Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Babylon 5

Then Babylon 5 Crusade

Then you really hate yourself.

I stop watching B5 sometime in season 5. Seen the first four seasons about 5 five times, only seen S5 maybe once? Perhaps twice? Crusade I've seen once, and never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The General posted:

I stop watching B5 sometime in season 5. Seen the first four seasons about 5 five times, only seen S5 maybe once? Perhaps twice? Crusade I've seen once, and never again.

Season five starts boring as gently caress with those hippie telepaths, but as soon as that is over it gets good again. Early episodes are only tolerable because Bester is in them.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'd like to think that Crusade came about thanks to that narrow segment of time when there simply weren't enough infomercials to fill out a Saturday afternoon on an expanded-tier cable channel and plastering CGI onto video tape was at a point where it was cheaper than filling up a studio audience to clap at a new lint brush.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Enterprise and Babylon Five are only enjoyed by masochists with Stockholm syndrome.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The proper answer is to watch BSG for like the 4th time.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Ive never seen BSG more than a few episodes in

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'd like to think that Crusade came about thanks to that narrow segment of time when there simply weren't enough infomercials to fill out a Saturday afternoon on an expanded-tier cable channel and plastering CGI onto video tape was at a point where it was cheaper than filling up a studio audience to clap at a new lint brush.

Crusade was a weird situation because TNT ordered the series and then proceeded to act like it was a piece of poo poo left on the rug.

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah, she was like 99% positive he'd hosed her holo-self, too. Dunno if he actually did or not (lol) but she thought he did which is effectively the same thing in terms of her reaction and later her getting over it.

He's a nice guy, though.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
geordi did nothing wrong

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

That Turkey Story posted:

He's a nice guy, though.

He's a nice guy and a virgin in his mid-thirtys, and he still didn't gently caress his virtual dream-girl. The guy's a saint (or a eunuch).

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pneub posted:

He's a nice guy and a virgin in his mid-thirtys, and he still didn't gently caress his virtual dream-girl. The guy's a saint (or a eunuch).

I bet you he did though

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Moridin920 posted:

I bet you he did though

He probably did run the 'stick your dick in the warp core' holodeck program whenever he got the chance, but that's his wife, it's different.

e: He had Data officiate the ceremony, then ordered him to never tell a soul.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 28, 2015

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Pneub posted:

He probably did run the 'stick your dick in the warp core' holodeck program whenever he got the chance, but that's his wife, it's different.

e: He had Data officiate the ceremony, then ordered him to never tell a soul.

Data outranks Geordi. Geordi can't give him orders like that.
:goonsay:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

you think it had anything to do with dereliction of duty and disobeying orders?

Fetus Tree posted:

im pretty sure entire staff is his mental health professional, chief physician, and commanding officer in this case.

they should have just thrown him in the loving brig though, agreed
Haha ease up fella.

Spakstik posted:

My favorite part is when she tries to leave the rape dungeon and he actually physically blocks her. You know, so he can prove to her how creepy he isn't.

It's late but this made me laugh out loud. Geordie is such a loving goon.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

:lol::lol: holy poo poo

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Shadow posted:

Haha ease up fella.

It's late but this made me laugh out loud. Geordie is such a loving goon.

I'm not sure if it was the same episode, but my favorite part of Geordi can't get laid stuff was when he was being awkward in 10 forward, and Worf was there, and Worf is like "You have to let her see the fire in your eyes!" And Geordi gives him this brief "Did you really say that you loving rear end in a top hat?" look, before shaking it off. The burn is never even really acknowledged.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

counterfeitsaint posted:

Data outranks Geordi. Geordi can't give him orders like that.
:goonsay:

gently caress. I'll never live down this shame, I should've known better. Now Geordi's marriage will exist in sin!

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
The captain proton episodes in voyager are probably the worst in all trek. Holy gently caress. The idea of a photonic race was actually kind of interesting, but then they had to encompass it in the stupidest holodeck setting ever. Like, this is literally the last thing I want to watch.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

The captain proton episodes in voyager are probably the worst in all trek. Holy gently caress. The idea of a photonic race was actually kind of interesting, but then they had to encompass it in the stupidest holodeck setting ever. Like, this is literally the last thing I want to watch.

But that episode owns bones?

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like the Captain Proton episodes but I don't think they were significantly worse than Voyager filler episodes in general. A Captain Proton episode just played straight with no alien threat or holodeck malfunctions could have been good imo, or at the very least an interesting experiment.

