Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Boneless ribeye, with a tomato salad and jalapeño cheddar bread. Owned.

VVVVVVVVVVV - thanks franco, I was phoneposting after a little too much merlot with the steak :)

The Midniter fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franco
Jan 3, 2003

The Midniter posted:

Boneless ribeye, with a tomato salad and jalapeño cheddar bread. Owned.

ftfy :glomp:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Kind of through some random stuff on the panini press and it came out pretty great. Avocado, Cabot hot habanero cheese, sliced honey roasted almonds, red pepper & artichoke tapenade all on rye bread. The outside had a nice crunch and the insides were all creamy.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Almost same thing from earlier but with veggies instead of avocado and almonds. Cabbage and green beans, Cabot hot habanero cheese, chipotle pepper sauce, red pepper & artichoke tapenade all on rye bread. My sphincter is ready. This cheese owns

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

4 pounds of pork adobo

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
I was so very wrong when I thought my sphincter was ready yesterday

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Ayem posted:

Made paneer for the first time tonight. Went with a simple butter paneer with spinach. Very tasty!

I'd be all over that, especially with the colour you've got going there. If that's a first try then drat.

I was having a bit of desire for something vaguely Mediterranean, so...

Seared tuna, jersey royal, roasted pepper puree, pan-roasted tomato, black olive, parsley, and caper to dress.

Wish I took a bit more time for the plating, but hunger was getting the better of me.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Last night we made peanut butter cookies with bittersweet chocolate.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

PiratePing posted:

Puda:

I usually make them with grated ginger, scallions, turmeric plus whatever catches my eye. Bolded part because seriously, a LOT of oil.

Thanks for linking Dino's puda recipe, i gave it a try!
also with turmeric, scalions, ginger (and some chili powder, salt and LOTS of oil)

made mine too thick, which made folding no longer an option, so I will thin it down a bit more next time.
but it was delicious!

ate it with truffel(oil)-hummus, and roasted eggplant/red onions/red pepper and sun dried tomatoes on top

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
^fuckin YEAH that's a'pizza

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Sous-vide duck breast, mashed roasted acorn squash. Port pan sauce, dusted with szechuan peppercorns, lavender, and coriander.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Went to Belgium (Antwerp), had some fries...with mayo

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I like fries with mayo, I really do, but the proportion there just seems way off. Way too much mayo. And I love mayo!

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
yeah, I know...my partner asked me why I was eating "around the mayo" :-/
so I pointed out the fact that the fries I ate HAD (a lot of) mayo, I just wasn't willing to eat the ones that couldn't be recognized as fries anymore.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
That photo is a two person serving right? Cause otherwise that's a great big sausage and a whole lot of potato with mayo.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Mr. Wiggles posted:

That photo is a two person serving right? Cause otherwise that's a great big sausage and a whole lot of potato with mayo.

It doesn't look that big? I'm tiny and could eat that for a meal. My husband is pretty skinny and would eat at least 2 of those.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I dunno, the sausage looks like the size of my forearm. Look at the fork stuck in it! And the fries look as big around as my thumbs. Then there's the pint of mayonnaise on top.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I dunno, the sausage looks like the size of my forearm. Look at the fork stuck in it! And the fries look as big around as my thumbs. Then there's the pint of mayonnaise on top.

Yeah I'm going to clarify and say that my above statements are assuming we scrape off all the mayo. :gonk:

I'm looking at the fork and I just don't see it. Those fries look smaller than my pinkie to me. Maybe you guys just have ginormous plastic forks? :D

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mr wiggles has the tiniest forearms

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Sous-vide duck breast, mashed roasted acorn squash. Port pan sauce, dusted with szechuan peppercorns, lavender, and coriander.

Without rendering the fat on the top of the duck breast, how did this go? Or did you render it then put the drippings and it in the sous vide?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Midniter posted:

I like fries with mayo, I really do, but the proportion there just seems way off. Way too much mayo. And I love mayo!
Also it shouldn't be dumped on top of the chips like that. Now there are some chips that are completely covered, and no one wants that.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

That would make it the biggest plastic fork I've ever seen. And unusually large chips, too.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Mr. Wiggles posted:

The sausage was a "sitostick": cubes of turkeymeat and onion, in a batter, fried.
It wasn't that big, and the fries were a normal size (the portion was a "small" one, but I'd say it was regular size for one person)

Didn't finish the fries, not because the amount was too much, but because my stomach can only handle so much fried food and sauce.

anyway, the saddest thing was that I went to Belgium but somehow didn't eat shrimp croquettes
I did have a great horse steak, though!
and beer, lots of beer...

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Breakfast and dinner:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

What's the white stuff on the bottom-left

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Probably cottage cheese.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Potato salad, actually. Takes a bit of bite away from the habanero sausages.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hob_Gadling posted:

Potato salad, actually. Takes a bit of bite away from the habanero sausages.

Why would you want to do that? That's the best part!

(Also that looks like an awesome breakfast)

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Picadillo and rice with tostones.

No sazón, so I used Kashmiri chili power, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, ground ginger and a little sugar and salt.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Google Auto Awesome made me some hypnotic ham sammiches.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
Made this croquembouche for a wedding, was a fun project! I want to make more of these now.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Oyster Po' Boys

But really I came here to share the best remoulade sauce I have ever had...I think its the capers that does the trick. I feel terrible that I treated a wonderful sandwich, as nothing more than a delivery device for remoulade .

1 1/4 cups mayonnaise (use Duke's)
1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
1 clove garlic clove, smashed
1 tablespoon pickle juice
1 tablespoon capers
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)

Toss in a food processor and wow.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

mich posted:

Made this croquembouche for a wedding, was a fun project! I want to make more of these now.

You are so cool.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

mich posted:

:pusheen:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

mich posted:

Yikes, that is almost perfect.

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.

Sometimes simple is best :)

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Hob_Gadling posted:

Breakfast [snip]:

Would.

Hob_Gadling posted:

Potato salad, actually.

It tried to turn summery here for half a day and I got the craving. Baby spuds/shallots/capers/cornichons/mayo/EVOOOOOO/white wine vinegar/parsley. Picture taken overlooking the downstairs flat of the ex-neighbour chef who would never give me the recipe for his one that is the best I've ever tasted. I got most of the way there. I'd pretend I ate it as a side to other things, but, in reality, I just shoved it in my mouth by itself :ohdear:

Hey, extra vegetables from other things, what are we gonna do with you? the answer is always soup

Not the most photogenic thing in the world: (mostly) turnip, carrot, celery, parsnip, onion, garlic, seasoning:

Stock it:

Blend and double/heavy cream it:

Sit back and marvel at how it's almost impossible to gently caress up soup - even with the much-hated turnip.

mich posted:

Jesus :vince:

Am tempted to try one, if only to see how hilariously awful it would turn out. You gots the skills, my friend :worship:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Been working my way through Fuchsia Dunlop's book

Braised fish in chili and fermented bean sauce

Ma La Chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

VelociBacon posted:

Without rendering the fat on the top of the duck breast, how did this go? Or did you render it then put the drippings and it in the sous vide?

Sous-vide first, then put it fat side down in a medium pan and let it render out as much as you want. Usually with stuff you sous-vide you want to hit it with as much heat as possible to sear/crisp the surface quickly without overcooking the meat underneath, but the fat on duck is so thick it insulates the breast meat. So you can get away with a lower heat until the fat's rendered out. It was great.

• Locked thread