Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
that is some kugu quality posting right there

what is dead may never die :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Ixjuvin posted:

What about ECM burst? I'd think one of those would do for drones pretty well (I have never used an ECM burst)

From my experience ECM Burst is the worst and most useless module in EVE, never worked for me against anything at all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i paid $10

that makes me morally superior to pubs

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

NyxBiker posted:

From my experience ECM Burst is the worst and most useless module in EVE, never worked for me against anything at all.

I use it on my Widow in combination with a MJD to break scrams and get out.

masteen
Nov 23, 2010
:tenbux: is civilization.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

masteen posted:

:tenbux: is civilization.

Not enough to be able to separate two distinct buttons from each other apparently.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

NyxBiker posted:

ECM bursts are generally garbage, but there's two situations in which they're surprisingly awesome.

1) A bunch of ships all firing them off at once. Get ten newbees in Atrons with an ECM burst each fitted, and hand them to a secondary FC with probes. Secondary FC warps them down to the enemy logi, they all fire their bursts and then warp out. It's only a 5-10% chance per Atron to jam, but that cumulatively adds up. (We did this to BL a bunch and they started having to put instalocking ships on the logi anchor :P)

2) Comedy gank Scorpions. The Scorpion strength and optimal bonuses apply to the ECM burst module, meaning that your burst now has a 20+9km range and has a 19 point jam strength (i.e. it's nearly as strong as supercarrier remote ECM). Add some RHMLs and XLASBs and get ready to piss off T3D gangs.

Speaking of pissing off T3D gangs, Laz apparently went solo roaming through Catch last night in a Suitogeddon and murdered a bunch of TEST Svipuls. We salute you. :911:

e:

goattrails posted:

Not enough to be able to separate two distinct buttons from each other apparently.
:drat:

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 5, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

goattrails posted:

:eyepop:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
oh you didnt spend :10bux: on a dead forum? well gently caress you, you subhuman trash :smuggo:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Unrelated: With Burn Amarr canceled, would anyone be interested in doing some Jackdaw gangs? Basically, fat Cawkfleet with more tank, more DPS.

Jackdaws are cool and I have decent missile skills. I watched Laz play around with one the other day and it looks like and ungodly gently caress-you boat. I'm in.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
kick [SNOOO] but unironically

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Doublestep posted:

at least our culture remains pure

Purify yourself.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Make part of the troll that I ran off with the Burn Amarr fund on an alt.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

OnymousCoward
Feb 19, 2014

Narciss posted:

Make part of the troll that I ran off with the Burn Amarr fund on an alt.

What troll? I see no troll, we are definitely cancelling burn amarr for budgetary reasons.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ullerrm posted:

Suitogeddon and murdered a bunch of TEST Svipuls. We salute you. :911:

Is that a a roaming battleship fit? Do those still exist?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Is that a a roaming battleship fit? Do those still exist?

They ceased to exist for a while, and now exist again. They changed the penalty on the +warpspeed rigs from -CPU to +sigradius.

So, you can do monstrosities like this. Warps as fast as a cruiser, but has 35km heavy neuts and 930dps (and a tank made of cardboard).

quote:

[Armageddon, suitonia]
Damage Control II
Large Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Heavy Missile
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Ogre II x5
Praetor II x5
Valkyrie II x5
Infiltrator II x5
Acolyte II x5

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ullerrm posted:

Unrelated: With Burn Amarr canceled, would anyone be interested in doing some Jackdaw gangs? Basically, fat Cawkfleet with more tank, more DPS.

YES

Doublestep posted:

Does this mean you're playing spaceships again?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Doublestep posted:

We didn't make you sniff glue, we just gave you the place to do it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

YES

hell naw heavensward is coming out and they got rid of awoxing

someone just linked me the ~cultural purity~ post and i had to laugh at it

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

ullerrm posted:

Once I train Cal Destroyer 5, yes.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Doublestep posted:

someone just linked me the ~cultural purity~ post and i had to laugh at it

poe's law has gone recursive

ullerrm posted:

ECM bursts are generally garbage, but there's two situations in which they're surprisingly awesome.

1) A bunch of ships all firing them off at once. Get ten newbees in Atrons with an ECM burst each fitted, and hand them to a secondary FC with probes. Secondary FC warps them down to the enemy logi, they all fire their bursts and then warp out. It's only a 5-10% chance per Atron to jam, but that cumulatively adds up. (We did this to BL a bunch and they started having to put instalocking ships on the logi anchor :P)

Hmmm, this could be extended to interceptors, and copy PL's Windrunner tactic except with a ship that fires an ecm burst then warps in under 2 seconds. Call it the WindBreaker. Basically the only defense would be putting smartbombing ships in amongst your logi...

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Klyith posted:

poe's law has gone recursive

Hmmm, this could be extended to interceptors, and copy PL's Windrunner tactic except with a ship that fires an ecm burst then warps in under 2 seconds. Call it the WindBreaker. Basically the only defense would be putting smartbombing ships in amongst your logi...

