Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Does that mean the OP is immune to that conversation augment from Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

You are not. When you understand this, you become a meta male. Actually, you don't even need to understand that.

Wow.. life really sucks being a meta-man.

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
I follow The Red Pill scene.

The theory is that beta males still manage to get laid.

It's just that Alphas are the ones that women instinctively want to have sex with, much like your typical man can look at a typical woman and wouldn't mind being dtf with her. Likewise, alpha males trigger lust in females in a way that beta males do not.

When beta males manage to get laid, the woman is not as eager as she would be with an alpha male, and likely the sex for her is merely instrumental in keeping the relationship going because the chick digs the dude's emotional investment and resources.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
real alphas post on internet forums in big hugboxes together with other anonymous men, talking about pills and peacocking

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I used to be in alpha pre-release but now that I've gained some experience I'm upgrading to beta, feature set seems stable enough

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
An alpha male is the sort of man who does not have to offer resources and emotional investment in order to get laid. Women just want to gently caress him, much like men want to gently caress your average woman.

Sexual conquest is simply easier for the alpha male.

A lot of beta males have an ego investment in being beta males so they dismiss the whole alpha/beta dichotomy lest they face their inferiority to alpha males and come to deal with the fact that their women probably had alpha cock in the past and possibly still lust for it.

lol the red pill = painful

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Zzulu posted:

real alphas post on internet forums in big hugboxes together with other anonymous men, talking about pills and peacocking

To acknowledge the alpha/beta dichtonomy is not to claim that you're an alpha, but to merely recognize the truth.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm a beta

As in, imma beta yo rear end, you postin crazy son

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Otto von Ruthless posted:

someone post that chart where dudes who obviously wouldn't be alpha had to make up new greek letter classifications to avoid considering themselves one of the hated beta males

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As I said, the attraction to 'alphas' is nothing but peer pressure multiplied by oppression. In a post-patriarchal society sex is no longer a commodity and as such no longer is a goal, so every form of sexual aggression is condemned. You may think such society is a society of 'betas', but it's really a society of metas, since there are no 'alphas'. Red pill is basically blue pill for meta males that ultimately hinders progress.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i'm an epsilon, though sometimes I feel more like a lambda

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
Wait, so a meta-male is a straight guy who doesn't have any sex, but also doesn't watch football? I'm confused.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

I'm mothra male

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im the omega male. i am necessary for the pack to function, but my position is dirt

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

im the omega male. i am necessary for the pack to function, but my position is dirt

the letter omega looks like butt, hope that helps

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

General Tofu posted:

Wait, so a meta-male is a straight guy who doesn't have any sex, but also doesn't watch football? I'm confused.

No, it means that none of it matters. It doesn't matter how much sex I 'get', my identity as a male is still valid and since this identity is a product of an informed choice, it's a better identity by default. I don't need hierarchy, because I'm above hierarchy.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
wait, it just occurred to me, you guys realize there's more to life than getting laid, right

right

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not only is it stupid to apply to humans but it turns out it doesn't even apply to dogs or wolves either

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e: oops

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

rabble rabble posted:

wait, it just occurred to me, you guys realize there's more to life than getting laid, right

right

Seeing this is seeing through the system of power and coercion. It bears repeating, but that's why the term is meta.

I see that people are having some troubles with my terminology, so instead of meta male, you may consider the term ur-male (with ur in its original Germanic meaning 'thoroughly'). A person is a male not because of what he does, but things he does pertain to his maleness. Hope it helps.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in wolves, it literally means the parents of the rest of the pack

the dumb definition applied to people basically just means "more driven than average"

please start using the definition used for wolves when referring to people, for simplicity's sake

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It would be fun to enforce a alpha-beta distincion in law. Only those randomly designated as "alpha" by a computer at birth may breed. The rest are castrated. Alpha`s will have to do nothing but breeding all day every day thereby making sex a boring and joyless thing for them. One half of the world would want to gently caress but be unable, the other half able and forced, but in no way willing. Should be a interesting experiment.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

man, I love putting two betta males in a single tank and watching them fight it out

they'll even attack their own reflection lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I identify as a sentient dong.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

RicochetD20 posted:

The alpha and beta come from biology, but completely disregards the fact that the Beta in a community till get some pussy, usually from being clever or unusual :biotruths:

the Sneaker Male lifestyle owns, but suddenly I feel like I've said too much

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

virtuous femboi

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

im trans epsilon

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
alpha male with a reddit account and a chip on his shoulder

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Alphas and betas are both unfinished and full of bugs.

I'm a GOTY Edition male with all DLCs and a season pass.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

I identify as a sentient dong.

does sentient dong have psionic powers tia vendagoat

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
its fun to go on redpill and click the profiles of the self-identified alpha males. they are universally very out of shape, wear fedoras, play video games, own multiple guns. it takes a special kind of insecure to read male cosmo dating tips on reddit and not be self-aware. lol if you have to put even a slight amount of effort into sex having.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

its fun to go on redpill and click the profiles of the self-identified alpha males. they are universally very out of shape, wear fedoras, play video games, own multiple guns. it takes a special kind of insecure to read male cosmo dating tips on reddit and not be self-aware. lol if you have to put even a slight amount of effort into sex having.

this made me wet

Mordacai
May 23, 2015

by Ralp
Triggering Intensifies.jpeg

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Paladinus posted:

Seeing this is seeing through the system of power and coercion. It bears repeating, but that's why the term is meta.

I see that people are having some troubles with my terminology, so instead of meta male, you may consider the term ur-male (with ur in its original Germanic meaning 'thoroughly'). A person is a male not because of what he does, but things he does pertain to his maleness. Hope it helps.

so do you refuse to treat language as anything other than prescriptive, or are you just so much of a sperglord that you don't understand that it's possible for language to be anything but prescriptive

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I eat the liver of every animal I kill while the rest of my friends watch.

Do NOT do this with a polar bear!!!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Where is the formal academic response to these quack theories propagated by weird creeps on the Internet? Obviously the Cathedral fears the truth.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Mr. Hand posted:

I follow The Red Pill scene.

The theory is that beta males still manage to get laid.

It's just that Alphas are the ones that women instinctively want to have sex with, much like your typical man can look at a typical woman and wouldn't mind being dtf with her. Likewise, alpha males trigger lust in females in a way that beta males do not.

When beta males manage to get laid, the woman is not as eager as she would be with an alpha male, and likely the sex for her is merely instrumental in keeping the relationship going because the chick digs the dude's emotional investment and resources.

Mr. Hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ephemeron posted:

Alphas and betas are both unfinished and full of bugs.

I'm a GOTY Edition male with all DLCs and a season pass.

This implies your one of the males whose season pass doesn't give you access to all the DLC

you loving rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread