Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Saga spoilers.

http://imgur.com/ZKUlGjo
http://imgur.com/i639Yct

Saga 28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Is that A woman made out of weed setting herself on fire and smoking herself? :psyduck:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Captain Bravo posted:

Is that A woman made out of weed setting herself on fire and smoking herself? :psyduck:

No, that is a woman made of plants ingesting a powerful hallucinogenic and then self immolating to save her shipmates.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Captain Bravo posted:

Phylodox posted:

No, that is a woman made of plants ingesting a powerful hallucinogenic and then self immolating to save her shipmates.

To be fair that character concept would not be out of place in Saga.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

(I'm sorry for not giving context to the Saga pages. I didn't think. I should have included the page before.)

Hal kept showing off his Martian friend and everyone called him on his bullshit.

JL8 #200
http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/post/119524720491/soundtrack-jl8-200-p-1-10-by-yale-stewart-based

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
JL8 is unofficial right? Because Christ, DC needs to step their game up.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 24, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I agree, DC should step up their game and send out a CnD to JL8

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AnonSpore posted:

Is DC still doing that ultra grimdark series where everything is horrible and Frankenstein had Black Canary's head sown into his chest so he could kill Flash and people are constantly getting their arms ripped off? They should cease and desist employing whoever thought that was a good idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AnonSpore posted:

A dick-pic shaped CnD.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Uthor posted:

JL8 #200

Guy defending that hug is the best drat thing.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

A dick-pic shaped CnD.

How did that whole thing go down again? No matter what, it's kind of funny that a guy who makes wholesome, family-friendly comics about all your favorite superheroes as little kids is also sending out pictures of his dick left and right

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hup posted:

How did that whole thing go down again? No matter what, it's kind of funny that a guy who makes wholesome, family-friendly comics about all your favorite superheroes as little kids is also sending out pictures of his dick left and right

Dude sent out dick pics to a LOT of female creators and got called out for it and since he apologized he was let off the hook. Having met him in person, he's a bigger prick than I am.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rhyno posted:

Dude sent out dick pics to a LOT of female creators and got called out for it and since he apologized he was let off the hook. Having met him in person, he's a bigger prick than I am.

Sounds like a lot of people found that out without having to meet him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jedit posted:

Sounds like a lot of people found that out without having to meet him.

I said he was a bigger prick. If you go by the chatter his actual prick was disappointing.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Rhyno posted:

wait what

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

willus posted:

wait what

Yeah it's why the comic went in hiatus for a while and no one was sure if it'd even continue. Dude got creepy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah it's why the comic went in hiatus for a while and no one was sure if it'd even continue. Dude got creepy.

Aw, c'mon...argh. Well, that's another thing to stop reading. Great. Why do people do these things?!?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Don't judge a work based on its creator's foibles, especially if they don't show through

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm judging the creator on their foibles, and I don't want to so much as give such a person's output the viewership.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Truly, you are judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to looking at a comic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still read it on occasion but him being a rotten person sullies the experience.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bongo Bill posted:

Truly, you are judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to looking at a comic.

I don't think this is in dispute so it doesn't matter?

Like his guilt isn't in question so this makes no sense.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Rhyno posted:

I still read it on occasion but him being a rotten person sullies the experience.

Yeah, a mixture of that whole thing and the hiatus it created saw me lose quite a bit of interest in it. The comic as a whole is still good, and certainly terrible people can still make worthwhile things, but it definitely feels a little tainted.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I have no interest in reading the comic anymore. The argument of "judge the work, not the creator" is great when analyzing the work but it doesn't apply when you're talking about supporting the work. (Even if you're just supporting it with pageviews.) It's a shame but nobody forced him to be a giant creepo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I still haven't seen Days of Future Past because of that whole Bryan Singer thing.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

drat it, you guys are ruining JL8 for me. I hope no one ruins Cerebus for me!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
3 of the greatest directors of all time are a rapist, a child molester and a literal Nazi, so while I understand avoiding art based on the actions of the artist, it's not a view I subscribe to.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

3 of the greatest directors of all time are a rapist, a child molester and a literal Nazi, so while I understand avoiding art based on the actions of the artist, it's not a view I subscribe to.

It helps if they're dead, for me. It's not entirely rational, but there you have it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

It helps if they're dead, for me. It's not entirely rational, but there you have it.

The Nazi is the only dead one on the list, the other two are still making (sometimes great, sometimes not) movies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The Nazi is the only dead one on the list, the other two are still making (sometimes great, sometimes not) movies.

I know. Believe me, I know.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

which directors are these exactly?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sigma-X posted:

I'm guessing, but Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, and Leni Riefenstahl.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

I would guess that they are Roman Polanski, who is still technically wanted for drugging a raping a 13 year old and living in exile, Woody Allen, who had sexual relations with both his daughter and his adoptive stepdaughter when they were underage (and after in the latter case) but has not been charged with any crimes.

I think the Nazi in question is probably Leni Riefenstahl but I'm just guessing.

I find the fact that people are still willing to work with Roman Polanski pretty baffling considering pretty much everyone agrees on his guilt.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I would guess that they are Roman Polanski, who is still technically wanted for drugging a raping a 13 year old and living in exile, Woody Allen, who had sexual relations with both his daughter and his adoptive stepdaughter when they were underage (and after in the latter case) but has not been charged with any crimes.

I think the Nazi in question is probably Leni Riefenstahl but I'm just guessing.

I find the fact that people are still willing to work with Roman Polanski pretty baffling considering pretty much everyone agrees on his guilt.

I was unfamiliar with Leni Riefenstahl and thought both Roman and Woody were child molesters/rapists (but I guess Woody is not legally rape?) so I was confused as to the differentiation.

Also none of those people have directed a movie based on an 80s toy or comic book franchise so I'm not sure why we are calling them good directors?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm guessing, but Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, and Leni Riefenstahl.

ding ding ding.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

Also none of those people have directed a movie based on an 80s toy or comic book franchise so I'm not sure why we are calling them good directors?

Good point.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Lurdiak posted:

I still haven't seen Days of Future Past because of that whole Bryan Singer thing.

I'm not sure I want to ask, but... what Bryan Singer thing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm not sure I want to ask, but... what Bryan Singer thing?

Just the time he was accused of raping a teenage boy.

It has been a Known thing that he likes younger men well before these allegations. The charges were dismissed due to inconsistencies in the story and insufficient evidence, but I can't help but wonder.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mega Man #49. This takes place right after the events of Mega Man 3.

Throughout the series, Mega Man has been completely reluctant to fight the Robot Masters. The first group were originally created to help humanity, so they were simply rebuilt and returned to their original programming. Even though he defeated the (mostly) Wily-built robots from MM2 and MM3, he's kept their personality chips intact so Dr. Light could rebuild them and give them non-violent purposes.

"...and not everyone wants to be saved."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's actually a p. deep message for a kid's book. Good on the kids who get to read that (I'm not guessing many).