Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Waroduce posted:

Pop a molly

im sweatin

Hope he doesn't piss hot, someone post the welker pics

He better cross his fingers the MDMA eats Tau protein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Now, that's an interesting gambit. La'el Collins's representatives are now claiming that if he isn't selected tonight, he'll just remove himself from the draft and wait until next year's.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kalli posted:

Now, that's an interesting gambit. La'el Collins's representatives are now claiming that if he isn't selected tonight, he'll just remove himself from the draft and wait until next year's.
If he's actually innocent and believes he can get cleared then its probably the right move

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Yeah gently caress busting your rear end for a free agent's salary when you're a first round pick.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JT Jag posted:

If he's actually innocent and believes he can get cleared then its probably the right move

Eh, he'll have big questions from missing a year, and even if he goes, say, top of the 2nd round next year you're looking at a ~3m difference on a 4 year contract vs a late rounder while costing him hitting free agency before 2020.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

do it webster.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
He could go to Canada and be a league MVP for a year just to stay in shape

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raku posted:

He could go to Canada and be a league MVP for a year just to stay in shape

Well, hopefully he gets cleared fast or that might have certain other issues. :v:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What's the quickest path to unrestricted free agency? Go undrafted, pick your team, and then hit FA in 4 years? It's a gamble obviously.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Take a part time job as a draft expert and write nothing but pieces about how great he is

prospects rise and fall on more transparent reasons than that

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Nah there are enough short latin people there for it to not be a klan rally

The demographic shift in America is having surprising results

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Can you remove yourself from the draft? I know that you can not sign and re-enter like Bo Jackson did but I didn't know you could say "I am not longer eligible to be drafted". Or does he just mean he won't sign if he is a day 3 draftee?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Can you remove yourself from the draft? I know that you can not sign and re-enter like Bo Jackson did but I didn't know you could say "I am not longer eligible to be drafted". Or does he just mean he won't sign if he is a day 3 draftee?
I'm pretty sure that's what he means, yes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Colts released Josh Cribbs, who up until this moment I was unaware was still in the league

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Benne posted:

Colts released Josh Cribbs, who up until this moment I was unaware was still in the league

He was average as a returner last season, which makes him the best Colts returner in 20 years.

The Dorsett pick made him redundant though.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Couldn't a team theoretically take him as a priority UDFA then instantly renegotiate his contract to match what he would have gotten? This is such a strange drat story.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

zimbomonkey posted:

Couldn't a team theoretically take him as a priority UDFA then instantly renegotiate his contract to match what he would have gotten? This is such a strange drat story.

Yeah they could but clearly his camp isn't expecting that.

It's a smart move, there's no reason for a guy like him to sign a late round contract if he's innocent.

The problem is some team will spend a sixth or seventh round pick on him hoping to get a steal, and after that he has no market. This leaking out that he won't sign is them trying to avoid that situation.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 1, 2015

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Benne posted:

Josh :smith:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

JT Jag posted:

Like being innocent has anything to do with it. He's a moron for voluntarily cooperating.

He was good in that episode of 'The League' I thought.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Succop gave up his number 8 without an arm wrestling competition happening

Booooooo

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So nothing hilarious happened in the draft? Chip never offered 3 picks and 3 players? Where did all that bullshit come from, then? Do sports reporters just make poo poo up to get retweets?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

haljordan posted:

He was good

Our Special Teams haven't been the same since he left.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

blue squares posted:

So nothing hilarious happened in the draft? Chip never offered 3 picks and 3 players? Where did all that bullshit come from, then? Do sports reporters just make poo poo up to get retweets?

Apparently Chip tried but the Titans said nope

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

Our Special Teams haven't been the same since he left.

Send him to Seattle if we don't draft a returner. Anything is better than watching Brian Walters do anything.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Benne posted:

So was he.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

they stole the Ravens' playbook in 2000 also but the Ravens just beat the poo poo out them

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

blue squares posted:

I have to imagine he was betting on scoring some ridiculous draft night coup because otherwise why the gently caress would he go into a season with Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez at QB?

Enjoy your last year in the NFL, Chip!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did Jeff Fisher really draft an injured running back in the top 10 in 2015?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah they could but clearly his camp isn't expecting that.

It's a smart move, there's no reason for a guy like him to sign a late round contract if he's innocent.

The problem is some team will spend a sixth or seventh round pick on him hoping to get a steal, and after that he has no market. This leaking out that he won't sign is them trying to avoid that situation.

That's a good point actually a team could take him with a late seventh just to deny any other team that opportunity and hope they can convince him to play. It's not a terrible idea.

NC-17 posted:

Yep

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

He's going to be a monster.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Great pick. This dude may kick rear end.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Fan edit of the piece of poo poo 49ers alternates

Still lovely but 1000x better with just a subtle change

loving gross. Just when I thought they might be running out of ways to gently caress things up this offseason...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

Send him to Seattle if we don't draft a returner. Anything is better than watching Brian Walters do anything.

Walters is a Jag

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

He's going to be a monster.

I agree. After Jeff Fisher finishes ruining his own team, he's coming for the rest of the NFL

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
Webster said the plan going in was to get a QB, WR and OT. Now the focus turns to RB, edge rusher #Titans

i found tomorrows plan. hopefully the edge rusher is trail

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

Walters is a Jag

Poor Jags

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

He'll probably get cut in training camp

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I filmed a movie today at the Georgia Dome.

Of course I decided to try to make a gif for tff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

I filmed a movie today at the Georgia Dome.

Of course I decided to try to make a gif for tff.

I hope you took a leak on that field.

• Locked thread