Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I have now reached 49% in Donkey Kong 64 after finishing Gloomy Galleon, which was a cool level except for the fact that it was way too loving open and had a lot of stuff the camera kept getting stuck on and the draw distance made it hard to see a lot of things, like Chunky's last fifteen bananas. Alongside this, I have reached Kaos Kore in DKC3 with 54% and am planning to get 100% on it and DKC2 after I beat the final boss.

Perfect Dark also continues to be the single best FPS ever made for the Nintendo 64. I like good video games.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Colonel posted:

Perfect Dark also continues to be the single best FPS ever made
:monocle:

The Colonel posted:

for the Nintendo 64.
:geno:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I bought Addams Family and don't think I'll ever need another table.

Oh poo poo, this is available now?! loving FINALLY

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

he typoed, actually meant xbox 360

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

he typoed, actually meant xbox 360
best FPS on 360 is still Bulletstorm

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't have my xbox anymore, but it was a very good game on that too

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Great Joe posted:

best FPS on 360 is still Bulletstorm

That poo poo was in the bargain bin for less than a dollar, what the gently caress?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Beat DKC3, so now I'm gonna get all the DK and Kremkoins in Diddy's Kong Quest, then come back and do the same in this one.

I can kind of get why people seem to look down on DKC3, honestly. It's a super good game, but something about it just doesn't feel as awesome as the second one. There are a lot of cool things about it that I dig, but for some reason DKC2 just feels better to play.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

That poo poo was in the bargain bin for less than a dollar, what the gently caress?
Some people just hate fun, dude.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm surprised there hadn't been a college course about Dark Souls yet

It's called Computer Science

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I've got 120 golden bananas and all bananas/banana coins/banana medals/banana fairies in every world from Jungle Japes to Fungi Forest. I am about to go do some poo poo in Crystal Caves. That rabbit was a real pain in the rear end, tbh. Doing a complete playthrough makes DK64's issues much more apparent, but I still like it. Also now at 74% completion in Diddy's Kong Quest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

I've got 120 golden bananas and all bananas/banana coins/banana medals/banana fairies in every world from Jungle Japes to Fungi Forest. I am about to go do some poo poo in Crystal Caves. That rabbit was a real pain in the rear end, tbh. Doing a complete playthrough makes DK64's issues much more apparent, but I still like it. Also now at 74% completion in Diddy's Kong Quest.

I have a better challenge for you

get 100% on Rayman legends and Rayman origins.

As in beat all time trials. collect everything ever, and beat Land of the Livid Dead.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have a better challenge for you

get 100% on Rayman legends and Rayman origins.

As in beat all time trials. collect everything ever, and beat Land of the Livid Dead.

This will be a difficult challenge. Perhaps some day, I will have the gaming strength to attempt such a feat.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
so i just bought jojo's asb on ps3 and mario 3D world

and

they are both extremely good, well-polished games that i am enjoying fully

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

so i just bought jojo's asb on ps3 and mario 3D world

and

they are both extremely good, well-polished games that i am enjoying fully

I've been playing 3D world a little at a time, in World 3 now. it's definitely a lot of fun looking for the stars and stamps and making sure to get the flagpole on all the levels.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i hope this game isn't actually just 5 or 6 worlds though. cuz that might mean i'm already almost done it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

i hope this game isn't actually just 5 or 6 worlds though. cuz that might mean i'm already almost done it
It's not as ridiculously long as Galaxy but it is a full game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the problem with all post Galaxy games is that Galaxy sets a really high bar - so high it's up in outer space!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
3D World is surprisingly good after so many bland New Super Mario Bros games.

ASB gets boring pretty quickly, even if you're a big JoJo fan

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rayman might actuall have too much content. It rules

Excels posted:

When you beat 3d world its only 2/3rds over

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

ASB gets boring pretty quickly, even if you're a big JoJo fan

i got all the DLC so it should last a pretty long time if i'm only playing it when company comes over. it's slick as gently caress and BAOH is in it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah recent Rayman games never loving end, ever, which is cool at the same time as it is kinda exhausting

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I didn't get Rayman until a few months ago and I couldn't believe I didn't get it sooner. Kung Foot is worth the price on its own.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Welp :lol: Star Citizen

http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/a-developer-accidentally-leaks-48gb-of-data-from-the-entire-unfinished-build-of-star-citizen/

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fEDEZbGd6_0

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

this is incredibly awesome and funny. now they can get a headstart on rule 34 of star citizen.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's nice to see that the opening to Star Fox 64 is still making the rounds.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks badass.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Weren't they claiming this was a Half-Life 2 style actual hack for a bit, not just some developer loving up majorly?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

This will be a difficult challenge. Perhaps some day, I will have the gaming strength to attempt such a feat.

It took me like a week

Also it's funny that Blizzard announces that they're moving away from MMOs because the gameplay just isn't there for the audience anymore, and Star Citizen has yet to come out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Star Citizen is going to transcend boundaries, being both an MMO, multiplayer game, and single player experience.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so with these assets does that mean everyone can hack themselves a ship that cost some saudi prince a quarter million dollars?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Alain Post posted:

Star Citizen is going to transcend boundaries, being both an MMO, multiplayer game, and single player experience.

You actually posted a reasonable defense of ME3's ending a while back so I'm wondering if this isn't just trolling

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Alain Post posted:

This is what Blizzard said about Warlords of Draenor and 3 million+ people dropped the game after finding out it was a ruse. They reallocated people to Diablo 3, Heroes, Hearthstone and Starcraft because nobody is buying WoW poo poo anymore and it's been eclipsed by their other titles.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is what Blizzard said about Warlords of Draenor and 3 million+ people dropped the game after finding out it was a ruse. They reallocated people to Diablo 3, Heroes, Hearthstone and Starcraft because nobody is buying WoW poo poo anymore and it's been eclipsed by their other titles.

It doesn't help WoD is the worst expansion ever for WoW , gutting dailies, flying, and professions for a Farmville clone.

and yet FFXIV is gaining subs and about to release an expansion to an MMO that shouldn't exist. It's tipsy turvy world in MMO right now.

theultimo fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 26, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

StashAugustine posted:

You actually posted a reasonable defense of ME3's ending a while back so I'm wondering if this isn't just trolling

I love Mass Effect 3.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah and although I disagreed with the reasoning it actually made sense; I was wondering if you had a reasonable defense of Star Citizen as well

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The writer of that article posted:

Despite how long the game has been in development and how much cash the project has raked in, the developers have been keeping their cards quite close to their chest – probably to avoid hyping things up too much in fear of their fans getting restless.

ayy lmao

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

StashAugustine posted:

I was wondering if you had a reasonable defense of Star Citizen as well

There is no such thing

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

theultimo posted:

It doesn't help WoD is the worst expansion ever for WoW , gutting dailies, flying, and professions for a Farmville clone.

and yet FFXIV is gaining subs and about to release an expansion to an MMO that shouldn't exist. It's tipsy turvy world in MMO right now.

I agree that WoD sucks balls, but I wouldn't call it the worst expansion ever.

Its funny though, people were praising garrisons and the lack of dailies, even though they are the same thing except one of them involves actually doing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I for one am dissapointed it's not a hoax designed to defraud people... because its a kind of game I feel like theres no point playing without dropping several thousand dollars on. Which is a precedent I find terrifying.

I still think people deserved to get all their money taken on this. I know I am a terrible person. But they spent thousands, or tens of thousands, on internet spaceships that had yet to be coded. In a game that did not yet exist.

• Locked thread