Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I still don't understand why Stephen seems to treat Doom as his equal but still calls him God and Lord. I guess the disagreement they had was some kind of duel to decide who would rule the new world they created?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

I still don't understand why Stephen seems to treat Doom as his equal but still calls him God and Lord. I guess the disagreement they had was some kind of duel to decide who would rule the new world they created?

Here it is him saying it best

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Flameingblack posted:

It's pretty spelled-out: Doom says that Strange had the opportunity to become God, but turned it down. Possibly because he knew at the time Doom would be a better ruler, or doubts himself, or just doesn't want the job, or whatever.

Also re: origins of Sue, etc. when Strange finds Miles he asks him if he remembers, which I think gives weight to the theory that the inhabitants of Battleworld are their former selves, just with their memories wiped, rather than new constructs from Doom's experiences.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Flameingblack posted:

I haven't this week's issue yet but read the preview and doesn't the dialogue explicitly state that Strange willfully chose not to be the God of their new world? I bring this up because of dialogue in the same conversation that alludes to both Doom and Strange doing what they had to/have to do to keep Battleworld safe/running, which I take as Strange acknowledging Doom as God because it's a title and the respect that comes with it that keeps Battleworld running.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Still haven't read Secret Wars 3 yet, but I checked Battleworld real quick and had to put it down for a second because the single greatest line of all times was once again uttered by a duck.
Some motherfucker's always trying to ice-skate uphill

This event is perfect.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I haven't this week's issue yet but read the preview and doesn't the dialogue explicitly state that Strange willfully chose not to be the God of their new world? I bring this up because of dialogue in the same conversation that alludes to both Doom and Strange doing what they had to/have to do to keep Battleworld safe/running, which I take as Strange acknowledging Doom as God because it's a title and the respect that comes with it that keeps Battleworld running.

It's exactly this. Doom clearly views Strange as his partner in this endeavor, if not exactly his equal. Their whole disagreement is because Doom clearly thinks that Strange is lowering himself in status by keeping his role of Sheriff which is far beneath his abilities. Strange respects Doom's rule as necessary to the survival of Battleworld and so addresses Doom with the title of God, which is part of the rules that keeps Battleworld functioning.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

Here it is him saying it best

I just wanted to say how much I love that panel, both the wording and the art. I think in part because it reminds me of a character panel in an old adventure game.

Fabulous issue though, loved all of it. Hell I actually bought it in a store along with the tie ins as I missed getting my list to my key guy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Majuju posted:

Also re: origins of Sue, etc. when Strange finds Miles he asks him if he remembers, which I think gives weight to the theory that the inhabitants of Battleworld are their former selves, just with their memories wiped, rather than new constructs from Doom's experiences.

I think you're reading that wrong. Strange is asking because he's surprised someone does, because it means they survived the end of everything just as he did.

It's also why he went to open the liferaft, because until meeting Miles he didn't think anyone else survived. But since he knew what it was, he decided to see who was in it. He didn't open it beforehand because he didn't want to take the risk.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

I think you're reading that wrong. Strange is asking because he's surprised someone does, because it means they survived the end of everything just as he did.

It's also why he went to open the liferaft, because until meeting Miles he didn't think anyone else survived. But since he knew what it was, he decided to see who was in it. He didn't open it beforehand because he didn't want to take the risk.

That makes more sense to me now. I fogot that Strange wasn't involved with the raft at all so he had no idea who was in it. I wonder if he did know would he have opened it sooner?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

That makes more sense to me now. I fogot that Strange wasn't involved with the raft at all so he had no idea who was in it. I wonder if he did know would he have opened it sooner?

It's weird that he gets the Thor to open the one in the Fortress of Sorcitude, though. I just went back and re-read it and it seemed like he couldn't figure it out the first time? Though the dialogue contradicts this.

