Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They'll ramp up to it, maybe start with cat strangling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They missed their chance to turn her crazy. They can't randomly decide to go down that path now.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, they did do that with Roy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

You're thinking of this guy

Eh, they were shot in the same forest.

(Also, a great :smug: picture.)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

enraged_camel posted:

Major mistakes of this season:
- Lazarus Pit not driving Thea insane permanently. She just slept it off.
JUST LET HER DIE OLIVER! WHAT COMES BACK WON'T BE THEA!!!!

*naps for 2 days, is totally fine otherwise*

Malcolm is truly the Father of the Year

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Even if they do that, having her go from normal for several episodes in a row to "suddenly insane" will be stupid. They just did that on Grimm too, taking a good character who was a good person for about 80 episodes and then basically having them suddenly turn dark and evil to the point where her almost-fiancee told his allies to kill her on sight. And she was indeed killed in the season finale.

Yeah, at this point they could try to salvage that whole stupid thing by circling back to it next year, but it's going to be dumb as bricks either way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gaz-L posted:

Eh, they were shot in the same forest.

(Also, a great :smug: picture.)

Apophis invented :smuggo:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

JUST LET HER DIE OLIVER! WHAT COMES BACK WON'T BE THEA!!!!

*naps for 2 days, is totally fine otherwise*

Malcolm is truly the Father of the Year

It corrupted her with a bad case of superhero-itis.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Gaz-L posted:

It corrupted her with a bad case of superhero-itis.

Well, not that it's ever addressed, but she didn't have any qualms about killing that league accountant with the briefcase of VIRUS.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Well, not that it's ever addressed, but she didn't have any qualms about killing that league accountant with the briefcase of VIRUS.

He's a willing participant in an attempted mass murder of thousands. You expected Thea to think "all this guy really needs is a hug and the power of friendship"?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

He's a willing participant in an attempted mass murder of thousands. You expected Thea to think "all this guy really needs is a hug and the power of friendship"?

Non-killing shot?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Non-killing shot?

Thea never watched Tommy die, so she is still allowed kill shots.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Katana/Tatsu owns. Didn't know of the character (dont know much about DC) but she sold it to me and actually managed to act every now and then unlike many others in the cast. Was happy when she finally put on a ridiculous hero costume because I thought she'd become a more permanent cast member or something but nope she went back to her homeplanet at the end I guess???

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Non-killing shot?

I'd say that guy qualifuckingfies as an "Imminent Threat". You're supposed to shoot to kill in those cases.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zzulu posted:

Katana/Tatsu owns. Didn't know of the character (dont know much about DC) but she sold it to me and actually managed to act every now and then unlike many others in the cast. Was happy when she finally put on a ridiculous hero costume because I thought she'd become a more permanent cast member or something but nope she went back to her homeplanet at the end I guess???

I would not have minded her sticking around but the show already has too many members of Team Arrow, she would have wound up as under-served as Roy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Soothing Vapors posted:

I would not have minded her sticking around but the show already has too many members of Team Arrow, she would have wound up as under-served as Roy

But we're missing out on a new love triangle!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Azhais posted:

But we're missing out on a new love triangle!
Yeah I was totally waiting to find out in the flashbacks when Ollie banged her, since he's sexed up every other female on this show he's not knowingly blood related to.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To be fair, it is Amell.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

zoux posted:

To be fair, it is Amell.

Yeah that's just realism

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Oracle posted:

Yeah I was totally waiting to find out in the flashbacks when Ollie banged her, since he's sexed up every other female on this show he's not knowingly blood related to.

Not Cupid, stupid.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

They missed their chance to turn her crazy. They can't randomly decide to go down that path now.

Like hell they can't!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Oracle posted:

But isn't she still with him on whatever freighter they got on in Hong Kong?

He could still bang her, in flashback. He could always use another vaguely maternal love interest who's also Asian.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

Batman's no kill rule makes sense internally. Traumatized by the murder of his parents, kid literally has anger issues so profound he has to beat the poo poo out of criminals with his bare hands to cope.. And he can't kill them lest he become what he hates, a killer. Not to mention he's already going beyond the law because the cops are failures in his eyes and corrupt as gently caress to boot.

On top of that, it made it that much more impactful and badass when Batman did commit his one, righteous kill. Darkseid.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Detective No. 27 posted:

On top of that, it made it that much more impactful and badass when Batman did commit his one, righteous kill. Darkseid.

