Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
I had almost given up on ever finding G'horn until two of them dropped within 24 hours, one from the 28 PoE chest and one from the nightfall. This expansion gets two thumbs up for that alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Cheese Factory is amazing.

While I feel horrible for getting him his first Trials of Osiris loss, Coca Koala and I got a PHD lecture in PVP and Trials in the one round we played. Apparently the three kiwis we played were on their twelfth straight hour of playing and were a fine tuned machine.

Thanks Cheese Factory!

I also got my second character to 20 so now I can do things twice. Hooray?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'd love to learn the ins and outs of this mode from someone like Cheese Factory, we went 3 wins before we got bumped out. Feels crappy, but it was a good learning experience.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Threading the needle with a Ghorn
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/J0HN%20MCCAlN/video/2460002

Focusing fire and fire bolt grenade = quick round
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/J0HN%20MCCAlN/video/2460001

My buddy r10 turning the tide
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/J0HN%20MCCAlN/video/2460003

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Ultimate Mango posted:

Cheese Factory is amazing.

While I feel horrible for getting him his first Trials of Osiris loss, Coca Koala and I got a PHD lecture in PVP and Trials in the one round we played. Apparently the three kiwis we played were on their twelfth straight hour of playing and were a fine tuned machine.

Thanks Cheese Factory!

I also got my second character to 20 so now I can do things twice. Hooray?

Thanks for the kind words mate, sorry we couldn't get you boys the win. Play again soon

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 23, 2015

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Rei_ posted:

I'd love to learn the ins and outs of this mode from someone like Cheese Factory, we went 3 wins before we got bumped out. Feels crappy, but it was a good learning experience.

Check out my videos. The key is getting the first kill and rushing hard with numbers. Snipers are king.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bought an engram from Xur, decrypted to The Ram :stare:

Guess I need to level my Warlock now.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
BTW, the PS3 BADS officially made it to The Lighthouse on day one, sustaining a loss in Game 7 of 8. I'm rockin' a :krad: golden osiris robe and a solar hand cannon, among other things.

ToO is the poo poo.

e: Also this awesome gently caress you to the enemy team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93CYPwXirpU

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 23, 2015

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I'm having such a struggle on my Titan between the fashion of the Osiris chest and kellslayer gloves and some actually decent intellect/discipline pieces of armor

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lumpy posted:

Put it up on pastebin and link it for all to see!

WHOOPS posted:

Yes please do this.

Okay, here goes. I already had a handful of goons PM me about this, seems worth doing.

Zaphod's ridiculously verbose guide to how to play Destiny and gear up quickly and breakdown of endgame activities for new players or those who haven't logged on in a bit:

http://pastebin.com/e4jUcvG2

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I can clear it up and maybe add it to the pastebin.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Golgozor posted:

The level 32 PoE seems impossible if you don't have 3 people with gjallarhorn. WTF are you supposed to do?

The best thing you can do during that fight is scramble and have everyone run off on their own around the arena. That's the safest way to play because you can take out the adds then come together to hit the boss when the area is clear. Repeat that 3 or 4 times and you're golden. If you stick together you're making it a lot harder on yourself because of all the grenade launchers raining on you, and you'll constantly run out of ammo because of juggler. You need to be running around to see the best success. I recommend taking an ascended Invective as well because it regens ammo and is solar, which is great for the shielded adds.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
This is trials at the moment - Use thorn, sniper with last round, rocket launcher. Everyone hides and snipes in a group until a team gets a kill. Then the team with 1 man down gets rushed. Tea bag after every win but watch out for a radiance. It's really quite exciting.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

This is trials at the moment - Use thorn, sniper with last round, rocket launcher. Everyone hides and snipes in a group until a team gets a kill. Then the team with 1 man down gets rushed. Tea bag after every win but watch out for a radiance. It's really quite exciting.

this is exactly what i was expecting and it is as horrible as it sounds

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
9 and 1 on Trials of Osiris :negative:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Man final round spear is just a level of bullshit I can't handle

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Captain Oblivious posted:

9 and 1 on Trials of Osiris :negative:

Same here, it hurts but the pile of loot helps.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

thanks to andysoderpants and nucka, I completed PoE 32, getting the buttugly Kellhunter gloves to hit 34.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Am I crazy or is there like, one pistol just wrecking poo poo? It's getting annoying.

