Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Can you even pick up Antler? I don't think you can collect the skull either way but simply interacting with it.

Sounds like something that needs to be modded in.

You can physically pick it up, but Davison gets upset and starts attacking you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Ouch, that moment where you've played with tons of graphics mods for 13 hours then Honest Hearts loads up and you're treated to Durotar textures circa 2005.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://fallout.bethsoft.com

It's happening! Announcement tomorrow.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Hyped as gently caress. Even if it's just another theme park ala Fallout 3 it's still going to be fun to screw around in.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

My body is ready.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Finally able to get excited over a real timer and not a fake one lol

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
PLEASE STAND BY

:worship:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

:toot: gently caress YES. :toot:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh boy, prepare for all the cries how this game is going to be poo poo compared to Fallout 3 New Vegas

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Bholder posted:

Oh boy, prepare for all the cries how this game is going to be poo poo compared to Fallout 3 New Vegas

I can only hope MachineGames is making it, since apparently Obsidian isn't on the best of terms with Bethesda.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

gently caress YES!

Where did they say an announcement would be made tomorrow though? Nothing is loading on that site for me.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Serperoth posted:

I can only hope MachineGames is making it, since apparently Obsidian isn't on the best of terms with Bethesda.

Surely Obsidian could never be trusted with Fallout: I mean, 84 on metacritic!?

e: /\ the website has a timer that's at about 23 hours right now

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Bholder posted:

We all know that Fallout 1 is the only true Fallout game.

lol nma lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Handsome Ralph posted:

gently caress YES!

Where did they say an announcement would be made tomorrow though? Nothing is loading on that site for me.
The PLEASE STAND BY screen has a countdown till tomorrow

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

The game was announced on the BGS twitter page, it'll be made by BGS.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Skeezy posted:

oh man

OH MAN

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Skeezy posted:

:vince:

I want to believe, so very bad.

Vittek
Nov 8, 2006
Holy poo poo. Please Bethesda don't gently caress it up. gently caress it, I'm excited either way.

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

I went to go post the news on facebook for some friends, and, well...

Just a cheeky message or plot details?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hopefully they rip some more stuff off of Mad Max, given that has a brand new (and loving awesome) installment.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
This and X-com 2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA :derp: :aaa:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So we're almost definitely getting a trailer tomorrow, and based on that LinkedIn leak it's most likely going to be a cinematic one. That said, I wonder if it's gonna be a fully cinematic trailer like the first teaser for Fallout 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt08UYmyMo

or one with gameplay elements as well, like the Skyrim trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M

Something tells me we're probably getting a cinematic teaser tomorrow and a proper gameplay trailer at E3.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

trailer should be footage of the player stealing an apple, a whole town freaking out and trying to kill him for this heinous deed, and then failing once he gets stuck in a fence or glitches on a rock or some poo poo

FALLOUT 4

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Make it a mutfruit and make the entire area radioactive and we have a deal.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

MinibarMatchman posted:

trailer should be footage of the player stealing an apple, a whole town freaking out and trying to kill him for this heinous deed, and then failing once he gets stuck in a fence or glitches on a rock or some poo poo

FALLOUT 4

Day-one purchase

sout
Apr 24, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

FALLOUT 4

Tangentially related, but I remember LOLing in Oblivion when talking to a character in a tavern, when a spoon fell off the table. With my lightning fast reflexes I picked it up before it fell to the floor and everybody gasped. I then put it down on the table, picked it up again and again 5 NPCs gasped simultaneously. I guess it belonged to somebody.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ThaumPenguin posted:

So we're almost definitely getting a trailer tomorrow, and based on that LinkedIn leak it's most likely going to be a cinematic one. That said, I wonder if it's gonna be a fully cinematic trailer like the first teaser for Fallout 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt08UYmyMo

or one with gameplay elements as well, like the Skyrim trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M

Something tells me we're probably getting a cinematic teaser tomorrow and a proper gameplay trailer at E3.

The first trailer for Skyrim was a cinematic trailer as well.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ThaumPenguin posted:

That said, I wonder if it's gonna be a fully cinematic trailer like the first teaser for Fallout 3:

There was that thing the other week where they'd gotten an animation studio to help with the trailer right? If that's the case, it's probably not gonna have much/any gameplay in it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wyld Karde posted:

This and X-com 2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA :derp: :aaa:

And Bard's Tale 4 up on kickstarter. My wallet :negative:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Azhais posted:

And Bard's Tale 4 up on kickstarter. My wallet :negative:

At this point, it's not even my wallet, it's more My freetime :negative:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
End game aside, I still enjoyed Fallout 3, so I'm hype as hell. Sad to hear Obsidian is apparently on bad terms, though. :(

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

drunkill posted:

Hopefully they rip some more stuff off of Mad Max, given that has a brand new (and loving awesome) installment.
But there's already a Mad Max game being mad from the Just Cause 2 people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BtV5PHE3hA

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

The first trailer for Skyrim was a cinematic trailer as well.

The teaser trailer or the full trailer?

Yeah, the original teaser was fully cinematic, but I'd consider the trailer I posted to have at least some gameplay, with the landscape shots and all. Of course, that's not strictly speaking "gameplay", so I'm probably stretching the definiton there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna own

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Turn-based terrorism simulator and antisocial tendency sandbox?

I'm beginning to like the idea of playing videogames again

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Good timing, I just finished rinsing off New Vegas!

Except I don't have any of the new consoles or a PC that can play video games. :(

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Someone over on NEOGAF has apparently found something in the websites source code that indicates it's going to be crossgen. If that's true it's a bit disappointing.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Someone on reddit found a bunch of icons in http://fallout.bethsoft.com/styles/3d395ab9.main.css . Hopefully they haven't developed the game around last gen hardware. The ps3 and 360 are referenced in the css file though.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Sad to hear Obsidian is apparently on bad terms, though.
I'm pretty sure they're on okay terms. There was the whole Obsidian-not-getting-a-bonus-for-F:NV-over-its-metacritic-score thing. Which was stupid, but not really a unique thing in the industry. Urquhart & Co comes across as too professional to keep a grudge over that.
I'd say a new Obsidian Fallout title depends more on whether Obsidian would want to work with a publisher in general (not Bethesda specifically) again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So...uh, when is this thing supposed to start? How long has this been at Please Stand By?