Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A Man and his dog posted:

Titans should have taken the Eagles offer and rolled with Mett....

Sorry, I have to poo poo on your optimism. Bad teams stick together.

to see where my optimism level is please go see my draft analysis on mariota in the draft grades thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I'm watching Draft Day lol this movie is corny as hell.

e: ahahaha the fans cheered Goodell at the start of the draft

Alfred P. Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 4, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Mett owns what else is there to say

I hope they trade him, he's to pure a stallion to be stuck behind whatever Mariota manages to pick-up in the next 3 months.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Apparently Anthony Fasano donated some bocce ball courts in the park by my apt.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I knew Fasano was getting old but I didn't think it was that bad.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
bocce is rad gently caress the haters

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm watching Draft Day lol this movie is corny as hell.

e: ahahaha the fans cheered Goodell at the start of the draft

I watched it last night, it's really loving bad and feels cheap, like a direct-to-video or tv movie. Probably should be airing on SyFy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

warcrimes posted:

I watched it last night, it's really loving bad and feels cheap, like a direct-to-video or tv movie. Probably should be airing on SyFy.

To be fair Sharknado is more grounded in reality than Draft Day.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Kirk Cousins. At least RG3 has the confidence to play after a bad pass. Cousins did this weird thing where he looked like a puppy that got caught wetting himself whenever he threw an interception. The kid's flaws are teachable but if he can't maintain poise and confidence in the face of adversity then he has no business being on the field.

*lights a thick cigar*
Poise.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Magicpants posted:

bocce is rad gently caress the haters

Bocce really owns if you play it in your backyard and don't give a gently caress about using a flat surface. Also it's rad to play drunk but that kinda goes without saying

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raider OT/OG/false starter Khalif Barnes is on his 7th one year contract with the Raiders

Every year when free agency rolls around and I'm like "well we're absolutely not keeping him this year" I'm dead wrong because this guy just won't go away. I mean, after year 5 or 6 do the Raiders leave his agent a voice-mail like "you know the drill, see you in training camp"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Manoueverable posted:

Bocce really owns if you play it in your backyard and don't give a gently caress about using a flat surface. Also it's rad to play drunk but that kinda goes without saying

bocce on a flat surface? :stonk:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
News: Houston's 3rd round pick, Jaelen Strong, has picked his jersey number.

Views: :black101:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

giving a lecture on proper portion size I see

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spoeank posted:

To be fair Sharknado is more grounded in reality than Draft Day.

I had the numbers run and my people tell that this checks out.

hail hydra

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Raiders cut James Jones

That 14 touchdowns in '13 might be the weirdest statistical outlier in recent memory, even accounting for Aaron Rodgers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

"The rear end he ran into was this big!"

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Benne posted:

Raiders cut James Jones

That 14 touchdowns in '13 might be the weirdest statistical outlier in recent memory, even accounting for Aaron Rodgers

@VicTafur
No dead money on Jones' release. Salary-cap savings of $3.4 mil

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
That is :stare:

It's not like the Raiders were hurting on the cap issue, were they?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Abugadu posted:

Only if you're talking about the cap floor.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Abugadu posted:

It makes sense. It's going to be Amari Cooper, Crabtree and Rod Streater. Streater isn't really known outside of Oakland but had a 66/888/4 season with McGloin and Pryor throwing him the ball in '13. He caught Carr's first TD then broke his foot last year.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Benne posted:

Raiders cut James Jones

Greg Jennings v2 :(

I hope he latches on somewhere and regains any of his prior form.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

warcrimes posted:

It makes sense. It's going to be Amari Cooper, Crabtree and Rod Streater. Streater isn't really known outside of Oakland but had a 66/888/4 season with McGloin and Pryor throwing him the ball in '13. He caught Carr's first TD then broke his foot last year.

The AFC West is going to be brutal in the next 2-3 years.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Benne posted:

Raiders cut James Jones

It's no '13 Jerricho Cotchery.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

I wish I could write a thesis on buttfumbles.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

warcrimes posted:

gently caress depth. 3 WRs should be good for the season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shrimpy posted:

Greg Jennings v2 :(

I hope he latches on somewhere and regains any of his prior form.

yes me too.

I've been wanting James Jones for like six years.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm being put into a cryogenic freeze until the season begins.

I love you all.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Bocce ball is best played on the beach...

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Benne posted:

Raiders cut James Jones

What the gently caress

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Raku posted:

giving a lecture on proper portion size I see

Chichevache posted:

i love you, tff

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

*lights a thick cigar*
Poise.

Never change, man. Real talk.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

warcrimes posted:

Jones should be ahead of Crabtree on the depth chart, though. So should Andre Holmes for that matter. Crabtree should almost never see the field unless someone gets hurt.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MrLogan posted:

Jones should be ahead of Crabtree on the depth chart, though. So should Andre Holmes for that matter. Crabtree should almost never see the field unless someone gets hurt.

The Raiders didn't sign didn't sign Crabtree to a deal worth 3.2 million guaranteed with 2 million in incentives to be a backup.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

The Raiders didn't sign didn't sign Crabtree to a deal worth 3.2 million guaranteed with 2 million in incentives to be a backup.

If they were smart they would have. But we just learned that they didn't draft Cooper to compliment their receiving corps, but to replace James Jones and leave them with poo poo depth.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He may have demanded his release or some such.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

One time in a Top 10 (position) thread I put James Jones as #9 or something. A second person defended it half-heartedly. I apologize

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Post-draft scouting department purge commences. Macc cleaning out the remaining holdovers from previous regimes.

@BrianCoz
The Jets have fired director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett, according to sources. Prophett spent 14 years with the team.
The Jets also fired scouts Rick Courtright, David Hinson, Cole Hufnagel, Chris Prescott and Seth Turner.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chromatic posted:

The AFC West is going to be brutal in the next 2-3 years.

Once Manning and Rivers retire, it's going to be Derek Carr's division and I'm terrified

• Locked thread