Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Since we're sort of stuck on this "what do we do about the captive" bit, let me be straight forward in saying, you don't have to take any special precautions. I merely wish to know if you're killing him, knocking him out, or dragging him along with you. No rolling necessary, no particular risk involved. If you want a capture of his face, the Chameleon Mask can do it. If you want his uniform, go ahead and take it. And if anyone cares, his weapon is also just laying on the ground nearby, so you can take that too, if you think and extra SMG will be useful up ahead.

Not trying to railroad any more than I have to, but I've got adventures burning in my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Yeah, I just wanted to get IC just how crazy this group was to start with RE: killing folk.

Who's the closest looking to this guy? I'm quick-posting before jumping into a skype game and can't remember, but is this uniform specific to him or are they all pretty generic?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

These guys all have the same basic uniform. Night-Op blue camo fatigues, black balaclava and tactical gear, and jungle appropriate brown leather combat boots. The ones outside also have a rain poncho on, to keep their equipment dry. Gathering up the uniform is no problem. It fits right over the wetsuits. In terms of physical resemblance, I suppose Giovanni is the closest match, due to his not being a woman or android with non0human head shape. The Chameleon Mask can easily copy Tawfeek's face, sans balaclava, if you'd like. I assumed this is what you had planned.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

These guys all have the same basic uniform. Night-Op blue camo fatigues, black balaclava and tactical gear, and jungle appropriate brown leather combat boots. The ones outside also have a rain poncho on, to keep their equipment dry. Gathering up the uniform is no problem. It fits right over the wetsuits. In terms of physical resemblance, I suppose Giovanni is the closest match, due to his not being a woman or android with non0human head shape. The Chameleon Mask can easily copy Tawfeek's face, sans balaclava, if you'd like. I assumed this is what you had planned.

That was the idea, yeah.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Awesome. So since the team seems to favor a non-lethal solution, and your intent is clear, I'll press on. No need to drag this bit out.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Hoping to get a post in tonight. If you haven't responded in a few hours, Mr Tastee, I'm going to press on. Disguised or otherwise, you've gotta get inside that place.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

An alarming success! Giovanni is in, and can probably get the rest of you in, as well. But there's no real indication of how much security is inside, or outside of that place. Still, it's relatively safe to start investigating.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Just a heads up, team, I'm taking a trip across country, and will be limited to phone posting for the next week or so. Still plan to check in on the thread daily, though.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I am back from my trip, and goddamn, do my legs ache.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just flew in from Neverwinter, and boy is my initiative sore!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Hey-oooo! So, I'll be picking up the pace on posting, after work tomorrow, so get your actions in place, and I'll resolve them all at once, asap. And remember: dinosaurs are the devil made flesh.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Can I just pick up one of the weapons, or do I have to drop items in my inventory?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

You'd have to swap out some gear. The idea was to put a limit on the number of portable stunts and bonus Aspects you could each carry around. What are you thinking of doing?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Just going to grab a more effective weapon to handle the guards.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Fair enough. I'm working on a post right now, so I'll post after you've made your choices.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

:siren:Also!:siren:

Appoda
Sandymane
Kumaton
Mr. Maltose

You guys still around?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
My name has been spoken and I appear from the dust of ages.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Anyone able to contact one or more of the others? None of them have private messages.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'll have an update posted tomorrow after work, team. Excelsior!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Done. Also, I threw some RP compulsion opportunities at you. I know a few of you are getting low on Fate Points. I've only got two left, myself!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good job guys! Only one of us almost died!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

How much ignoring of the problem/obsessing over Psycho would Layla have to do to get the compel?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Well, I meant for the prompts to offer a few starting points, so take them at least one step farther, and I'll call it a compel. Good question, though. Until you asked, I hadn't really thought about it.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I've lost internet connection, so I'll update as soon as I can. Also, Fate points earned: Layla, and Alicia. Still time for the rest of you to lock them in.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

What do I need to do to decode the transmission?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Electronics, or Communication. Whichever you're better at. I assume Giovanni can also find a pen someplace close by.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Sorry for the delay. I'm house sitting, and it's exhausting. I'll have a post tomorrow, and we will finally find out the answers to both of our current mysteries!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
If further requests for the B-Team (or C-Team, or D-Team) occur, I'd just like to throw my hat in as saying I'm still down to play.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

The B team hella is. I really just needed two people, minimum, so consider yourself IN.

I'll have a post addressing what exactly that entails, shortly, as well as the post I was supposed to have up yesterday. House sitting is running me ragged!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Tempus, Maltose, since you were not part of the initial Phase trio, I'ma need you to take part in your own. There's a little twist though. You're not going to be working with the other party members, you're going to be working with some of the as yet unseen villains. Sound good?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yup!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Sure, I'm down!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Great! I'll have a prompt for each of you at some point tomorrow.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Hedgehog, as a relatively early acquisition to the O.C.A.M. roster, you've had a fair amount of experience both behind the scenes, and in the field. This means you've had a few near-misses with some of the biggest names on O.C.A.M.'s watchlist, not to mention the folks you burned when you turned face. So what was the most dangerous field mission you've been on so far?

Jeanine, as a fringe scientist, with some questionable research ethics, Unisys-Aeon Industries was one of a very small number of groups not wholly disgusted by the goals of your work. And they were the only ones willing to pay for it's continuation. What brought you to the Kepulauan Menakutkan research facility? How did UAI convince you to work for them?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

So, respond to the prompts when you have time, and I'll have the second phase ASAP, since that's where this'll get a little tricky. In the meantime, the thread will press on, as the setup for Azurite Team shouldn't interfere with Garnet Team's mission, right now.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Uhh... well, I guess B team is still on hiatus? So, we proceed as planned. Anyone have any questions about what's going on right now?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
B-Team is not on hiatus, Tempus has just been at work constantly!

e: and by that I mean I'll have something up tonight

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I thought it might be something like that. No worries.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I ran out of the good pills from my dental surgery so I can be trusted to write again. You do not want to see the original prompt response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Hedgehog, as a relatively early acquisition to the O.C.A.M. roster, you've had a fair amount of experience both behind the scenes, and in the field. This means you've had a few near-misses with some of the biggest names on O.C.A.M.'s watchlist, not to mention the folks you burned when you turned face. So what was the most dangerous field mission you've been on so far?

"Right. So the most dangerous mission I was ever on would have to be the second. Not the first - that was a bloody milk run. But the second was an...interesting case. So I got deployed into a mission, to infiltrate a base, sabotage their computer systems, the usual. As it would happen, they actually had intelligence records for numerous operatives from other intelligence agencies, including three embedded O.C.A.M. agents. So as I'm going in there, strike team behind me, we get isolated by a firefight breaking out.

As the strike team is off filling these guys with lead, I move on to try and get to their central servers - I figure the best way to handle this one is going to be just applying a high-grade electromagnet to the side of the server rack, leave the whole thing a corrupted and garbled mess beyond recovery. And right around then, as I'm getting into what I THINK is the central server room - you wouldn't believe how few mercenary armies have issued schematics for their bases, by the by - I find something...beeping.

So these wankers, I kid you not, have a dirty bomb. A big one. And it's armed - hooked into a massive terminal, I'm guessing so they could destroy the base and the city it's located underneath. So this happens, and the comms feed from the strike team just cuts out. No amount of my finagling can fix it, and that's when he comes in.

The Butcher of Zagreb. Big guy, penchant for swinging knives. Used to use my services to get intel on his marks before a hit. Now, he's hardened by a stay in a Russian prison (that he escaped from, eventually.) And now, he's coming after me like a bat out of hell, this dirty bomb is about to explode, the central server still hasn't been compromised, and I'm suddenly wishing I had something a little bit bigger than a handgun.

So I've got about 10 seconds to make some magic happen. I open up the text terminal on the computer attached to the dirty bomb, start typing as quickly as I can to inject some code to shut the bomb down, and remotely access the central server. As the Butcher's coming up on me, I just hoist up the keyboard and smash it into his face.

Turns out, smashing the keyboard into his face sent a garbage input to the central server that it couldn't process, it overheated and started a fire, setting off the fire control systems, which caused an arc in the room's main breaker, which caused an explosion, which blew the Butcher to kingdom come and left me with some nasty burns across one arm and my abdomen,

And THAT is the story of how I hacked an entire secret base and dismantled a mercenary army set on blowing up Prague, in thirty seconds."

(Aspect gained: Fastest Keyboard in the West(ern Hemisphere)

• Locked thread