Batman also played the long con and got joker to kill himself. Snapped his own neck.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Xealot posted:

But isn't she still with him on whatever freighter they got on in Hong Kong?

He could still bang her, in flashback. He could always use another vaguely maternal love interest who's also Asian.
They got on different freighters. She was like, "I'ma go be mopey," and Ollie was like, "I'm also gonna go be mopey, but in this direction instead."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zzulu posted:

I actually thought the Katana costume looked incredible but it's probably because I first saw Katana in her classic Outsiders costume and, well.

I hope this next season they remove Felicity from the show, leave everything else in status quo, and never talk about this season again. Like, the only explanation you get is "Yeah, it didn't work out" and that's the only thing that's discussed from last season. Speedy, Merlyn, and everyone else is treated like they were always in those positions.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I wish The Flash would go back in time and stop Felicity from happening.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Whizbang posted:

I wish The Flash would go back in time and stop Felicity from happening.

You mean Olicity. Felicity was an awesome character before Oliver professed his love for her.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

enraged_camel posted:

You mean Olicity. Felicity was an awesome character before Oliver professed his love for her.

No, no. I'm on board with removing Felicity from history at this point. The Flash mustn't take any chances.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

teagone posted:

No, no. I'm on board with removing Felicity from history at this point. The Flash mustn't take any chances.

Create an alternate timeline where Eddie and Felicity get together. Feliciddie.

Actually, that'd probably explain Eobard. He seems to know a lot about computers. Don't do that either, Barry.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Remove Oliver and Felicity both, they've become terrible characters. Ignore the League of Assassins entirely so we never have to see Merlyn again. Bring Nyssa back for Laurel so nothing of value is lost. Make Diggle the Arrow so we have a hero we can actually look up to. Have Detective Lance get over his hate and go back to his season 2 personality.

Keep Thea as Red Arrow (or is it Speedy?) and season three actually cool Laurel as Black Canary.

Those are my hopes that will no doubt never happen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Before anyone starts, the Supergirl pilot leaked and it will not be discussed in this thread at all. If you wish to discuss it with spoiler tags then go the CBS Upfronts thread.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Before anyone starts, the Supergirl pilot leaked and it will not be discussed in this thread at all. If you wish to discuss it with spoiler tags then go the CBS Upfronts thread.

Oh poo poo! Link?

j/k

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Remove Oliver and Felicity both, they've become terrible characters. Ignore the League of Assassins entirely so we never have to see Merlyn again. Bring Nyssa back for Laurel so nothing of value is lost. Make Diggle the Arrow so we have a hero we can actually look up to. Have Detective Lance get over his hate and go back to his season 2 personality.

Keep Thea as Red Arrow (or is it Speedy?) and season three actually cool Laurel as Black Canary.

Those are my hopes that will no doubt never happen.

Your second paragraph/sentence will. (And she's Speedy.)

I am a little baffled as to why they didn't do the 'Nyssa walks out as the rest of the League kneel to Merlyn' ending, I mean I literally can't think of a character motivation that makes sense for her to submit to the guy that killed her lover and is claiming credit for killing her father (even though she probably knows it was Oliver).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The League is all she knows and the fries weren't even that good.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Your second paragraph/sentence will. (And she's Speedy.)

I am a little baffled as to why they didn't do the 'Nyssa walks out as the rest of the League kneel to Merlyn' ending, I mean I literally can't think of a character motivation that makes sense for her to submit to the guy that killed her lover and is claiming credit for killing her father (even though she probably knows it was Oliver).
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. She'll stick around and bide her time, accidentally cut her finger while cleaning his sword then lop his head off and take her rightful place as R'as.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Is it just me, or did this show use both the Roz and Raysh pronunciations pretty much interchangeably when referring to the Demon Head? I seem to remember both, but I could be mistaken.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They did. It reminded me of how native Italian speakers say Mozzarella versus how native English speakers do.

And Malcolm was Giada de Laurantis because he's not a native speaker but he goes over the top in his obnoxious pronunciation because he wants to fit in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Characters were consistent about it though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It' reminds me of Stargate SG-1 where most people know to pronounce it Goa'uld but General Hammond keeps pronouncing it Goold because he's from Texas and gently caress you aliens I'll pronounce it how I want but this is never explicitly brought up it's just in how people pronounce the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I believe, though I haven't checked it, that people in the League said Raysh and people outside said Ras.

• Locked thread