Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
HOT take here, but I truly do think that once Lynch retires, Seattle will convert to a passing-first offense, and Wilson will flourish. It will probably take a year or two to convert to get an offensive line that's focused on pass protection and WRs that are actual threats and not UDFA diamonds in the rough, but once that happens Russell will start throwin' more and become a legit QB. He's not gonna be Andrew Luck, but he'll still be a top 5-10 QB. That's not to say they won't abandon the read-option, and they'll still have parts of the running game that will be important, but it'll become more balanced after Lynch's departure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So the Seahawks are either going to franchise or let Wilson walk huh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
On the flip side - I actually agree with you on 3rd and short. I definitely need to see more from him, as well as lazor actually.

Our play calling sometimes has me so utterly baffled I wonder if the radio is down and we just wing it

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

AAA DOLFAN posted:

On the flip side - I actually agree with you on 3rd and short. I definitely need to see more from him, as well as lazor actually.

Our play calling sometimes has me so utterly baffled I wonder if the radio is down and we just wing it

They don't let Tannehill audible either. I always thought that was the dumbest thing about Sherman and Philbin.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tannehill is good and I'd rather have him than Andy Dalton.

EJ Manuel is bad, but I think his badness is overstated. Guy has less than a full season of games under his belt and pretty much every facet of the Bills' offense regressed under Doug Marrone. But he's cooked because, uh, Rex gonna Rex.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Rapoport is saying it's 4 / 77, 45 in guarantees, 25 fully guaranteed.

Not bad money and lol at how much luck / wilson / newton are gonna get

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
News: Chargers president Dean Spanos has relinquished control over the team's business and football operations to his sons A.G. and John.

Views: Nepotism

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Really happy with the Tannehill extension. But then I'm much higher on him than most of the rest of the forums and think Parker's going to be perfect for him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Burger Trench posted:

EJ Manuel is bad, but I think his badness is overstated. Guy has less than a full season of games under his belt and pretty much every facet of the Bills' offense regressed under Doug Marrone. But he's cooked because, uh, Rex gonna Rex.

EJ was drafted 3 rounds early and should have been treated like a project QB. He never really had a chance given the circumstances he was dealt. I doubt there is saving him and you're right, Rex certainly isn't going to help that.

tarbrush posted:

Really happy with the Tannehill extension. But then I'm much higher on him than most of the rest of the forums and think Parker's going to be perfect for him.

I'm with you. If Winston turns out as good as Tannehill I'd be happy. I'd even take him over Cam.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. A guy with a catch radius of 18 feet is exactly what he needs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

Pay Russell Wilson you useless fucks

If Lil' Russ wants payment he shouldn't have thrown that INT.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Q: How much is it worth to not be starting Matt Moore / Chad Henne / Broken Pennington / Cleo Lemon / Joey Harrington / Gus Frerotte or AJ Feeley every week?

A: About $16 million a year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

quote:

31. Texans, Ryan Mallett

Bill O’Brien had an amazing first year as the Texans’ head coach, but his approach to the quarterback position leaves something to be desired. He’s jettisoned Ryan Fitzpatrick in favor of two inferior players, Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer. Mallett and Hoyer’s secret sauce was playing for O’Brien in New England, an accident of history that apparently makes them more qualified to quarterback in Houston than anyone else. It’s not that Fitzpatrick is some sort of elite option himself, but O’Brien has now wed himself to a quarterback situation that should be the envy of no one. A 27-year-old (in June) statue, Mallett has attempted 79 career passes, completing 53.2 percent of them. Hoyer was arguably the worst quarterback in the league last season, completing just 55.3 percent of his throws while posting a 2:9 TD:INT ratio over his final 186 attempts. “Waiting in the wings” is 2014 fourth-rounder Tom Savage, a player who had no shortage of struggles in the Big East/ACC. O’Brien has hit a lot of right notes in Houston, but quarterback isn’t one of them.

:toot:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:stonk:

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 7 minutes ago

DT Jesse Williams (@ThaMonstar) will undergo kidney surgery after being diagnosed with Papillary Type 2 cancer: http://shwks.com/7de7

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

DT Jesse Williams (@ThaMonstar) will undergo kidney surgery after being diagnosed with Papillary Type 2 cancer: http://shwks.com/7de7

gently caress. He was such a great "coulda been" too. That's probably a career, but hopefully he still has a long life.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

If only you'd waited another season to pay him, Sherman could have saved you 126 million.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

PantsFreeZone posted:

Our WR QB can't scramble to save his life. His vision hasn't improved every year. 3 yard slant passes are the reason he has such a high completion percentage. He's the 11th to 18th best QB in the league and that is his ceiling.

