Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

RichieHimself posted:

Tops in Blue: The N4I Story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

RichieHimself posted:

Tops in Blue: The N4I Story

lmao

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I knew a guy who was in Tops in Blue. He was a huge shithead, everyone hated him and no-one cared about his Tops in Blue stories. No one had any idea of what he did because listening to more than five seconds of his insipid voice was like taking a thumbtack to the eardrum.

The only time I've been to a TIB thing was when I literally had no choice. They were at Lackland while I was at Basic. It wasn't a bad show when you consider the alternative was sitting back in the dorms reading that loving manual. Everyone was waving their stupid lightsaber flashlights like they were lighters. Some of the more shameless of my flight openly wept at the majesty of the performance. It was pretty loving embarrassing.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Rough Lobster posted:

I knew a guy who was in Tops in Blue. He was a huge shithead, everyone hated him and no-one cared about his Tops in Blue stories. No one had any idea of what he did because listening to more than five seconds of his insipid voice was like taking a thumbtack to the eardrum.

The only time I've been to a TIB thing was when I literally had no choice. They were at Lackland while I was at Basic. It wasn't a bad show when you consider the alternative was sitting back in the dorms reading that loving manual. Everyone was waving their stupid lightsaber flashlights like they were lighters. Some of the more shameless of my flight openly wept at the majesty of the performance. It was pretty loving embarrassing.

Good god the Air Force is loving dumb.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You should see how much they love this poo poo. Coming back from church balling their little retard eyes out.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
A guy in my basic training squad insisted on standing at attention during their rendition of "Proud to be an American" like it was the loving national anthem.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dead Reckoning posted:

A guy in my basic training squad insisted on standing at attention during their rendition of "Proud to be an American" like it was the loving national anthem.

I had a few of those guys in bootcamp. Had two dudes get in a fist fight over who got to lead the nightly squadbay prayer service. I even had to fight back tears when the DI took a Polaroid of my then girlfriend and talked about all the dick she was sucking back home. Turns out most people are retarded at 18

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

it's raining sideways

literally

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Here's something goofy that wasn't actually cooked up by DARPA (surprisingly), but by civvies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=290REmBFuIE

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

Everyone was waving their stupid lightsaber flashlights like they were lighters. Some of the more shameless of my flight openly wept at the majesty of the performance. It was pretty loving embarrassing.

Sounds like a idol concert.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

:swoon:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

holocaust bloopers posted:

C.M. Kruger posted:

:swoon:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Bloody hell, that picture with all the people standing next to it - I didn't realise they were quite so big.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

This is a rad post - when did they get those big, blocky ridge on the spine though? Conformal fuel or something? This post should be in the Aeronautical Insanity thread.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's a B-1A, the one that got cancelled by Carter. The B-1B has a much shorter, but similar spine. I assume it's structural, it's not shaped like I'd expect EA equipment to be, and it's not big enough to hold a meaningful amount of fuel. Conformal tanks are generally big.

I seriously miss old-school USAF & USN paint schemes. Give me bright, aggressive Navy tailflashes, shark-scheme heavies, and some goddamned woodland A-10s. gently caress gray.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Godholio posted:

Conformal tanks are generally big.

That's kinda what I was thinking too but was really the only best-guess I had for it. :shrug: Didn't realize that was an A, though - and didn't even remember those having such a long, boxy spine. That's one of the capsule-bombers, isn't it?

Godholio posted:

and some goddamned woodland A-10s.
Truth :reject::respek::(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gray looks dope, but only when the jet is dirty.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Godholio posted:

gently caress gray.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
under armour is cool lol

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/18/news/under-armour-iwo-jima-shirt/index.html

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Godholio posted:

I seriously miss old-school USAF & USN paint schemes. Give me bright, aggressive Navy tailflashes, shark-scheme heavies, and some goddamned woodland A-10s. gently caress gray.

Mmmmmmm...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

:fap: The classics never go out of style.

This guy, however, looks like he lost a fistfight:

...which actually reminds me of something I've always wondered: What are the "nostril" nubs on the nose? RWR's?

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 19, 2015

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This thread needs more Thud.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

:fap: The classics never go out of style.

...which actually reminds me of something I've always wondered: What are the "nostril" nubs on the nose? RWR's?

Yeah, RWR receivers.

I grew up watching green A-10s. Awesome.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

this loving owns i dont understand the outrage

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Godholio posted:

Yeah, RWR receivers.

I grew up watching green A-10s. Awesome.

Hey I finally guessed something right for a change. :toot: A-10 planes best planes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Chinatown posted:

this loving owns i dont understand the outrage

ARE FREEDUMS :arghfist::911: or some dumb poo poo.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

This guy, however, looks like he lost a fistfight:

MrYenko posted:

This thread needs more Thud.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

ARE FREEDUMS :arghfist::911: or some dumb poo poo.

I would assume that shirt would sell very well in China given the NBAs popularity and utter hatred of the Japanese there.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

oooh a weasel thud.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Godholio posted:

I love russian plane camo, like those hornets posted earlier

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Those are agressor squadron planes, and we are getting rid of them too. :eng99:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's extremely hosed up to me that most bases aren't even allowed to have a wing flagship or anything. I mean Travis is a 3 MDS base so maybe we'd have to have 3 or something insane like that, but we already have the most boring tailflash known to man and I guess that's going away eventually, too.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
A couple shots from this weekend's air show.

Working it was horrendous. The only upside was getting to crawl around inside a B-17 before the crowds got in. Holy gently caress the ball turret is small in person.

Not to mention that this is the only way in.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

MRC48B posted:

Those are agressor squadron planes, and we are getting rid of them too. :eng99:

Maybe in the Air Force. Those are Navy guys and aren't going anywhere any time soon.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

You should see how much they love this poo poo. Coming back from church balling their little retard eyes out.

Ugh I forgotten that song exists until now thanks jerk. :argh:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That USAF glee club oh my god just when you thought enlisting couldn't be any more retarded

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

It's extremely hosed up to me that most bases aren't even allowed to have a wing flagship or anything. I mean Travis is a 3 MDS base so maybe we'd have to have 3 or something insane like that, but we already have the most boring tailflash known to man and I guess that's going away eventually, too.

You probably do, but they're subtle. It's the normal tail code with a white back shadow. Sometimes the color tag at the top will look a little different.

Check out the middle jet.

Back when AWACS jets were assigned to the squadrons, each sq's color was at the top of their jets. The flagship had all of them. When the jets were organized according to the three AMUs (Red, White, and Blue), the AMU's color was at the top. I'm not sure what they are now since Blue was shut down a few years back...probably still red and white bars at the top.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Poor stupid veterans thinking the Under Armour thing is the same as being spit on by hippies after coming back from Vietnam.

• Locked thread