Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

MacDougall posted:

Hunt > Struve > Stipe > Hunt > Struve > Stipe > Hunt ...

I mentioned it in the GDT but Stipe, Hunt, Struve, Nelson and JdS have all fought one another at this point, which is the biggest fully connected graph of UFC fighters that I can think of (if Overeem fights JdS and Stipe, we could add him to it as well).

For the record:

JdS: 4-0
Hunt: 2-2
Stipe: 2-2
Nelson: 1-3
Struve: 1-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kanthulhu posted:

it sure worked based on my inbox

If you're going to brag about making someone mad enough to PM you about how butthurt they are, the least you can do is name and shame :colbert:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It was me, Keven, who pmed him. I was the one who became butt salty and rear end crushed.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
grace and class being shown by renan barao in equal measure: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/10/8149771/renan-barao-t-j-dillashaw-is-not-a-champion-hes-a-joker

quote:

"I looked in his eyes just to tell him, 'I will kick your rear end,'" Barao said through an interpreter in a recent media scrum. "I don't like him, because he talks a lot of sh*t. He's not a champion -- he's a joker."

[...]

"T.J. Dillashaw had one defense of the title and he thinks he's the best champion in the world," Barao said.

[...]

"He said I'm not fast," Barao said. "He said I have problems cutting weight. It's my personal life. He's not a champion, because you have to concentrate on his career, not my career.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
you think you're a champion just because you insanely kicked my rear end? wrong bitch, i'm on a diet now. you think i can't cut weight just because i got knocked out by a bathroom? this is not the behaviour of a champion.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

hahahah

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
lmao he's even aping Aldo's only thing that he knows how to say about McGregor. no'mo un'Ideas

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
that's embarrassing.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Says the non-champion

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Meowbot posted:

dont you think Stipe was punching the poo poo out of him that led to that? I remember some punches in the first that would have knocked most people out. Hunt just is too tough for his own good.

hunt has given us an awesome career I wouldnt be sad to see him go after this - no "tune up fight" is worth more brain damage. 20 years of combat sports and he needs to go out on his shield an d be happy he is alive.

That is not what "go out on your shield" means, though. It's like the exact opposite actually.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I still think mark hunt is rad even in the down times

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you think you're a champion just because you insanely kicked my rear end? wrong bitch, i'm on a diet now. you think i can't cut weight just because i got knocked out by a bathroom? this is not the behaviour of a champion.

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just got this image as a suggested page to like on facebook.

Not the most convincing argument.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

http://jezebel.com/how-a-one-armed-ronda-rousey-grappled-with-the-world-in-1703568489

ronda wrote a piece for jezebel.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bucket Joneses posted:

That is not what "go out on your shield" means, though. It's like the exact opposite actually.

Yeah, but to clarify, the statement is "come back with your shield, or on it." To go out on your shield = you died and you're being carried home on your shield. To come back without your shield = you dropped it and ran away.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

gently caress your tea kettle warmer, I thought.

truly the best Diaz.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
It's going to be fun to see Dillashaw beat Bareo so bad he swells up to the featherweight division.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

That's actually an excerpt from her book, which I believe goes on sale tomorrow. As such it's probably mostly ghost written by her sister. Great read though.
The NY Post has a pretty good write-up on the book here: http://nypost.com/2015/05/10/ronda-rousey-on-her-fathers-suicide-and-mothers-tough-love/

quote:

Inspired, Rousey took up judo, and her mom became her first coach. Here, from the book, is a typical interaction while training:

“I hurt my toe,” I said. “I think it’s broken.”

“It’s a toe,” she said dismissively.

“But it hurts,” I said, crying. “Do you have a pillow for me?”

“What the f- -k do you mean a pillow?” she asked. “Go run laps.”

I hobbled away, more hopping than running.

“I said ‘run laps,’ not ‘hop laps,’ ” my mom said. “Run.”

quote:

Her life fell into chaos. Rousey still competed and would take the bronze in the 2008 Olympics, but her relationship with her mom was rocky.

All that discipline felt suffocating, and she wanted a year off, as she writes, “to party.”

Her $10,000 prize money ran out quickly, and she got a job bartending at a theme place in Los Angeles.

Rousey began smoking and drinking heavily, often beginning her day with a cigarette and a vodka espresso. She developed a pot-and-Vicodin habit. She’d sleep in her car, and when she did find an apartment, all she could afford was a 12-by-12-foot studio.

“On more than one occasion,” she writes, “sewage would come up out of the toilet and shower, and I’d come home from work to an apartment filled with s- -t. I didn’t think I could get any lower.”

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I guess Esparza just called out Jessica Aguilar for doing steroids and said she knows someone that injected her, so that's something I guess.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

“On more than one occasion,” she writes, “sewage would come up out of the toilet and shower, and I’d come home from work to an apartment filled with s- -t. I didn’t think I could get any lower....but then I met a woman named Miesha Tate."

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Is miesha known for being a bad person or something?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Nierbo posted:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I guess Esparza just called out Jessica Aguilar for doing steroids and said she knows someone that injected her, so that's something I guess.
I know a guy that injected someone with steroids. No, I don't use this person to inject me with steroids. That would be crazy!

"It's when you point the finger, man, the finger points back to you." - Vitor Belfort

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Nierbo posted:

Not directly but Caraway is a true shithead and they share a vagina so

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

In related news, Aguilar apparently announced that she's been released from her WSOF contract, so I'm guessing she'll be in the UFC pretty soon.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

1st AD posted:

Not directly but Caraway is a true shithead and they share a vagina so

:laffo:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bucket Joneses posted:

That is not what "go out on your shield" means, though.

Yes it is?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

colonel_korn posted:

In related news, Aguilar apparently announced that she's been released from her WSOF contract, so I'm guessing she'll be in the UFC pretty soon.

Eagerly awaiting her defeat to some European prospect on Fight Pass.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Aurain posted:

If you're going to brag about making someone mad enough to PM you about how butthurt they are, the least you can do is name and shame :colbert:

It was me. I sent him goatman and a list of game of thrones spoilers

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All the good spoilers already happened though.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Aurain posted:

All the good spoilers already happened though.

There is still Danny riding the black dragon, and having it eat Tyrion Lannister.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Is goatman no longer the traditional greeting between goons?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I was in St Peter's Basilica today and took a second to check fight night results while our tour guide took a call, and I read that Hunt got his poo poo kicked in and stared up into the taunting eyes of St Helena and whispered "there is no God"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dangersim posted:

Yes it is?

Ok so you want Mark Hunt to be ritually
murdered in the octagon. I get it.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

"Going out on your shield" means going out fighting in a defeat, it has nothing to do with a ritual sacrifice or any other weird poo poo you're thinking of.

Edit: haha I don't if you could consider what he did fighting lmao-there I made the joke for you

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
"Going out on the shield" is a ref to staying home and watching marvels agents of shield instead of hitting the town, similar to a staycation.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i remember when cotto was getting furiously murdered by margarito (who ended up having illegally wrapped hands) and his corner threw in the towel. and boxing posters were complaining about how his corner should have let him go out on his shield, and continue fighting until he was completely incapacitated, like this was his last shot at glory. dude was 27.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

When Margarito stalks him across the ring and then Cotto just goes down to a knee without getting hit is one of the craziest things.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
being a ring doctor must be cool because you get hired to do your job on the unspoken basis that you must never do your job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Stand back! I'm a doctor. No, like, stand back, so we can all get a good look at this dude dying on the floor. Gnarly...

• Locked thread