks the angled one for consumption.
http://orokos.com/roll/282227 6

Grognan fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 30, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

(Well you'll have a hard time going with Indigarch since the Goblins ate their representative!

edit:Nope misread!)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 30, 2015

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
It was obvious that a part of this room was somehow empty...
(Talent Roll: 2)
But with a sound like water molding itself to fill a container...
(Talent Roll 2::siren:4 :siren:)

Name: <Insert Name Here> the Somebody LAST OF THE QUADRILATEROS!
Race: Human Quad
Class: Choose Your Own Adventure Protaganist
Health: 35
Armor: 11 12 (-2 from torte)
Skills: Farming, Finding Mentors, Getting Over Destroyed Home TownsThe Blood Knows
Abilities:
Dumb Luck: Your foe moves to strike you down, but what's this...
A Flash of Potential: Who could have known that you could... Is the LAST OF THE QUADRILATEROS: As the last remaining example of this noble people you claim certain rights. Hopefully the current political situation and the fact that you remember nothing of the Quadrilateros will not be a problem...
Not Getting Over Destroyed Home Towns: You are preparing to flee but suddenly you see red and...
Talent: Written in Pencil: The highlight of any choose your own adventure is seeing your chosen skills and abilities come in handy. Sometimes the book needs a little help with this... A successful use of this talent will rewrite the character sheet with at least one changed skill, one changed ability, one changed mystery, and adding one to a stat.
Motto: For my <Home Town>
AI Action: (take a vote?)
Mystery: humble, Protaganist, apprentice, tentatively BOLD, villager

The gruesome death of your tablemate stuns you. As you move to the next floor you take a closer look at and the restaurant itself fades as you enter a new floor. As soon as you look upon the inhabitants of this new floor you have a shocking revelation! You yourself are an example of the Quadrilateros that the large triangle shaped creature claims to have annihilated. You have little time to reflect on how you must have been taken from your homeland and raised in secret on a farm. The remaining Geomatron tribes cry out for leadership. You quickly volunteer to lead the Indigarchs and swear that the exterminations of the past will never be repeated.
(Ironic Healing Last: 3)

(I think this makes two votes for indigarchs and one for the spheruleans.)

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 5, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Can't write regular fluff atm.

The goblins take one look at the great blue consumer Thing and the spectral smell of promised meats and fall to their knees. Yes! Fear and meats!

The concept of social cohesiveness, loyalty and identity in goblin society is complex and nuanced, filling either several volumes of a social psychology journal or a cheaply printed pamphlet. But the goblin tribe, upon realizing that one of the prey teammates tribes goblins?... things that was eating with them is something they're supposed to eat murder ignore... choose, stop gibbering at the purple thing, and instead point at the quad towering above them (relatively speaking).

habitually, for the love of Blue-Hunger, choose yourself. We'll genocide them all!

Outrail fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 30, 2015

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Name: Velma Stein
Race: Human Class: Med School Dropout
Health: 15+4=19 Armor: 15
Accuracy: +1 Wave Bonus: +2
Skills: Black Satchel, Bedside Manner, Half-Remembered Freud (or was it Jung?), Geomaton Adaptation [Fortify Blood]
Abilities: Syringe, Phlebotomize, Bonesaw
Talent: Experimental Surgery [2/4 turns remaining] Inventory: 2 units each Triangloran and Quadrilateros blood, a Bunch of Fungal Insect Larvae, [B'K'K]x10

"Is it really... you... that little, huh? Hold on, I can freshen it up a bit further." Velma sat down on the floor next to her bag of Triangloran fluid. "Don't worry, this will be quick. And mostly painless, too!" The Quadrilateros fluid got mixed in, along with a few drops of ginseng extract, a splash of tonic water, and an effervescent tablet. She rolled up one sleeve, thrust her arm deep into the bag, and began to concentrate. Veins all over her body throbbed colorfully for a few seconds as the liquid inside the sack began to roil. "Phew, that oughtta do it! Now let's seal the deal, haha," and she shook the Bargainer's hand before even drying her own. The Geomaton blood continued to churn by itself.

Restoring some vitality to her blood collection with her Geomaton Adaptation (Fortify Blood): 1d20+5+2=24

Final Deal posted:

Selling: both bloods (now fortified): 15(+fortified?)
Buying: Grub Growth Gel, Pheromone Worm, Hubris Engine (25 altogether)

If the fortified blood is worth more than 25, buying more GGG with the surplus.
If worth less than 25, then spending up to 5 [B'K'K], then 5 hp to make up the deficit

"There, just what the doctor ordered, haha." Velma fed a dose of Grub Growth Gel to each of her children before making for the portal.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
(With the Indigarch leader dead and only one Quad remaining I thought I would usurp that position. Genocide can be plan b if we fail to make the purples into the "royal stewards of the Quadrilateros' Legacy". Our demands for reparations will be enormous perfectly reasonable.)