There was one where the crew discovered a secret Maquis mutiny simulation program and the first half was actually really good even though it was "just" crew members goofing off on the holodeck, but then a hologram ghost of Seska took over the ship. Who cares.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The only good thing a Captain Proton episode ever did was to finally show us the disappointingly munchkin-like Delaney sisters.

But I've never watched any of the Captain Proton poo poo itself and find myself itching to skip forward whenever Ensign Eugene gets wistful for the 20th century.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI7bv7jw8ew

Seven is the best.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ralp posted:

I don't like the Captain Proton episodes but I don't think they were significantly worse than Voyager filler episodes in general. A Captain Proton episode just played straight with no alien threat or holodeck malfunctions could have been good imo, or at the very least an interesting experiment.

There was one where the crew discovered a secret Maquis mutiny simulation program and the first half was actually really good even though it was "just" crew members goofing off on the holodeck, but then a hologram ghost of Seska took over the ship. Who cares.

I believe one of the expansions for the Voyager game Elite Force let you play through a Captain Proton level.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ralp posted:

yeah you can tell there were episodes where the producers told the writers "yeah this is okay but we have to put the ship in jeopardy somehow!!"

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm not sure if it was the same episode, but my favorite part of Geordi can't get laid stuff was when he was being awkward in 10 forward, and Worf was there, and Worf is like "You have to let her see the fire in your eyes!" And Geordi gives him this brief "Did you really say that you loving rear end in a top hat?" look, before shaking it off. The burn is never even really acknowledged.

my all-time favorite is during Sarek (when his old-man Vulcan dementia is causing the crew to go nuts) when Geordi and Wesley start yelling at each other b/c Wesley's horny and wants to get off work to go on a date with some hot young ensign

Geordi basically says 'what's your rush she's not gonna bang you' and Wesley comes back with "at least I don't have to find my dates on the holodeck!"

and all Geordi can come back with is "...what did you say?"

he has no comeback. he got totally burned.

wesley crusher got more play on that ship than geordi la forge

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

In Geordi's defense he was sexually exhausted what with looking through everyone's clothing 24/7 via his visor. He had to go to the holodoeck just to escape the burden of constantly seeing overly familiar genitals.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

In Geordi's defense he was sexually exhausted what with looking through everyone's clothing 24/7 via his visor. He had to go to the holodoeck just to escape the burden of constantly seeing overly familiar genitals.

his visor was made by the japanese, so he didn't even get that luxury

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

He knew them by each groin's heat signature, not mere visuals.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the robot is voyager, i'm seven saying may i leave now

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

He knew them by each groin's heat signature, not mere visuals.

I bet Geordi sees poo poo like this all the time. I wonder who the gassiest crew member is. I bet its Riker he strikes me as a gassy dude.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

sulley posted:

I bet Geordi sees poo poo like this all the time. I wonder who the gassiest crew member is. I bet its Riker he strikes me as a gassy dude.

idk.. klingon diets..prune juice..

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

No wonder Geordi took the first available engineering post, to get as far away from the 'flauttle' bridge as possible.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

delicious food cubes!

you forgot the best TOS food:

green space chicken mmm delicious

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

this was totes adorbs, i feel in love with her even more when she did that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Everything Voyager did with the holodeck was loving awful. The doctor was fine as a single anomaly, but when they were all like, welp, I guess we need some kind of lovely moral dilemma, what if holodeck characters are actually people now, and we've actually been enslaving them all along? But we still need our crap holodeck filler shows, so only sometimes.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 29, 2015

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I enjoyed the holodeck episode where the Irish village tried to kill them for being satanists.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I love how the only thing anyone ever thinks of to do with the holodeck is recreate stuff that was in the public domain as of 1987.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They have an extensive hologram library of Paramount Studios back lots

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Entropic posted:

I love how the only thing anyone ever thinks of to do with the holodeck is recreate stuff that was in the public domain as of 1987.

Its this whole Catch 22 situation where they don't want to alienate the audience by introducing a bunch of future stuff but then it just makes the future look creatively bankrupt seeing as it has no culture of its own.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

From what I gather all of human history from 1987 to the invention of the holodeck was filled with those puffy-armor drug troopers and their screamer guns from the Farpoint episode. Its what spurred the invention of the holodeck in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Obviously there's been no culture of any significance for 400 years because Section 31 has been keeping everyone boring and subservient with drugs and mind control rays.

• Locked thread