That said, let's all point and laugh because they designed the Raft without external sensors.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
My pick of the week would be Giant-Size Little Marvel. :ssh:

I'm not sure if the big reveal of Future Imperfect was so dumb it was smart or just so dumb it was really fuckin' dumb.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The Cabal are so bad at noticing stuff, none of them noticed that Miles snuck aboard their ship and only Thanos noticed a gently caress load of Thors flying above them.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
To be fair, though unmentioned, Miles can turn invisible.

The Thors, though, I guess they're just dumb.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Starsnostars posted:

The Cabal are so bad at noticing stuff, none of them noticed that Miles snuck aboard their ship and only Thanos noticed a gently caress load of Thors flying above them.

Miles can turn invisible!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Good to know that all these cosmic threats are easily made fools of by Miles Morales and Susan Storm.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Majuju posted:

It's weird that he gets the Thor to open the one in the Fortress of Sorcitude, though. I just went back and re-read it and it seemed like he couldn't figure it out the first time? Though the dialogue contradicts this.

That said, let's all point and laugh because they designed the Raft without external sensors.

He had the Thor open it because that Thor was the only survivor who saw what the Moloid did to open it. Strange may have not been super willing to just go up to this thing that he knew nothing about to try and open it up. Also in regards to the sensors I got the idea they were suspended in time or something so I don't think they'd have much use for something like that. Not really sure what their plan was though, was the Raft supposed to automatically open when it found a good place?

I would imagine it's the same reason they didn't notice Miles. Very little relative time has passed between them getting in the raft and it arriving on Battleword.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Good to know that all these cosmic threats are easily made fools of by Miles Morales and Susan Storm.

To be honest, those two are insanely powerful and probably would be able to mess up most of them.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Thinking back to Avengers, Black Widow and Spider-Woman were able to stroll through the Cabal's base by wearing invisible suits so it fits with what we've seen before.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

I would imagine it's the same reason they didn't notice Miles. Very little relative time has passed between them getting in the raft and it arriving on Battleword.
Maybe an hour?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

redbackground posted:

Maybe an hour?

Reed says "minutes ago they were right here", and coupled with his injuries still appearing 'fresh' they've been on the boat for maybe 15 minutes. This is bananas!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Not Count Duckula was in a Marvel Comic in the year 2015. Secret Wars is officially the best crossover.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Deadpool posted:

Not Count Duckula was in a Marvel Comic in the year 2015. Secret Wars is officially the best crossover.

I'm sad he never partook in some ketchup, I guess the resurrection ceremony went right on Battleworld.....

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm enjoying the slow reveal of information but I'm really wondering what the hell happened to the Beyonders and why haven't the just wiped out battleworld yet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadpool posted:

:lol: Which book?

God I love that comics (SW stuff) are awesome again.

I hope the Lil AvX has the light tone of the first book. I think my daughter might enjoy it too.

Kind of pissed I didn't get OML or Modok from last week's queue (along with anything else due to family medical emergency), but I'll just get that and the others tonight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I'm enjoying the slow reveal of information but I'm really wondering what the hell happened to the Beyonders and why haven't the just wiped out battleworld yet.

The statue of Molecule Man might have something to do with that.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

gfanikf posted:

:lol: Which book?
Battleworld #2

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

gfanikf posted:

I hope the Lil AvX has the light tone of the first book. I think my daughter might enjoy it too.

It is pretty light, cheesy and cute. The story made me laugh because the parallels are so obvious (unless you're a kid).

I dunno if it's a spoiler but to be safe: The story ends with Avengers and X-Men competing to get the new neighbors to join their group (Wanda and Pietro).

Elucidarius fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 3, 2015

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Maybe someone here knows: I just read X-Tinction Agenda (It was nothing special, doubt I'll keep following it), but can anyone tell me which part of Battleworld it takes place in? I've been enjoying matching up the books to the big map, but as far as I can see, unless I'm being totally stupid, there's no Genosha or X-Topia on the map. There's a Mutopia, but thats the E is for Extinction part. any ideas? or did I miss something super obvious?

Also, Secret Wars is just killing my wallet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elucidarius posted:

It is pretty light, cheesy and cute. The story made me laugh because the parallels are so obvious (unless you're a kid).

