Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

dark_3y3 posted:

Is it finally time to unearth my Jort collection? I have been hoarding them since the 90's, awaiting for their triumphant return. Perhaps I can sell them as vintage Jorts to all the hipsters.

pm me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Did adukts ever wear jncos or were they strictly a kids and teens thing

naem
May 29, 2011

There was a brief moment when cargo pants said "I'm about to go on an actual adventure" but now mean "these are my only pants"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
chino shorts are pretty comfy and respectable but i dunno if they stopped being cool

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

naem posted:

There was a brief moment when cargo pants said "I'm about to go on an actual adventure" but now mean "these are my only pants"

Yah.
It's like wearing a frame backpack to carry your school books.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Hipsters don't understand the concept of practical shorts that fit. They'd rather wear ill fitting super tight pants with unusable pockets.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 10, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

khaki slacks

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

toggle posted:

khaki slacks

I don't approve of khaki slacks. Wear khaki chinos or else wear slacks in a normal color like charcoal imo

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

i don't like sitting on my wallet because it's uncomfortable and deforms the seat in my car. if I don't wear cargos where do I put my wallet? keep in mind that my left front pocket has a giant smartphone and my right front pocket has my keys.

Why are your keys in your pocket in the car? Also your car has many pockets to put things.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Also to the people saying just wear pants, I guess you don't live in Florida. All but about one or two weeks out of the year you will die of heat exhaustion if you wear pants here.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also LOL if you carry a giant George costanza wallet that fucks up your back. Do the card holder + money clip thing so your suits will sit right

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Also to the people saying just wear pants, I guess you don't live in Florida. All but about one or two weeks out of the year you will die of heat exhaustion if you wear pants here.

Linen pants

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Was looking for some cool guy shorts, but then realized I was old and not cool so just bought some 12 dollar dickies.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

City of Tampa posted:

no my right front pocket is reserved for my keys. when I drive it is empty, i'm not moving my wallet around when I get in and out of the car. I need a wallet pocket that is not on my butt or either of my normal front pockets. Only cargos provide this.

why the hell wouldn't you just put your keys in with your wallet? your keys are pretty easy to tell apart from your wallet and outside them having a fancy shmancy remote and poo poo aren't going to make getting your wallet handy harder.

Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
do you wear socks w/ sandals op?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Fagballzson posted:

No one has ever cared how things are in Florida or Texas.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

i didn't realize people still used wallets honestly i mean how much poo poo are you carrying around with you that you need a folding pouch for all of it? put your id bank card and greenbacks in your pocket and man the gently caress up lil pissbitch

A wallet has space for rubbers, which are something you'll never use anyway so nevermind

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

why the hell wouldn't you just put your keys in with your wallet? your keys are pretty easy to tell apart from your wallet and outside them having a fancy shmancy remote and poo poo aren't going to make getting your wallet handy harder.

if I put my keys into my pocket that already contains a wallet, the keys will go in between the layers of the wallet or will lay on top of the wallet and that poo poo will be like 4" thick. jeez

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fakeaccount posted:

A wallet has space for rubbers, which are something you'll never use anyway so nevermind

They say yoi shouldn't do this, it makes them more likely to break

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

if I put my keys into my pocket that already contains a wallet, the keys will go in between the layers of the wallet or will lay on top of the wallet and that poo poo will be like 4" thick. jeez

http://www.amazon.com/AlpineSwiss-Leather-Wallet-Super-Pocket/dp/B00AB0AX4C/

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Its too humid for sweat to cool you off and the only time there's a breeze is when you are about to die of a hurricane. How embarrassing would it be to die in shorts in a hurricane?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

how me a frog posted:

Because shorts are traditionally seen as garments for a boy, not a man. It has to do with cloth shortages in the wars, and you inherited some of that from us without really knowing what it means. Imagine being stopped by a policeman in shorts. Would you take him or her seriously? I would not. Cargo shorts are worse still because what the gently caress are you even carrying in those excessive pockets?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Ork of Fiction posted:

Yah.
It's like wearing a frame backpack to carry your school books.

maybe everything's digital now but when i was going to school my books weighed more than what i bring on a 3 night backpacking trip so actually this isn't very bad when you think about it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Here's a picture of the 2015 jort competition and one of the losers, for those who are wondering what jorts are not cool atm

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Mange Mite posted:

Also LOL if you carry a giant George costanza wallet that fucks up your back. Do the card holder + money clip thing so your suits will sit right

we're literally talking about cargo shorts and here u are talking about wearing a wallet that makes your suit fit right

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

White Noise Marine posted:

Why are your keys in your pocket in the car?

Push to start mofo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you put your wallet in your back pocket

just fuckin lol how scrub tier can you be

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Amarcarts posted:

Push to start mofo

:thurman:

gently caress, you shut down all the poors with old rear end cars itt

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Applewhite can u draw op's dick 4 me plz

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Matey posted:

Applewhite can u draw op's dick 4 me plz

8=D

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

hahahaaaa, nice

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

naem posted:

that was a very brief, almost nanosecond moment though. now its all about the 'just got back from the gym' basketball shorts attire for the 'casual hill cool guy who works out and im totally at the grocery store just now after getting out of the gym!' lookexcept often it means they're still kinda slobby chubby hairy turkey legged goons

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Volume posted:

They're the trenchcoat for legs

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Hipsters don't understand the concept of practical shorts that fit. They'd rather wear ill fitting super tight pants with unusable pockets.

Both of these statements are factual.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Doctor Dogballs posted:

we're literally talking about cargo shorts and here u are talking about wearing a wallet that makes your suit fit right

what, you switch out wallets for different outfits like girls with purses?

also the back pain thing still applies

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I prefer cargo capris.

I also have dickies cargo pants for when I go talk to clients.

Pockets are cool.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

No one has ever cared how things are in Florida or Texas.

Yeah I mean it's not like they're the second and third most heavily populated states in the country where pretty much everyone lives now or anything.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Yeah I mean it's not like they're the second and third most heavily populated states in the country where pretty much everyone lives now or anything.

The people that choose to live there only count as 3/5ths of a person.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

psyopmonkey posted:

The people that choose to live there only count as 3/5ths of a person.

Where do you live? Southern CA? Good luck with that shithole desert that a bunch of idiots decided to settle during an unsually wet period. You will have no water soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Where do you live? Southern CA? Good luck with that shithole desert that a bunch of idiots decided to settle during an unsually wet period. You will have no water soon.

I live in Portland.

I put birds on pickles. Pickles made with the water that is so abundant here.

Water privilege burn

• Locked thread