Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

Cruz is just jealous that Faber owns and manages a midget suburb.

Hobbiton does sound like a cool place to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Dangersim posted:

she's not that hot imo

phew

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

LobsterMobster posted:

Hobbiton does sound like a cool place to live

Shirtless Hobbiton

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Hot diggity, it's been a while before some goons act unaccountably judgemental toward the life of a relatively normal MMA fighter for no reason and show their rear end as weirdos. welcome back

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I've read fabers book And the ghost writer does a great job of making Faber seem cool

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
faber is stereotypically cool making him not cool according to some goons and dom cruz

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I think its really cool to be a 5'2" white man with corn rows and so does everyone else. Actually that was irony, or sarcasm. I think it's not cool!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Hot diggity, it's been a while before some goons act unaccountably judgemental toward the life of a relatively normal MMA fighter for no reason and show their rear end as weirdos. welcome back

And it has been a while since someone who paid money to chat on an internet forum has felt so superior to his fellow nerds that he needed to post about it.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Fozzy The Bear posted:

And it has been a while since someone who paid money to chat on an internet forum has felt so superior to his fellow nerds that he needed to post about it.

I assure you that it has not.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

faber is stereotypically cool making him not cool according to some goons and dom cruz
i assume cruz spent some time in a lloyd irvin kibbutz so you think he'd have some perspective too

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fozzy The Bear posted:

drat turned that around on him!!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Sam Alvey is good poo poo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sam Alvey went from being a cast member on the worst season of TUF to racking up several quick knockouts and challenging a man to a Hair vs. Hair match. I think that's good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Shame Wanderlei is gone. He could've challenged little Little Nog to a catchweight mask vs mask match.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Every cool poster who just laughed at you for being sniveling dinks? hmm, checks out :cheers:

who would even pay money for a thing

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 8, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Alvey seems cool but the way he spells Smile'N is very upsetting

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

EmmyOk posted:

Alvey seems cool but the way he spells Smile'N is very upsetting
You're correct about this. but I'm sure the proper authorities have already launched an inquisition to get to the bottom of this via the proper channels as per the standards of some weird males who nitpick a stranger's life for imaginary infractions that are actually reflective of normal behaviors. Say yes to the dress

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
6 days left before we see the baddest man in the planet fighting in the octagon to get what is rightfully his

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Meowbot posted:

6 days left before we see the baddest man in the planet fighting in the octagon to get what is rightfully his

I know you are trying to be optimistic, but I read this is "this could still fall apart"

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
At this point though Cain would have to go missing for a few days for them to cancel the fight, and even then, I wouldn't put it past UFC trying to get an impostor in there.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

At this point though Cain would have to go missing for a few days for them to cancel the fight, and even then, I wouldn't put it past UFC trying to get an impostor in there.

As it turns out, fake Cain is actually Chael Sonnen

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Alternatively:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

As it turns out, fake Cain is actually Chael Sonnen

Chael Soņeno

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ebersole retired

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ebersole retired

meh

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ebersole retired

good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ebersole did some entertaining poo poo in his career and had an outrageous number of fights. i'll remember him for being really hard to choke out and impossible to knock out

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If that's true he's quite the negotiator, he was making 10/10 the year before.

Yeah thinking about it more he probably hosed up the timeframe. He later said that he got paid 10/10 for CroCop and that was before Nog. He probably mixed those two fights up

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
does ebersole go down in history as person with most MMA fights or is there some other person? maybe he will be in the hall of fame because 70 fights is impressive even if you are not the greatest fighter.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Meowbot posted:

does ebersole go down in history as person with most MMA fights or is there some other person? maybe he will be in the hall of fame because 70 fights is impressive even if you are not the greatest fighter.

he doesnt but i dont know who does

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yeah Brian Ebersole's career petered out real hard at the end but his first fight with Lytle was great. The fight itself was good, but it was also because he was some unknown guy replacing Condit and everybody was like "aww gently caress Condit vs Lytle was gonna be a war I guess Chris is gonna get the easy win now..." and then he came in and had a good fight.

Meowbot posted:

No not even close. Guys like Dan Severn and Travis Wiuff have many more and those are off the top of my head

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Travis Fulton has got to have the record. His record should also include "KO (chokeslam)" if it wants to really be accurate.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Travis Fulton and Jeremy Horn have a ton. Shonie was up there for a while but he hasn't fought in forever (I hope).

e: Looked it up. Sources disagree on the specific numbers, but Fulton has upward of 300 fights, Horn around 115 or so, and Shonie between 80 and 90 (and he actually fought Shannon Ritch earlier this year).

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 8, 2015

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Jeremy Horn has 100+ I believe, as does Severn.

Sam Alvey met his wife at a renfaire, so even if you're a weirdo who can't conceive why the cool dude and his wife like one another, "mutual interests" ought to help you understand.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Wise Learned Man posted:

Yeah Travis Fulton and Jeremy Horn have a ton. Shonie was up there for a while but he hasn't fought in forever (I hope).

Shonie last fought in January of this year against Shannon Ritch (who himself has well over 100 fights). Fulton has 300 though, nobody will ever come close to that again I don't think.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Shonie last fought in January of this year against Shannon Ritch (who himself has well over 100 fights). Fulton has 300 though, nobody will ever come close to that again I don't think.

Shannon Ritch would never have come to mind as a guy with that many fights even though he's been around forever.

Also, I had no idea Dan Severn had done so much fighting in the past ten years, since I haven't paid attention to anything he's done in that span. He was still fighting in his mid-50s. :gonk:

Travis Wuiff has almost 100. I can't think of anybody else who'd be around that ballpark, even though I'm sure there must be others.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I do believe it was Miguel Torres who has had like 80 undocumented fights, or whatever Frank Mir said

Wise Learned Man posted:

Shannon Ritch would never have come to mind as a guy with that many fights even though he's been around forever.

I think Shannon Ritch is a guy who has taken a lot of fights for the purpose of taking dives, so that record is a little janky. it isn't hard to rack up 100 pro fights if you make it a plan to lose 10 a year to make a couple extra bucks.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

How many amateur fights did Karo have before turning 18?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
did someone just ask if Brian Ebersole is going to be in the hall of fame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I've never heard of Travis Fulton before but how can you have 311 fights and 250 wins and not even be considered by the UFC?

I dunno I thought Ebersole may have been a retired active ufc fighter with most fights or something, guess I was really wrong but I dont know many fighters who retired in the UFC and that would be kind of cool title to have "most fights ever". Imagine the hairrow forever emblazoned in the hall of champions.

• Locked thread