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
Glen's Ghost
Floating... what an odd sensation. Gluttons fear water, since none of them know how to swim (after all, how can one wait 30 minutes to go in after eating if they are always eating), and as such Glen has never felt anything like this. Too bad he can't really muster up the awe and enchantment a new experience like this would normally provide. Seeing a small crowd of entities before him (and a crowd of small entities before that small crowd), he is vaguely reminded of the fact that he was recently a part of their group. The blue creature in particular elicits a brief feeling of companionship, and the spirit (he can't even remember his name now, what was it?) feels compelled to help it in some way. He is also drawn to the crowd of ugly loud things for some reason, and thinks he can grant them a small boon as well.

Giving two haunts to The One-Who-Bakes to do with as he pleases, and one haunt to the goblin swarm since Glen feels a connection to them. Too bad he doesn't realize that connection is drawn from the fact that they recently ate his flesh and then copulated in his blood.

Having spent what little energy it had, the ghost fades from this realm, never to return.

------------------

Burger Healing: 2d4 5

Name: Murray, The Most Interesting Man In The World
Race: He's Seen as a Member of Every Race
Class: He's Whatever Class He Needs to be, Before He Even Needs It
Health: 16+5=21
Armor: 12

Skills:
(Entertaining) - He is the life of parties that He has never attended
(Divination) - He once went to a psychic, to warn her
(Athletics) - He once ran a marathon because it was "on the way"

Abilities:
He once brought a knife to a gunfight... just to even the odds
If He were to punch you in the face you would have to fight off a strong urge to thank Him (opponents accuracy and defense are lowered next round)
He disarmed an opponent once, before the fight had even started
Chateau Torte Success: the next attack directed at you hits an ally instead!

Talent: I don't always... - Murray recalls another time he was particularity interesting, and applies it to his current situation

Motto: Stay Thirsty My Friends!

AI Action: Be Interesting

Mystery: Interesting, Dos Equis, way, Expertly, Spokesman

------------------

He hears a noise by His feet, and looks down to see some tiny colorful people shouting for His attention. Of course, He is used to people vying for His attention and goodwill, so this does not surprise Him. Hearing their pleas, He understands that they live in constant strife, and knows that He must be in top form (but really, when is He not?) if He is to help them.

Healing: 1d20+3 17

Feeling even better than He already did, He turns His attention to the task at hand. He recognizes a lust for war in the hearts and words of two of these peoples, and an appreciation for some of the finer pursuits in life within the third.

"I don't always choose sides, but when I do, I choose the Indigarchs"

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

habituallyred posted:

(With the Indigarch leader dead and only one Quad remaining I thought I would usurp that position. Genocide can be plan b if we fail to make the purples into the "royal stewards of the Quadrilateros' Legacy". Our demands for reparations will be enormous perfectly reasonable.)

(Yeah, apparently the Indigarch leader isn't dead - I just have poor reading comprehension! The Goblins just swarmed around her saying 'Eat! Eat!' but didn't actually, like, eat her. They were just being affectionate! Either way, if I'm reading this correctly, Indigarch seems to be in the lead!)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Uh yeah, my bad. The gobs were trying to convince Blue-Eater to consume the indiarch instead of them. Then they changed their minds to the quad.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
(My mistake. My first choice is still the Indigarchs.)

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Hey guys! I swear rum isn't dead, things just be crazy!

Rum will take a turn tomorrow, sorry for the delays dogkisser!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

FoxTerrier posted:

Hey guys! I swear rum isn't dead, things just be crazy!

Rum will take a turn tomorrow, sorry for the delays dogkisser!

(no problem, my good rum - you're in no immediate danger, you're fine to coast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Name: Whatever
Health: 31 – 33% ~ 20
Class: Neuromancer
Talent: Logic Bomb
Skill/Ability: Neuromancy, Fishion Advice, Telepathic Communication

Deep inside the fog of the gestalt-entity of the lifeshaper floor, the Neuromancer was running through an internal checklist.

It had been harmed, grievously, and it's options where running out. The other consciousnesses where busy guiding the Kritenou to the next stage of their evolution and it was only through sheer mental effort that the Neuromancer had any time to devote to something outside of this task itself.

Fact: The Skein is thin, the beacons are within sight.
Prediction: The Lifeshaper floor will end and deposit us on another floor within a few kritenou-lifecycles.

Empirical Evidence: The Lifeshaper floor, whilst draining and confusing does not seem harmful.
Observed Pattern: Uneven floors are dangerous. Even floors are not.
Suspected Malus: Every tenth floor holds unprecedented danger.
Prediction: We will soon be in great danger.

Fact: We have suffered the loss of our 'Integral Concept'.
Fact: The loss has damaged our cognitive functions, reduced health and blocked our ability to perform even the basics of 'emomancy'.
Theory: The high probability, based on event-effect observation, that the loss of ability is based on the loss of essence necessitates rescue or replacement if we are to continue our time in the 'Tower' as per our initial motivations.

Logic Bomb: 1d4 = 2
Logic Bomb: 1d4 = 2
Logic Bomb: 1d4 = 1

Observed Pattern: The loss of our 'Integral Concept' has damaged our ability to rewrite reality.
Fact: We are in dire-straits.

• Locked thread