Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexel posted:

What about that Nut Custard guy who wanted to camp gates in lowsec with blaster megas, he got purged didnt he?

It takes an awful lot to get banned from GFSC. Even that guy who decided he was going to get into a screaming match with adj and then crowed about how proud he was that mittens went and talked to him and his ceo about his lovely behaviour did not get banned until months later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Nietzschean posted:

It takes an awful lot to get banned from GFSC. Even that guy who decided he was going to get into a screaming match with adj and then crowed about how proud he was that mittens went and talked to him and his ceo about his lovely behaviour did not get banned until months later.

Was that Rofl Knife?

Please tell me that was Rofl Knife.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

Was that Rofl Knife?

Please tell me that was Rofl Knife.

What happened to Rofl Knife?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

various cheeses posted:

What happened to Rofl Knife?

Nothing happens to Rofl Knife because he's not in any squads or sigs anymore, because he's annoying and bad, even by goon standards.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I only vaguely remember who he is, from some topgoon caps.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

That show is on borrowed time. Has been for over a decade.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

various cheeses posted:

I only vaguely remember who he is, from some topgoon caps.

I mostly remember who he is because he was a shitlord and mouthed off to theadj one time, which was met with predictable results.

#freetheadj

(yes I know he left of his own accord before the inevitable three directors come out and correct me)

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Sounds about right.

Also I am pumped as hell that Don said something about blackops making GBS threads on MoA at the topgoon meeting last night. I absolutely want to be a part of that.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

SPEAKING OF TOPGOON

Topgoon is dead, long live Top Goon.

(we're rebranding and refocusing, look at our TWR post and join topgoon)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

If soth doesn't play up some sort of Top Gun gimmick as much as humanly possible I will be extremely personally disappointed in him.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

It'll be more flight school than top gun.

I still say we should stick to ECM heavy fleets, as a callback to the camping days.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

various cheeses posted:

I still say we should stick to ECM heavy fleets, as a callback to the camping days.

Never undock without a 1:1 DPS:Falcons ratio

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Everyone join Top Goon and learn how to play and then join Hole Squad, we are bad.

Unless you're a racist, in which case go to Black Ops.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

ChickenWing posted:

Never undock without a 1:1 DPS:Falcons ratio

I trained a falcon and took it to a roam.

Best time I ever had, then I got pointed and *bloop* gone...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Hexel posted:

You're also a freak of nature who enjoys warping around 20 times in pods and shuttles to gank a freighter solo and had no qualms about stealing 200b from warr akini and defecting to dank meme central :colbert:

I'm not even surprised that the recent influx of EX-TEST corporations has made black legion the majority sov holder in fountain.

ZekeNY posted:

Sure, but these are the same people who thought it would result in the death of the Eeevil Gon Empire [sic], and still can't wrap their minds around the notion that the largest and best-organized group was (shockingly enough) in the best position to adapt to these changes and prosper from them.

But FA is dead and the CFC no longer exists. NCdotte won.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

SPEAKING OF TOPGOON

Topgoon is dead, long live Top Goon.

(we're rebranding and refocusing, look at our TWR post and join topgoon)

Topgoon is the best sig, I spent my newbiehood being told i was bad at eve and to eat more chili by papa konno :3:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

xutech posted:

I wonder how Ankhesentakempah's doing these days.

In case you really do wonder.
Still being creative with her CV, apparently.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 14, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know the OP says solipsism or whatever is dumb but I'm antisocial as hell by nature. There much gameplay fun that can be had in/around goonspace by someone who prefers playing alone, or is it still more or less limited to 'watch chat, X up and hope you don't get killed first when you arrive wherever half an hour later'?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I know the OP says solipsism or whatever is dumb but I'm antisocial as hell by nature. There much gameplay fun that can be had in/around goonspace by someone who prefers playing alone, or is it still more or less limited to 'watch chat, X up and hope you don't get killed first when you arrive wherever half an hour later'?

It's never been limited to that , it's even better now that you get paid to die. So go fly off brave sir lone wolf and die in fw or to gate camps to your hearts content! This includes varrying levels of pve as well.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

various cheeses posted:

Top gun is a flight school.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Zasze posted:

Topgoon is the best sig, I spent my newbiehood being told i was bad at eve and to eat more chili by papa konno :3:

Wait, doesn't Konno the king of hellfire chili making? I feel like that's a mixed-message.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Hexel posted:

What about that Nut Custard guy who wanted to camp gates in lowsec with blaster megas, he got purged didnt he?

Reading Nut Custard fleet composition proposals was the best part of getting into the spy lounge.

(I still have no idea what people are talking about with Lyris getting kicked out of GSFC, that was definitely not him)

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

I'm not even surprised that the recent influx of EX-TEST corporations has made black legion the majority sov holder in fountain.

Burn Fountain 2016, coming soon to a region near you!

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Gotta jump on that Mad Max train before it leaves the station tomorrow at midnight.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

There's a far bit of soloable content but most of it is poo poo. You can solo pvp but even most solo dudes have corps, participate in small gang and fleet stuff. The social aspect of this game is huge.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm a little sad that this isn't a Doink production :smith:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Neat, but not as good as Steve Galaxius' vids.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:vince:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Voyager I posted:

Reading Nut Custard fleet composition proposals was the best part of getting into the spy lounge.

Reading Pooki Bear fleet composition proposals is the worst part of my job. :smithfrog:

(love you pooki)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Edit; wish we had someone capable of this level of good posting in miniluv.

