Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

Because my focus was on bowmore, and later on bowmore, you and wwm

I dropped you from the equation because you actually started sounding like you weren't being influenced by outside knowledge.

I think wwm is bussing shanakin because shanakin is very obviously scum.

DC what is your response to my word vomit on the previous page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
So out of curiosity, since I can't really ask this after the act (I guess I'd get to see it but I'd prefer not to), let's say I get lynched, and I am innocent as I continue to claim: Now what happens? Who's scum etc?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The problem with your questions is that you are assuming I think both DC and Shanakin are scum together.

While I do think they are both scum, my opinion of each is irrespective of the alignment of the other. I'm not trying to tie my thoughts about them together, because I am still keeping in mind that I could be wrong about one or both.

As for your second question, I don't know. It would depend on who flipped. It would depend on future posts from both of you. It would depend on who voted and the reasons they gave for voting.

I see.

Personally I am not getting the traitor vibe from Shanakin in our mason interactions but he will most likely tell you the same thing about me, and he did, when you ask if he is getting one from me. I very willing to drop a vote for DC if she dosen't give me a reason not to as I said earlier.

I really believe we can't afford not to lynch SOMEONE today or we will be losing hard.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Gridlocked posted:

DC what is your response to my word vomit on the previous page?

Honestly? I think it's aligned with some of the thoughts I've had.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I can see this from WWM's perspective. If I thought an experienced player and a new player were both scum, I'd want to lynch the more experienced player first. The longer you leave inexperienced scum alive, the more likely they are to make it obvious who their scum buddies are.

Which is why we should lynch wwm instead of shanakin

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

You think WWM and you are scum and are covering for each other?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

Also you are being really flippant here. You voted for Shanakin while saying that you think WWM is scum. 1 (totally stealing FVs in text referencing system here) And are now saying we should be lynching WWM anyway seemingly forgetting this vote. Back me up on this FV, this is dodgy as hell right?

Honestly I am starting to suspect you more and more.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
##vote DC

Don't trust the cop claim, DC you are absolutely tunneled in on me, and even if you thought I was scum why aren't you voting me?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

##vote DC

Don't trust the cop claim, DC you are absolutely tunneled in on me, and even if you thought I was scum why aren't you voting me?

Why don't trust the cop claim?
Why did you vote for DGK over DC earlier; but now you say don't trust the cop claim and switch to DC? Do you not think DGK is guilty anymore?

What are your thoughts on Shanakin now?

What are your thoughts on me now, especially considering I pinged you for a while there?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Gridlocked posted:

Why don't trust the cop claim?
I'm not the kind of player who takes a claim at face value. I find DGK to be scummy. That hasn't changed. Couple of possibilities exist - 1. I'm wrong, DGK is town, Grandi is a cop, and will likely get NK'd tonight because our doctor is dead - statistically most likely; 2. I'm right, DGK is scum godfather, Grandi is a town cop who got a town result on DGK who will likely get NK'd tonight because our doctor is dead - obviously I'd prefer this scenario, and with a game this size having a scum godfather, roleblocker, and vanilla scum is a likely possibility. But again, this is speculation; 3. I'm right, DGK is scum, Grandi is scum and is lying to protect his scum bud - highly unlikely that Grandi would put himself out there this early.

quote:

Why did you vote for DGK over DC earlier; but now you say don't trust the cop claim and switch to DC? Do you not think DGK is guilty anymore?
I have to balance who I think is scum with who I think is likely to be lynched. I still don't trust DGK, but barring a cop counterclaim, that lynch is not happening today, and it would be foolish for me to pursue it. DC is my second choice, I still find her scummy and don't like how votes melted off her D1.

quote:

What are your thoughts on Shanakin now?
He's still scum, but he's newbie scum and has hung himself out to dry really early, so it will be easier to lynch him. I'm trying to get the bigger threats out of the way now.

quote:

What are your thoughts on me now, especially considering I pinged you for a while there?
I think you're likely town, I don't think Ecco would make two newbies scum. I don't trust Shana, obviously, you seem like you're trying more to hunt scum than he is and making more of an effort, while Shana is content to ride the coattails of other cases.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I think its ridiculous to get mad at me because I didn't get lynched.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dead Cow posted:

I think its ridiculous to get mad at me because I didn't get lynched.

