Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

If youre serious whi h yard what state do you have pictures and can you Go back? Even if it looks like poo poo there are parts that are possibly NLA for any price if it's not a burned up shell

Schmidt's Auto Inc

6918 Meffert Rd

Waunakee, WI 53597
(608) 255-1311

Shell looked pretty straight from a few rows back, (beige), I didn't poke around too much cause it was blocked by some poo poo and I had to get back. Give em a call, but fair warning the guys are dickheads. On the bright hand they tend not to scrap older stuff. I might be going back Wed to try to find a coil for a buddy.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just called them, they have 2 but they're both 1981 hatchbacks so basically nothing I can use :(

E: if you Do go back get pics anyways just in case their inventory is wrong but there's a lot less hope for anything after hearing them say 81

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 19, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Just called them, they have 2 but they're both 1981 hatchbacks so basically nothing I can use :(

E: if you Do go back get pics anyways just in case their inventory is wrong but there's a lot less hope for anything after hearing them say 81

Aw sorry man, yea ill let you know.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean come on, how could anyone from a distance with their view obscured confuse this for my car?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I was also distracted by the anger I felt towards having to be there in the first place. First having to find the Hyundai's (no they were not buy the Kias who would think that was a good idea.) Then finding the years with the hosed up rear strut/control arm mounting brackets that old Sonatas have. And then having to fish them out of a rusted to poo poo car half buried in a puddle with spare wheel jacks I had to find laying around in random trunks while the assholes that run that place laughed at me from a fork lift. I had to then drive the 25 min back to the shop to grab a pitman arm puller that I used to remove the lower shock from the knuckle cause it wouldnt budge after sitting in said muddy puddle for however many years. 4 hours of my day gone. I wish I knew what a pick and pull looked like.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Preoptopus posted:

I was also distracted by the anger I felt towards having to be there in the first place. First having to find the Hyundai's (no they were not buy the Kias who would think that was a good idea.) Then finding the years with the hosed up rear strut/control arm mounting brackets that old Sonatas have. And then having to fish them out of a rusted to poo poo car half buried in a puddle with spare wheel jacks I had to find laying around in random trunks while the assholes that run that place laughed at me from a fork lift. I had to then drive the 25 min back to the shop to grab a pitman arm puller that I used to remove the lower shock from the knuckle cause it wouldnt budge after sitting in said muddy puddle for however many years. 4 hours of my day gone. I wish I knew what a pick and pull looked like.

I think you missed the sarcasm :v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
lol no i did but just needed to unload that somewhere and STR's triffles are always worse than mine in the chat thread. It was a day after the limo fracas.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 20, 2015

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Looks like $440 plus $100 from Mr. Dick and whatever the Europeans lurking around here can come up with. Possibly the goal is $800 rather than $1200 or $1400 or whatever.

1 day, 22 hours to go.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

No disrespect to Admiral Footlong but you people seem a little too eager to get him killed in a tiny fireball.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

I'll put $100 toward it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

$20 because this idea is silly and fantastic.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

No disrespect to Admiral Footlong but you people seem a little too eager to get him killed in a tiny fireball.
Something something Valhalla, something something shiny and chrome.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

loving stop it! I'm going to go see it Monday.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That's cool, I'm seeing it for the third time tonight after buying three other tickets for broke friends and two of them were 10:30pm shows on work nights. All I'm saying is your effort to get to the cinemas has been found......

:mediocre:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm seeing it again tomorrow.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The only issue is in a post Fury Road world, once the first u necessary turbo is added, there is a very long, very steep drop from there

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's made me realllllllllllllllllly want to learn how to weld. And also ignore the laws on what constitutes pedestrian safety. What do you mean I can't have spikes on my car and an engine sitting 2 feet out of the engine bay?!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The only issue is in a post Fury Road world, once the first unnecessary turbo is added, there is a very long, very steep drop from there

Assuming that was a typo... the gently caress do you mean unnecessary turbo?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think Fury Road does a drat fine job explaining the difference between unnecessary and bad rear end, and strictly what's required.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I saw it again today. It was glorious. I saw so much that I missed the first time. Also, I took a U-turn under I10 really really fast in the miata, most :mediocre: of doof cars, but it was fun. There should be a PSA about driving right after that movie, because I wanted to ride on my own door all the way home.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Hey 14, the latest issue of Practical Classics has an article on a guy who rebuilt a '78 Civic. I can send you a copy if you want.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Found these pictures of me digging through memories. The Bug is 2005, the Bus is 2006.

drat I used to be so much heavier

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
The thread about your trip with the bus to that camp was awesome.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

14 INCH SLIT posted:

drat I used to be so much heavier

hate to be that guy, but gauging doesn't actually reduce weight

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

quadpus posted:

hate to be that guy, but gauging doesn't actually reduce weight

No, I'm still a big boy, but it's about 215 right now, compared to 280 at my peak and 170 at my lightest. So 65 pounds is still 65 pounds, those are 44 inch waist pants in the pic compared to the 36s I wear now.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

No, I'm still a big boy, but it's about 215 right now, compared to 280 at my peak and 170 at my lightest. So 65 pounds is still 65 pounds, those are 44 inch waist pants in the pic compared to the 36s I wear now.

You look pretty tall though. Well, you must be quite tall to be 215lb with a 36" waist.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Are you one of the shasta bus guys?

(Also I may have put the "The Bus" documentary up on TPB awhile ago)

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

You look pretty tall though. Well, you must be quite tall to be 215lb with a 36" waist.

13 stands a bit taller than his van in those pictures... so 6'3" - ish?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Based on what I've seen he's about the same size as I am, so somewhere between 6'2" and 6'4". I'm back to ~200lbs from 220. Went from 36" to ~34" waist.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Wrar posted:

Based on what I've seen he's about the same size as I am, so somewhere between 6'2" and 6'4". I'm back to ~200lbs from 220. Went from 36" to ~34" waist.

Yeah, I'm an easy 6'2:" and right now I weigh 215 and have 36s on. I can wear 34" pants from the cheap places, and places that have accurate measures, 36" are a little snug. My low was 186 and my high was 230. I just can get the weight loss started again. :sigh:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
6'3" and 185lbs, and even when I was 245lbs I was still rocking a 32 waist because I'm apparently a goddamned freak.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Professor Bling posted:

6'3" and 185lbs, and even when I was 245lbs I was still rocking a 32 waist because I'm apparently a goddamned freak.

Did people whisper after you passed by about the big dude riding an ostrich?

(Not criticizing)

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
It's weird for me, too. I'm 240 lb right now and 6' 0", but I wear between 36 and 38 inch pants. When I was 20 pounds thinner, I wore the same size, and when I was thirty pounds heavier, I wore 38 or 40 inch pants. :???:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Ooh this thread is getting good! Anyone want to cyber?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Astonishing Wang posted:

Only if you live up to your user name.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

:boom:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Astonishing Wang posted:

cursedshitbox posted:

Ooh ooh, can we make it a 3 way? :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

some texas redneck posted:

Ooh ooh, can we make it a 3 way? :v:

4 way. gotta have 14" clit involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Hey, I'm currently 310lbs and 44" jeans are practically falling off me (I'm 6'2"). Everyone thinks I'm about 250lbs when they see me, I've got a skeleton made of depleted uranium or something.

At one point I did (and hopefully will again) get down to a straight 200lbs with a 32-33" waist.

• Locked thread