Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

mind the walrus posted:

Basically yes. No joke. Aside from Captain Boomerang who is a staple of the Flash's villains--it works better than the name would ever imply--and Deadshot who is a perennial B-list villain/antihero you use when you need someone who-means-business-but-not-too-heavy-business, every single one of those characters who aren't Croc and Joker/Harley are barely known outside of very obscure DC books. Well, Katana is a D-lister who shows up as support in a lot of books, but really doesn't have a character of her own other than "Japanese stereotype."

I don't think anyone would disagree I'm a pretty big human being for superheroes and comics in general and even I can't recall a single story I've read featuring Slipknot, El Diablo, or the Enchantress and I've read a loving lot. This should clue you into how disposable they're going to be in the final movie. Slipknot and El Diablo especially-- count on one or both biting the dust.

deadshot's pretty cool. he's written well in the comics i've read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
A well written comic book character? Well I never

Here's hoping notable character actor Will Smith brings the nuance we all know and love to the silver screen with his portrayal of beloved superhero and/or villain Red Bullet Punch Man

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Wild T posted:

A well written comic book character? Well I never

*relatively well written

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Wild T posted:

Here's hoping notable character actor Will Smith brings the nuance we all know and love to the silver screen with his portrayal of beloved superhero and/or villain Red Bullet Punch Man

Featuring Will Smith as Patterson Joseph playing younger thinner Charles S. Dutton.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

deadshot's pretty cool. he's written well in the comics i've read

Deadshot is a lot of fun and I'm more intrigued to see how Will Smith translates the character more than any other aspect of Suicide Squad. He's also completely-loving-unknown outside of committed DC fans aside from Arkham City.

A misanthrope posted:

*relatively well written

It helps when you've got writers like Ostrander and Simone making you their pet projects and aren't under the same kind-of scrutiny and brand dilution as the big boys.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

mind the walrus posted:

Basically yes. No joke. Aside from Captain Boomerang who is a staple of the Flash's villains--it works better than the name would ever imply--and Deadshot who is a perennial B-list villain/antihero you use when you need someone who-means-business-but-not-too-heavy-business, every single one of those characters who aren't Croc and Joker/Harley are barely known outside of very obscure DC books. Well, Katana is a D-lister who shows up as support in a lot of books, but really doesn't have a character of her own other than "Japanese stereotype."

I don't think anyone would disagree I'm a pretty big human being for superheroes and comics in general and even I can't recall a single story I've read featuring Slipknot, El Diablo, or the Enchantress and I've read a loving lot. This should clue you into how disposable they're going to be in the final movie. Slipknot and El Diablo especially-- count on one or both biting the dust.

Enchantress was in a bunch of Shadowpact books where it was an all magic guy team and a detective monkey. Last time I saw Slipknot was as a suspect for Sue Dinby's murder during Identity Crisis. You've loving got me on El Diablo though, only El Diablo I know is pretty much Zorro and kicks the poo poo out of people back in the late 1800s so you can bet this guy is getting blown away in the first 5 seconds to show that the situation is "REAL poo poo"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Deadshot got a few moments in that Arrow TV show which is pretty popular so he's probably more well known than most of the others in that cast already. Most of them only show up in cartoons right?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Robo Reagan posted:

cant get over how racist katana looks in the politically correct year of our ungendered lord 2015

give her a bowl of rice and a calculator while we're capitalizing on her being japanese

I actually like how they did the tank top under the open jacket, it's evocative of Japanese Yankee fashion, the wraps that stereotypical Japanese high school female toughs wear.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Photoshop goons really need to keep adding to that photo.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Will Smith is turning into Ken Foree.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Deadshot got a few moments in that Arrow TV show which is pretty popular so he's probably more well known than most of the others in that cast already. Most of them only show up in cartoons right?

i've seen all the cartoons, half of these idiots dont even show up in cartoons. they are D-list comic only characters. where is Killer Frost?!

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Photoshop goons really need to keep adding to that photo.

I agree.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
tim curry from rocky horror show goooo

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

gently caress yeah!

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is great. Thank you everyone.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Shoehead posted:

Harley's backward kitchen tattoos are fuckin retarded.

She has "puddin'" as a tattoo.

Puddin

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If i weren't phonepostin I'd add a lot more product placement to go along with Trailer Harley's new boots

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

If you are wondering how the rest of the Suicide Squad looks, here they are.

How is DC this bad at making movies!?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

schmarson
Dec 21, 2012

MY DUDES

Ultra Carp

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Room for one more?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
uh I think you guys are forgetting scrappy doo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
but for loving real

Captain

Boomerang

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Why the gently caress did they make Harley a trailer slut? Did she meet the Joker in a meth lab instead of studying him in the nut house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CzarChasm posted:

Room for one more?

jesus christ

• Locked thread