Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
(Poor Murray! Also, I meant to say something about Valthax's thing earlier - Chain-Of-Survival only healed people the FIRST TIME he chose Commensalism. Commensalism 2 does this

quote:

Commensalism 2 - Permanent +1 Defense bonus + transfer any amount of Defense to an ally for a turn BUT acting selfishly penalizes you -1 for rolls
So he doesn't actually heal anyone this turn!

Also:

:siren:That's everyone, I think! I can start work on the update! :siren:

Let me know if I'm missing anyone.)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
((Still missing Velma, maybe?))

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Chantilly Say posted:

((Still missing Velma, maybe?))

Her choice was sent by PM.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

-Combined Wave-
“Holy poo poo, we have like NO time here! Get as far as you can! We have literal seconds - leave anyone behind who isn’t ready, leave all your poo poo! You all heard the Tower Lord’s voice booming like a loving thundercloud - we have thirty seconds, MAX!”

---
The Lord of the Tower vanished, melding into the floor like liquid draining into a hole, but he is still around. You can feel him watching, laughing. The room erupts into chaos as people start shouting and slamming buttons as numbers of pure flame start counting down.

Valthax starts shouting at the others to vote yes! Surely the Lord wants to be seen as merciful! Privately, he pulled up a vast torrent of chronomantic energy - ready to pounce when the time was right!

Chauncey slammed down NO - and began to glow a brilliant blue!

Longwei slammed down NO, staring defiance in the face of a mad god (also started glowing blue!)!

Orthex spoke out, cursing the Lord all the while weaving a sinister thread through the minds of the others present using uncanny power (Four Rounds till Talent Recharge)

”Orthex” posted:

"Towerlord, an answer to-”

Rasheek slammed down NO, calling out his wild injustices! (Four Rounds till Talent Recharge - and yes, she glowed blue too!)

Eva Watt - Whatever - felt a flicker of something like anger at the fickle bullshit of the Lord of the Tower. The flame of her rage pulled at her from the dormant Artifact Rides-At-Night, and she gasped. The Mark of Void burning on her face - and Void’s stupid face smiling passively at her from across the room - she engaged the Nexus and hooked into whatever process Orthex was running.

Lucius, cold as ice, used his powers to press buttons for others all around him. As they shrieked in terror and blamed eachother or ran for the door, slammed NO.

ALighterPorpoise, breaking out the good stuff before such a momentous choice, tried to peek at whatever Orthex was doing. The blasted orb was secretive, though! He took a good sip, and - in a show of frankly UNBELIEVABLE noblesse oblige, gave Jehrehmeh the tiniest tipple of it as well. Then, he slammed NO!

Morton looked quickly around the room - all sorts in here. No ghosts - why would there be, no one dead here. Yet. But zombies and wights and a few liches (or nearest-offworld approximations of them, in any case). He worked his magic quickly, pushing them towards YES. Suckers. He slammed NO!

”Orthex” posted:

"- not your game. As you have-”

3!

Inigo Joe had had plenty of this BS! The Goddess of Luck kept kicking his rear end, and he was sick of it! He pushed his seat backwards, whistled for Roscoe, and slammed NO as he left. He ran for the door, leaping over people and seats as he went.

Byzantiel’s wheels, a moment ago spinning so fast they glowed white hot, suddenly stopped. There was a flash of light, and then it pushed a button. It was difficult to tell which it was. (Four Rounds till Talent Recharge)

Urist’s hands move in a blur. In literally three seconds, he had created a masterpiece. A gleaming emerald button, labelled YNEOS lay in the flat of his hand. It weighed a hell of a lot - fine, because this was a weighty decision. He slammed it - it pulsed with color. (He, however, glowed blue)

Mason yelled at Whatever about ‘that thurr truck honey girl!’, about it being ‘yurr soul!’ but she ignored him, otherwise occupied. He tried to push Urist’s button, but the dwarf rotated out of the way, irritated. Crying out for Rum, he slammed down both his buttons at once and collapsed into his seat. (And began to glow yellow!)

”Orthex” posted:

"-omes down to luck'. Are you -”

Skullzmaster whipped up some Ectoplasm, trying to see whether he could short-circuit this thingamajic into giving him the right answer. He felt a pressure in his head and before he knew it he had pressed YES. W-w-whoops!? (Glowed yellow!)

