Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
that seems like a good way to actually get a job using her law degree :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I know two lawyers who are pizzaboys.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
http://www.gofundme.com/NewEnglandPatriots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I don't think law degrees are worth poo poo right now.

There would be worse options. Like joining the army.

However, Bolow's sister, you could get raped.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

get hosed pats

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

that seems like a good way to actually get a job using her law degree :shrug:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if they have a law degree then the military might be the only way to find a decent job these days

buddy of mine who was in the peace corp for 2 years and did very well in college/law school took 3 years to find a decent job in NYC. Tons of firms are hiring new graduates of law schools on as a paralegal

honestly if you can get paid as a lawyer in the mil then gently caress it, go for it. might be one of the best options you have these days

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Imagine that I posted that picture of my lawyer friend who's $340,000 in debt from student loans.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Bolow posted:

someone help me convince my sister that commissioning as an officer in the air force with a law degree is a dumb loving idea tia

i already tried "the military is super gay and being a civilian owns"

Well there is always the options of giving me her number and i could make you an uncle...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Nvm

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Bolow posted:

someone help me convince my sister that commissioning as an officer in the air force with a law degree is a dumb loving idea tia

It's certainly not the dumbest thing she could do. AF isn't that much different from a civilian corporate bureaucracy. She'll get to do a broader range of law, get more responsibility and experience more quickly, and maybe get on the '10 year public service and your law loans are paid off' program. ActusRhesus and Defleshed were/are JAGs. AR is on vacation, and Defleshed hasn't been around for a couple months, but you might PM them? I can answer what I can, but I started the process in the late 80s, so my knowledge may be a bit on the 'musket firing party' side of current.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

She should enlist.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mr. Nice! posted:

She should enlist.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

She should enlist.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Bolow posted:

There are few things I've heard worse opinions of in the last 15 years than "Join the Military!"

"Get a law degree!!!"* is on that list.

*Without having someone else pay for it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Imagine that I posted that picture of my lawyer friend who's $340,000 in debt from student loans.

She exhausted her GI Bill and only wound up $80,000 in debt :v:

joat mon posted:

It's certainly not the dumbest thing she could do. AF isn't that much different from a civilian corporate bureaucracy. She'll get to do a broader range of law, get more responsibility and experience more quickly, and maybe get on the '10 year public service and your law loans are paid off' program. ActusRhesus and Defleshed were/are JAGs. AR is on vacation, and Defleshed hasn't been around for a couple months, but you might PM them? I can answer what I can, but I started the process in the late 80s, so my knowledge may be a bit on the 'musket firing party' side of current.

I'm mostly just giving her poo poo about becoming a noble, but yeah it's basically the only way she's going to get a job with a law degree anyway.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Mr. Nice! posted:

She should enlist.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

There are few things I've heard worse opinions of in the last 15 years than "Join the Military!"

"Get a law degree!!!"* is on that list.

*Without having someone else pay for it.

She did both :cripes:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'll make her an E4 in the reserves as a 12V

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
I know a dude with a law degree who works at Home Depot as a lowly sales associate.

Nigga couldn't even get department management lmao.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Bolow posted:

I'm mostly just giving her poo poo about becoming a noble, but yeah it's basically the only way she's going to get a job with a law degree anyway.
Fuuuaaahahahahahahaha

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Saw Age of Ultron today. Enjoyed it. I liked that they had a lot of good team spots where one of them would set up a badguy for another to take down, really made it seem like they had been working together for a long time. Also that they let Jeremy Renner turn on the charm and flesh out his character a bit.

James Spader as Ultron was undeniably good, but I was still a little disappointed. When I read comics as a kid, Ultron was one of the scariest bad guys because he was implacable and powerful as a nuclear missile in flight, mankind's technology bent to mankind's destruction. Reminded me of a cross between a T-800 and AM from "I Have No Mouth and Must Scream." Spader's take felt like a metal version of his character from Blacklist, which was still fun, but I think it took away a bit of his edge to have him get angry and sarcastic.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Join the Air Force: Get Raped

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

Join the DoD: Get Raped

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Bolow posted:

She can pay that off in 6 years if she tries even a little bit. Less if she deploys.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Holy poo poo I knew a law degree was a bad idea but gently caress

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I have a buddy that fumbled around for like a decade in undergrad, finally gets his bachelors and decides the best step he can take in life is to go to law school. He gets accepted to Whittier somehow, pretty sure his dad had to donate an obscene amount of money for that to happen, but that's pure speculation at this point.

He makes it through law school, again not sure how. Spends all of the lead time up to the state bar exam playing league of legends and is surprised to find out he didn't pass the bar! I can't imagine how you can do that and not kill yourself in shame afterwards.

Also not sure how you missed the memo that law school is a BAD IDEA. It's only been passed around for the last 10 years.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If you don't go to a top ten school then you're hosed. Plain and simple.

My buddy went to Fordham for law school, and like I said before, he did two years of Peace Corp after getting his undergrad, speaks 3 languages, did internships in Italy and South Korea, and is basically the smartest person I know. It took him 3 years in NYC of throwing his resume at every listing he saw before he got a job.

Unless you can get into a firm out of law school through your family right away, gently caress that noise.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

holocaust bloopers posted:

Im imagining this is her:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

HOLY poo poo

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/13/clarkson-hammond-may-netflix-house-of-cars/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000015

quote:

Clarkson, Hammond and May in talks with Netflix for House of Cars

Yes, you read that headline correctly. If a report from The Daily Mirror is correct, the former hosts and executive producer of the BBC's Top Gear are preparing a new series with streaming giant Netflix that will be called – wait for it – House of Cars. We motion that the first star in the reasonably priced car be Kevin Spacey, although only if he's in character as Frank Underwood.

Now, take this all with a grain of salt, and not only because it comes from a tabloid like The Mirror. The three hosts were most recently seen meeting with the director of television at BBC rival ITV, meaning they're likely cultivating a number of options to get back on the tele. Both ITV and Netflix have long been rumored as eventual destinations for the three hosts.

But a source that The Mirror identified as a "pal" of the former TG team indicated that there could be trouble with a move to ITV. The broadcaster relies on advertising revenue, unlike the Beeb and Netflix, which are funded by the license fees of British citizens and subscriptions, respectively.

"The headache with ITV is going to be the potential conflicts of interest with advertisers. What would they do if Jaguar or Volvo had a sponsorship deal but they wanted to berate its latest new car?" the source told The Mirror. "Jeremy doesn't like being told what to do. It could cause huge arguments."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Joining the US military has been a bad idea for a while too.

Valley Forge

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Thank you Allah

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My folks are having a chicken coop delivered tomorrow morning and I gotta be there to help set up. Been a while since I got up before 8.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Equine Don posted:

Thank you Allah

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I cant remember the last time i drank rum but within 48 hours of posting in gip for the first time in like 3 years here I am drinking rum. thanks guys.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i spent march-april in rehab lol. Fuckers.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I cant remember the last time i drank rum but within 48 hours of posting in gip for the first time in like 3 years here I am drinking rum. thanks guys.

it's like old times, bud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNyyy6BDVY

life owns

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I haven't had a day off in three weeks. I need to drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

fun fact i'm listening to queen for like past hour.

• Locked thread