[edit] Also that new tiny Control map is asssssssssssssssssssss.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 23, 2015

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Feenix posted:

Am I crazy or is there like, one pistol just wrecking poo poo? It's getting annoying.

[edit] Also that new tiny Control map is asssssssssssssssssssss.

vestian dynasty from how story missions

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
You know I used to consider myself and my regular teammates "good". Not great, but we regularly average 1.6ish on control. We play very well together.

Trials was a nightmare. We squeezed out a 6 win run but in retrospect we could have gotten that 8 had we bought the other buffs.

Still good lord there's a lot of MLG pros apparently. It's just so damned disheartening to see everyone talking about how great the lighthouse is and oh drat what a bunch of scrubs playing.

Then again we started at 10:30 ET, so there's that.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Round 4 of 34 poe still a bitch. Rd 5 is cake now.

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
Went 9-1 on our first two characters then started playing poorly and ended the night at 5-2 ugh. I did manage to get some light 42 Osiris gauntlets for my titan out of the gold tier package which was nice. The Osiris gear looks cool as heck.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

JetsGuy posted:

MLG pros

Read: 34's with Thorn and Snipers or Felwinters

gently caress my life in Trials, we're edging it out on my team but we always end up getting paired with a team that has the flawless ToO Exotic Emblem you get from Mercury and we just lose.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Zaphod's ridiculously verbose guide to how to play Destiny and gear up quickly and breakdown of endgame activities for new players or those who haven't logged on in a bit:

http://pastebin.com/e4jUcvG2
Very good with just two amendments:

- Bounty access starts at level 4, but you only get 6 per day (3 PvE, 3 PvP) until level 10, when you get access to the full 12 (6 PvE, 6 PvP).
- The exception to this is Eris, who's bounties you can (and absolutely should) take from level 1. She takes goddamn forever to level so the sooner you can start working on her stuff the better. Go speak to her, cancel (B/circle) her first purple quest, and see if any are likely to be applicable.

What's the lowest matchmade activity I can get Etheric Light from?

32 just seems to be the new 31: before HoW you could get to 31 with vendor / Xûr armour, and then were stuck with basically just Crota to get to 32.

Now - if I understand this correctly - you can get to 32 with vendor & Xûr gear, but the only way to get any higher is with prison of elders 32 (non-matchmaking), nightfall (non-matchmade), ToO (again, no matchmaking) and raids. Is there any way for a filthy casual who doesn't have time to trawl destiny tinder to get past 32?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
If anyone feels like doing a 32 Prison of Elders with me, just add PSN: JudgeTesla, I don't have the big bad G-Horn but I have Truth, which is decent enough!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Helped get Rogz and Arizor to the 9 wins earlier. Final score card read 9-2 so they missed out on The Lighthouse, but still did really well. The final win was a very nice 5-0 stomping.

Here is some footage of me in The Lighthouse for those who haven't seen it. Its pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/2DdfxuFHuZk

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Guys guys.. Osiris is like really good, good PvP here. I think Bungie has striken gold here. Its a PvP mode where skill alone matter for everything, and also luck can gently caress things gloriusly sometimes. Its weird, but sometimes it feel to me like a MOBA, when both teams are in the same place, reviving, killing each another, and only one of the two teams end on top.

Small stupid anecdote:

My two teammates die. Games is a draw 4vs4 points. I completely suck and I am underleveled ( 32 vs 33+33+33 ). Desperate super, enemy team wipe. Win! :D

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Got so close to going 9-0, but I forgot to get the Free Win buff and the Loss Forgiven buff. :negative:

Maybe tomorrow.