Vahl tried to give his own speech, but people were yelling now and they just WOULDN’T LISTEN. After a few false starts, he sighed and slammed NO.

Rum hesitated for a bit, then bounced onto YES. Then she sat and waited, pouring her strange neighbours a drink. That’s all she wrote.

2!!

Jormund pushed his seat back, dropping his extraneous gear. He wished his allies luck and booked it to the exit, his new shield lashed to his back.

The Stone copied and consumed Orthex’s powerful item. (Four Rounds till Talent Recharge) It felt the dark Topseeker’s irritation but didn’t care. All that mattered was getting stronger and more useful and more beautiful. It slammed YES!

Ivan sputtered, trying to work his Talent to change fate - no dice! (Four Rounds till Talent Recharge) Despondently, he slammed YES!

Velma kissed her little grub jars - they were getting so big! Well, two of them were. One of the jars had killed them! (which one, by the way?) She slammed YES, crossing her fingers for luck!

Augustus and Tiberius looked at eachother, linking to eachother with strands of slimy hyphae. Each pressed one button. One of them would survive.

Croissantelle pressed YES as the timer got ever lower!

He-Who-Bakes pressed YES with the dignity befitting an Elder Baker.

”Orthex” posted:

"-leave the tower who wish, and-”

The Goblins spread out over the room, pressing buttons at random and touching things and people. Several of them were killed by angry Seekers, and they attacked everything they could get their hands on. Somewhere in their mayhem, one of them had pressed YES!

1!!

The Last of the Quadrilateros, ignoring the chaos around him (and the odd and curious looks he was getting from other Topseekers) pressed NO!

Murray, his cool facade cracking, fiddled with his watch. (Four Rounds till Talent Recharge) He cried out in frustration and slammed his head on YES!

”Orthex” posted:

"-ldeaths you grant are - aw gently caress it!”
Connections complete, Orthex took a microsecond assessment of the votes across the room and knew what he had to press. A tendril slapped out, tapping the button. Eva, ghosting his process, pressed the same one. Valthax, peering through time, pressed the same one as the time rolled over.

_0_
Everything went silent.

The countdown vanished, and two sets of numbers appeared.
YES 52335
!NO 47164!

A burning 5 appeared, and the screaming started again. In a rage, a yellow-glowing draconic Topseeker blasted the blue-glowing Seekers in the row before him with a gout of boiling liquid chlorine. As they shrieked and burned, the numbers reacted.

YES 52329
NO 47155

Five seconds. Five seconds to - maybe - change your fate.

(That is, unless you acted in the first part of the turn! Then you’re doomed to watch or try to escape!)

(Okay, here’s how the gear was distributed. Assume that it floated into your possession!
Bog-Amber Pendant: VAHL
Hot-Glass: BYZANTIEL
Liquidas Omnias: VAHL
Priceless gems: GOBLINS
Golden Ticket: TIBERIUS)

-~~~-
Outside the tower, Jormund and Inigo blinked into the noon-day sunlight. The area around them was completely deserted as far as they could see. No people, just a scattering of junk and makeshift houses. In the distance, they could see airships and vehicles hauling rear end away from the area.

Huh.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 8, 2015

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

! !SkUlLzMaStEr! ! / W.R.A.R.OBOT / Tom Mallory
Health: 38 (32 + 12 (sphere-o head)). Armor: 15 (11 + 2 (sphere-o head) + 2 (Textbook)). DR: 4 (Textbook). Accuracy: +1.
Skills: Be a Scary Ghost. Ectoplasm Manipulation (double bonus from textbook!). Spectral Diplomacy.
Abilities: Phantasmic Regeneration, Haunt (double use from textbook!), I'm pretty sure theres another thing...
Items: Possessed Sphere-O Head. Pre-Sghoul Textbook. Elementary Sghoul Textbook. Middle-Sghoul Textbook. Uni-hearse-ity Textbook.
Turn until Talent Recharge: 6

Uhh... Whoops. Dang. Guess its time to find out if Double-Ghosts exist.

Actually. Can one of you, like, fix my vote or something? If not then I'm getting out of this dump!

