Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
http://www.returnofkings.com/26763/girls-with-short-hair-are-damaged

quote:

No woman in all of human history has ever looked better with short hair than she would with a head full of healthy locks. Despite this irrefutable fact, American women are “chopping it off” in greater numbers every day. This rears its ugly head in an array of ugly permutations, from the boy-like pixie cut to bizarre semi-shaved head topographies. The rationalizations—whether it’s donating their hair to sick kids or the summer weather—are immaterial. The effect, and true reasons, are the same.

I blame this lamentable trend on a few factors. The most powerful are the disingenuous lies—from both men and women—about how it looks. Women are quick to encourage other women to cut their hair by telling them how “cute” it is. While I’m no scientist, I’m convinced this is some deep, genetic programming at work, one that forces women—who compete with one another on a physical level on a daily basis—to encourage any behavior that might eliminate competitors in the dating pool. Men are no better. The cowardly and deluded among us perpetuate the myth that “some girls can pull it off.” Pulling something off, I often respond, is the equivalent of “passing” a class. Just because you have enough left-over attractiveness to remain bangable after cutting off your hair doesn’t mean you wouldn’t look better with it back on.

I once spoke to two girls outside of a restaurant. One had a short, boy-like haircut, while her friend had long, healthy black hair. The short-haired girl spoke in an obvious Latin American accent, while the long-haired friend spoke in a clearly American accent, though she sported facial features of someone from Indian-subcontinent extraction. Before long, our conversation steered to personal matters and, bored with our pedestrian topics, I floated a provocative question. “Why did you cut your hair short?” The Indian girl jumped down my throat before the Latin girl had a chance to respond, though once I settled her down, I managed to get my answer.

Latin Girl: I used to have long hair, but I just broke up with a boyfriend.

Me: I’m sure it looked better before.

Indian-American Girl: That’s sexist and stupid! It looks cute!

Latin Girl [ignoring her remark]: Wanna see a picture? [shows me her passport]

Me: God, it looks way better. You look like a different person, and way younger.

Indian-American Girl: She looks just as good, dude. Who are you?

Me [to Latin girl]: Let me ask you something: are guys hitting on you less now with the short hair?

Latin Girl: Oof. Absolutely. A lot less.

Me: If you had to put a number on it, what would you say the reduction is?

Latin Girl: At least 90 percent less. That’s partly why I did it. I wanted to be alone for a while after my break up.

Me [to Indian-American girl]: See what happens when theory meets reality?

Another factor is the effect of Hollywood and the celebrity culture on women’s behavior. It’s already well-documented that women have a much-stronger copycat instinct than men. While men—to paraphrase an astute manosphere commentator—seek to stand out from the crowd, women’s aim to stand out in the crowd. Just like women don’t go to the bathroom alone, they don’t go into a style alone. The plaudits a Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, or Anne Hathaway receive when they cut their hair off—from people who have no business commenting on the attractiveness of women, like gay men—creates a copycat cycle that increases the trend geometrically. Further evidence of this female impulse is on display when you see the same effect at work in a positive ways.

Whenever I’m in Argentina, I’m always struck by the rows of girls walking down the street with long flowing hair reaching down near their asses. Hair to the middle of the back is considered “short” there. As an experiment, I remember asking one girl with especially long hair if she’d ever consider cutting it. She answered that she’d “rather die,” and regaled me with a story of her “unfortunate friend” who’d gone into a salon for a clean-up. Instead of the “two centimeters” she’d instructed him to remove, the stylist had cut off double. “Every morning she looks in the mirror and breaks down in tears. This has been going on for 10 days straight.”

The truth of the matter is that long hair’s almost universally attractive to men, when they’re actually speaking honestly (without trying to appease women in the room). Furthermore, it’s a symbol of youth, femininity, and health. Why can’t old women grow long hair? Because it’s an ephemeral trait of your fertile years. Women instinctively know this, which is why every American girl who cuts, and keeps, her hair short often does it for ulterior reasons. Short hair is a political statement. And, invariably, a girl who has gone through with a short cut—and is pleased with the changes in her reception—is damaged in some significant way. Short hair is a near-guarantee that a girl will be more abrasive, more masculine, and more deranged.

