Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wonder if the now leasing sign + the garage hideout is implying you can get a house

like an actual non-lovely house with upgrade elements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Moltrey posted:

I didn't see a single Super Mutant in that trailer, so Bethesda hitting the ground running here.

Was that Vertibird an Enclave one, or just similar?

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Fenway.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, it's a Bethesda open world game, so you either like those or you don't.

One thing I noticed was the intercutting of pre-war and post-war imagery, and the store called "Memory Den" in the film noir-ish shot, which leads me to believe that whoever the player character is might be someone who has pre-war experience (maybe a cryogenically frozen person, or maybe an android since FO3 hinted that androids came from this area), or possibly that buying pre-war memories is some sort of pastime in this setting.

Also, I think that him talking to the dog was staged for the trailer, and that it doesn't necessarily point to a voiced protagonist.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Michaellaneous posted:

Well there is that suit hanging in the garage in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

The Brotherhood didn't invent or have any kind of monopoly on powered armor. There's no BoS logo on it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh, indeed: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723658

Probably too late to herd the hyperbole cattle thataway though.

You say that but the people in there show a lot more common sense than you guys.

e:

Grand Fromage posted:

The Brotherhood didn't invent or have any kind of monopoly on powered armor. There's no BoS logo on it.

Well yes I realize that.
Didn't the BoS deicided to kinda get really small and just hide from the world? Maybe it will be same as in NV.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the protagonist being an android would be too rad to actually happen

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well at least there is more vegetation. Looks interesting, hopefully the next elderscrolls or fallout will be a big improvement, being developed entirely within this current gen of consoles.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

So, wait a sec

Wasn't that Fallout 3 quest with the android all about how MIT was pumping out realistic robot men

e: dangit oxyclean

Calling it now. Protag is a loving robot man.

E: Beaten like obsidian was when NV got 84 out of 100 :v:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Michaellaneous posted:

Well yes I realize that.
Didn't the BoS deicided to kinda get really small and just hide from the world? Maybe it will be same as in NV.

Well, the NCR kicked their asses and they went into hiding. That was part of the plot for Van Buren that came back in NV. The eastern Brotherhood was a splinter group that doesn't make a whole lot of sense or have any connection to the originals in the west. And then there were the outcasts who acted like the actual Brotherhood.

3 had a couple references to the midwest splinter from Tactics but those were probably just easter eggs.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Dan Didio posted:

Was that Vertibird an Enclave one, or just similar?

That was in a pre-war bit, so it was probably just a US government one.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Scyantific posted:

People called that before they finished playing Fallout 3.

2house2fly posted:

That was in a pre-war bit, so it was probably just a US government one.

Ah. Good eye.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Notorious QIG posted:

I'm assuming the tutorial is the day the bombs drop, which would explain why they created all these pre-war assets.

If they are doing a prequel they might re-use the Fallout 3 gag and have you as the baby in that crib? A dog could live long enough for you to be a young man. (and wasn't there that dog in New Vegas that was super old because of cybernetic enhancements? so there's that too)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I wonder if the now leasing sign + the garage hideout is implying you can get a house

like an actual non-lovely house with upgrade elements

I've modded my own house into Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim (because Skyrims offerings kinda sucked).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Scyantific posted:

E: Beaten like obsidian was when NV got 84 out of 100 :v:

It's a shame you won't live. But then again, who does?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They could just ditch stimpaks and crafting food and poo poo entirely and let you craft field repairs for yourself

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Going to mod in a Yankees hat

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Harlock posted:

Going to mod in a Yankees hat

So everyone shoots you on sight?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

drunkill posted:

Well at least there is more vegetation. Looks interesting, hopefully the next elderscrolls or fallout will be a big improvement, being developed entirely within this current gen of consoles.

EXACTLY THE SAME!

(You're wicked retarded. Game is going to be really fun and you're all gonna buy it anyway)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I am curious if the Enclave, or the withered remnants of the Enclave, will be in this game in any capacity. If the casting call is real, which is looks to be, then I can imagine a few people would be interested in the player character and their sweet old world knowledge.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fallout 3

Fallout 4

wow theres literally no difference

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I am glad they managed to figure out that lighting exists and what a colour palette is, yes.

halwain
May 31, 2011
Sooo what are the chances for a Fall release ?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Blockhouse posted:

the protagonist being an android would be too rad to actually happen

It wouldn't be too far fetched by any means that someone implanted memories into an android and stuck them in a vault with a bunch of humans to monitor it's progress, sort of like David from Prometheus and after all the humans died or whatnot the protagonist is like gently caress it, let's explore.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

One thing I noticed was the intercutting of pre-war and post-war imagery, and the store called "Memory Den" in the film noir-ish shot, which leads me to believe that whoever the player character is might be someone who has pre-war experience (maybe a cryogenically frozen person, or maybe an android since FO3 hinted that androids came from this area), or possibly that buying pre-war memories is some sort of pastime in this setting.
I hope you're right. I can't see them not using more of the pre-war imagery considering how resource-intensive it is to develop those assets already shown in the trailer.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

There these things called... colors.

ew, Bethesda completely ruined this!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Catpiss Neverclean

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

Well, the NCR kicked their asses and they went into hiding. That was part of the plot for Van Buren that came back in NV. The eastern Brotherhood was a splinter group that doesn't make a whole lot of sense or have any connection to the originals in the west. And then there were the outcasts who acted like the actual Brotherhood.

3 had a couple references to the midwest splinter from Tactics but those were probably just easter eggs.

The story is confusing as gently caress to me since I never looked too deep into it.

But...I guess they will be back. They are always in the game so why not now.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

halwain posted:

Sooo what are the chances for a Fall release ?

Slim. Why release in September or November when you could drop it near the holidays and guarantee record sales?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Bishop01 posted:

what is the dark souls 2/witcher 3 scenario?

idk but if people really compare ds2 with witcher 3 graphics, they are literally retarded. Maybe they could compare Bloodborne with Witcher 3, which looks FAR BETTER than Witcher 3 (on PS4 at least)

AngrySquid
Apr 16, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Fallout 3

Fallout 4

Its fair to say I had forgotten Fallout 3 landscapes looked like an ashtray in poop

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

It wouldn't be too far fetched by any means that someone implanted memories into an android and stuck them in a vault with a bunch of humans to monitor it's progress, sort of like David from Prometheus and after all the humans died or whatnot the protagonist is like gently caress it, let's explore.

stop making me excited for this thing that won't happen

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Zzulu posted:

Fallout 3

lol

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Fat_Cow posted:

This + Mods = fun.

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR THESE MODS

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
on the slim chance android protagonist does happen I want an early game quest that is essentially the final scene of Fallout 3 and you can just salsa dance into the irradiated chamber hit the button and then backflip on out

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

lol indeed hahaha

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I don't see the problem, dogs always look pretty stupid.
Have you ever seen a dog?
They're pretty goofy.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Ya'll are going to end up buying it anyway. At least it's got some loving color and won't be brown and gray all the drat time like in the previous games.

Stop getting so wound up for a video game you nerds.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Everyone knows it was the Xbox 360 version in the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Beware the battle cattle