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 8, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The One-Who-Bakes

Race - Eldritch Pastry-Hunger
Class - Elder Baker
Health - 26+1 5 rounds of 1d4 healing remaining http://orokos.com/roll/285563
Armor -15
Accuracy - +3
Skills - Reality Kneading, Eldritch Baking, Cosmic Glutton
Abilities - Horror-derves(Baklavian cultists that accomplish their God's wish), Cakeaclysmic Event(Cakes, happen..... in a dramatic fashion), The Staff of Life(the foundation of modern civilized food, life-nourishing bread)
Talent - "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first bake the universe." (near universal creation, to be compared to those who merely destroy)1 turns left
Motto - I HUNGER
AI Action - Eat Pastryfolk in wave, bake new seeds of future food, STRIVE TO EAT VALTHAX
Mystery - flaky, Pastur, Baklava, handily, and Chief Chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcod8IS214

What marvelous games the tower lord played.

No, I̸̋ͯ̎̀͒ ̢̂̎ͥ̓wͬ̑ȯ̌̋͑͑͡n̐̃̄̂̒'̈́̉ͧ̈̒͆tͤ͆̂̀ ̧ͥ́̃̑̏b̉͆eͧ̕ ̋̎dŏ̌̈͟n̎͊̋ͮe͒̌ͮ̈ͬ̌͗̕ ͯͨ̆̒ͪy̋͒̋ͩeͫͯt͆̍ͧ.̡ͮ̐̅͋ͣ
̾̍́͝
̈̔́̃Yo͆̈͌͜ủ͐ ͆͋̃͐͐͠h͝a͋ͮͫͣ̃͢vͥ̒̌eͨ̽ͪ̏͂̔ ̿s̀̑͛͑͟u̎̍̀c͐h̄͟ ͯ͊wͦ̃̒ŏn̐̐͒̃̈̔̽̀ď̃ͥ̓͂͋̄ė̾ͧ̏ͧͨr̽͑̍̋ͯ̓̀f͆͗̉͛͜ȗ̈ͣͦl͋ͦ҉ ̚t̴͗̅h͌̎̚i͌̑ͭͩ̏ͦ͑̕ǹ̓̐҉g͋͋ͤs͗̂̐̉̃̃ ̄ͦ̿t́ͧo̒ͧ͢ ̶͌̋ͧͫ̌s͊ͤhͮ̔ͭͪͯͨ͊o͆̄͐ͬͪwͪͮ͊ ̨̅̋̒̆̐m͆ͪeͮ̐͐͑̔̊

http://orokos.com/roll/285963 20 Reality Kneading my past decision to the other leg of the Pants of Time.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Byzantiel
Race: Angel
Class: Celestial bureaucrat
Health: 26
Armor: 14
Accuracy: +2 (+1 Hot-Glass)
Talent Recharge: ALL SYSTEMS GO (works on a 2-4 until talent success, after which cooldown and success chance return to normal)
Other assorted things: , The Scales of Heaven, The Orb of Judgement, Hot-Glass (+1 Accuracy, gives a super crit on ability crit but then breaks), A white halo with a slight hint of gold

Byzantiel lay still, placing its new weapon in its core. There it floated perfectly still, ready to strike any assailant.

Byzantiel made no sound, however. There was no need for words. Byzantiel knew it had passed the first trial, but the second and third yet awaited. A chance of success around 25%. Fairly good chances, it thought. The Infinite Cubicle was more than happy to sacrifice the paltry amount of essence a field bureaucrat constituted for those kinds of odds to correctly file paperwork of the priority class Byzantiel was sent to reclaim, after all.

Just for confirmation (not that there was any real doubt), Byzantiel quietly ran some cost-benefit analysis in its mind during these few seconds, cross-referencing the texts on paperwork classification and essence generation that it had long since memorized.

No doubt about it. In this instance, Byzantiel was expendable.

The only Right and Proper conclusion, it knew.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Name - Rasheek Health - 60
Armor - 16 Accuracy - +5
Skills - http://i.imgur.com/heHAah7.png?1Swordplay, Acrobatics, Multitasking
Talent - Domination 4 turns
Items - Water Sword (Can shoot a bolt of water)
Riptide (Blood Weapon: Harpoon)
Amulet of Mis: Level 3 (27/30)
Turquoise Ring (Minty?)

