Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

bowmore posted:

this is exactly the response self voting scum want

Calm Down Bowmore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
In the not unlikely event that I get lynched, and it shows I am in fact innocent. Please don't forget about all this.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
shutup dead cow

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

I've been scum in numerous games with N1 swaps, and it's always a scum who replaces out. The fact that I was on poque and then Asiina and asiina came out swinging is enough for me.

Ah yes, the "replacements are always scum" airtight case.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Shanakin posted:

In the not unlikely event that I get lynched, and it shows I am in fact innocent. Please don't forget about all this.

Sorry, nobody is lynching you for a while because it's pretty obvious Gridlocked is telling you what to do.

Anyways, Meinberg seems to be reading the thread but not actually posting. That's pretty typical for what I remember of his scum game. Sorry that I can't build a case on people who aren't talking about loving anything. I'd rather go waste my time elsewhere.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
DC why are you ignoring DGK as a possibility for scum

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Asiina posted:

Ah yes, please loving talk about other people in this game you piece of poo poo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

lol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

Ah yes, please loving talk about other people in this game you piece of poo poo.

Calm Down DGK.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

Calm Down DGK.

Way to actually post your opinions on what others have said.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

I think Quandary is wasting a vote in voting for Shanakin. As he and I learnt earlier, attempting to hold out to the end is cool and all but getting distracted can ruin it.

We have literally like 2 days until the deadline dude. I'd be willing to vote for DGK and do think he's scum, but I'm more confident in Shanakin at this point.

DGK self voting does nothing to change my opinion of his alignment. Nor is the 'scum replace out' case worth anything.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

bowmore posted:

this is exactly the response self voting scum want

I've not changed my outlook on DGK. I just find self-voting a little pathetic.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Quandary posted:

We have literally like 2 days until the deadline dude. I'd be willing to vote for DGK and do think he's scum, but I'm more confident in Shanakin at this point.

DGK self voting does nothing to change my opinion of his alignment. Nor is the 'scum replace out' case worth anything.

How about the "Asiina will not talk about anyone else" case.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I've not changed my outlook on DGK. I just find self-voting a little pathetic.

I'm not playing this game to make friends.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo posting is how Asiina plays mafia, and you are scum, not sure how replacing is connected other than your paranoia

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
We're -1 to lynching DGK. Someone unvote so we dont lynch and waste a ton of good discussion time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

poo poo posting is how Asiina plays mafia

I think I made a good case :(

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

bowmore posted:

poo poo posting is how Asiina plays mafia, and you are scum, not sure how replacing is connected other than your paranoia

So, poo poo posting should be let slide? gently caress that bullshit.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Quandary posted:

We're -1 to lynching DGK. Someone unvote so we dont lynch and waste a ton of good discussion time.

Oh yeah, this is totally a solid town thing to say in any alignment.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DGK2000 posted:

I think you have enough discussion to decide if Im scum or not. And if you're saying this, you don't actually believe I'm scum.

It's nothing to do with if I think you're scum or not man; I just think the "gently caress it gonna vote for myself because obviously I'm gonna lose" is just poor quality behaviour.

QuoProQuid posted:

Don't do that, man. Give people a reason to not believe you are scum. Give me reads, thoughts, anything.

QPQ knows where it's at.

Dead Cow posted:

I still think it's bowmore and wwm, and I'd agree with wwm saying Shanakin is newbie scum.

fv is off the hook for now

##vote Shanakin

This is weird. You think a scummy player is WWM but you're ok with voting for someone else he is pointing the finger at?

Why?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

DGK2000 posted:

It actually is, though?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##unvote

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

Calm Down DGK.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dead Cow what are your thoughts on DGK?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

It makes literally no difference whether we lynch DGK right now or in two days, except that in that case we have 2 more days worth of posts to go on for later days.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

It actually is, though?

Im pointing it out for now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think DC is a good scum candidate, especially if DGK flips scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Quandary posted:

It makes literally no difference whether we lynch DGK right now or in two days, except that in that case we have 2 more days worth of posts to go on for later days.

Wonderful on paper, in practice it usually leads to two days of nobody posting until deadline.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

gently caress, let's all post our chainlynch dreams for this game.

Asiina, Meinberg, Bowmore.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I agree both are scummy, but lining up lynched doesn't look good for you either

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Calling out scum connections isn't the same as chainlynching, but nice try. :allears:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you just put forth a hypothetical chain lynch

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

Calling out scum connections isn't the same as chainlynching, but nice try. :allears:

Nope, but if then if then if then is stupid as gently caress as well.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I agree both are scummy, but lining up lynched doesn't look good for you either

Chainlynching is only bad when it's something like "if X is town then Y is scum" because it sets up weird wrong = scum dynamics and also suggests that the person knows the first lynch is going to be town. Saying that if someone turns out scum then this other person looks bad too because of their interactions is exactly what mafia is about. That's scumhunting.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok sesame street

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

ok sesame street

Where did Sesame Street come from?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
because Asiina is explaining to me what scum hunting is Elmo darling

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

because Asiina is explaining to me what scum hunting is Elmo darling

?????

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

ok sesame street

Well I want to know how it realistically makes me look like scum. Because if so you're essentially saying that I know DGK is scum, presumably because I'm scum with him, so I'm bussing the gently caress out of my scumbuddy in order to get town-DC lynched tomorrow. If "chainlynching is bad" then this is the scenario you've just described. If you don't believe that's what's happening then saying "you're setting up a chainlynch which doesn't make you look good" is a meaningless statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that's elmo right??

• Locked thread