I don't hate him. I root for him. I just don't believe in him. I truly, truly hope he leads us to success.

But I think I might become the Parmesan Basil of Ryan Tannehill.

You have a good quarterback though as opposed to Alex Smith, who is bad and ungood.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Benne posted:

Reading through some reports, the word "aggressive" sure shows up a lot for Papillary type 2 kidney cancer. Wish him luck, poor guy.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
If you pay Russ he will pray him back to health

pay russ you monsters do you want that man to die??

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

You have a good quarterback though as opposed to Alex Smith, who is bad and ungood.

But at least he is Good! :catholic: In fact, he may be the best Just QB of all. Roethlisberger, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Stafford, Tannehill, Palmer, Bortles, and Bridgewater are all sinners in some way or another. Only Alex Smith is pure and right.

wheez the roux posted:

If you pay Russ he will pray him back to health

pay russ you monsters do you want that man to die??

Wilson only cares about children with cancer, not adults. He's a pretty terrible human being.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

quote:

23. Raiders, Derek Carr

Derek Carr was fine as a rookie. Promising, even. He was not the indisputable answer to the Raiders’ post-Rich Gannon quarterback woes. Carr’s 5.46 YPA was the third lowest of the past five seasons, with only 2011 Blaine Gabbert (5.36) and 2010 Jimmy Clausen (5.21) posting worse marks. It was the second worst YPA in Raiders’ franchise history, and one of the worst of the 21st century. The list of quarterbacks to manage a lower YPA than Carr since 2001 reads like a who’s who of flops. Joining Gabbert and Clausen are Brady Quinn, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bruce Gradkowski, Kyle Orton, Mark Brunell, A.J. Feeley, Ken Dorsey, Joey Harrington, Shane Matthews and Chris Weinke. Not exactly comforting company for Carr to keep. It’s true that Carr had an abysmal coaching staff and even worse supporting cast, but 5.46 is a major concern no matter the circumstances. Carr is tough as nails, and protected the ball as a rookie. He can read defenses and has an NFL arm. He’s just not the surefire solution to the Raiders’ quarterback conundrum, and is in fact far from it.

This YPA narrative is so loving stupid it makes my head hurt.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Why? It's pretty bad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

The Buffalo Bills are rumored to be done with E.J. Manuel, with sources close to the team saying the former first-round draft pick isn’t factoring into new coach Rex Ryan’s plans going forward.

Manuel has been plagued by inconsistency and injury in his two seasons in Buffalo. His rookie year showed flashes of promise mixed with poor play, but ultimately it was injuries that did him in. Manuel started just 10 games the first season as he battled a series of knee injuries.

His second season was cut even shorter. After Manuel started 2-2 he was yanked in favor of Kyle Orton, who played the entirety of snaps the rest of the way.

Now it appears he will never take a snap with the team again. There are rumors that the Buffalo Bills are giving E.J. Manuel one last chance to prove himself and are ready to part ways with him if it doesn’t work out.

“If former first-round pick and quarterback EJ Manuel doesn’t show some serious progress this spring and summer at OTAs, minicamp and training camp, he very well may be enjoying his final few months in Buffalo as a member of the organization,” Joe Buscagilia of WKBW in Buffalo wrote Monday.

Rex Ryan has already showed he has no qualms in making big moves. One of his first major acts after being named head coach was to trade the promising but injury-plagued linebacker Kiko Alonso, a fan favorite.

There have already been signs that Manuel could be the next to go. Rex Ryan has been high on free agent pickup Tyrod Taylor, who has seen very limited time in the league playing behind the durable Joe Flacco.

This week there have been some rumors that the Buffalo Bills may trade E.J. Manuel, and the Philadelphia Eagles have turned up as a potential partner.

“If the Bills end up dangling Manuel for a late-round pick in August, keep an eye on the Eagles as a potential trade partner. After recruiting Manuel at Oregon, Chip Kelly told NFL Network in the lead-up to the 2013 NFL Draft that the former Florida State star was a player he “didn’t get a chance to coach but would like a chance to coach.” Shortly thereafter, Manuel noted that the Eagles “want me pretty bad.” Manuel would make for an interesting reclamation project under Kelly’s tutelage if he ultimately flames out in Buffalo.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2100195/buffalo-bills-rumors-e-j-manuel-could-be-gone-before-training-camp-sources-claim/

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chichevache posted:

But at least he is Good! :catholic: In fact, he may be the best Just QB of all. Roethlisberger, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Stafford, Tannehill, Palmer, Bortles, and Bridgewater are all sinners in some way or another. Only Alex Smith is pure and right.