Releasing a breath she hadn't known she was holding, Rasheek slumped back in her chair. All she had done was push a button, yet those 5 seconds took more out of her than the rest of the floors to this point. But this wasn't over. There were more questions to answer and more floors to climb. Still, she needed the next few seconds to settle her nerves.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 8, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Brainamp posted:

Amulet of Mis: Level 4 (0/40) Adding blood - 1d6=5

You added blood when you pressed the button didn't you? The button pressing and this reaction period count as one turn, and you can't feed the amulet blood more often than once per turn. Therefore, I deem this action invalid :colbert:

LAWYERED!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Edited. Curse you Thanks for reminding me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wow, loks like wave three might be lasting all of three turns. :woop:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Valthax thrust his pie-cutter towards Eva Watt and asked it, "What is this Mark that has been placed upon her? Tell me, Cuts-Through-Falsehood!"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Outrail posted:

Well that is what might happen if you join right before a culling. :v:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Outrail posted:

Outrail posted:

Throwing yourself apon the mercy of an uncaring DM is a tried and true tradition.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

I wanted to use that neutronium on a mass effect railgun crossbow or something! That's the REAL tragedy

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

As the visage of the Tower Lord melted away, Longwei slowly closed his eyes. With everything considered, he had had a magnificent life. There were years of suffering and torment, of course, but many, many more of peace and tranquility. Of family. Of doing what he loved. Of the friends he had met, and the time he had shared with them. He had been so blessed. And in those few, few seconds, as a blazing timer counted down to oblivion for many, Longwei took in one final, deep breath. He was ready for whatever lay beyond this life.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

drat you! And, like most traditions it's effectiveness is questionable.

So all the Nos are blue and the yesses are yellow?

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Yeah blues are ok for this round, yellows are hosed unless they do a thing

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Name - Morton Leichenfaust Jr.
Health – 29
Armor – 12
Acc: +1
Other stuff: Black Aura, Geomaton Staff (T=9), Concord of Creation, Free mint
Talent Cooldown - Ready to Go!
Talent Range - <3,4>

Many of the undead creatures were now a lot easier to spot, as they realized they'd been had. The broker relished in their impotent rage and was elated that his plan had worked so well. Yet he knew he wasn't out of the fire yet. For obvious reason his brilliant plan had no chance whatsoever of working a second time. If he was going to influence the second round of voting, he needed a plan.

Vahl's theatric performance, though a bit rough around the edges, had a narrative that Morton liked. It was a shame that nobody seemed to hear any of it. When he noticed a yes-voting trumpet archon flying through the air, locked in battle with some sort of large slime creature, something clicked. An idea was born. He nodded at the emperor, then pointed at his arcanophone, signaling that he was up to something.

---

Though his arcanophone's screen demanded most of his attention, he couldn't help but spot a mustached, monocle and pith helmet wearing man from the periphery of his vision. There was no doubt about it, this had to be the Britiomancer mentioned by the ghost he met on the interdimensional arena floor. Morton leaned in Chauncey's direction, cleared his bony throat, and prepared to make smalltalk with the man, never looking up from his arcanophone's screen.

"I can't help but notice you're from Brittania, good man. I have a message to pass on to you, given to me by some strange sort of tumor-creature. Don't take this the wrong way, but the message is, ahem, 'TEA SUCKS' ".

Morton reached into the pocket of his suit and took from it the Concord of Creation. Without doubt, it was one of the most expensive items he had ever held in his hands. Locked within the scroll was the power to create life itself, and he knew that, outside of the Tower, he could sell it for a fortune and then some more. Prior to entering this floor there wasn't a bone in his body that even considered the idea of actually using it, but in these 20 seconds, survival was all that mattered. And if the scroll had to be sacrificed for that purpose, then he was at peace with that.

"Say, I'm sort of busy at the moment. Could you help me out for a second?" He threw the scroll at Chauncey as if it were a rolled up newspaper. "Read the instructions, then choose your words carefully. I'm sure you could make some sort of creature that could really help us out here. And whatever you do next round, vote NO. No matter what. Capiche?"

