Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

didn't dolan go on to riot as some sort of useless lackey

Yeah. Same with Greyscale and the others who left for Riot pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
so the only relevant person at riot from ccp is stoffer, im ok with this

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Too bad, CCP Dolan had the best name. Rest in piss, never used bad puns no non-German can ever understand. :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Libluini posted:

Too bad, CCP Dolan had the best name. Rest in piss, never used bad puns no non-German can ever understand. :(

his name wasn't a german joke it was that terrible donald duck comic that 4chan was really fond of several years ago

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

his name wasn't a german joke it was that terrible donald duck comic that 4chan was really fond of several years ago

Huh. Then I have to dock serious points, because when I saw his name, my mind made the immediate connection to the science fiction series I grew up with. It never crossed my mind his name had an even more obscure (and rather lame sounding) background. Welp, good thing he is gone now, that boring clown.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Stealth bomber with polarized torpedo launchers is another great use of polarized weapons.

Just took a look at this.

snip

Requires some CPU help to fit both the damage rigs. With the snapshot and rapid launch implants, this gets 968 DPS with a 5,713 volley. Travels 791m/s and has a sig of 42 with 1,939 EHP.

Compare that to the same fit, but with meta launchers (528dps, 4,462 volley) with 2,533 EHP. Not much of a sacrifice in terms of EHP for the huge increase in damage.

I think that's a fantastic fitting, but it's a little disingenuous to compare it to a meta fitting instead of a T2 considering polarized weapons function as T2s with respect to ammo and require the T2 skills to use the T2 ammo (right?). Nonetheless, if I was gonna go poo poo on people in a bomber, I'd use that, even though a sneeze from the pilot or an enemy would blow it up. Also, too bad we never utilized that fitting for bombless bomber fleets.

I know that polarized launchers benefit from increase rate of fire (right?) so I wonder if the second damage rig is even worth it.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I think that's a fantastic fitting, but it's a little disingenuous to compare it to a meta fitting instead of a T2 considering polarized weapons function as T2s with respect to ammo and require the T2 skills to use the T2 ammo (right?). Nonetheless, if I was gonna go poo poo on people in a bomber, I'd use that, even though a sneeze from the pilot or an enemy would blow it up. Also, too bad we never utilized that fitting for bombless bomber fleets.

I know that polarized launchers benefit from increase rate of fire (right?) so I wonder if the second damage rig is even worth it.

Fair point! T2 launchers with t2 Torps gets you to 733dps with 5,405 volley. And you might be right, with polarized launchers, should probably go with a rigor catalyst rig there. Although, arguing with myself, the rigor plus double TPer might be overkill, depending on your target.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

vyst posted:

Fyi the only BBQ you can do really well in a slow cooker is pulled pork. You need that caramelization and heavy smoke for other cuts of meat.

I would have agreed any day before today. I just did some bbq chicken thighs (bone-in) in the slow cooker and it was pretty tits.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CainFortea posted:

I think it might be a good thing that I don't remember this guy.

You think incredibly wrong. Gargant was the towering 7-foot-plus viking guy who ran CCP's e-sports things (Alliance Tournament, Worlds Collide, etc) for the last two years. CCP Wooden Tankard. Extremely pleasant, and reasonably competent, man.

He's leaving the games industry entirely, for personal reasons. It's not my place to talk publicly about those reasons, but they are totally awesome and I'm envious of him.

Libluini posted:

No idea who that is. Is CCP Dolan still there?

No. Dolan went to Riot.

With the exception of Gargant, Riot has consistently hired every single public face of the Alliance Tournament: Soundwave, Veritas, Bro, Dolan.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
BBQ is dry rub and slow cooked in a smoker. The sauce is added as a condiment.

Anything else is grilling.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

He's leaving the games industry entirely, for personal reasons. It's not my place to talk publicly about those reasons, but they are totally awesome and I'm envious of him.

didnt he say it's about a girl

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
Eve 2015: we tried to do ribs right

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
maybe he got a role in the next season of vikings :v:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm glad this thread got the opportunity to show how absolutely terrible it is through the wrongest of BBQ opinions.

Holy poo poo.

/edit

I mean, I should have shown myself to the door when someone said that ribs aren't done right unless the meat falls off the bone, but you folks sure swung for the motherfucking fences afterwards

/edit2:

When a german person has strong and founded opinions on how poo poo you are at slowcooking you need to hand in your America-card and move to Madagascar or something, jesus

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 12, 2015

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm glad this thread got the opportunity to show how absolutely terrible it is through the wrongest of BBQ opinions.