I dunno if it's a spoiler but to be safe: The story ends with Avengers and X-Men competing to get the new neighbors to join their group (Wanda and Pietro).

Cool I just finished it and it has the same light tone. It was cute and funny. Wish awful app would stop displaying spoilers as merely translucent though.

Skimming the Previews while I'm at work and man THORS is going to rule.

Only down side is now I just want to buy floppies and not just digital ones....my poor wallet. Oh well I figure I'll do digital only for the titles I'm reading but don't care if it was I digital or not.

Has anyone besides Bleeding Cool confirmed the SW delays?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gfanikf posted:

Cool I just finished it and it has the same light tone. It was cute and funny. Wish awful app would stop displaying spoilers as merely translucent though.

Skimming the Previews while I'm at work and man THORS is going to rule.

Only down side is now I just want to buy floppies and not just digital ones....my poor wallet. Oh well I figure I'll do digital only for the titles I'm reading but don't care if it was I digital or not.

Has anyone besides Bleeding Cool confirmed the SW delays?

Yes diamond
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/957

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:smith:

Well Punisher got moved up a week. :v:

I wonder what the hell happened? Still it does seem like the prudent thing to do.

Only delays the massacre of discretionary income for a little longer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gfanikf posted:

:smith:

Well Punisher got moved up a week. :v:

I wonder what the hell happened? Still it does seem like the prudent thing to do.

Only delays the massacre of discretionary income for a little longer.

I am going to assume art issues.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I thought everything was awesome except for Years of Future Past. That poo poo just got bad from mid point on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Years of Future Past did little for me, though the art was okay.

It does, however, mean that TWO Senators Kelly are Barons of Battleworld sections. Only one rides in a chariot pulled by warwolves, though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Secret Wars #3 was so good that I don't want to spoil my high with today's tie-ins. How did you guys like them?

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Secret Wars #3 was so good that I don't want to spoil my high with today's tie-ins. How did you guys like them?

Battleword: Tons of fun, definitely recommend.

Years of Future Past: Meh. Okay I guess but definitely did not pull me in like I thought it would.

X-Tinction Agenda: Boring but I feel like it might end up being important for mutants post-secret wars.

Future Imperfect: Also kinda boring but seems like it might end up being important.

Little AvX: Cute, fun, light hearted.

Master of Kung Fu: Decent. I liked the first issue but the second one has put me on the border of dropping it but it may just be me.

Amazing Spider-man Renew your vows: Really boring. I did not enjoy it one bit, the villain is contrived.

Armor Wars: Did not enjoy this at all.

I'd say Battleworld for sure. Little AvX if that's your sort of thing. Everything else is at your discretion.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I actually liked Years of Future Past a lot, but I suspect I'm in the minority on that one. I enjoyed the world and it's expansion on the ideas and themes present in the original Days of Future Past.

Little AvX was fun, with the cavet that you enjoy the setting and concept, and the art is rather enjoyable too.

Battleworld was a okay, not great, but perfectly serviceable. I liked the last part of the Blade/HtD story.

I didn't realize X Tinction Agenda was also a tie in.

Oh is it me or does incarnations of the Punisher really seem to be a force for Law Enforcement (even with the Thors) on Battleworld (even pops up in the Civil War preview.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

gfanikf posted:

I actually liked Years of Future Past a lot, but I suspect I'm in the minority on that one. I enjoyed the world and it's expansion on the ideas and themes present in the original Days of Future Past.

I mean, I guess in the grand scheme of Battleworld I didn't see how it fit. Why couldn't these people just ask Doom to move them to a new kingdom? I'll probably buy #2 but I just felt like it would make more sense on its own not tied into anything.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Elucidarius posted:

Why couldn't these people just ask Doom to move them to a new kingdom?

Yeah, like Killville, with its great public schools and unparalleled bullet holes per-capita!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Majuju posted:

Yeah, like Killville, with its great public schools and unparalleled bullet holes per-capita!

Exactly!

• Locked thread