Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

everythingWasBees posted:

Is the MG Gundam MK-II good? That's one of a handful of Gundams I actually like.

If it has "2.0" in the name, it's a quality kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
You know, I'm not getting into Try as much. Season 1 was a Gundam show fought with toys. Season 2 is a gunpla show.

Still going to buy 3 copies of the Ez-SR kit though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chutche2 posted:

You know, I'm not getting into Try as much. Season 1 was a Gundam show fought with toys. Season 2 is a gunpla show.

Still going to buy 3 copies of the Ez-SR kit though.

Season 2 isn't even a very good gunpla show. The designs and modifications from BF1 were generally a lot better (I still want a Tallgeese Valkyrie). Try's best were Powered GM Cardigan, Star Winning, and The End and everything else was mediocre or barely different.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

Season 2 isn't even a very good gunpla show. The designs and modifications from BF1 were generally a lot better (I still want a Tallgeese Valkyrie). Try's best were Powered GM Cardigan, Star Winning, and The End and everything else was mediocre or barely different.

The Build Burning Gundams were pretty good, but a lot of the kits they tried to push were very clearly Original Character, DO NOT STEAL! :goonsay: instead of customs of actual kits.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

chumbler posted:

I like some of them. I'm totally getting an R-Gyagya. But that's because Gyanko is my spirit animal, the Gyan is the first MG I ordered.

I wish Team Anglerfish had actual customized MS because I'm a sucker for zeon aquatic suits. The only ones I don't have right now are a zock and a zaku mariner.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bimmi posted:

Be careful with this stuff on bare plastic, the solvent is apparently quite aggressive and i've heard some horror stories.

Enamel thinner horror story confirmed first hand here. The plastic became super brittle and would flake off just from a light touch.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
has anyone every made a seravee II from the Biggest Hat Ever that comes with raphael

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
So I built my RG Z'Gok and I can't get the connector port to work at all. It just falls right off when I put the mobile suit on the stand. What am I doing wrong?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm going to be bummed if they don't release an HG Kamiki Burning. it's the coolest looking Burning variant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

i'm going to be bummed if they don't release an HG Kamiki Burning. it's the coolest looking Burning variant.

It's a protagonist Gundam belonging to the best most important character in Try Fighters and hey why are you all laughing? It's definitely gonna get a kit, and yeah it was a pretty good design.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bimmi posted:

It is what it is, but that doesn't stop me from wanting a bit more. The original MGs were kind of cheeze too so I'm hoping the line will grow out of it eventually.

It's not perfect and there's certainly room for it to evolve, but I'm pleased with the line so far. I'm sure people said the same thing about the early MGs, so :v:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Build Burning Gundams were pretty good, but a lot of the kits they tried to push were very clearly Original Character, DO NOT STEAL! :goonsay: instead of customs of actual kits.

I've haven't watched Try, but its designs look to be way more about overdeisgned special snowflake Gundams instead of cool-looking modded versions of existing kits. The new designs feel like they're trying too hard to be cool and original.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

chumbler posted:

I share your love of Tallgeese, as all right thinking and virtuous people do, but it's still kind of a boondoggle what with piloting it causing enough strain to kill you and all.

Clearly the solution is to remove the weak link: the flesh. Full Cyborg Tallgeese 2016. :unsmigghh:

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Midjack posted:

Enamel thinner horror story confirmed first hand here. The plastic became super brittle and would flake off just from a light touch.

That's why you should always gloss coat your kit before using enamel wash

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Or just use an acrylic wash that won't dissolve your model.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chutche2 posted:

I like some of them. I'm totally getting an R-Gyagya. But that's because Gyanko is my spirit animal, the Gyan is the first MG I ordered.

I wish Team Anglerfish had actual customized MS because I'm a sucker for zeon aquatic suits. The only ones I don't have right now are a zock and a zaku mariner.

Nearly half the part count for the Zock are the claws. It was a simple but interesting build for me.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

An Angry Bug posted:

Or just use an acrylic wash that won't dissolve your model.

I've done acrylic washes on my last 2-3 models and have come to the conclusion that they do indeed suck. Maybe it's the brand I'm using, but I'm going to try something else or just go back to Gundam Markers for the next build.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

systemchronos posted:

That's why you should always gloss coat your kit before using enamel wash

No poo poo; let me get on the time telephone and tell myself that two years ago.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Bimmi posted:

I've done acrylic washes on my last 2-3 models and have come to the conclusion that they do indeed suck. Maybe it's the brand I'm using, but I'm going to try something else or just go back to Gundam Markers for the next build.

