Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
How long does it take Fight Pass to put up Fight Nights that are aired on TV in your country? I was out all day so I missed the fights, and the card was on Foxtel so I can't pull up the Main Card on Fight Pass. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dza posted:

Dudes shouldn't get it if they ask for it. It was weird to hear Rivera begging.

Then he doesn't get it hahaha. That's sort of sad.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Matt Mittrione is garbage still, Ben Rothwell delivers the worst promo.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dan's BJJ coach is the most Brazilian guy ever. Marcus Davis should never be interviewed ever.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Random thing.. I was a listening to a older Rogan Fight Companion podcast from February and Schaub said that he fough Nogueira and was still on that TUF contract and was paid 8+8. jeeeeeeezuz. Imagine that. He said that after after taxes and everything he basically paid himself for that fight.

He also said that he busted his nose on the CroCop fight and had to get a surgery. He got oxycontis for the Pain and got hooked. Stopped them cold turkey before Nog fight. Crazy stuff

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Not only that, but Carwin KO'd him in sparring 2 weeks before the fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hendo is the Greatest American Ever

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Another interesting thing Schuab said is that Crocop was by far the strongest guy he ever fought. He said when they were clinched against the cage he felt like he was made out of rocks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Another interesting thing Schaub said is when he told Joe Rogan he'd hold his own against Cain and Joe made him cry

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I didnt hear rothwells promo until after the fight besides the laugh whats so bad about it? Imagine the adrenaline and everyone doubts you because you are a fat tub of poo poo and you get your first submission win in 8 years.

I personally like crazy post fight interview rather than the guy thumbing their noise and going "ill fight whoever, ya know, get that paper"

It was less than 2 weeks ago matt mitrione said there aren't many in the world that can beat me which makes it all that more sweeter.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

he tried really hard

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

He obviously practiced it (but not enough) and kind of delivered it badly.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

It was so bad it looped around to good. Hilariously awkward

Edit still not as awkward as "God came in me..."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zzulu posted:

Are there any good PED's for videogames yet

The MMR vaccine

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Meowbot posted:

I didnt hear rothwells promo until after the fight besides the laugh whats so bad about it? Imagine the adrenaline and everyone doubts you because you are a fat tub of poo poo and you get your first submission win in 8 years.

I personally like crazy post fight interview rather than the guy thumbing their noise and going "ill fight whoever, ya know, get that paper"

It was less than 2 weeks ago matt mitrione said there aren't many in the world that can beat me which makes it all that more sweeter.

it was really bad and embarrassing

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Just watched last night's card, goddamn what a great couple of weeks for UFC viewing.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Watched the replay of last night's card and drat that was a good one. Wish I'd DVRed it so I could have gotten through the whole thing in about a half hour but I'm not complaining. Would've been a great one for Hendo to ride into the sunset on but we all knew he wouldn't be doing that...

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mean Bean Machine posted:

The best part of it was that Jon Anik was having none of his wrestling promo poo poo and insisted that Ben comment on the fight. When faced with the simplest question, Ben could only say, "The choke was what it was."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah it was funny seeing how he spent so much energy and time on memorizing his promo that he couldn't talk like a normal person after getting through 2 paragraphs.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know i've gushed about him before (or her?) but Gian Galang does the best MMA artwork

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Yeah

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It's like Rothwell never considered they would try to ask him questions after the promo.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
drat, Sam Alvey is just super charming. http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/7/8631913/sam-alvey-credits-finding-that-groove-and-his-wifes-input-for-ufc

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 7, 2015

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

TheCool69 posted:

Random thing.. I was a listening to a older Rogan Fight Companion podcast from February and Schaub said that he fough Nogueira and was still on that TUF contract and was paid 8+8. jeeeeeeezuz. Imagine that. He said that after after taxes and everything he basically paid himself for that fight.

What do you mean? He said he makes $100k in sponsors per fight...

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
That was a great UFC event.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Even the early prelims are pretty good fights. Collier and Abreu really left it all in the Octagon.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He's a winner at life.

Mrs. Alvey: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9000000/Mckey-mckey-sullivan-9059085-800-1200.jpg

edit: Their wedding pictures :3:
http://portrait-photographer-milwau...-115015518.html

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I'm happy for Sam but don't quite understand how a toothy ginger picked up a TV model lady when he was a nobody MMA fighter

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

origami posted:

I'm happy for Sam but don't quite understand how a toothy ginger picked up a TV model lady when he was a nobody MMA fighter

Up your game, son

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

origami posted:

They probably liked each other

mewse
May 2, 2006

manyak posted:

They probably liked each other

I doubt it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
how did a charismatic athlete get married. how.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
He has an NC on his record which, according to Wikipedia, is because the fight got stopped for rainfall. That has to be pretty unique.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

why, this doesnt fit into any of my human attraction formulas! ziggy? *taps side of broken TI-82*

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

she's not that hot imo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheCool69 posted:

He also said that he busted his nose on the CroCop fight and had to get a surgery. He got oxycontis for the Pain and got hooked. Stopped them cold turkey before Nog fight. Crazy stuff

If that's true he's quite the negotiator, he was making 10/10 the year before.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I'm watching Pettis/RDA and it's really funny hearing everyone talk about how Pettis is next level and the future of the sport right before he gets demolished

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 8, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I listened to the Chael podcast with Dominick Cruz earlier and it was great to hear Dom saying he has great sympathy for Duane Ludwig because "Faber is a prick"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cruz is just jealous that Faber owns and manages a midget suburb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

origami posted:

I think you're currently supposed to make a joke about neck thickness but to be honest I'm not really keeping up.

• Locked thread