Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
This game has been bad so far but really it looks very little different from any other DC game this year. Except for Bill didn't make a wonder save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
when the gently caress did espn start calling orlando the ultraviolets. that poo poo sucks

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Wait, so, cross the line?

Is Live playing the don't cross the line video back to back, again and again for anyone else?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Reject posted:

when the gently caress did espn start calling orlando the ultraviolets. that poo poo sucks

That sounds like a terrible name for an Orlando SG

El Jebus posted:

Wait, so, cross the line?

Is Live playing the don't cross the line video back to back, again and again for anyone else?

Wait, the game isn't on Live because it's on ESPN2 (unless you're doing geolocation hax). I'm watching TOR-MTL on Live though.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC look like poo poo and I hope they sub Kemp off. Dude is a liability. It's Halsti time.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

That sounds like a terrible name for an Orlando SG

Wait, the game isn't on Live because it's on ESPN2 (unless you're doing geolocation hax). I'm watching TOR-MTL on Live though.

Yeah, I don't have cable so I use Hola.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
West Virginia Chaos mentioned on air woop woop

Also, DC are trash. Everything is going through Franklin or Kemp and they just aren't good enough so far.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

whypick1 posted:

Sup Canada match watching buddy.

5 goals so far!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Opare is a big dude, nice strong header!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

poo poo forgot they'd win on away goals. gently caress away goals

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Surprised Rolfe was able to get on the end of that.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

!!!!!!!! That was a nice goal by Rolfe god drat

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That goal was loving sick. Sweet ball, sweet finish

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
welp, guess this is what happens when half your team are still teenagers.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I can just feel the Orlando players hating Turner with all their heart as he allowed that goal and weakly appealed for offside.

Reject
Nov 4, 2002

joshtothemaxx posted:

I can just feel the Orlando players hating Turner with all their heart as he allowed that goal and weakly appealed for offside.

kid is 19 and playing out of position. doubt anyone blames him all that much.

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
let's see if orlando brings some 90th minute bullshit (probably not, gently caress)

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh look, DC is bad

*Chris Rolfe*

Oh look, DC is good

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh look, DC is bad

*Chris Rolfe*

Oh look, DC is good

It's insane how much better the team got with him and Aguilar on. Oh and when Collin got injured.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh look, DC is bad

*Chris Rolfe*

Oh look, DC is good

I'm mad about him and Duka kicking rear end as soon as they leave Chicago. I guess Soumare being poo poo evens it out.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Paddyb posted:

I'm mad about him and Duka kicking rear end as soon as they leave Chicago. I guess Soumare being poo poo evens it out.

Rolfe is an Olsen player. Which is to say he doesn't need coaching so much as motivation. Those are the players that thrive in our system, which is why guys like EJ who need the tactical pass, guys like Salihi and Boskovic who excel in finesse rather than workrate...veterans with instincts are how we've gotten where we are. Academy is strong, first team is strong. But we need hard workers.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Rolfe is an Olsen player. Which is to say he doesn't need coaching so much as motivation. Those are the players that thrive in our system, which is why guys like EJ who need the tactical pass, guys like Salihi and Boskovic who excel in finesse rather than workrate...veterans with instincts are how we've gotten where we are. Academy is strong, first team is strong. But we need hard workers.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Workrate is clearly not enough, or Lionard Pajoy would have won us an MLS Cup. Unless you're suggesting that what we need is players who are already good, which while true seems unsatisfying.

Also, Boskovic was awesome and I am sad he is gone :(

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

guppy posted:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Workrate is clearly not enough, or Lionard Pajoy would have won us an MLS Cup. Unless you're suggesting that what we need is players who are already good, which while true seems unsatisfying.

Also, Boskovic was awesome and I am sad he is gone :(

You got it. Olsen can use finished products only. He can't make them better.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Soccer is on tonight! Come on you Fires

Cocis and Palmer are starting, so those are both good signs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hello Towel posted:

Soccer is on tonight! Come on you Fires

Cocis and Palmer are starting, so those are both good signs.

I hope they destroy false NY.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I know people like to make jokes about NYCFC's field, but I didn't realize how terrible it actually is. It's like a U-12 field.

And Chicago scores, but it's offside.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Was he actually offside? Because it sure didn't look it.

Hello Towel posted:

I know people like to make jokes about NYCFC's field, but I didn't realize how terrible it actually is. It's like a U-12 field.

When I was there I was certain I could probably touch the 18 yard box from the corner flag if I was just a little bit more limber.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
Is the audio a few seconds ahead of the video for anyone else on the SAP feed for UDN?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That was a good lesson in the offside(s) rule.

Chicago look good from what I've seen.

*knocksonwood*

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
*sproutswood*

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The first non-goal was really offside.

Thanks for the free goal, Josh. :woop:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yep, totally meant to do that.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Chicago should have scored about three times in that sequence. Finish those chances, guys!

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Red card for NYCFC and a penalty

Yessss

And it's 2-0 Chicago

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:woop::woop::woop::woop::supaburn::toot:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
NYCFC are the worst team I've ever seen, and I've seen 2013 DC. Unbelievably awful. Poor choices, poor organization, absolutely no ideas except fouls and cards. Utter poo poo. Deplorable. Fold them immediately and spare us any more of this wretched excuse of a club.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Looked more like a red on Saunders.

So they pull an attacker and put in a defender. You're gonna park the bus down 2?

Riven fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 16, 2015

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The red was kinda soft, but whatever. It's always stupid to make a tackle in that position.

I'll take it

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
THIS TEAM MAKES CHICAGO LOOK GOOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Riven posted:

Looked more like a red on Saunders.

His punishment is that he has to keep playing.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

NYCFC are the worst team I've ever seen, and I've seen 2013 DC. Unbelievably awful. Poor choices, poor organization, absolutely no ideas except fouls and cards. Utter poo poo. Deplorable. Fold them immediately and spare us any more of this wretched excuse of a club.

I just realized something: I know there's the Man City ties, but NYCFC's primary color shouldn't be powder blue, it needs to be green, because they are the Jets.

• Locked thread