Honestly, Morton had no reason to trust the old explorer other than his magnificent mustache. But he happened to be seated closest to him, and he seemed to be unoccupied with anything important. Maybe the Britiomancer was going to try to run away with the treasure, maybe he was going to blow his nose in it. But maybe he was going to help him out, and that was all that mattered.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Orthex

"...Aw gently caress it" Orthex shouts, slamming down the button. It watches as Whatever's hand slams down onto the same button. Good, everything was moving smoothly. There was a great gout of fire. Longwei finally was acting in his own interest. Orthex smiled, or at least the bones of Nico smiled. "VOID! You pathetic little poo poo," Orthex had decided to drop the pretentious attitude. Enough time reading Whatever's blog had taught it enough to broach a common vernacular. "Are you going to gently caress about in the shadows, spying through a little girl's mind like a coward. Get down here so we can talk" Orthex had never known rage before the tower. Sure it tore apart whole galaxies, empires crying out as they were devoured for an eternity, their life energy draining away to the core, but it never understood it.

Where was Void. Five seconds was enough time. So many minds, but not every mind ran a thread through Orthex. Several possibilities. A dark seat here. Something staticy in a back row. Maybe in another room. Not enough information. Orthex had to wait. Soon. Taunting seemed a poor way to goad the man, but it felt better. "Void. What a peculiar name for a mostly 'armless man. What cosmic joke thought to name something as low as you with such a lofty title?"

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Name: <Insert Name Here> the LAST OF THE QUADRILATEROS!
Race: Human Quad
Class: Choose Your Own Adventure Protaganist
Health: 38
Armor: 12 (-2 from torte)
Accuracy: +1
Skills: Farming, Finding Mentors, Getting Over Destroyed Home TownsThe Blood Knows
Abilities:
Dumb Luck: Your foe moves to strike you down, but what's this...
Is the LAST OF THE QUADRILATEROS: As the last remaining example of this noble people you claim certain rights. Hopefully the current political situation and the fact that you remember nothing of the Quadrilateros will not be a problem...
Not Getting Over Destroyed Home Towns: You are preparing to flee but suddenly you see red and...
Talent: Written in Pencil: The highlight of any choose your own adventure is seeing your chosen skills and abilities come in handy. Sometimes the book needs a little help with this... A successful use of this talent will rewrite the character sheet with at least one changed skill, one changed ability, one changed mystery, and adding one to a stat.
Motto: For my <Home Town>
AI Action: (take a vote?)
Mystery: humble, Protaganist, apprentice, tentatively BOLD, villager

You breathe a sigh of relief as the numbers appear. You have chosen correctly and will live if the numbers stand as they are now. Unfortunately the room has erupted into a huge fight. The doomed are marked with yellow and the safe are marked with blue. Here is your chance to make this more than just a game of chance. Do you...

-Rally the <color> against their opposites, letting your blood guide your actions in this familiar warfare...

-Make yourself as visible as you can from your seat and use your reputation as the Last of the Quadrilateros to calm the fury against <color>... 5

-Sing an incredibly sad song about destroyed hometowns in an attempt to send weak hearted <color>s home...

For/Against the...

-Blue
-Yellow
(I was going to try and set people up for easier second round manipulation, but this is more important right now)

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

! !SkUlLzMaStEr! ! / W.R.A.R.OBOT / Tom Mallory

! !SkUlLzMaStEr! ! quickly pulls out all his textbooks and scribbles messages in each one (learning from a ghost made of letters helped!). He then swoops along the table and drops the books in people's laps before doing some rad loops and stopping just front of the door.

Hey guys! If you make it out of here (or don't, and end up a ghost!) remember to look me up and send me some...

GHOSTcards!

Hahaha! Yessssss!

! !SkUlLzMaStEr! ! then exits the tower, claiming his rad robot head as his prize, and flies as fast as his little robo-ghost body will take him away from the tower!

Incorporeality and You. Middle-Sghoul Textbook: Grants the holder a +2 to defense, and a +4 DR bonus, as part of each attack simply passes through them.

1spooky, 2spooky, redspooky, bluespooky. Pre-Sghoul Textbook: Grants the holder the Ectoplasm Manipulation skill, or a +5 if they already have it.

Casper, a Study on Friendship. Elementary Sghoul Textbook: Grants the holder +2 to rolls to buff/heal themselves. +3 when used on others.

