Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

bloodychill posted:

There's an annual convention and a lot of contests and you'd think that would be fun and interesting but it's mostly filling out a lot of forms, waiting for points and votes to be tallied, and bureaucratic nonsense. By the end, no one even cares who is best Demonbane.
This checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

i know that feel

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hm. she has a powerful 3/8 face.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
its where u look good from a 3/4 view but angled to the top

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Always follow your dreams.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:swoon:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i always play games sitting on a hard floor, neck cocked up at a tv on a high shelf, with my controller up against my rear end in a top hat to catch my good luck farts.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I think this is the first time I legit liked videogame music

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This isn't worth searching for the FNV thread for so I'm just going to say here that I'm finally getting around to playing the new Vegas dlc packs and have come to the conclusion that the sierra madre map is easily the worst thing I have ever played ever

Cardboard Box A posted:

This checks out.

those are long feet

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I can only salute to such dedication.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I feel like Diddy Kong Racing's Adventure mode is actually about Conker's adventures in only ever finishing in 4th place on the silver coin races because three of the AI racers vastly outpace everyone else

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The Colonel posted:

I feel like Diddy Kong Racing's Adventure mode is actually about Conker's adventures in only ever finishing in 4th place on the silver coin races because three of the AI racers vastly outpace everyone else

why play as anyone but the clock isnt he the fastest

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Excels posted:

why play as anyone but the clock isnt he the fastest

you have to unlock him first and conker is way cooler

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
You've also played every course way too many times by the time you get the clock guy. So why even race with him.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

This isn't worth searching for the FNV thread for so I'm just going to say here that I'm finally getting around to playing the new Vegas dlc packs and have come to the conclusion that the sierra madre map is easily the worst thing I have ever played ever
I hated that DLC until I realized it was actually supposed to be a complete departure from the gameplay of vanilla NV. Then the ghoul sang THAT loving SONG YOU'VE HEARD A THOUSAND TIMES AND IT WASN'T EVEN LIPSYNCED. gently caress YOU POST-PRINT DEVS

Like what the gently caress were they thinking with the role play chat log poo poo for that lady pantomiming her medical situation to you

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I want to play a WW2 shooter with a good story. What would you recommend?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Volcott posted:

Play Serious Sam while listening to All Quiet on the Western Front on audiobook. It's World War 1, but it'll do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Volcott posted:

Wolfenstein 3D

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Volcott posted:

I don't think what you're describing exists.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RoanHorse posted:

I hated that DLC until I realized it was actually supposed to be a complete departure from the gameplay of vanilla NV. Then the ghoul sang THAT loving SONG YOU'VE HEARD A THOUSAND TIMES AND IT WASN'T EVEN LIPSYNCED. gently caress YOU POST-PRINT DEVS

Like what the gently caress were they thinking with the role play chat log poo poo for that lady pantomiming her medical situation to you

"Sinclair? SINCLAIR!?"

the whole "radio collar that explodes when there's a speaker nearby" thing is loving bullshit, especially during the later parts of the quest where speakers are hidden god knows where forcing you to run into range, look around frantically for it to see if you're able to shoot it, and then run back to safety before your head becomes a baked potato. If it explodes, big deal. Load a quick save and try again. There doesn't seem to be much of a point to it at all.

also those ghost fuckers have a poo poo ton of hp. The game recommends running past them instead of engaging but that's not a realistic solution when you're poking around the villa maze looking for your next destination. unless you have dog/god with you of course, because he tears those shitheads new ones

gently caress dead money. it's bad and it sucks

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Volcott posted:

NecroVisioN

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Volcott posted:

the saboteur

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Volcott posted:

Darkest of Days.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

lol @ anyone who thought dead money was hard. i did Big Mountain at lv 14 and that was hard.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Excels posted:

lol @ anyone who thought dead money was hard. i did Big Mountain at lv 14 and that was hard.

Big Mountain didn't scale with your level correctly.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Big mountain was just a lot of hp sponges. So it's actually best to go in early so the enemies will die in a timely fashion.

Honest Hearts was my jam though, it was what a Fallout game really should be. Post-post-apocalypse.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mak0rz posted:

gently caress dead money. it's bad and it sucks

I liked the background story stuff it added to the main game but that expansion was definitely unfun in almost every way.

Nasgate posted:

Big mountain was just a lot of hp sponges. So it's actually best to go in early so the enemies will die in a timely fashion.

Big MT has the crappiest bullet sponges but also Doctor Venture yelling at you a lot, which was sort of the best thing.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

GO MY ROBO SCORPIONS

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i like the twist of Big MT a lot. very clever stuff

i would have loved the talking stealth suit if it didn't keep pumping you with med-x

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

my main issue with dead money was that I accidentally overwrote my save from before I went in, which is admittedly my fault

however by the time I was like "gently caress this, I don't want to finish this" it was either quit the game or finish it

by the time I got to the climax I was like "what the gently caress ever" not "Oh, I get it, that's clever"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
If I could shoot Elijah in the groin, I would take that option every time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The new way to gear up in Destiny is somehow even worse :psyduck:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Unless I'm missing something, you are supposed to camp world bosses that take 15~ minutes to spawn, then open a chest or two with a key you only have for minute and a half, then you have to hope that the chest rewards you with another key that opens a chest that appears after completing a horde activity which has a rare chance of dropping an item that upgrades existing gear to max level.

The second key and the upgrade item both have single digit drop rates :v:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Excels posted:

It's not hard at all. It's just bullshit. The only thing that ends my life are the speakers, really, and it's not exactly "hard" to keep loading your save until you find the obscure corner hiding the radio so you can end its terror with a single bullet as much as it is annoying.

Excels posted:

GO MY ROBO SCORPIONS

Big MT owned though. It really did feel like a venture bros episode and I appreciate the billions of energy/microfusion ammo laying around. not sure if I'll ever use all of those goddamn mentats tho

also that sonic pulse gun is kind of fun with the knockback or explosion augments if you frequently critical (lol if you don't max your luck and get all the crit perks in a fallout game)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

The new way to gear up in Destiny is somehow even worse :psyduck:
Sorry to hear about your loot lust, man. You can make it through this, I know. :(

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

all my stats were 100 except Unarmed and Survival because who gives a poo poo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Unless I'm missing something, you are supposed to camp world bosses that take 15~ minutes to spawn, then open a chest or two with a key you only have for minute and a half, then you have to hope that the chest rewards you with another key that opens a chest that appears after completing a horde activity which has a rare chance of dropping an item that upgrades existing gear to max level.

The second key and the upgrade item both have single digit drop rates :v:

the answer is don't play destiny. even bungie gave up on it, they handed the whole project to someone else to make a new thing again

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm knew it was still going to be a grind but how the gently caress were people calling this the Reaper of Souls for Destiny, when its Mad Moxxi's Underdome with f2p mechanics

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

think of all the starving orphans and third world children you could have fed with 500 million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

theultimo posted:

Darkest of Days.

That was a great idea for a game, somebody should do a follow-up with an actual budget and non-garbage engine. Massacreing Confederate soldiers with :krad: future weapons like a handheld carpetbomb launcher deserved a much better game.

• Locked thread