*E* The Osiris helmet for the Titan makes me look like I walked right off the set of Stargate.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CheeseFactory posted:

Helped get Rogz and Arizor to the 9 wins earlier. Final score card read 9-2 so they missed out on The Lighthouse, but still did really well. The final win was a very nice 5-0 stomping.

Here is some footage of me in The Lighthouse for those who haven't seen it. Its pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/2DdfxuFHuZk

Do you use the last word for absolutely everything?

Wondering if you swap weapons for maps with longer sight lines, or do you just play aggressively?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I didn't record every match, but here's 1 of 4 of my Trials of Osiris matches I had with UNFUZOR and DJLunchboxx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOyf7DZPFQ

Edit: Also, i'd like to get PoE 35 done with some experienced goons before it resets on Tuesday.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 23, 2015

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Do you use the last word for absolutely everything?

Wondering if you swap weapons for maps with longer sight lines, or do you just play aggressively?

Nah i almost always use it. I use the Vex Mytho and Red Death a little. But nothing comes close to Last Word, for me. I use it as a shotgun and mid range weapon, then i have a sniper for the long range to keep all my based covered.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I went 9-0 on Trials and all I got is a lovely emblem.

No cool exotic. I did get a helm for the Osiris light 42 gear though.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

This is how I *thought* it would be, but it really isn't unless you get unlucky. In ~30 games I think we came across maybe 4-5 people using final round? It also only really works if you spawn as Alpha, since trying to rush outside into the blinding sun is a loving pain in the rear end. Otherwise it's easy enough to just rush indoors straight away and be safe from the long sniper sightlines.

Also, flashbang grenades :allears:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Very good with just two amendments:

- Bounty access starts at level 4, but you only get 6 per day (3 PvE, 3 PvP) until level 10, when you get access to the full 12 (6 PvE, 6 PvP).
- The exception to this is Eris, who's bounties you can (and absolutely should) take from level 1. She takes goddamn forever to level so the sooner you can start working on her stuff the better. Go speak to her, cancel (B/circle) her first purple quest, and see if any are likely to be applicable.

What's the lowest matchmade activity I can get Etheric Light from?

32 just seems to be the new 31: before HoW you could get to 31 with vendor / Xûr armour, and then were stuck with basically just Crota to get to 32.

Now - if I understand this correctly - you can get to 32 with vendor & Xûr gear, but the only way to get any higher is with prison of elders 32 (non-matchmaking), nightfall (non-matchmade), ToO (again, no matchmaking) and raids. Is there any way for a filthy casual who doesn't have time to trawl destiny tinder to get past 32?
There aren't any activities that will get you past 32 that have matchmaking, and it really, really sucks. The weekly is the highest level matchmaking activity and you won't get anything to take you beyond 32.

Until Iron Banner rolls around, anyway. So it's pretty much same as it ever was.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

It's going to be hard to tell my 3 Titans apart with the same emblem, but it just feels do drat good.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

It's going to be hard to tell my 3 Titans apart with the same emblem, but it just feels do drat good.

:swoon:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Clean sweep, 10-0 :neckbeard:

(one of my teammates forgot his boon, so we had to do an extra round while we were wearing the emblem, sorry to the team we knocked out :ohdear:)

Got Arc Hand Cannon, regular Pulse.

Are there secondaries/HMG, or just the RL?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedback fence looks baller with sunsetting

e getting punched by a thrall kills it :P

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011

my new dog posted:

feedback fence looks baller with sunsetting

e getting punched by a thrall kills it :P

1. Abyss
2. Armor of Light Bubble
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
Thunderwoot and charisma. You guys want to do some more Trials today?

If yes then I'm likely to be able to get on at any time, just let me know what time would be good!

• Locked thread