Holy poo poo.

/edit

I mean, I should have shown myself to the door when someone said that ribs aren't done right unless the meat falls off the bone, but you folks sure swung for the motherfucking fences afterwards

:agreed:

I weep for those who have never had real bbq. To be fair people only cook it in the Midwest and the south so most Americans haven't had the real deal.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

You think incredibly wrong. Gargant was the towering 7-foot-plus viking guy who ran CCP's e-sports things (Alliance Tournament, Worlds Collide, etc) for the last two years. CCP Wooden Tankard. Extremely pleasant, and reasonably competent, man.

Oh, that giant dude. I still say it's a good thing I didn't remember his name though, since I tend to remember the horrible CCP employees. And if I don't remember their name, then they're probably good folk.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
hell its just 10:15am and you guys already make me hungry for gently caress sake......

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

didn't dolan go on to riot as some sort of useless lackey

You mean like everyone else?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
stoffer actually works, afaik

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Stealth bomber with polarized torpedo launchers is another great use of polarized weapons.
Polarized torps on a stealth bomber are good. That's the reason that a polarized torp launcher is still 35-40 million each, which takes it right back to bad idea. Fit a faction point on there too while you're at it -- you too can be one of wingspan's dorks flying around in 500m bombers! Play exciting music on your youtube video to imply that ganking a barge is interesting!

DiggityDoink posted:

Stews are pretty decent.
Ain't nothing wrong with a stew, ragout, curry, fricassee, gumbo, chili, sambar, or any other kind of meat simmered with veggies. A mess of pottage. It's the majority of stuff I cook.

a) Cheap. A rack of ribs has become a premium meat because of all the he-man BBQers, especially when you consider you're paying for a ton of bones and fat that melts out. A good stew takes the cheap, lean cuts of meat and brings out flavor while tenderizing.
b) Leftovers. As I said, some ribs are amazing the day you cook them. I will eat that until I'm stuffed. But if you have extra it's back to just good the next day. Best to leave it cold and pull the meat off to make sandwiches. A stew improves on day 2.
c) Healthy. Eat your vegetables, they've got vitamins and poo poo. Stews are the second best way to eat plenty of veggies with your meat (stir-fry is best veggies).

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Klyith posted:

Play exciting music on your youtube video to imply that ganking a barge is interesting!

A post too far.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Klyith posted:

Polarized torps on a stealth bomber are good. That's the reason that a polarized torp launcher is still 35-40 million each, which takes it right back to bad idea. Fit a faction point on there too while you're at it -- you too can be one of wingspan's dorks flying around in 500m bombers! Play exciting music on your youtube video to imply that ganking a barge is interesting!

I get what you're saying, but while it's more expensive, it's not 500m. The t2 fit is 35m, the polarized is 106m. So, an extra 70m for an extra 25% dps.

I'm not suggesting it's the only fit there is, but I'm surprised you can blanket say it's a bad idea.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Properly smoked ribs will (almost, not literally) fall off the bone though:shrug:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Properly smoked ribs will (almost, not literally) fall off the bone though:shrug:

the meat is supposed to rather specifically NOT fall completely off the bone

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Guy really likes tough ribs I guess. I don't know about that boiling bullshit but if you slow-cook ribs over low heat all day they are tender and delicious, and the meat separates from the bone very easily. I guess if you cook your ribs in 20 minutes then yeah they're not going to be very tender or delicious.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

No, there's such a thing as overcooked. If you pick up the bone and the meat stays on the plate, that's what "Fall off the bone" can mean. Perfect ribs kind of play a game of chicken with that structural integrity - as tender as possible without leaving a plate full of stewed mush.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CommonShore posted:

No, there's such a thing as overcooked. If you pick up the bone and the meat stays on the plate, that's what "Fall off the bone" can mean. Perfect ribs kind of play a game of chicken with that structural integrity - as tender as possible without leaving a plate full of stewed mush.

Correct

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Yeah I didn't mean literally falling off the bone, you want to be able to pick them up and the ribs stay in one piece, but you don't want to have to gnaw on the rib to get the meat off of it. definitely a delicate balancing act, not done enough and it will be tough, too done and you're left with a shapeless mess of meat.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

orange juche posted:

Yeah I didn't mean literally falling off the bone, you want to be able to pick them up and the ribs stay in one piece, but you don't want to have to gnaw on the rib to get the meat off of it. definitely a delicate balancing act, not done enough and it will be tough, too done and you're left with a shapeless mess of meat.

