Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Why's it gotta be drones?

A drone is a bee that does poo poo all but eat and gently caress the queen.

Drone doesn't mean worker or conformist it means do-nothing piece of poo poo that's only good for sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Why's it gotta be drones?

A drone is a bee that does poo poo all but eat and gently caress the queen.

Drone doesn't mean worker or conformist it means do-nothing piece of poo poo that's only good for sex.

Hello.

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008
I work at an office too but I'm an engineer so people actually look at what I do it's terrifying.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
dont worry when the robots take all the middle class jobs we won't have this problem

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

dont worry when the robots take all the middle class jobs we won't have this problem

I heard that on the radio for real. They were talking about robots replacing lawyers. What'll they think of next?

It was on NPR when I went to get stamps. I'm not making it up. It sounded crazy to me.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
If you can hear ambient sounds, you're not focusing on your task enough.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Literally lol if you don't work in a personal office with hardwood wall paneling.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

I.C. posted:

I heard that on the radio for real. They were talking about robots replacing lawyers. What'll they think of next?

It was on NPR when I went to get stamps. I'm not making it up. It sounded crazy to me.

yup robots or algorithms

the list of middle class jobs susceptible to automation is huge: http://qz.com/202312/is-your-job-at-risk-from-robot-labor-check-this-handy-interactive/

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im a lone wolf daydrinker

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i'm gonna be an aircraft engineer next year! gonna be cool as heck fixing avionics and poo poo so awesome

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

krampster2 posted:

i'm gonna be an aircraft engineer next year! gonna be cool as heck fixing avionics and poo poo so awesome

can i borrow money

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

get your hands covered in poo poo, piss, semen and vaginal fluids constantly and then bitch about excel op

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

give me money krampster2

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

whore

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

can i borrow money

yeah but you gotta wait till i'm licensed because that's when you get to hop on the money train, gonna ride it all the way to money land

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MOOBS! posted:

get your hands covered in poo poo, piss, semen and vaginal fluids constantly and then bitch about excel op

I like excel parts of my job a lot more than poo poo and piss parts.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
It literally takes years and years to get used to it. I used to get sick all the time from being in air-conditioning for 8 hours a day. Now I can deal with it for about 20 hours. You just have to keep going back and slowly but surely your body and brain adjusts. I think after 5 years I have finally got used to open plan offices. That has been a tough one.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

krampster2 posted:

yeah but you gotta wait till i'm licensed because that's when you get to hop on the money train, gonna ride it all the way to money land

yessssss

you an me buddy (im wesley snipes obviously)

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
sennheiser hd 280 pros + spotify

also maintaining asininecrapthatmycoworkerscomeoutwith.txt

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

chippy posted:

sennheiser hd 280 pros + spotify

also maintaining asininecrapthatmycoworkerscomeoutwith.txt

for example, about 30 seconds ago, "weird weather today"

we live in england and it's may, sunny with the occasional rain shower could not be less weird, you oval office

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Offices suck but you sound like like a wiener.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
my office is deec, great view, coworkers are quiet, boss is alright, my dick is long, etc.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
bring a book to read

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

fisheyel83l posted:

Bottle of whiskey in the breakroom couch

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i suck a lot of supply closet dick

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izdAFagurWo

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I bring my laptop cruise the internet on the customer wifi because they monitor internet traffic on the company computers. Not like I care, they still run xp and are around 8 years old and freeze constantly.

I'll also take numerous breaks to go outside and throw around a frisbee/football/baseball with another employee.

I also have my own office so I don't really have to listen to other people's poo poo going on, and I'll usually play music as well.

edit: seriously, some days I feel really guilty about how little I actually do. It gets p. boring some days too. I did maybe an hour of real work yesterday, and it wasn't even poo poo that my position is supposed to do. I was just bored and did other people's poo poo.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wank posted:

It literally takes years and years to get used to it. I used to get sick all the time from being in air-conditioning for 8 hours a day. Now I can deal with it for about 20 hours. You just have to keep going back and slowly but surely your body and brain adjusts. I think after 5 years I have finally got used to open plan offices. That has been a tough one.

we have an open office plan. it's loving terrible. also they decided they needed to add more to the building, so they replaced the few windows they have in the open office plan with a temporary wall and a poo poo ton of construction noise. and now they're adding like 15 training kiosks to that wall and the only entrance to the new addition to an already cramped open office.

every day I pray that there's a fire that destroys that office area.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

fun is for kids OP. As an adult your duty is to dedicate your waking hours to the performance of your labour for the benefit of people who hate you and you will never meet, until you can fart out some kids and raise them to do the same, possibly for the exact same people because the rich will have anti-ageing technology soon and will ensure that we don't.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I work at a warehouse currently. We're all hardworking men and women that actually do stuff all day. We also live in poverty.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

lol you couldn't cope with being a white male

Lol.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I bring my laptop cruise the internet on the customer wifi because they monitor internet traffic on the company computers. Not like I care, they still run xp and are around 8 years old and freeze constantly.

I'll also take numerous breaks to go outside and throw around a frisbee/football/baseball with another employee.

I also have my own office so I don't really have to listen to other people's poo poo going on, and I'll usually play music as well.

edit: seriously, some days I feel really guilty about how little I actually do. It gets p. boring some days too. I did maybe an hour of real work yesterday, and it wasn't even poo poo that my position is supposed to do. I was just bored and did other people's poo poo.

lmao. I'm still at home sipping coffee and listening to music (I'm the opening manager 2 days a week, but the other days I pretty much choose my own hours) and I just checked my work email just in case there was something I needed to know, and I have an email from my regional manager asking how much I currently make so he can put in for a raise for me.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I work in an office with one other person and she gets all offended if I listen to music on my headphones because she feels excluded lmao :suicide:

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

rabble rabble posted:

just get hosed up enough the night before that you can sorta lie to yourself that you're sober at work and coast through till around 3, where you pound caffeine for that sweet buzz to get you to after work cocktails, repeat

This is the way to go. Oh, and no sofa whisky. I got busted and did 6 months at Salvation Army. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
and once your soul dies, it's all cruising from there on into the sweet embrace of death.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Hey you could be working in retail like me. I want to die.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

rocket_man38 posted:

Hey you could be working in retail like me. I want to die.

this guy has the right of it. after having worked in a customer facing position for almost 10 years prior to getting an office job, i can 100% confirm that the worst, most boring and banal office day with multiple meetings that last for hours and accomplish nothing, that day is still better than the best day customer facing / working with end users.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Yeah, still not sure why people talk about office jobs being the worst. After construction, warehouse, etc etc, being constantly and nearly killed by the weather, the area, coworker, etc, sitting at a computer is pretty rad.

ed: granted the warehouse job was just physically destroying, not mentally and emotionally. Sometimes I went out on the retail floor to drop something off and the customers would look at this unshaven, sweaty, dust covered hillbilly lurching through the isles and find some inoffensive dork to harrass. Sometimes being inherently repugnant has its upsides.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
op consider putting weird stuff in your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

This is basically my job. I spend monday morning getting 90% of my work done for the week, the other 10% is just opening mail and doing payroll which each take about 5 minutes if I get up for a can of pop in the middle of it.

• Locked thread