Wilson only cares about children with cancer, not adults. He's a pretty terrible human being.

Are you STILL going? Is this like a jealousy thing? Or are you just mad Frank Clark is on your team now and your team is stepping into the evil crew?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

Why? It's pretty bad.

They touch on it then ignore the point but it doesn't take into consideration a host of factors that would manipulate.

Like Clausen was horrible but he was even worse because smith was still there clowning people.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't Derek Carr play in a really dumbed-down offense because he was a rookie and had no receivers, which is why his YPA was so low? I'd be legit surprised if that stat doesn't improve now that he has a guy like Amari who can actually stretch the field.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PantsFreeZone posted:

This is the fallacy they all fall back on.

But all the loving offense had to do is get one first down in those close losses and they win. Tannehill on 3rd and 4 is the most useless QB in the league.
Tannehill had 4 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, a completion percentage of 61 and a QB rating of 98.1 on 3rd and less than 6 last year

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

LIke any robot, he can only do what he is programmed to. loving Bevell inputting the wrong drat parameters.

Also Jesse Williams :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

LIke any robot, he can only do what he is programmed to. loving Bevell inputting the wrong drat parameters.

Also Jesse Williams :(

Awww, did he not pan out?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Are you STILL going? Is this like a jealousy thing? Or are you just mad Frank Clark is on your team now and your team is stepping into the evil crew?

Maybe YOU can stay silent in the face of inJustice, but I possess a righteous heart and will not stay silent in the face of oppression!

Or whatever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chilichimp posted:

Awww, did he not pan out?

Kidney cancer. loving bullshit :(

At least he got his ring. First Aussie player to get one :unsmith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Kidney cancer. loving bullshit :(

At least he got his ring. First Aussie player to get one :unsmith:

Man, that sucks. gently caress Cancer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JT Jag posted:

Tannehill had 4 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, a completion percentage of 61 and a QB rating of 98.1 on 3rd and less than 6 last year

bad QB IMO

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My Tannehill hot take is that he's pretty decent and the contract is very much in line with the QB market because at least 10 teams would kill to have a Ryan Tannehill right now.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WHOOPS posted:

Why? It's pretty bad.

Benne posted:

Didn't Derek Carr play in a really dumbed-down offense because he was a rookie and had no receivers, which is why his YPA was so low? I'd be legit surprised if that stat doesn't improve now that he has a guy like Amari who can actually stretch the field.

Exactly. Dennis Allen and Greg Olson installed an overly cautious, very conservative offense that rarely went downfield and emphasized lovely 1-yard dump offs and throwing the ball away if nothing opened immediately. We were bitching about it all year in GDTs but it was especially bad those first four games and subsequent road games. In addition, the Raiders had THE WORST rushing "attack" in the league and the absolutely most woeful I've ever seen them have. It made them terribly one-dimensional behind a mediocre-to-bad o-line and no real talent at any other skill position. He also wasn't the projected starter until after the third game of the preseason.

In light of his actual positives and potential it seems to be such an arbitrary, nitpicking stat to highlight as a weakness and a projection of failure.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

gently caress. He was such a great "coulda been" too. That's probably a career, but hopefully he still has a long life.

If only you'd waited another season to pay him, Sherman could have saved you 126 million.

I'm starting to think Jeddy fired Harbaugh to save himself a bunch of that 126 million.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chichevache posted:

What did Bortles do to join the axis of evil?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm starting to think Jeddy fired Harbaugh to save himself a bunch of that 126 million.

I think Jed is the dumbest name in the NFL.

Bort Bortles posted:

What did Bortles do to join the axis of evil?

Broke the Sabbath. :colbert:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Benne posted:

My Tannehill hot take is that he's pretty decent and the contract is very much in line with the QB market because at least 10 teams would kill to have a Ryan Tannehill right now.

My hot take is I'd rather suck and hope to get a talented QB in the top 3-5 than be married to an above average QB who'll maybe get you a wildcard spot but won't let you be a contender.

I wouldn't hate having Ryan Tannehill as my team's QB but I wouldn't be happy. Unless your team has a loaded roster expect 9-7 and 10-6 seasons and early playoff exits as far as the eyes can see.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Benne posted:

read this scorching hot take on my iPhone and now it's melted

thanks a lot butthead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
any news on how the jets are going to rotate their dline?

• Locked thread