Is it really though?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
DC, you missed these questions from me earlier.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So if we lynched Shanakin and he was scum you don't think it is possible that WWM was just town who thought he was scum?

Quandary has also made a case on Shanakin. Is he scum too?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
WWM if you don't trust the cop claim, why aren't you voting one of grandi/dgk?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Is it really though?
this was my first thought

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I'm not the kind of player who takes a claim at face value. I find DGK to be scummy. That hasn't changed. Couple of possibilities exist - 1. I'm wrong, DGK is town, Grandi is a cop, and will likely get NK'd tonight because our doctor is dead - statistically most likely; 2. I'm right, DGK is scum godfather, Grandi is a town cop who got a town result on DGK who will likely get NK'd tonight because our doctor is dead - obviously I'd prefer this scenario, and with a game this size having a scum godfather, roleblocker, and vanilla scum is a likely possibility. But again, this is speculation; 3. I'm right, DGK is scum, Grandi is scum and is lying to protect his scum bud - highly unlikely that Grandi would put himself out there this early.
I have to balance who I think is scum with who I think is likely to be lynched. I still don't trust DGK, but barring a cop counterclaim, that lynch is not happening today, and it would be foolish for me to pursue it. DC is my second choice, I still find her scummy and don't like how votes melted off her D1.
He's still scum, but he's newbie scum and has hung himself out to dry really early, so it will be easier to lynch him. I'm trying to get the bigger threats out of the way now.
I think you're likely town, I don't think Ecco would make two newbies scum. I don't trust Shana, obviously, you seem like you're trying more to hunt scum than he is and making more of an effort, while Shana is content to ride the coattails of other cases.

This is actually all good to me. I am willing to believe that I got a bit crazy paranoid on you there WWM.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Bowmore: Haven't heard from you in a while, what's your take on this?

Quandary: You were Shanakins most vocal oppoent at the start of this day; what is your stance now?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quandary posted:

this, he should still have his vote on DGK if he really doesn't trust it

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

this, he should still have his vote on DGK if he really doesn't trust it

I see why he doesn't though, he believes both DC and DGK to be scum and is fine with either getting lynched; it's just everyone stopped voting for DGK thus putting one vote on him and never moving is effectively wasting one vote for the town unless we all pile back onto DGK.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Grandicap posted:

It is still holiday weekend and I am only reading in the barest of senses, but there are more votes than I am comfortable with flying at DGK. This is a terrible idea with a flipped doc already, but.

I am a Cop.
N1 I investigated DGK and got a TOWN result.

I planned on making a case somewhere else after holiday weekend ended and moved the thread off of DGK with my fabulous mafia abilities, but since I am only going to be around in the barest of senses I think there would have been a good chance he would have been lynched before I got around to it. So, I'm taking the easy way out and claiming. Please look elsewhere.

Grandi, why did you choose DGK to investigate?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I would have investigated DGK after day 1

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

Also you are being really flippant here. You voted for Shanakin while saying that you think WWM is scum. 1 (totally stealing FVs in text referencing system here) And are now saying we should be lynching WWM anyway seemingly forgetting this vote. Back me up on this FV, this is dodgy as hell right?

Honestly I am starting to suspect you more and more.

FV do you agree with this assessment?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

on what?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

on what?

On the whole discussion of Shanakin, WWM and DC since you last posted?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think WWM is scummy for saying he distrusts the cop claim but changed vote anyway (BUT I also did this, so I can give it a mild pass)

DC is likely scum, I'd happily lynch.

Still haven't had time to read Shanakin, today maybe

is that all good?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

I see why he doesn't though, he believes both DC and DGK to be scum and is fine with either getting lynched; it's just everyone stopped voting for DGK thus putting one vote on him and never moving is effectively wasting one vote for the town unless we all pile back onto DGK.

This is a really bad way to view votes. Until the deadline is close, a vote is nothing more than a symbolic show of where you believe scum is. If you legitimately believe someone is scum, it doesn't make sense to pull a vote off of them until the deadline, as the vote is what shows your suspicion. If he doesn't believe the cop claim then he should be fighting to convince the rest of us to his viewpoint, not going "oh well no-one agrees might as well vote elsewhere".

I can't decide if doing that is scummy or just being bad at mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

FV do you agree with this assessment?

No. DC has been pretty consistent about thinking both were scum. She's just moved her vote from one of them to the other.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No. DC has been pretty consistent about thinking both were scum. She's just moved her vote from one of them to the other.