Spookonomics 101. Uni-hearse-ity Textbook: Allows the holder to get double use out of their Haunts. Each Haunt can target two people, but must both have the same effect (either positive or negative), and cannot stack on one target.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Shark Mafia posted:

Yeah blues are ok for this round, yellows are hosed unless they do a thing

Yeah...I thought the gobs would have a few more rounds before the culling started. Just gotta hope the tower lord doesn't find all of them.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

With a honk of surprise, Longwei shakes himself out of his revere, and examines the books left by Skullzmaster. Looking as the spirit begins to float away, Longwei writes desperately quickly, scrawling his message in one of the blank pages at the end of the book, and signing it with his business signature. He holds it up as quickly as he finishes it - hopefully Tom saw it.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Name - The Stone
Health - 11/21 Armor - 11 DR- 0 Accuracy - +1
Skills - Manifestation, Timeless Lore (+7 with floor bonus)
Abilities - Magic Shell, Disruption
Talent Touched by the Forge: Ready
Stored Magic Items: 1: Five-Fold-Star. 2:Moon Serpent Scute 3: Static Magic:
Inventory-Hollow Circlet[Access to armor/DR from Wielder]

Resigned to It's fate The Stone sits still and attempts to send a message to The Almighty Father.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Teenager

Name: Eva Watt
Health: 44

Eva Watt looked passively at the results. Her plan had worked, she had made it through the first round. As long as the topseekers with a yellow glow didn't start killing each other enmasse within the five seconds of allotted realize-your-doom-time-span, she would be alright.

As the seconds winded down she noticed a ghost passing by (passing over?) overhead. It dropped a textbook in her lap. She gave it a quick look. A book on ectoplasmic manipulation? That was just what she needed to get her soul back! If only there was more time to read though it. She glanced quickly at the message written on the front. Tom Mallory. The name rung a bell somewhere. Didn't she know a Mallory? Maybe some friends at her school?

Then it hit her. Little Tom Mallory. Obsessed with the tower. Wouldn't stop talking about it, knew all the facts. He was the one who told her all about it, on one the many nights she had spent babysitting for the Mallories. He was the one who gave her the idea in the first place. The only one who really believed in her. Maybe because he was too young to understand, too young to be afraid.

Or maybe, as it had turned out, because he knew death was not the end.

Rides-at-Night roared in the parking lot, and a single tear ran down her face.
Surprised, she let out an almost inaudible:
“I'll.. I'll do my best Tom.”

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Name: Arnaud Addertongue

"No, see Prosper, this is brilliant!" Arnaud was babbling on, practically showing a slightly crinkly piece of paper in his utterly disinterested homunculus's face . "I solved the ectoplasmic malebolism feedback problem wit-" He never finishes this particular sentence, being interrupted by the loud blaring of the magiphones on the airship next to him.

"AND THE MALLORY KID HAS ESCAPED THE TOWER! HOW SAD; IT'S ALWAYS DISAPPOINTING WHEN THE LIFE OF THE WAVE LEAVES!"

"......GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!?"

Arnaud didn't have the time to get it unfortunately. With a frown and a cranky sigh he took a final look at his utterly genius (well, in his mind) sketch of a radical new ghostcatcher design. It would be useless now.

He took a moment to fold it into a paper airplane, and took aim at a passing pigeon.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Inigo Joe

Inigo looks at Jormund and shout as he begins to run, "Run! The tower is gonna blow!"

Rolling just to see if my luck changed.

Run: 1d20 = 19

Yep.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 8, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Run: 1d20 = 19

:allears:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Name - Prosper Mallory
Race - Homunculus- Hollow painted mannequin

Prosper scratches at his chin as the announcer does their job telling of the ghost child leaving "Mallory. Mallory... Where have I heard that name bef-" Prosper's train of thought is derailed as The Master continues to try to teach his advanced etheric metaphysics junk, Prosper surely hated when The Master caught got up in a tizzy like this, excited over some new discovery he needed to loosen up from time to time.

Having had enough of learning for a lifetime Prosper places a finger to his lips and smoke begins to build in his mouth, he feels the properties of the hallucinogenic smoke that was in him earlier begin to fade replaced by something much more fun.

Spitting out a ring of smoke Prosper smiles and says "Master catch!" pointing at his own mouth the familiar smokey product from that kind pastryfolk tobacconist in town already beginning to shift it's state with contact from the air taking on a glossy whipped cream consistency.

The familiar buzz of intoxication inside of Prosper changes and he delights in the properties of the product of the Cold Stoned Creamery Tobacconist Extraordinaire .

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Name: Urist Mountainmists
HP: 18
Armor: 16 + 2 DR
Accuracy: +2 (+1 for fire-boosted attacks) (+2 from wave)
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fish Dissector (drafted as a Marksdwarf)
Skills: Legendary Fish Dissector, Pull Lever, Retrieve Item
Abilities: Crossbow Bash, Shoot? The Crossbow?, Tantrum
Talent: Mood (4 turns recharge)
Items: The Devil Went Down To Geomaton (control soulfire, hellfire, fire; +1 acc for attacks involving those), Cyto-Malachite Pendant (+1 acc, reroll 2 ability rolls), Fungal Insect Armor Chunks, Diamond Armor (+5 armor, +2 DR), Universal Lever (use Pull Lever to control things that could conceivably be lever-controlled), The Weighted Odds

Urist gazed in satisfaction at his button. The power of superior craftdwarfship had triumphed again! An unusually-smelly human tried to press it, but he dodged out of the way. The button was his! Only his!

Then he saw The Stone, suffused with a yellow aura- the bad color. He reached out to it. "I am sorry, my friend, but I cannot think of anything I can do to help you. I can only say: good luck, and thank you for your companionship. Should you fall, I will ensure that your tale is recorded forever on the walls of Glorypages."

Shark Mafia fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 9, 2015

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

CHAUNCEY

"I'm not the ambassador of tea, it's up to the individual to realize the magnificence of the drink."

He takes a sip.

"And I'd like to see the question before I give the answer, but I will help you."

He takes out a fountain pen and writes on the scroll:

ALTRUISM

and he passes it to the next person from his world.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Name: Arnaud Addertongue

"Master catch!"

Arnaud turns around to face his homunculus, only to be smacked straight in the face by a fistful of... whipped cream? A quiet, awkward moment follows as Arnaud coldly stares at his servant. He starts to speak in a slow, deliberate drawl.

"Prosper."

He raises his hand high above his head, apparently preparing for a strike. A common enough occurrence.

"Have I ever told you what an utterly and completely..." Arnaud's words start to slow down, slurring slightly and losing their cold edge "....HILARIOUS person you are?"

He brings his hand down on Prosper's shoulder with a laugh, still hard enough to almost make the homunculus lose its balance on the broom.

"Hey, Hey do you see that tiny prive- pri- praivete airship. Do you think that we could like, like..." a small, almost childlike snicker escapes Arnaud, "...curse it to go BACK towards the tower?"

Arnaud changes course towards the poor little family sized craft, laughing all the way. "I dunnooo if that is even POSSIBLE haha but we should still try. It'll be fun!"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

[quote="HiHo ChiRho" post="445054492"]

Name - Mason
Race - Idiot
Class - Idiot
Health - 27 Armor - 15
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Phys Ed (onlee clas I got an A in), Bein' eggnored, vandalism (dun felonee charzes, only charzed wit misdumeeners)
Talent Used 1/4

Mason looks down and notices that he is glowing yellow. "Sheeut ". He turns to to others from his tower in a surprising moment of sobriety/lucidity and says "Y'all see me as yeller bit my neck will alweys be red. Yuu giv dat two timin' social presidunt wat fer. Rum Dubya, come on! We blasting this joint!"

Mason grabs Rum, claims Rides-At-Night as his prize, and rides out of the tower with Rum Dubya in the cupholder. Motley Crue is heard blaring from the truck as Mason drives it through the wall, and to beyond....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WAZ60xA9wo

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Name - Prosper Mallory
Race - Homunculus- Hollow painted mannequin

Prosper winces as The Master raises his hand to strike and visibly relaxes as Arnaud falls into an amiable state and makes a simple request "Bring it back to the tower hm?" Flexing mind Prosper reaches out attempting to pull at the strings of reality as he begins to whistle.

Talent activation: 1[8437]

Frustrated Prosper spits out a puff of smoke that coalesces into a glob of whipped cream as it falls to the ground below, reaching outwards with a different tactic in mind he finds the largest source of bad luck around, some kind of stick figure warrior and wrenches the ill fate away from him casting it out toward the distant airship.

Luck Manipulation: 22[8438]

Inside Paul Jenkins is sipping his afternoon tea when a crosswind strikes the airship knocking Jenkin's off his feet and sending earl grey pouring out over the controls, which quickly short out sending the airship careening backwards towards the Tower.