Edit2; the video not the response but the response is good too

Fake edit 3; see what I mean?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wolfy posted:

There's a far bit of soloable content but most of it is poo poo. You can solo pvp but even most solo dudes have corps, participate in small gang and fleet stuff. The social aspect of this game is huge.

Sort of what I remembered, thanks. I never really managed to have a good time in gangs and fleets back then, even small ones, so I don't suspect that'll have changed much.

Sad, really--I love EVE to death in theory. :smith:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

The social aspect is what makes EVE. Some games have soloable content that can passably keep you interested, but EVE's gameplay is generally poo poo all around. However, get 10-20 anti-social basement dwellers together and let some crazy rear end idea emerge and you'll be in for some of the most fun you can have for $15/month (or $0 if you can channel that inner self-loathing into some genuine misanthropy and talk unsuspecting idiots out of their hard earned isk.)

I've been enjoying the hell out of just sitting on mumble and chatting with people even when I'm not doing something in game. There's no quota for keying up time on mumble. You can just hang out and ask for occasional help and that'd be enough.

edit: woops, too slow

Ciaphas posted:

Sort of what I remembered, thanks. I never really managed to have a good time in gangs and fleets back then, even small ones, so I don't suspect that'll have changed much.

Sad, really--I love EVE to death in theory. :smith:

Seriously, sitting around hoping for a fleet to form up and then waiting on gates for 2 hours while boat "gets a warp in" is lame. Hang out in Theta, shoot red boxes for space gold and jump into impromptu homeland defense fleets when the eastern europeans get feisty. Goonwaffe exists to make EVE fun for goons, not to press gang you into doing a bunch of stuff you don't want to do. If you've got an idea of what in EVE is fun to you, come test that theory. If it's high-sec mission running, waffe probably isn't the best place for that, but for almost anything else, there will be people that would be willing to get in on whatever crazy idea you've got.

second edit: That's as far as I'll go to cheerlead someone into playing EVE. I can't *make* the game fun for someone who doesn't want it to be. A huge part of that experience in EVE is social and that's what makes the game such a big deal to the people who play it. The fun is there to be had, however one would have to want to participate in it for it to be successful.

koreban fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 15, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DisgracelandUSA posted:

destoration?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

koreban posted:

Seriously, sitting around hoping for a fleet to form up and then waiting on gates for 2 hours while boat "gets a warp in" is lame. Hang out in Theta, shoot red boxes for space gold and jump into impromptu homeland defense fleets when the eastern europeans get feisty. Goonwaffe exists to make EVE fun for goons, not to press gang you into doing a bunch of stuff you don't want to do. If you've got an idea of what in EVE is fun to you, come test that theory. If it's high-sec mission running, waffe probably isn't the best place for that, but for almost anything else, there will be people that would be willing to get in on whatever crazy idea you've got.

second edit: That's as far as I'll go to cheerlead someone into playing EVE. I can't *make* the game fun for someone who doesn't want it to be. A huge part of that experience in EVE is social and that's what makes the game such a big deal to the people who play it. The fun is there to be had, however one would have to want to participate in it for it to be successful.

Funny enough I don't think I ever was in a DBRB fleet. He was a thing two years ago right? The guy with the loud dog, that's him right? :v:

Yeah, EVE probably just isn't for me, as much as I wish it was/want it to be. I've always been too much of a basement-dweller, and (possibly more importantly) too much of a theme park MMO player as opposed to a sandbox player. I never did find much in EVE that jumped out at me and said "YES, YES, THIS IS AWESOME" at the time--besides getting a new, bigger ship, anyway.

Still, no harm besides 15bux in giving it another look one of these weekends, I suppose.

(ed) It DOES warm the cold dead cockles of my heart to see goonkind be so incredibly successful in the game though.

(ed again) Actually that was only half true, I always wanted to do successful manufacture and sales, but anything beyond buy low/sell high makes my head hurt. :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 15, 2015

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

NovemberMike posted:

Top gun is a flight school.

Oops I mean top goon of olde

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The youtube bars at 1:58 make this.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, EVE probably just isn't for me, as much as I wish it was/want it to be. I've always been too much of a basement-dweller, and (possibly more importantly) too much of a theme park MMO player as opposed to a sandbox player.

If you're into theme park stuff, ask about running deadspace complexes. It's basically as close as eve gets to a "raid".

quote:

Still, no harm besides 15bux in giving it another look one of these weekends, I suppose.

Nope. Send a message to Courthouse when you get situated in corp. I'll be happy to help you out getting to goo space or getting into a ship to start off with.

quote:

(ed again) Actually that was only half true, I always wanted to do successful manufacture and sales, but anything beyond buy low/sell high makes my head hurt. :v:

We have people and applications that can help make this really easy for you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh yeah, Exploration too. I remember wanting to try that but the cost of entry (in terms of skills) being kind of high or something.

Exploration's what you need to find those complexes too, right?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Ciaphas posted:

Oh yeah, Exploration too. I remember wanting to try that but the cost of entry (in terms of skills) being kind of high or something.

Exploration's what you need to find those complexes too, right?

You can train in to exploration in literally like 4 hours. It's obviously a bit longer if you want to fly t2 exploration ships but even that is like a week or two training max. If you like doing solo stuff wormhole daytripping for exploration is probably the most interesting pve option that isn't skill intensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Offer to throw lots of space gold at Steve Galaxius.

edit: I tried to analyze the video as an exploration of the relationship between Hole Squad, Whole Squid, Goons, and wormhole space as a whole, but it's probably more about explosions and the hot moms and mandozer references.

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 15, 2015

• Locked thread