Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

SA2K posted:

Once Manning and Rivers retire, it's going to be Derek Carr's division and I'm terrified

Let's just hope one of us lucks into a good prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

Let's just hope one of us lucks into a good prospect.

You've already got Aaron Murray on the roster, though.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Good night sweet prince.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Post-draft scouting department purge commences. Macc cleaning out the remaining holdovers from previous regimes.

@BrianCoz
The Jets have fired director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett, according to sources. Prophett spent 14 years with the team.
The Jets also fired scouts Rick Courtright, David Hinson, Cole Hufnagel, Chris Prescott and Seth Turner.

Pretty much every single thing that I wanted Idzik to do as a sign that he knew what the gently caress he was doing, Mac is doing. That doesn't mean they will win but at least it inspires a little bit of confidence...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 4, 2015

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

You've already got Aaron Murray on the roster, though.

He probably needs another year before he can look at starting. Unless he can already out-throw Smith...

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Lamadrid posted:

Good night sweet prince.

I thought for sure that this was a fever dream brought on by depression and lack of proper nutrition

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

He probably needs another year before he can look at starting. Unless he can already out-throw Smith...

I have no doubt that he's currently a better passer than Smith.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raiders beat writers confirmed that James Jones wouldn't have been happy as the 4th receiver and gave him a chance to go to another team

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

I thought for sure that this was a fever dream brought on by depression and lack of proper nutrition

Raiders football is absolutely tangible and real.Just let go of everything.Dehumanize yourself.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I have no doubt that he's currently a better passer than Smith.

Let's see if he can hit more than two passes over thirty yards first.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Doug Martin isn't having his 5th year option picked up. Michael Clayton and Doug Martin; what is it with Bucs rookies owning and then never coming close to that again?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ozu posted:

Doug Martin isn't having his 5th year option picked up. Michael Clayton and Doug Martin; what is it with Bucs rookies owning and then never coming close to that again?

The infection takes about a year to set in...

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ozu posted:

That's not super uncommon for runningbacks, and he got hurt. He's also only had 3 years so for all we know he does come close to it again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

Post-draft scouting department purge commences. Macc cleaning out the remaining holdovers from previous regimes.

@BrianCoz
The Jets have fired director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett, according to sources. Prophett spent 14 years with the team.
The Jets also fired scouts Rick Courtright, David Hinson, Cole Hufnagel, Chris Prescott and Seth Turner.

The Eagles just did the same, firing their director of college scouting, pro personnel director and some scouts.

To be replaced by Chip Kelly lampreys.

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
I was a little surprised by the release of James Jones, but now news is coming around that the Raiders released Worst Linebacker Ever Miles Burris as well and I am SO HAPPY YOU GUYS

https://instagram.com/p/2Q_oJiwBm6/

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Thank the old Gods and the new

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dr. Foom posted:

I was a little surprised by the release of James Jones, but now news is coming around that the Raiders released Worst Linebacker Ever Miles Burris as well and I am SO HAPPY YOU GUYS

https://instagram.com/p/2Q_oJiwBm6/

We should have traded you Irvin for James Jones. :smith:

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Chichevache posted:

We should have traded you Irvin for James Jones. :smith:

You guys can sign Burris, but do so at your own peril.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bills signing DL Alex Carrington to a 1 year contract

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kalli posted:

The Eagles just did the same, firing their director of college scouting, pro personnel director and some scouts.

To be replaced by Chip Kelly lampreys.

Their scouts didn't recommend any Ducks. They were clearly defective.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ozu posted:

gently caress depth. 3 WRs should be good for the season.

Those are the three at the top of the depth chart. Jones would be fourth and the Raiders wanted to cut him early so he can hook up with another team early. I don't think Jones would be happy as the fourth WR.

MrLogan posted:

Jones should be ahead of Crabtree on the depth chart, though. So should Andre Holmes for that matter. Crabtree should almost never see the field unless someone gets hurt.

Yeah, no.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I still like you, Burris. I'm sorry you suck.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
The Cowboys are going into the season slated to have Darren McFadden and noted underwear thief Joseph Randle as their starting runningbacks. Before the draft, I thought spending high round draft picks to trade for Adrian Peterson was a bad idea, especially since the draft seemed to have a decent amount of depth for the position as well. Now, I think I would be fine with them trading multiple draft picks for an aging back that will have not played more then a game in a year and a half to begin the season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Falcons signed something called Collin Mooney. Any Titans fans care to elaborate? Apparently he graded very well in run blocking (pff I know) is he any good?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Havoc904 posted:

The Cowboys are going into the season slated to have Darren McFadden and noted underwear thief Joseph Randle as their starting runningbacks. Before the draft, I thought spending high round draft picks to trade for Adrian Peterson was a bad idea, especially since the draft seemed to have a decent amount of depth for the position as well. Now, I think I would be fine with them trading multiple draft picks for an aging back that will have not played more then a game in a year and a half to begin the season.