Nice backpedaling you barbecue fraud

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Paging :ullerm:

I can't find the post-nerf Svipul fit - anyone got it around?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
At this rate the summer Big Goonp needs to just have everyone show up for a meat-cooking throwdown.

It would of course be called the BoB Barbeque

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Klyith posted:

Ain't nothing wrong with a stew, ragout, curry, fricassee, gumbo, chili, sambar, or any other kind of meat simmered with veggies. A mess of pottage. It's the majority of stuff I cook.

a) Cheap. A rack of ribs has become a premium meat because of all the he-man BBQers, especially when you consider you're paying for a ton of bones and fat that melts out. A good stew takes the cheap, lean cuts of meat and brings out flavor while tenderizing.
b) Leftovers. As I said, some ribs are amazing the day you cook them. I will eat that until I'm stuffed. But if you have extra it's back to just good the next day. Best to leave it cold and pull the meat off to make sandwiches. A stew improves on day 2.
c) Healthy. Eat your vegetables, they've got vitamins and poo poo. Stews are the second best way to eat plenty of veggies with your meat (stir-fry is best veggies).

Agreed. I'd rather eat lean meat and vegetables than fatty meat with sugared sauce poured all over it. I like slow cooked meat but not the super fatty stuff.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

CommonShore posted:

The meat should hold together long enough to carefully extract the rack of ribs from the grill/BBQ pit/smoker and then for movement from the serving plate to the plate you're eating off of because you don't want it to fall off onto the floor.

At the point it arrives on the actual eating plate, it should have just enough grip left on the bone that you can basically just pull it off the bone gently with your teeth.

Also, has anyone ever tried smoking a cheese? I have a recipe for this but I'm sort of afraid I'll end up with a melted mess in my grill.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

the meat is supposed to rather specifically NOT fall completely off the bone

grumplestiltzkin posted:

(almost, not literally)

reading is hard:downs:

Would it helped if I had just said "they will figuratively fall off the bone"? Like, yes you dont want to overcook them, but if you're so :spergin: that you don't understand that "fall off the bone" is a figurative expression then... wait, this is the eve thread, of course you're that autistic.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I get what you're saying, but while it's more expensive, it's not 500m. The t2 fit is 35m, the polarized is 106m. So, an extra 70m for an extra 25% dps.

I'm not suggesting it's the only fit there is, but I'm surprised you can blanket say it's a bad idea.
I said to add a faction point too, so 300m. ;)

Yes I was being hyperbolic, it's not a bad idea. But when I look at a polarized uboat bomber the question I have is: what exactly can it kill that a normal torp bomber can't? Uboat bombers are generally looking for targets that can't easily engage back. PVE ships, barges, targets of opportunity like that. How often will having 25% more dps allow you to take a fight that a normal bomber would lose? Conversely, how often will the extra 90m on your fit make you think twice about a target that you'd roll the dice on normally?

I guess it's totally worth doing for a blops hotdrop team where you likely will get shot back and the idea is overwhelming dps to end it quickly and get out.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 12, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

Agreed. I'd rather eat lean meat and vegetables than fatty meat with sugared sauce poured all over it. I like slow cooked meat but not the super fatty stuff.

wow pooki never had good food i never would have guessed

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I can't wait when we get to the argument over how many notches towards "darker" or "lighter" on a toaster is truly "toasted" and superior when it comes to making toast or toasting things. :nexus:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

The dreaded space criminal THE GOVENOR SHREDS visits the elderly for the holidays.

also we got counter counter counter hot dropped by shadow cartel and we all died horribly while laughing so hard we were crying a little (we were crying cause we are bad)

there arnt enough teams on any killboard tool to make this BR make sense
https://zkillboard.com/related/30003833/201505110300/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

dialhforhero posted:

I can't wait when we get to the argument over how many notches towards "darker" or "lighter" on a toaster is truly "toasted" and superior when it comes to making toast or toasting things. :nexus:

Shut up Andupor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

PathAsc posted:

Hell yeah, pickling is art.

A former coworker of mine has a smoke house and when he does some in there I sneak in some vegetables for the pickling. In the end it gives the eggs a hint if bacon.

• Locked thread