Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Level Slide posted:

Speaking of LPs, I read the actual thread for Chip's Watch_Dogs LP against my better judgment and gently caress. The LP itself is nice, but the people who post in there have absolutely no drive for self-improvement and it irks me. "Welcome to Chip LPs" is not an excuse, stop using it like one. One of the few nice things Zorak did was type a whole lot of words about Tibetan stuff during Chip's Uncharted 2 LP, presumably to bring up a topic that wasn't about Drake being a murderer. I've seen the posting ability of humanity, and I see nothing stopping them from making good posts. I'll still keep up with Watch_Dogs, because Chip is a competent video game player and I'm curious as to how it turns out, but not enough to actually buy a copy myself.

Burn down the sandcastle.

Read the Wonderful 101 thread around 3/4 or so through the game if you want to see people who very clearly understand nothing at all about the blatantly obvious themes or atmosphere of the game. It was then that I decided I would never read any LP post that is not an update.

LP has more brokebrains than E/N.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Reaction videos to anime, are they better or worse than LP's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li8iYjBlFhM&t=1140s

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anime.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
My coworker said "gently caress TTGL! I ain't watching this anymore!"

Someone just hit episode 7.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RIP

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i'll just go back tomorrow and take all the pictures again

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

here are 2 of the good ones do you think i should post them

I don't know because they're not showing up in my browser. :v:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

chumbler posted:

Read the Wonderful 101 thread around 3/4 or so through the game if you want to see people who very clearly understand nothing at all about the blatantly obvious themes or atmosphere of the game. It was then that I decided I would never read any LP post that is not an update.

LP has more brokebrains than E/N.

Yeah, I don't know why I read the threads either.

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

My coworker said "gently caress TTGL! I ain't watching this anymore!"

Someone just hit episode 7.

You know, I should rewatch Gurren Lagann one of these days. I remember the director or some other important person saying you should watch it when you're 20, and again at 40.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Those pics are fine.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

i'll just go back tomorrow and take all the pictures again

you're going to get arrested

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jostiband posted:

I don't know because they're not showing up in my browser. :v:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

you're going to get arrested

on the bright side he's going to be v. knowledgable about the world of shoujo manga. I think that's worth some time in jail.

e: Man, those look great! Nothing wrong with those.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ok im uploading them all but i'm taking out the one with my reflection

i'm sorry for them being so bad, i was running out of battery and didn't think to take pics on my knees

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

this electrical outlet is out of focus! I am the world's worst photographer! :cry:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

*enhances the pictures like in csi*

AHA, smoking crow is... a man??

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
that kid kicked sand in cool cat's face

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
those pics are fine crow

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

also, if you have any more of that art nouveau stuff, that would be extremely my poo poo. :swoon:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jostiband posted:

also, if you have any more of that art nouveau stuff, that would be extremely my poo poo. :swoon:

yeah, that artist had ~10 pictures there and they all look like that

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ok here's the album some of them are bad. info placards always refer to the image preceding it. if you tell me which ones are egregious, i'll go back and take them again

http://imgur.com/a/ntuLk

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

finally, touhou is in a musuem

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

it's almost midnight and you're making me want to read a LOT of shoujo right now... :smith:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'd never heard of any of these artists do you guys know about them

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Yeah, I've read some of it.
They used to come up in the sho&ro thread occasionally when people were in a mood for some oldschool stuff. Not sure whether that's still the case since I haven't dropped in there for a while. You should ask there probably.
But there's also some peeps I've never heard of that I really want to check out now because some of that art is really great!
Thanks for the dump!

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

wow, that was barely even english. i'd better get some sleep before I end up like that Kinmoza girl

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jostiband posted:

Thanks for the dump!
i think axemaniac says that a lot

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

:vince:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

idgi :(

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

axemaniac drew this about his avatar.

Extremely :nws: http://i.imgur.com/neBDjdj.jpg :nws:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Level Slide posted:

Also was it Namtab that posted his thoughts as he read some person's National Novel Writing Month entry? The one that had the lyrics for Froggy Went a'Courtin just pasted in.

That was a fine Let's Play.

It's sad when I remember that my only good posts were three years ago

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I see... :stare:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reading a guy's nano abortion was good training for the mahouka thread, though

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The LP subforum is oversaturated and full of bad posters but it's literally the only thing people still reg for so...

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I would like to thank DrSunshine for watching that show, so we didn't have to.

e: gently caress! I just checked the thread and our Saviour was in fact Srice. I'm just going to stop posting now.

Jostiband fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 27, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

You're gonna carry that weight.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
do we get to talk about j-dramas here or do i have to go to TVIV for that?

either way i just watched hanzawa naoki and it's basically the most anime live-action thing i've ever seen, it was great. watch hanzawa naoki.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I watched legal high and it was good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Legal highs are NOT good, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
even when i did post on tvtropes i was like 'come on you don't have to talk in tropes every time just say normal words'

because yeah most of them are super dumb names

one day I was on a ride in my Talbot's Dilemma when my Templar Nakama pulled a Boogie Gambit on me. Subverted, when it turned out it was just trying to Awfulness Bite me in the Leg Parker

• Locked thread