I was really hoping they'd be the ones to pick up Zac Stacy. Maybe they'll kick the tires on Doug Martin since the Bucs didn't pick up his 5th year option?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Havoc904 posted:

I don't know if I'd describe DMC as a "starting runningback" at this point in time. Godspeed.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

John Brown posted:

I was really hoping they'd be the ones to pick up Zac Stacy. Maybe they'll kick the tires on Doug Martin since the Bucs didn't pick up his 5th year option?

Doug Martin is still with the Bucs for the upcoming season. He just won't be there next year. I think the Cowboys' offensive line is so good that they are going to be able to get away with not having great RBs. The only problem is that DMC won't even be there for half the season so they better have some depth on the practice squad or something.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

old dog child posted:

I don't know if I'd describe DMC as a "starting runningback" at this point in time. Godspeed.

He's a great starter! They just need a finisher for the other 13 games.

Edit
Phoneposting, so no link, but Baton Rouge PD apparently announced that La'El Collins is not a suspect. No other news at this time.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 4, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

goc posted:

Doug Martin is still with the Bucs for the upcoming season. He just won't be there next year. I think the Cowboys' offensive line is so good that they are going to be able to get away with not having great RBs. The only problem is that DMC won't even be there for half the season so they better have some depth on the practice squad or something.

The offensive line is good, but the lose of Demarco is going to be felt alot more then people expect. Even with a fantastic line, you don't get the kind of production that Murray had last year with an average runningback. He will also be missed in the passing game, the step down in pass protection between Murray and Randle was clear as day last year.

Even if they had retained Murray, I would have expected a decline in production. But to let Murray walk (which remains to be seen on whether they should have paid him) and not pick up anything outside of a broken McFadden is really worrisome. I think Randle's inflated 6+ YPC last year as left them with a false sense of security.

The practice squad is pretty much just Ryan Williams, the former 2nd round pick that used to be with the Cardinals and has a history of injuries.

John Brown posted:

I don't know why you wouldn't throw a 7th round pick to the Rams for the chance to test out Stacy. Especially since you did nothing leading up to that point in the draft.

I would even be happy for them to throw a middle round pick towards the Bucs to test out Martin for a year. They just need SOMETHING else.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope the Cowboys running game completely collapses and Aaron Schatz gets pissy about it on Twitter.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I kind of want Jedi Garrett as an av

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They can pick up whichever mid-level RB doesn't make the Jets. Although I'm leaning towards Ridley starting the year on PUP and rolling with Ivory, Stacy, and Powell. Not a whole lot of speed in that group though.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Ozu posted:

gently caress depth. 3 WRs should be good for the season.
They still have like 5 depth level WRs and whoever else they picked up. And I saw a tweet from another writer saying the previous coaching staff felt his minutes/number of snaps needed to be managed.

Lamadrid posted:

Good night sweet prince.
Don't forget the official @raiders tweet:
"So um…James Jones made a great catch. Fumbled. Picked it up and gained more yards. Then fumbled again. Texans recovered."

Havoc904 posted:

The offensive line is good, but the lose of Demarco is going to be felt alot more then people expect. Even with a fantastic line, you don't get the kind of production that Murray had last year with an average runningback. He will also be missed in the passing game, the step down in pass protection between Murray and Randle was clear as day last year.
As poorly as DMC ran the coaches apparently stuck with him cause his pass protection, so theoretically I wouldn't be too concerned there.

As for running, ehh he showed some flashes last year I guess? I don't expect much but I'm still curious how he'll do with a better line and passing threat at this point.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Madden 16 cover finalists. Is there any way Gronk doesn't win this?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/madden-nfl-16-cover-finalists-revealed/1100-6427074/

quote:

Rob Gronkowski (New England Patriots tight end)
Patrick Peterson (Arizona Cardinals cornerback)
Odell Beckham Jr. (New York Giants wide receiver)
Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver)

quote:

You can vote right now through free-to-play game Madden NFL Mobile or Madden Ultimate Team in Madden NFL 15. Madden NFL Mobile players can vote once per day, and can unlock extra votes by completing in-game challenges. Ultimate Team players, meanwhile, can cast just one vote initially, but can also earn four extra votes by completing Solo Challenges.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

What is Patrick Peterson doing on that list? Kind of a weird grouping...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Shath Hole posted:

What is Patrick Peterson doing on that list? Kind of a weird grouping...

EA has a huge hardon for Patrick Peterson this year

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

mcmagic posted:

Pretty much every single thing that I wanted Idzik to do as a sign that he knew what the gently caress he was doing, Mac is doing. That doesn't mean they will win but at least it inspires a little bit of confidence...
On the plus side, Idzik seems to be more than competent in the role of salary cap consultant the Jaguars hired him for. The team has restructured a few contracts in a pretty favorable way for them.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ozu posted:

Madden 16 cover finalists. Is there any way Gronk doesn't win this?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/madden-nfl-16-cover-finalists-revealed/1100-6427074/

The NFL twitter account literally cannot stfu about Odell Beckham Jr. so he might win

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I hope the curse turns Gronk into a monk or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Brannock posted:

I hope the curse turns Gronk into a monk or something.

The curse was smothered to death years ago by a Calvin Johnson 1,964 yard season.

• Locked thread