I think her "which is why we should lynch wwm not Shanakin" comment is a bit odd though in light of her previous vote and comments. It just seems off.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

I think her "which is why we should lynch wwm not Shanakin" comment is a bit odd though in light of her previous vote and comments. It just seems off.

Do you think she's scum? You keep talking negatively about her.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Do you think she's scum? You keep talking negatively about her.

Yes:

Gridlocked posted:

:words:

tl;dr vote for WWM. I also think DC maybe scum now (:(). WWM appears to be throwing up blinds for her. Seriously read my post, I put effort into it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So...right now you think they are both town? Or scum?

Those are some pretty vague opinions.

Also I notice that Asiina hasn't answered this, and I would like it answered.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quandary posted:

This is a really bad way to view votes. Until the deadline is close, a vote is nothing more than a symbolic show of where you believe scum is. If you legitimately believe someone is scum, it doesn't make sense to pull a vote off of them until the deadline, as the vote is what shows your suspicion. If he doesn't believe the cop claim then he should be fighting to convince the rest of us to his viewpoint, not going "oh well no-one agrees might as well vote elsewhere".

I can't decide if doing that is scummy or just being bad at mafia.

This is dumb, you can definitely think more than one person is scum at a time and you can't be voting for both. I agree with WWM, I'm not sure I believe in the cop claim, although I lean towards godfather rather than Grandi just making it up. But it's not the best vote today, so it's fine to go to a different choice.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

Also I notice that Asiina hasn't answered this, and I would like it answered.

Because the question is pointless, I already said how I feel about them based on their posting. Not everything results in an airtight scum or town read.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Asiina posted:

Because the question is pointless, I already said how I feel about them based on their posting. Not everything results in an airtight scum or town read.

That question is about myself and Shanakin, which I don't think you have already said yet.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Quandary posted:

Because lynching the uncounterclaimed cop would be dumb.

I would love to lynch DGK, but I don't feel like battling that particular windmill right now. I certainly don't trust him, but short of a huge groundswell of support, nobody else is going to lynch someone with a town result on them.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Grandicap posted:

It is still holiday weekend and I am only reading in the barest of senses, but there are more votes than I am comfortable with flying at DGK. This is a terrible idea with a flipped doc already, but.

I am a Cop.
N1 I investigated DGK and got a TOWN result.

I planned on making a case somewhere else after holiday weekend ended and moved the thread off of DGK with my fabulous mafia abilities, but since I am only going to be around in the barest of senses I think there would have been a good chance he would have been lynched before I got around to it. So, I'm taking the easy way out and claiming. Please look elsewhere.

Why did you investigate DGK? Why not Kleedrac, who you focused a significant amount of time on yesterday and encouraged people to vote for (1) (2) (3)?

Why claim on D2? A mislynch is bad but potentially losing both the doctor and the cop on consecutive nights seems almost inordinately worse.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

MAFIA EDIT: I'm inclined to believe Grandicap's claim for the time being, just because I haven't noticed anything particularly suspicious about his behavior and because his claim is still uncountered. Nonetheless, I would warn against discounting DGK outright. I agree with those saying that we should shift our focus for the time being and see how the situation plays out.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Your feelings were a bunch of white noise. I know you can't be airtight on everyone, but you couldn't even say which way you were leaning on either bowmore or Shanakin.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I thought the whole DGK\DC interaction was interesting and would give me the most information going forward. I did not want to drop the investigation on DC or Kleedrac because I thought I or someone else could swing a vote on either of them with some doing. I wanted to investigate someone who a) I have trouble reading and b)will be around for at least a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Your feelings were a bunch of white noise. I know you can't be airtight on everyone, but you couldn't even say which way you were leaning on either bowmore or Shanakin.

I don't think there is anything particularly scummy about either of their posts, which btw is what I said the first time.

Asiina posted:

I think bowmore is someone who isn't really paying a whole lot of attention, but I don't see that as a scumtell for him. I feel like the Shanakin case is pretty shaky. Yes he (she?) was one of the people who didn't vote for DC at the end of the day, and that is suspicious, but I'll take Shanakin and Gridlocked at their word that Shanakin forgot deadline. The rest looks like typical newbie awkwardness and is generally null. With a gun to my head I'd vote Shanakin, but I think there are much better votes out there currently.

• Locked thread