Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

God dammit really wanted him.

I think we've just seen a man's dreams crushed in real time. A moment of silence for Dolfan, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

Quarterbacks in the Big Ten (THE BIG TEN!!!) with a better passer rating than Christian Hackenberg:

Devin Gardner

Watching the Michigan/Penn State game in Ann Arbor, Hackenberg looked worse in person than on TV. Completely overwhelmed by a defense that didn't even make a bowl game and got lit up by Rutgers and Maryland.

I wouldn't consider Hackenberg draft-worthy at this point.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Why is it assumed the Panthers are so much better than the Falcons? They were both about the same amount of lovely in 2014, and if the Panthers hadn't fluked a tie game onto their record, the Falcons would have been in the post season instead of Carolina even with that embarrassing defeat in the GA Dome in week 17.

Seems to me like both teams were poo poo due to bad coaching and only one of those teams actually addressed that fact in the off-season.

Because the Panthers defense is a gajillion times better than anyone else in the NFC South and Cam Newton owns. The falcons entire season rests on Matty to Jones at this point and that's not enough.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.
If there's one thing more stupid than mock drafts it's mock drafts for 2016 when the 2015 draft just started. Jesus gently caress are people that bored?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

i forgot why i don't like the panthers but now i remember.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Midorka posted:

If there's one thing more stupid than mock drafts it's mock drafts for 2016 when the 2015 draft just started. Jesus gently caress are people that bored?

I don't really follow college football so it's good to get a list of names to keep an eye out for. I did it last year for Amari Cooper and ended up following his progress straight to my team last weekend.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

i forgot why i don't like the panthers but now i remember.

because you like anime?

its because you like anime isnt it

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Jeez McShay, last in the NFC West again? I think we'll be better than the 49ers at least.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

TNG posted:

Jeez McShay, last in the NFC West again? I think we'll be better than the 49ers at least.

McShay didn't come up with the final records of the individual teams, he mentions the site but I don't remember the name.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Football Outsiders

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

BlindSite posted:

Because the Panthers defense is a gajillion times better than anyone else in the NFC South and Cam Newton owns. The falcons entire season rests on Matty to Jones at this point and that's not enough.

Eh, I don't really buy this at least not anymore. Carolina and Atlanta went down to the last game last year for the NFCShit crown and you could very easily make the argument that, at least on paper, Atlanta had a much better offseason than Carolina both in player and coach personnel. I realize games aren't won on paper, but by all measures Atlanta's arrow is pointing way up where Carolina's seems to be about the same.

As long as it's not New Orleans...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Falcons were destroyed last year by their offensive line. Obviously the defense was a joke but they couldn't run the ball or protect Ryan. So in the offseason they've addressed that by..... releasing their best offensive lineman?

You talk about personnel like they were big players in free agency or something but their best players signed were what? Clayborn or Durant? Who cares?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/atl/atlanta-falcons

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

The Falcons were destroyed last year by their offensive line. Obviously the defense was a joke but they couldn't run the ball or protect Ryan. So in the offseason they've addressed that by..... releasing their best offensive lineman?

You talk about personnel like they were big players in free agency or something but their best players signed were what? Clayborn or Durant? Who cares?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/atl/atlanta-falcons

You keep saying that, but it's not true...at all...Atlanta's line under Tice, especially at the end of the season, was fine. Not spectacular, but they weren't terrible. But please, tell me who Carolina added in the offseason, specifically on their horrible OLine to address their issues protecting Cam :allears:

I know you will never acknowledge Atlanta doing anything good, which is fine, and I know you are a Panthers fanboy rear end in a top hat so I'm not going to go into specifics, but to people that actually know football the Falcons arrow is pointing up like I said. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong, won't it?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I don't care for Mike Tice as a person, but I'm glad the Raiders nabbed him

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

I don't care for Mike Tice as a person, but I'm glad the Raiders nabbed him

Neither am I, but as a coach you should be excited. He did wonders for Atlanta's line last season, I hated to see him go.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

didn't mean to upset you so much.

So the line under the coach that isn't there anymore is trending up? With Matthews' struggles? After losing blaylock? Makes sense.

Someone just please post PFF of Matthews because I feel like I'm going insane.

