Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Fast leveler aka literally zero life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Is the average pop on this server really sub-100 right now?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I think it's more than that. The goon guild alone had 45 ppl on last night for AQ. Leveling is gonna be a ghost town though, usually around 5 other players in a zone with me up to Badlands.

Ashenden posted:

Is the average pop on this server really sub-100 right now?

Khako fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 22, 2015

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Non-goon friend and I are going to give this a go. He didn't start playing till BC so I'm interested to show him was stuff was like in Vanilla.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I may play again on my druid. I quit some time back, and am on the wrong time zone to join your raids, but could heal some dungeons and just fart around.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

If I were to start with this now would I be able to get gear when I hit 60 or is everyone just doing the very endgame content?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Worldshatter posted:

If I were to start with this now would I be able to get gear when I hit 60 or is everyone just doing the very endgame content?

Getting gear in Vanilla not really that hard, if you get 60 you'll be fine.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

Tanners posted:

Getting gear in Vanilla not really that hard, if you get 60 you'll be fine.
Alright then, I'll install it and give it a go, how viable was paladin healing in vanilla?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Generally only the worst and most unreliable healers are Paladins it's strange.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Worldshatter posted:

Alright then, I'll install it and give it a go, how viable was paladin healing in vanilla?

Pretty awesome.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

SHISHKABOB posted:

Generally only the worst and most unreliable healers are Paladins it's strange.

Perfect, sounds like my kind of deal

FondleMySarcasm
Nov 3, 2007
In as Tahbs.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
In as Harr.

Aximus
Aug 18, 2010
In as Zadin.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Where are all these people coming from :aaa:

Edit: Also there are 4 14 slot bags for the next newbie that asks for them!

Firos fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 25, 2015

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The horn was blown. It was heard from many lands abroad. They've just taken more time to arrive.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: HEY GUYS remember we have a raid tonight @ 7:30 EST

Come kill things with us

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

DrSeRRoD posted:

The horn was blown. It was heard from many lands abroad. They've just taken more time to arrive.

I had slumbered many years only to awaken to the sound of such a horn

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
Just started playing with a friend of mine for dumb nostalgia reasons. I'm surprised the game is as fun as I remember it being in the mid 2000's. I was pretty sure it was going to take a big grindy dump on my fond memories.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
Finally got back in!

Who is <OG>? New Stormfarts?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Kind of, they just relaunched their guild. I think they are returning from Nos or Kron because they all showed up at once the same was Grizzly did in the past.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Doctor Soup posted:

Just started playing with a friend of mine for dumb nostalgia reasons. I'm surprised the game is as fun as I remember it being in the mid 2000's. I was pretty sure it was going to take a big grindy dump on my fond memories.

Are you like level 10 or something.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Are you like level 10 or something.

Highest I've gotten is 21, on my mage. I'm guessing things get much worse?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Doctor Soup posted:

Not really :shrug:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Doctor Soup posted:

It slows down a little bit after STV I would say. Not too bad though

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Really it's just crazy how much different it is leveling in modern wow. Running a dungeon will net you like two levels each one you do. And you get zapped there. You outlevel a zone before you're halfway through the quests. Going from 90 to 100 was fun, but the 1-60 is just :downs:

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Grinding for days :suicide:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

At least with a hunter, you can find a place with some green mobs, set pet to aggressive, and watch a show!

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Firos posted:

Where are all these people coming from :aaa:

Edit: Also there are 4 14 slot bags for the next newbie that asks for them!

i'll take those bags off you if you still have 'em

b a g b o y s

Fiberoptic Fable
Sep 6, 2011
Hell Gem
Ok i decided to give this server a go, never tried a privat vanilla server before.

I`m a female nightelf hunter named Qtpetgurl (don`t judge a ton of good names were already taken).

Since this server is so old, does that mean it is mostly bug free now?

Also how is the latency for EU players here? Starting zone seems fine but i can`t check the Battleground or Raid servers.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

^^^^
I'm EU and I don't think I've ever had latency issues in BGs or raids independent of all the USA people. Although once or twice there have been issues where me and Starshards were getting dced a bunch for some reason (we're both in the UK).

Jalleyfish posted:

i'll take those bags off you if you still have 'em

b a g b o y s

Bags are gone now I'm afraid :(

mewse
May 2, 2006

This questing mod is insanely good and should be in the OP probably

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

mewse posted:

This questing mod is insanely good and should be in the OP probably

Added it

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
Here's another really good questing mod:

https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/wiki

Some guys have been developing this thing called Questie, it's absolutely excellent, in that it does a lot more of automatically showing stuff on the map, giving you arrows to point to stuff ... if you're a loving idiot like me and want more pointers in where to go with quests then try this one out.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
How is the server doing? Is it enough people around for raids and dungeons nowadays?

e: AddOn Talk. The LGW_STV Addon is essential. It's somewhere on the forum. GET IT! Don't ask what it does :dance:

Tigern fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 27, 2015

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!

Tigern posted:

How is the server doing? Is it enough people around for raids and dungeons nowadays?

e: AddOn Talk. The LGW_STV Addon is essential. It's somewhere on the forum. GET IT! Don't ask what it does :dance:

I dug back through the thread a bit, here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5dcwg08444s7th/LGW_STV-0.9.zip

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

landofcake posted:

I dug back through the thread a bit, here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5dcwg08444s7th/LGW_STV-0.9.zip

Thanks!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Tigern posted:

Less than there was before, but enough to run stuff (at least on Alliance, Horde is hurting a bit).

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

DrSeRRoD posted:

Less than there was before, but enough to run stuff (at least on Alliance, Horde is hurting a bit).

I'm willing to bet a lot of folk left to play the new WoW Expansion. like I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

We didn't really lose many people to that as much as boredom, burnout, and the new launch of a fresh priv vanilla server. Some people on ED have quit or jumped over, and then once again when the 2nd new one was launched, so it hit the population a bit since it is the 'older' of the servers and people wanted to get a fresh start and grind for BiS gear and then trying to raid MC all over again.

Hopefully ED gets some people leaping back over and filling up again in the near future, especially if they do get Naxx launched at the end of summer. They expect summer to be a rough time on the server as it has in the past years, but hopefully we can keep the goon guild alive to that time so we can clear the full vanilla content eventually.

• Locked thread