A little sadness enters the hollow of Prosper's body at his cruel Master wanting to kill so many people, but what the boss says goes! Oh well!

Outside the tower flavor the best flavor :v:
Rolls

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Grand Theft Ego

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Jormund

Runs.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Topseeker Creation

Name - Mika Mallory
Race - Human
Class - Gatekeeper
Health - 3d6+10 = 23
Armor - 1d6+10 = 13
Accuracy - +1
Skills -
- Teleportation
- Magitek Maintenance
- Spite
Abilities -
- Watch Your Step: Mika creates a pair of portals, one under the target, and one to drop them on something unpleasant.
- Surprise!: Mika appears behind her targets and gets in a cheap shot.
- Gatekeeper's Maintenance Closet: Mika opens a special portal back to the closet she keeps all her tools in, and grabs something helpful.
Talent - Gate Network: Creates two charges Mika can use to place permanent portals. These portals, and any others placed later, connect to eachother. Alternatively, a portal can be set to lead Nowhere, an entirely empty void, or set to exit in a entirely random location.
Motto - "Those idiots at the Academy say being a Gatekeeper isn't 'real magic'. See how they feel when a Gatekeeper is the Tower Lord."
AI Action - Avoid combat/conflict.
Mystery - Elusive, The Gate Network, Portal, Quietly, Gatekeeper, Caltrops, Blink Dog

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 26, 2015

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
A tall, gaunt figure comes to stand in the shadow of the Tower. Some eight feet tall and garbed in burgundy tunic, trousers, and hooded cloak, the newcomer shows only a cold bronze mask instead of a face, though its eyes are smooth, sea-foam green jewels that glow from some inner light. 

A barker approaches, one of the new crowd of Tower workers enlisted by Karen's leadership to run the new operation. Seeing the figure, he holds clipboard and pen ready. 

"Excuse me, uh, prospect? Can I ask you a few questions while you wait?"

Topseeker Creation

Name: Roy
Race: Prismatic Golem
Class: Genie
Health: 20
Armor: 16
Accuracy: +1
Inventory: Empty
Skills: Illuminate, Reconstruction, [Pilfer Artifacts]
Abilities: Illusion, Blinding Light, Aspect Shift
Aspect Shift: As a full action, Roy can shift his form between an uncertain number of aspects. Each aspect shares most attributes, but possesses a specific skill-set. The bracketed skill changes on a successful Aspect Shift roll.
Talent: Wish! Roy unleashes spectacular power to grant a wish, be that his own, a fellow Topseeker's, or any other entity capable of expressing a desire. 
Monkey's Paw Rule! Talent activation fails on 1, rerolls on 2, and on 3 grants a partial success. That is to say... the exact wording of the wish is fulfilled, in a twisted way. 
Motto: "Well, when you look at it that way..."
AI Action: Seek the top!
Mysteries: Brilliant, Macau, Firefly, Luckily, Croupier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lenny Mazotti was having a lovely day. He thought after several decades at the NYPD, he's seen it all.

Until the Tower. Until the complete obliteration of a village without the use of a nuke. "loving wonderful." He gets out of his Lincoln and pulls out another cigarette and walks up to the gathering crowd/oddball gang.

"So what are ya guys? Buncha mafia? Crips? Bloods? What are you doing standing around my crime scene?"

:doink:Topseeker Creation:doink:
Name - Detective Lenny Mazotti
Race - Bensonhurst
Class - NYPD Detective
Health - HP: 3d6 8 + 10 = 18
Armor - Armor: 1d6 4 + 10 = 14
Accuracy - How good at hitting stuff you are, you start at +1
Skills - Sleuthing, Interrogate, Navigate(?)
Abilities - Firearms (S&W .38 special), Too old for this poo poo (let the rookie do it, I'll follow by car), Advanced interrogation (5 minutes alone with the perp)
Talent - Right to Remain Silent - This talent arrests an individual, taking them on a trip to the Tombs! The duration is up to dogkisser, but any topseeker can be let out on bail early - provided they donate an item on their person to NY's finest.
Motto - In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime; and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.
AI Action - a gritty ny city cop
Mystery - Hearty, Hale, Hail, Heartily, Health Inspector.

• Locked thread