Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Flamethrower guitar guy just keeps on shredding no matter what, it was a pretty good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
Good movie

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
If there's no Gyro Captains, it's no good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i get that they were hosed up on radiation and drank boob milk a bunch for it but where did the radiation come from in the first place

also those stilt guys owned

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I saw it, it loving owns.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

JebanyPedal posted:

Also Patton Oswalt is a stupid loving bitch idiot moron who I hate very much and should seriously shut his stupid loving god drat mouth, I swear that idiot is like the loving dumb retard who has to pipe in with his stupid bitch opinion and worthless attempt to be funny, just like the fat kid you always knew in highschool, what a shame, what a loving disgrace, someone remove this human stain from my sight.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Ok I saw it in imax 3d it really owned a lot

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bold Robot posted:

Ok I saw it in imax 3d it really owned a lot

You didn't see poo poo if you saw it in 3D unbelievably loving human being.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

JebanyPedal posted:

You didn't see poo poo if you saw it in 3D unbelievably loving human being.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

captainoblivious posted:

Flamethrower guitar guy just keeps on shredding no matter what, it was a pretty good movie.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

JebanyPedal posted:

Also Patton Oswalt is a stupid loving bitch idiot moron who I hate very much and should seriously shut his stupid loving god drat mouth, I swear that idiot is like the loving dumb retard who has to pipe in with his stupid bitch opinion and worthless attempt to be funny, just like the fat kid you always knew in highschool, what a shame, what a loving disgrace, someone remove this human stain from my sight.

What did he say about max

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

was real bummed about the fate of the pursuit special

real bummed

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Geoff Zahn posted:

What did he say about max

He said something positive about seeing in 3D which renders him a loving SHITHEADED TWERP IDIOT MORON.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also he's generally annoying af and is one of the people that people always quote when some tragedy or something happens and it's always some pithy reductionist hopeful bullshit that you say your truly homo friends post on Facebook like it'd be perfected in an artifacted jpeg with an image of a sunset behind it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

JebanyPedal posted:

Also he's generally annoying af and is one of the people that people always quote when some tragedy or something happens and it's always some pithy reductionist hopeful bullshit that you say your truly homo friends post on Facebook like it'd be perfected in an artifacted jpeg with an image of a sunset behind it.

hes made that poo poo his career at this point and its loving disgusting and sad and i hope he dies

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

mad max thread full of people complaining about the mouse from a pixar cartoon

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

was patton oswalt the people eater I thought that guy looked familiar

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

was patton oswalt the people eater I thought that guy looked familiar

he was the little brother a la master of blaster fame

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blue Raider posted:

was real bummed about the fate of the pursuit special

real bummed

:agreed:

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
I'm gonna go see it in 3D because 3D is cool

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

mad max thread full of people complaining about the mouse from a pixar cartoon

What

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

also im glad they didnt get the hot blonde back, it wouldve felt contrived

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Blue Raider posted:

i get that they were hosed up on radiation and drank boob milk a bunch for it but where did the radiation come from in the first place

also those stilt guys owned

The intro mentioned nuclear bombs and had a very brief shot of some trees getting hit by a shockwave from a bomb. It was left open as to who nuked who and why.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wanna go see this at the drive in but they are so far only playing it with really lovely looking comedies. I will probably go anyway and just loving leave before the lovely comedy starts this movie sounds like it's worth the "wasted" ticket price.

Seriously those other movies looked so lovely that "losing" money sounds more appealing than watching them to get my money's worth.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is the best action movie ever made.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

88h88 posted:

The intro mentioned nuclear bombs and had a very brief shot of some trees getting hit by a shockwave from a bomb. It was left open as to who nuked who and why.

They go over this in Thunderdome and Road Warrior. The world ran out of gas, all the countries freaked out, and everyone nuked each other trying to get it all for themselves.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

88h88 posted:

it's set in australia how much explanation do you really need of it being a wasteland full of hosed up mutants

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

G'DAY MATE OOR ROIGHT GOT ME A TINNY ON THE BARBIE

PISSING HELL A HUNTSMAN DONE BIT ME BLOODY ARM OFF

gently caress OFF WE'RE FULL, AT'S WHAT WE SHOULD TELL EM BOAT FACKERS

AAAAA I JUST WANTED TO SEE SOME KANGAROOOOOOOOOOOS

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

This is the best action movie ever made.

one of the better ones yeah

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

oh so Rammstein is in this movie? that owns extremely hard

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

it seemed like the people who made the movie watched the first 3 movies and pretty much said "okay, let's just take the best loving parts of all the mad max movies and make it into its own movie"

easily the best action movie i've seen in a long, long time.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i just got home and i feel physically drained from a movie that has thoroughly owned me and any wretched children that come from my loins at a future date

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Business Gorillas posted:

"okay, let's just take the best loving parts of all the mad max movies and make it into its own movie"

i.e. the car chases

because the movie is, literally, a two-hour-long car chase with like ten minutes of intro getting up to speed

some of that ten minutes is also car chase, come to think

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

it seemed like the people who made the movie watched the first 3 movies and pretty much said "okay, let's just take the best loving parts of all the mad max movies and make it into its own movie"

easily the best action movie i've seen in a long, long time.

By "the people hwo made the movie" do you mean "the same writer/director/producer who wrote/directed/produced all four Mad Max movies?" Because it's the same guy who did all of them, including this one.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a dumb piece of poo poo and haven't seen The Road Warrior or Thunderdome (have seen original Mad Max, tho), so while I may not be the most educated opinion on the matter I'd just like to say I loved the gently caress out of this movie. As an action movie it blew the Avengers clear out of its stupid shiny spandexy waters. Holy balls. Someone go see the film please.

I have seen all the other Mad Max movies and will def be seeing this one. Your review just confirms what I've been hearing about it. I'm sure it will rock my socks off.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
This movie was absolutely :krad:

I'm strapping my body to a huge V8 and I'm going to run it at max throttle until the vibrations kill me

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Has he really got a weeding fork strapped to his face?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

tardwrangler posted:

Has he really got a weeding fork strapped to his face?

actual muzzles made for humans are in very short supply in the post-apocalyptic wasteland

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Aust cinema has a long tradition of digging poo poo out of the back shed, rounding up a bunch of scary looking ferals and yelling "action".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Best Zephyr ever

These are from the Cars That Ate Paris, the great granddaddy of Max filmsl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread