Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My friends were super excited to see this poo poo and all saw it the day it came out and none of them has said anything about it which leads me to believe it was mediocre at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

My friends were super excited to see this poo poo and all saw it the day it came out and none of them has said anything about it which leads me to believe it was mediocre at best.

Serious talk: The pacing was bad awful. Love story shoe horned in, TWICE.

Good bits, people in tight clothing beating each other up. Hulk Buster armor was cool. Ultron was a cool villain.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hawkeye is secretly a farmer.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is it actually physically possible to watch any of these mrvel movies twice? i see em in the netflix menu but no matter what i can't press the button. it just can't be done

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Moridin920 posted:

lol how loving stupid do you have to be to get "super excited" about this awful garbage.

Gee, let's take a dozen super hero stories, most of which barely make any sense in their own singular world where they are the only hero, and SMASH THEM ALL TOGETHER!

I can't watch this poo poo. It's literally just two 6 year olds trying to one up each other "So then Batman and Superman and Hulk come in and beat up Hawkfucker, Auqaman, and Flash!"

"Nu UH Nuh UH! Cuz then Sumel L jackson and a TEAM OF NINJAS comes in with Dr. Doom and a tornado and they win!"

Like I get it, you suspend disbelief for movies, but this garbage takes your suspended disbelief out back behind a shed and rapes it

I honestly don't get how people like this convoluted garbage. Plenty of good action movies that aren't incomprehensible gibberish out there.

love my preemies!
Sep 26, 2004

Android Bicyclist posted:

Hawkeye is secretly a farmer.

The post credit scene in infinity war part 1

*hawkeye on his farm. He stacks a bail of hay in a truck, turns around to see THANOS*

Thanos: crops looking pretty good this year... *spits tobaccy*

Hawkeye: yup...

Thanos: ...you hear Stark built himself a tractor that can go Mach 2?

Hawkeye: is that right?

Thanos: yup... welp, reckon I better milk that durn cow...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/EAcTwed.gif:nws:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Toad Tunnel posted:

*hawkeye on his farm. He stacks a bail of hay in a truck, turns around to see THANOS*

Spoilers dude!

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

lol

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
That 4 second gif has more artistic merit then the entirety of Marvel's "intellectual" property

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Marvel Studios has successfully brought back the concept of the movie serial. Just think of each movie as an episode of the Great Marvel Show.

Also:

Pretty much what Black Widow wanted.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 2, 2015

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Serious post: Almost all of the big-budget animated kids movies blow away anything Marvel or DC has vomited forth onto the silver screen.

Seriously, these movies are bad. So loving bad.

come one come all check out the amazing retarded poster

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Nefarious posted:

come one come all check out the amazing retarded poster

hes right and the retard is you, haha

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Brendan Rodgers posted:

actually im gay

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Brendan Rodgers posted:

liverpool sucks m8

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yep

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

quakster posted:

is it actually physically possible to watch any of these mrvel movies twice? i see em in the netflix menu but no matter what i can't press the button. it just can't be done

I rewatched an iron man the other day and it was alright, but its just the same way you watch some bullshit to turn your brain off for a bit

that dude has a real big dick

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Android Bicyclist posted:

This movie perpetuates the idea that quiet dorks like Dr. Banner can be attractive to hot women. Black Widow is the Manic Pixie Dream Girl to the Hulk.

Also she spends the end of the movie staring at a wall when Banner leaves the team because she realizes she'll never get a chance to enjoy Hulk dick.

Joss Whedon can't write Strong Female Characters.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Dead Gay Romans posted:

lol how loving stupid do you have to be to get "super excited" about this awful garbage.

Gee, let's take a dozen super hero stories, most of which barely make any sense in their own singular world where they are the only hero, and SMASH THEM ALL TOGETHER!

I can't watch this poo poo. It's literally just two 6 year olds trying to one up each other "So then Batman and Superman and Hulk come in and beat up Hawkfucker, Auqaman, and Flash!"

"Nu UH Nuh UH! Cuz then Sumel L jackson and a TEAM OF NINJAS comes in with Dr. Doom and a tornado and they win!"

Like I get it, you suspend disbelief for movies, but this garbage takes your suspended disbelief out back behind a shed and rapes it

I honestly don't get how people like this convoluted garbage. Plenty of good action movies that aren't incomprehensible gibberish out there.

It's great because comic movies have now adopted all the problems of long-running comic series

only they can't throw in (*check out Avengers issue #103!) footnotes so they have to spend half the film reminding the audience of barely relevant subplots. add on the requisite fanservice and you've got maybe 20 mins of poo poo actually happening.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Hulk turns into an unstoppable monster who destroys cities when he gets mad, and Black Widow is sterile.

They're both monsters, you see.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

did quiksilver actually die???????

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Bape Culture posted:

Yeah he dies like a bitch from regular bullets.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Bape Culture posted:

he;ll probably come back as like an evil cyborg or something i guess

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

It's a comic book. How many actual deaths have there ever been? I think Prof X has died like (i) times.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
pretty sure hes dead

got shot then they dump his corpse next to hawkeye

wish they killed hawkeye instead

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

the quicksilver from the latest xmen was waaaay better

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Toad Tunnel posted:

That's pretty much canon.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a pipe smoking dog posted:

goons always claim to hate popular things like publicly beating off to moving images of chris hemsworth

Goons are the ultimate hipsters

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

VendaGoat posted:

It's a comic book. How many actual deaths have there ever been? I think Prof X has died like (i) times.

Comic book dead people coming back plotlines are always the worst, because it destroys all narrative tension retroactively. At least make them zombies or something different from their most marketable form when they come back.

That's probably the one dumb nerd cliche Game of Thrones gets right.

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 2, 2015

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Ephemeron posted:

That's pretty much canon.
now this i like

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Moola posted:

pretty sure hes dead

During that scene I was crossing my fingers for the dust to settle and reveal that Quicksilver just took the child to safety and left Hawkeye to get swiss-cheesed

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
hes such a bad character

not even his 'powers'

his character is terrible, I dont think I like Jeremy Renner

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ChickenHeart posted:

During that scene I was crossing my fingers for the dust to settle and reveal that Quicksilver just took the child to safety and left Hawkeye to get swiss-cheesed

lmao

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

The plot for this series is worse than an average dbz arc.

gently caress comics goku 4 eva

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
for all the complaining about SJWs they haven't managed to get any gay characters into avenga or mroe than 1 woman in catsuit

so really the power is still with you and it sadden

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Dead Gay Romans posted:

who

fuckin

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

for all the complaining about SJWs they haven't managed to get any gay characters into avenga or mroe than 1 woman in catsuit

so really the power is still with you and it sadden

It's gonna be like, at least two more Avengers movies before we get to see Hercules plow Amadeus Cho on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Moola posted:

pretty sure hes dead

i'm way too use to how t.v. shows setup character deaths. The way Hawkeye was going was exactly what i've come to expect from a t.v. drama, so I expected him to die.

• Locked thread