As far as the Panthers, they spent the offseason shoring up the special teams, which isn't flashy, but it was necessary. They signed a new left tackle and let Bell go, they drafted another. Got another big receiver. I'm reserving judgment on shaq until i see how they use him. It's not ideal but they did the best with the hand they were dealt.

There will still be moves made by both sides, but position to position the Panthers were better than the Falcons heading into the offseason, and I can't really say they've done enough to change that.

As far as coaching, yeah, ron has his shortcomings and Shula is terrible, but let's not anoint Dan Quinn yet. He's downgrading his toys quite a bit. I don't really think Mike Smith was the problem in atlanta, outside of his hideous decisions in crucial moments, but if they had better talent on defense they wouldn't have been in them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Time will tell homey :cheers:

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
I don't have a dog in this fight but...

FizFashizzle posted:

They signed a new left tackle

They signed Michael Oher. You can phrase it however you want, but that's the reality.

FizFashizzle posted:

they drafted another.

Daryl Williams. The only reason I know his name is because prior to free-agency he was mentioned as a possible late round developmental RT for the Jags. I'm not going to comment on the ATL vs CAR debate, but that tackle position was a dumpster fire going into the offseason and I just don't see how it looks any better now. Different, but not better.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dr. Poz posted:

I don't have a dog in this fight but...

They signed Michael Oher. You can phrase it however you want, but that's the reality.

Daryl Williams. The only reason I know his name is because prior to free-agency he was mentioned as a possible late round developmental RT for the Jags. I'm not going to comment on the ATL vs CAR debate, but that tackle position was a dumpster fire going into the offseason and I just don't see how it looks any better now. Different, but not better.

Oh i know, I was just saying what they'd done. Oher is a middling improvement over Bell. But outside of the LT which granted is kinda important, their line is fine. It's not Dallas by any means but people talk about it its the Tony Boselli haunted Houston Texans. There's a reason Stewart was the most productive running back over the last month and a half of the season.

Hopefully the starting LT isn't on the roster yet. And I don't know about Williams being a project. Everything I read on him says he went right where he was supposed to go.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

didn't mean to upset you so much.

So the line under the coach that isn't there anymore is trending up? With Matthews' struggles? After losing blaylock? Makes sense.

Someone just please post PFF of Matthews because I feel like I'm going insane.

As far as the Panthers, they spent the offseason shoring up the special teams, which isn't flashy, but it was necessary. They signed a new left tackle and let Bell go, they drafted another. Got another big receiver. I'm reserving judgment on shaq until i see how they use him. It's not ideal but they did the best with the hand they were dealt.

There will still be moves made by both sides, but position to position the Panthers were better than the Falcons heading into the offseason, and I can't really say they've done enough to change that.

As far as coaching, yeah, ron has his shortcomings and Shula is terrible, but let's not anoint Dan Quinn yet. He's downgrading his toys quite a bit. I don't really think Mike Smith was the problem in atlanta, outside of his hideous decisions in crucial moments, but if they had better talent on defense they wouldn't have been in them.

Heh, I thought it was pretty funny they burned a first rounder on a guy who will amount to nothing more than a special teams ace. I guess that's one way to go about it. I think you're kind of reaching here because that draft appears to be on the bust side of boom or bust.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Heh, I thought it was pretty funny they burned a first rounder on a guy who will amount to nothing more than a special teams ace. I guess that's one way to go about it. I think you're kind of reaching here because that draft appears to be on the bust side of boom or bust.

Shaq was drafted as a linebacker. It will be very disappointing if he only contributes on special teams.

Gettleman has nailed his first two drafts, and the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball is pretty stout. I think it's worth the benefit of the doubt.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Saints pretty much went all in on D which looks good on paper for us but I'm not going to pretend I know anymore.

All I can guarantee is that the Falcons and at least another division rival will probably piss away a game against us that they shouldn't have and I will laugh.

If Cam puts it together this year then the Panthers are the greatest threat IMO but depends on if we get good Brees or turnover Brees down the stretch.

I've given up trying to figure out if Atlanta will ever be good or bad. On paper they should be solid. Coaching will be a question for now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I just remembered that Mike Nolan is on the Chargers staff now

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Saints pretty much went all in on D which looks good on paper for us but I'm not going to pretend I know anymore.