I’d developed that belief on years of platonic interactions alone. The bitchiest work colleagues, the most difficult cashier, the most confrontational, aggressive cunts in bars have all shared one trait—short-rear end hair. But it wasn’t until I decided to make exceptions to my no-dating-short-haired-girls rule that I proved this beyond any doubt. The first pixie-cut girl I went out with—who was otherwise attractive—harbored twisted rape fantasies that actually concerned me that I was being entrapped. She cavalierly talked about filthy sex, throwing around the word “pussy” and “cock” even when our clothes were on. When—during a rather vanilla conversation about men and women—I made some tame remarks about what men find attractive in women, she broke down into inconsolable bawling and, literally, ran out of the bar we were in. It made about as much sense as crying if I’d just told you tomorrow was Saturday.

Another short-haired girl once came over to my house, texted with one hand, while she jerked me off with the other. The person on the other side of the iPhone, I quickly learned, was her until-then secret “boyfriend.” Still another girl, who had long hair while we were hanging out—but has since sheared it into an unflattering soccer-mom configuration—lived with a (legitimate) prostitute, was emotionless during sex unless I was super-aggressive, and used racial slurs to refer to people as if that was the formal term for them. On the outside, she was a college student, from a well-to-do family, who worked with children part-time.

Not only is short-hair unattractive, it’s one of the biggest signals a man can get that a woman is damaged beyond repair. There’s no such thing as “pulling it off.”

I disagree with this manifesto of a future serial killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you should eat some poo poo for smelly surprise!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
tl;dr

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

not all girls can pull off short hair, but man oh man the ones that can :swoon:

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Too many words to admit that he has a tiny penis.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Phlairdon posted:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Phlairdon posted:

I stopped reading at the part where even the made up characters from a story that didn't happen were all confused about who the gently caress he is and why he's talking to them.

It was funny but there was nowhere to go but down.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The author could have saved everyone a lot of time by just killing himself.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
Return of kings is the funniest poe poo poo I've ever seen. Someone post the paul elam pic with the crazy eyes (all of them)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Bangs is an even better tell

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Wafflz posted:

The author could have saved everyone a lot of time by just killing himself.

First he should kill some attractive women.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Tl:dr: eat a dick?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
I'm pretty sure the author hates women.

Nichole
Nov 5, 2009
Are there any pictures of this guy who seems to know women so well? I'm sure he is real catch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that article is thingsthatdidnthappen.txt

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Bleusilences posted:

Tl:dr: eat a dick?

correct. you get a gold star

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nichole posted:

Are there any pictures of this guy who seems to know women so well? I'm sure he is real catch.

when a journalist doesnt even have a face for newspaper and goes by a pseudonym you know he is a special ugly

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
SHaved bald is a look that should be more popular. Not all women can pull it off, because some of them have ugly skull shapes, but a surprising amount can.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

That's a really boring and stupid website

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

boom boom boom posted:

SHaved bald is a look that should be more popular. Not all women can pull it off, because some of them have ugly skull shapes, but a surprising amount can.

The bald chick fro! Mad max was hot yoy think she ever gets freaky with her stump????

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean, the OP makes a good point. Take Claire Underwood and April O'Neil as examples. Both been raped and have hosed up world views, really makes you think.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

initially intrigued by your thesis, then saw the length of the post and did not read

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Snatch Duster posted:

I mean, the OP makes a good point. Take Claire Underwood and April O'Neil as examples. Both been raped and have hosed up world views, really makes you think.

The chick in Teenage Mutant NinjaTurtles was raped?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Why is it that people who think their opinions are interesting enough that the whole world wants to hear them are also the people who make up fictional scenarios in which they completely own someone they disagree with?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

The TV reporter from turtles?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

not all girls can pull off short hair, but man oh man the ones that can :swoon:

Word

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

ghlbtsk posted:

Why is it that people who think their opinions are interesting enough that the whole world wants to hear them are also the people who make up fictional scenarios in which they completely own someone they disagree with?

because their egos are the size of watermelons and just as easy to smash when exposed to the real world?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

ghlbtsk posted:

I heard ewhwn he went back inside everyone literally high fived him and cops arrived minutes later to drag off those two 'tutes

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Only republican men know what's right for women.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
Conversely, men with long hair or long beards are damaged

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
whoever wrote that article has the mind of a ten year old boy i bet he also finds blondes to be the height of beauty

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

DonJNavarro posted:

Well, you're not wrong about that.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if you don't daydream about a shaved head bobbing up and down on your dick we can't be forum friends.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
whenever im in argentina... :smug:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

DonJNavarro posted:

I really can't stand bigotry against women or wizards.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Phlairdon posted:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

if you don't daydream about a shaved head bobbing up and down on your dick we can't be forum friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Remember, this is the same site that claimed Mad Max: Fury Road was a feminist propaganda flick despite not seeing it.

• Locked thread