Wait, really? I use GW's washes and they work great.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

chumbler posted:

You forgot Totally not Gao-Gai-Gar TRY-On 3!

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I splurged on some kits because I got a new apartment and my shelves are bare. Picked up a Mock, HG Turn A, and a Bearguy F. I just have to break out the modeling supplies to see how my gundam markers and paints did in the desert heat for almost a year.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Done my first two Reconguista kits:

Both were simple, straightforward builds, especially the Elf Bullock. The Montero had three downright evil stickers, and the Bullock was clearly a compromised design (especially where poseability was concerned), but the end result was good enough that it's hard to complain about either.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Zedd posted:

You forgot Totally not Gao-Gai-Gar TRY-On 3!

I need all you guys to buy the HG so they can release the MG and then I just buy that. Thanks dudes

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I need all you guys to buy the HG so they can release the MG and then I just buy that. Thanks dudes

Buy both of them you cheapass. :colbert:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

An Angry Bug posted:

Wait, really? I use GW's washes and they work great.

I assume they're formulated not to suck, mebbe I'll try me some of those.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

TaurusOxford posted:

Buy both of them you cheapass. :colbert:

I'm really tempted to use the HG version to display the uncombined forms in front of the MG if that ever comes out.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Luminaflare posted:

I'm really tempted to use the HG version to display the uncombined forms in front of the MG if that ever comes out.
I'm actually thinking of getting two HGs just because I love that drat lion form so much.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bimmi posted:

I assume they're formulated not to suck, mebbe I'll try me some of those.

There is a thread in Traditional Games dedicated to making GBS threads on everything Games Workshop does and telling people not to buy Games Workshop products in order to hasten the death of the company, and even they will admit that Games Workshop washes and technical paints are pretty good.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I dunno, I'd prefer to use Privateer Press paints. Their metallics are way better than GW, and I like their inks. They're just lacking the wide range of washes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So now that it's finally popped up on dalong, holy god the Dahack is incredibly my poo poo and I have no idea why other than "beam shield hands".

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Darth Walrus posted:

Done my first two Reconguista kits:

Both were simple, straightforward builds, especially the Elf Bullock. The Montero had three downright evil stickers, and the Bullock was clearly a compromised design (especially where poseability was concerned), but the end result was good enough that it's hard to complain about either.

My gf build the Elf Bullock last month and was also super shocked at how easy it went together. It's definitely a weird design to pose, since the laser feet kind of always point backwards, which doesn't make much sense, and having them point forward makes the legs look dumb. She settled for Robot Jesus and that was that.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Man, that montero really needs some paint apps, the bland blue plastic just doesn't do it for me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The earlier talk about ground GM got me to dig mine out and I noticed there's an issue with the right hand socket. It doesn't allow for any rotation without popping loose and it definitely can't hold the machine gun or beam rifle without it pointing at someone's feet. Ate these common issues with the model? Any ideas for a fix?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

for some reason i couldn't find any posts of the G-Reco scratchbuilds in Hobby Japan. Gundamguy posted the Fold Knife but not the other two: Gaitrash and Z'gocky
my copy came today so i made some mediocre scans: http://imgur.com/a/aJh9v

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

dogsicle posted:

for some reason i couldn't find any posts of the G-Reco scratchbuilds in Hobby Japan. Gundamguy posted the Fold Knife but not the other two: Gaitrash and Z'gocky
my copy came today so i made some mediocre scans: http://imgur.com/a/aJh9v

Wow there's a robot called Gay Trash? I really need to watch g-reco. Too bad it's all blocked in the US now? :shrug:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Oh drat, Z'Gocky looks cool. Very Sumo.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

peeNamaste posted:

Wow there's a robot called Gay Trash? I really need to watch g-reco. Too bad it's all blocked in the US now? :shrug:

I think someone at Gundaminfo hit the wrong button. Right around Easter OO vanished and G-Reco stopped updating. Then they dumped all the G-Reco episodes but marked them as private. :iiam:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Z'Gocky looks more like a construction mech than an aquatic one, IMO

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

The Z'Gocky looks more like a construction mech than an aquatic one, IMO

It's almost literally a cross between the Z'Gok E (no duh) and the The O. With drills.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
raphael is really cool but they should've made a seravee II kit

hell i'd take a raphael dominions kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

God I'd love a Z 'Gocky kit.