All I can guarantee is that the Falcons and at least another division rival will probably piss away a game against us that they shouldn't have and I will laugh.

If Cam puts it together this year then the Panthers are the greatest threat IMO but depends on if we get good Brees or turnover Brees down the stretch.

I've given up trying to figure out if Atlanta will ever be good or bad. On paper they should be solid. Coaching will be a question for now.

I think the Saints will be improved, they had a lot of picks in the draft and while it may not have been spectacular, I think they added some good pieces.

I have no doubt Atlanta will lose to New Orleans on some last minute bullshit, I'm shocked they didn't last season. Saints/Falcons is still one of the best matchups in football, imo.

I've also given up on trying to figure out Atlanta, which is why I said on paper they look improved. Until Quinn proves that he can successfully implement the Seattle system in Atlanta, I will be very cautiously optimistic, but optimistic nonetheless.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm not gonna even keep reading.

This Panthers vs. Falcons fight between Fiz and Sath loving owns.

:lol: esp cause Fiz threw a Tebow bomb in the Georgia Dome the other day filming his C class movie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

:lol: esp cause Fiz threw a Tebow bomb in the Georgia Dome the other day filming his C class movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2513074/

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I don't see you in the cast though

I mean obviously I believe you're in it, but that sucks that "Dallas Bravo Football Fan" and "Long Snapper" made it to the credits page and you didn't

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ok. Steve Martin is in it.

My apologies.

But gently caress that girl from the Twilight series.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean obviously I believe you're in it, but that sucks that "Dallas Bravo Football Fan" and "Long Snapper" made it to the credits page and you didn't

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2553109/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm just going to let Rotten Tomatoes let me know how this movie is.

Please be good.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

It's got Vin Diesel, Kristen Stewart and FizFashizzle in loafers...I wouldn't get your hopes up.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Best off season team fight so far.

:boom:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I haven't put myself in there yet :effort: Extras put themselves in credits all the time.

OT but the movie is being filmed in 8D @ 120fps. They're the most powerful cameras ever used for a feature film.

Maybe those actors aren't big name enough for you, but typically academy award winning directors don't work on C movies.

Now if you really want to see me in a piece of poo poo, make sure to tune in to Sci Fi Channel on Shark Week to see me star in THREE HEADED SHARK ATTACK

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I haven't put myself in there yet :effort:

OT but the movie is being filmed in 8D @ 120fps. They're the most powerful cameras ever used for a feature film.

Maybe those actors aren't big name enough for you, but typically academy award winning directors don't work on C movies.

Now if you really want to see me in a piece of poo poo, make sure to tune in to Sci Fi Channel on Shark Week to see me star in THREE HEADED SHARK ATTACK

That looks amazing

I actually had no idea you had to put yourself on IMDB pages, I assumed someone did all that for the production on behalf of everyone. I assume the big name actors aren't doing it themselves, do their agents just have like interns or whatever that do that poo poo?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

That looks amazing

I actually had no idea you had to put yourself on IMDB pages, I assumed someone did all that for the production on behalf of everyone. I assume the big name actors aren't doing it themselves, do their agents just have like interns or whatever that do that poo poo?

Basically. I have to pay a monthly fee to be on IMDB

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also, counterpoint: Ang Lee's The Hulk

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

Best off season team fight so far.

:boom:

All bullshit aside, I love ya Fiz and hope your movies do well. I still have the Crumpler mini jersey thing from McDonald's you sent me for SAS Secret Santa way back when :shobon:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My IMDB page would totally be me slamming a beer. gently caress all the producers and directors.

Now, hopefully some football news comes out.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I really hope there was a day where it was just Fiz and Vin Diesel alone in the gym benching 300 or whatever and talking about star wars and D&D and then some girl came by and said hey and they just kinda both said "hey" without looking at her and then exuberantly talked about their favorite EU character

I'm not even making fun, I would be jealous of any part of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vin Diesel has four trailers, one of which is a dedicated gym trailer he never uses. He's six foot but wears lifts. He only comes onto set for his speaking parts. Everything else is done by his double.

• Locked thread