Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I love every single thing about this series.

That triple-take jump out of the window :stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Takeo is basically the protagonist from an action movie transported into a romcom and it's the best thing. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The world of Ore Monogatari! is full of corrupt businesses that don't obey safety codes.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

suna is a good guy

http://a.pomf.se/gijloo.webm

also enable webm embedding lowtax! not everyone has salr

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 29, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

And they even layered a high-pitch version of his voice to go along with it. :allears:

Everything was wonderful this episode. I feel like BBB and this are going back and forth for my favorite show of the season with every new episode.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
The fire escape scene was every bit as awesome as I knew it was going to be :smug:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

suna is a good guy

http://a.pomf.se/gijloo.webm

also enable webm embedding lowtax! not everyone has salr

indeed he is

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

korrandark posted:

indeed he is

So far, that's basically this series in a nutshell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm about to start the latest 'sode and I cracked open a fresh pint of ice cream for the occasion.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Holy poo poo, this is the best anime.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

serebralassazin posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the best anime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black shredded Takeo is my BF.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This adaptation is everything I wanted and more, thank you anime gods.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

Takeo's voice actor is really good

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

yep, it's beautiful

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

When people's faces start appearing in the sky you know you're in for some real good anime.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

korrandark posted:

indeed he is

I just noticed that two of Takeo's friends are hugging in the background, that's awesome.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Takeo is really cool

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Takeo was on fire this episode.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
All I want is Takeo being in increasingly dangerous situations and using the power of love and inhuman strength to get out of them.

Takeo's the best. Can we please get a scene of him hanging around in Yamato's house or kitchen while she bakes stuff?

Edit: Also, every other guy idolizing Takeo will never get old.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 30, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Takeo has a bunch of fanboys for a reason. He is totally cool.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I am glad that Takeo's (possibly nameless) friends got some attention from the girls, even though Suna was still there.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Takeo has a bunch of fanboys for a reason. He is totally cool.

yeah he's cool and really into baking and probably shuns jaywalkers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I honestly don't remember the meet up going that well for the other guys in the manga, did they change that or am I just miss remembering?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

I am glad that Takeo's (possibly nameless) friends got some attention from the girls, even though Suna was still there.

Yeah, I was worried that they'd be completely blown off. I'm fine with it being clear that Suna is the girls' first choice, but I'm glad they also noticed the other guys and talked with them. Maybe a few of them will pair up and we'll see them later, we have a strong trio now but we could use more supporting or even minor characters with actual names.

Also, I finally caught episode 1 (I've been all over the map on this series, in terms of watching order) and I love that Takeo has a fancy monogrammed hand towel that he doesn't use at all when he soaks his head, but gives to Yamato to keep right away. Oh, and I almost stopped watching halfway through episode 3 when it seemed like they wouldn't notice each other's feelings for forever, so glad they got that out of the way early.

The series should end with a timeskip forward to Takeo and Yamato married with a kid and Takeo working in an office while Suna is a firefighter. I need to see giant grown-up Takeo going out on sales calls and attending meetings.

Okay, now I'm watching episode 3 again and I really need to see Takeo emerging from under the cot mixed with the "something badass is happening" short musical stinger from Evangelion. It's basically the decisive battle riff but slower, I'm sure it was in an episode or two. Here's a link to decisive battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K05gPSrsE-c. If someone can track down the bit of music I'm thinking of it would soothe my wild imagination, I can always just play the two simultaneously and get the experience I desire.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Apr 30, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly don't remember the meet up going that well for the other guys in the manga, did they change that or am I just miss remembering?

It was basically exactly the same. The only thing they added was add more trashtalk when the girls came out of the toilet.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
🔥🔥🔥 Takeo 🔥🔥🔥

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

🔥🔥🔥 Takeo 🔥🔥🔥

💯

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, I was worried that they'd be completely blown off. I'm fine with it being clear that Suna is the girls' first choice, but I'm glad they also noticed the other guys and talked with them. Maybe a few of them will pair up and we'll see them later, we have a strong trio now but we could use more supporting or even minor characters with actual names.

Also, I finally caught episode 1 (I've been all over the map on this series, in terms of watching order) and I love that Takeo has a fancy monogrammed hand towel that he doesn't use at all when he soaks his head, but gives to Yamato to keep right away. Oh, and I almost stopped watching halfway through episode 3 when it seemed like they wouldn't notice each other's feelings for forever, so glad they got that out of the way early.

The series should end with a timeskip forward to Takeo and Yamato married with a kid and Takeo working in an office while Suna is a firefighter. I need to see giant grown-up Takeo going out on sales calls and attending meetings.

Okay, now I'm watching episode 3 again and I really need to see Takeo emerging from under the cot mixed with the "something badass is happening" short musical stinger from Evangelion. It's basically the decisive battle riff but slower, I'm sure it was in an episode or two. Here's a link to decisive battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K05gPSrsE-c. If someone can track down the bit of music I'm thinking of it would soothe my wild imagination, I can always just play the two simultaneously and get the experience I desire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7PdheiAT-Y

Works well.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the first thing I thought of when Takeo was psyching himself up to get out from under the rubble was an EVA unit going into berserk mode. :v:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 30, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

yes

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

.jpg is a treasure. :allears:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yes, this is exactly it! Thanks! It works even better than I had imagined :swoon:.

Also, that image needs Takeo standing there with his clothes burned off and butt showing at the end.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 30, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
This is a good show

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I didn't think I would like this show but it's actually great, I am now one of Takeo's fanboys.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Takeo literally just becomes black. His hair even looks curly. It's perfect.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Finally watched the latest episode. The best yet.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

Finally watched the latest episode. The best yet.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The action scenes are so lively that I don't really mind if they don't bother animating stuff like the mother walking away... They also got the cutaways of Takeo's reactions to Yamato down perfectly.

Just the best thing after a trying week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Takeo, you could probably put her down now.

Also, i can't stop giggling at that face.

• Locked thread