Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

make all youtube embeds use res="hd" automatically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fayez Butts posted:

make all youtube embeds use res="hd" automatically

sure. It also needs to parse the t=123s stuff so that it adds in start="123"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Valeyard posted:

https://d.maxfile.ro/uekzpwgqyr.webm

quick reply - Open the quick reply box by hitting the "Quick" button thats on any post, it doesn't matter which one you hit. The drag n' drop image upload works here, and it should also parse youtube links the way the main reply box does. When you have the quick reply box open and you hit a quote button on someones post, it will add the quote into the quick reply box. If the quick reply box is NOT open then the quote buttons behave like normal. After a post is made it will update the page with your post + any posts made in the meantime

it probably makes more sense that hitting the Quick button on any particular post would bring up the box + quote the post you clicked, i guess, maybe

also turn on sound for that vid

Epic

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ive changed it so that clicking on the Quick buttons on individual posts will bring up the quick reply box with that post quoted. otherwise hit the quick button at the top/bottom of thread to bring up empty one

this should all appear sometime soon

Now that this is mostly finished it will be easy to add a quick edit ability that will look the same

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Valeyard posted:

ive changed it so that clicking on the Quick buttons on individual posts will bring up the quick reply box with that post quoted. otherwise hit the quick button at the top/bottom of thread to bring up empty one

Now that this is mostly finished it will be easy to add a quick edit ability that will look the same

good stuff op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Valeyard posted:

using the Quick button to compose this post in a strange little window

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wow it adds the Quick-composed post without reloading the page? that kind of sorcery is this? cool

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
quick reply border needs to switch between amberpos and greenpos depending on what that person is currently using (if not possible, allow us to change it somehow

tia

also

Smythe posted:

using the Quick button to compose this post in a strange little window

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
wow i can shitpost so much faster now, thanks op

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Migishu posted:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i fixed the quick reply box so that it will parse youtube links with start times in them, it also adds the image tags if you paste a picture link the same way the normal reply box does, and adds the right tags to normal links

Migishu posted:

quick reply border needs to switch between amberpos and greenpos depending on what that person is currently using (if not possible, allow us to change it somehow

tia

also

done

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Migishu posted:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
quick replying to a thread with bookmarks enabled doesn't add that thread to the threads you have bookmarked, not sure if this can be fixed client-side

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

reddit liker posted:

quick replying to a thread with bookmarks enabled doesn't add that thread to the threads you have bookmarked, not sure if this can be fixed client-side

Probably, that should be fine, I'll check later

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Valeyard posted:

Probably, that should be fine, I'll check later

you own op

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

thank you for the :qq:, valeyard.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
can you please share the github that you're putting this source code on kthx

otherwise good work

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

As a Millennial I posted:

thank you for the :qq:, valeyard.

it doesnt work sometimes and im not sure why :iiam:

reddit liker posted:

ok yeah so by default the quick reply will now use the bookmark setting you have set

OSI bean dip posted:

can you please share the github that you're putting this source code on kthx

otherwise good work

https://github.com/valeyard/yosplus

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

is this on firefox yet

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Widdiful posted:

is this on firefox yet

DIY https://github.com/valeyard/yosplus

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

yeah sure let me just do something myself :rolleyes:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

what does "get out your snipers" do

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

what does "get out your snipers" do

Shows threads you can snype

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
why doesn't the extension icon hide when out of something awful, chrome magic tools for youtube hides itself when you are out of youtube so i guess you can do that

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
"Highlight posts where you are quoted" makes my quotes appear black on grey forums

also you misspelled bandwidth

great extension otherwise

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Celexi posted:

why doesn't the extension icon hide when out of something awful, chrome magic tools for youtube hides itself when you are out of youtube so i guess you can do that

you would think that it would automatically show/hide the icon based on the "websites this extension runs on" list, but it doesnt work that way. you need to manually add in some horrible code in a background script to make it happen

code:
chrome.tabs.onUpdated.addListener(function(tabId, changeInfo, tab) {
    chrome.pageAction.show(tabId);
    chrome.pageAction.setTitle({
        tabId: tab.id,
        title: "YosPlus Settings"
    });
});
ill try and fix it though because it annoys me too

e; a quick trip to stackoverflow and thats sorted

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 29, 2015

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Segmentation Fault posted:

"Highlight posts where you are quoted" makes my quotes appear black on grey forums

also you misspelled bandwidth

great extension otherwise

yeah i had it highlight the quotes in grey forums before the yellow quote was added to the actual site, i left it in because i found it easier to read but ill probably just turn it off now and let the actual site deal with it

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
feature request: when using quick quote, have a hotlink in the top left or something to open up the smileys list, because lol if I can remember all the smileys

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Celexi posted:

Shows threads you can snype
hahahahaha i fuckin love it

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Migishu posted:

feature request: when using quick quote, have a hotlink in the top left or something to open up the smileys list, because lol if I can remember all the smileys

yeah this

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
suggestion: make the Emptyquote! button like the quick post button, where it just does it without going to the "YOU POSTED A poo poo THING ON THE WEB" page

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Migishu posted:

reasonable request

Migishu posted:

suggestion: make the Emptyquote! button like the quick post button, where it just does it without going to the "YOU POSTED A poo poo THING ON THE WEB" page

yeah that should be easy too, i done the emptyquote thing a long time ago and did it the quick and dirty way

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

fermun posted:

you should make it so that if someone posts .gifv from imgur it embeds it like if they post .webm, i'm pretty sure gifv is even a webm just with a different extension that makes it not embed properly.

.gifv gives you either h.264 video or webm, depending on your browser.

LOL that it even generates webm at all, given that even failfox finally relented and added h.264 support.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the snype feature owns

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
if the audio option is turned on then its so loud that it might make your head explode

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Valeyard posted:

if the audio option is turned on then its so loud that it might make your head explode

HEAD SHOT!

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

there should be a livestream feature for the subforum, so you can watch the unread posts tick up

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

and if you click on a thread with that turned on it should keep it turned on

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
im gonna fix a bunch of things today that have been mentioned itt recently, including the weird encoding problem with quick reply, so if theres any other problems please lemme know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
please dont forget to make it hide when out of sa!

• Locked thread