WRush did this in Brave quite a bit when fighting PL. His posts on their reddit crowing about his theorycrafting abilities were fun to read.

Quick edit since I googled it and found an example: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/2pp147/w_rush_strikes_again_new_fit_rushcat/

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

WRush did this in Brave quite a bit when fighting PL. His posts on their reddit crowing about his theorycrafting abilities were fun to read.

Quick edit since I googled it and found an example: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/2pp147/w_rush_strikes_again_new_fit_rushcat/

Especially since WRush directly lifted it from Asher Elias, who was using it in mainfleet before Reavers were founded. :) Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Back when ISBoxer was allowed, Kunmi was loving devastating with the things.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Especially since WRush directly lifted it from Asher Elias, who was using it in mainfleet before Reavers were founded. :) Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Back when ISBoxer was allowed, Kunmi was loving devastating with the things.

Yeah, at one point he was having posts deleted that suggested he didn't create the fit from his own genius.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NyxBiker posted:

Fit that poo poo on comedy disco battleships to be able to disco, jam and MJD the gently caress away.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Something about eve online theorycrafting and MTG deckbuilding being incredibly similar activities will always inspire cheetos-stained turbonerds to netdeck, excuse me, netfleet and claim it as their own amazing thing.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

ullerrm posted:

I'm down, got a fit that you like you'd want to share?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

ullerrm posted:

They ceased to exist for a while, and now exist again. They changed the penalty on the +warpspeed rigs from -CPU to +sigradius.

So, you can do monstrosities like this. Warps as fast as a cruiser, but has 35km heavy neuts and 930dps (and a tank made of cardboard).
I remember seeing that video before the change. Looks a lot more appealing now that you don't have to fit the co-processor.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Kalenn Istarion posted:

YES

Spaceships can't wear catgurl ears yet.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Back in 08 I got wrecked by a Taranis (in my own Taranis) because he had an ECM burst and that was the deciding factor. I've always really liked that moment ever since because it showed that it had that niche value in a tight knife fight.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

12:42:31 <notlupus> hey you hosed goons and left Hole Squad for PL right? are you still in PL?
17:56:03 <MandozerTheGreat> yes

how can i help space friend

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

12:42:31 <notlupus> hey you hosed goons and left Hole Squad for PL right? are you still in PL?

:munch:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
So I really hope whoever screenshotted burn amarr on reddit at least burned themselves doing it. Though I guess with karmafleet a spy in gsf has become even more disposable than they were previously.

OWLS! posted:

Something about eve online theorycrafting and MTG deckbuilding being incredibly similar activities will always inspire cheetos-stained turbonerds to netdeck, excuse me, netfleet and claim it as their own amazing thing.
Hey, I had the idea completely on my own! All it proves is the inverse of the Xttz Rule.

(Regular Xttz rule: if you are doing something that nobody else in the game is doing it's probably stupid, unless you're Xttz. Inverse: if you have a good idea it's probably not original, same deal.)

It is super funny to see people copy ideas and imitate doctrines without understanding that context matters. I can't imagine that ecm-burst inty strat was much use to Brave fighting against PL. PL could drop a triage carrier with impunity whenever they wanted to. It's like taking a top-tier netdeck to a tourney, then being informed that all the games will be played by six year olds. Your complicated control deck loses to the guy who brought pokemon cards.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hold on its the GIA, they want me to make chriscaveman the officially supplier of supers to PL nbd nbd. I got ya!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I see notlupus is trying to beat me to the "awox mara's paladin" vouch

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Wolfy posted:

Dozer's message after that whole thing was amazing "koshka put your loving paladin back in the proper tab i almost stole it cause i thought it was mara's"

notlupus
May 16, 2008

Dude, I was able to perform an appendectomy at age 14. I think I can handle a couple of shrooms.

Wolfy posted:

That's me. I'm a known awoxer.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
I'd offer something equally valuable as a Mandozer vouch to awox him in return but I'm all out of used toilet paper and Mandozer's all out of marauders

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wolfy posted:

I thought so too but apparently SV wants to brawl HORDE or some poo poo. Look forward to sunday for good fun.

Zasze posted:

Dozer's message after that whole thing was amazing "koshka put your loving paladin back in the proper tab i almost stole it cause i thought it was mara's"

I wanted to leave with 25b and a paladin but i couldn't do it to koshka.

notlupus posted:

That's me. I'm a known awoxer.

If you ever decide to go pro let me know!

Fix Lag posted:

I'd offer something equally valuable as a Mandozer vouch to awox him in return but I'm all out of used toilet paper and Mandozer's all out of marauders

I mean we had to use something in hole squad to plug the hole of poo poo that was your cocksucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
I'm sure you losing a supercapital's worth of marauders in a two month time frame had no influence on your decision to steal everything you could get your hands on and leaving

• Locked thread