Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Boogie and Willie together would be nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

kiimo posted:

Boogie and Willie together would be nasty.

Boogie shot 35% outside of 3 feet last season. I'm not so sure.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

You know the NBA has gone soft when the best center in the game who also happens to be 6'11" and 270+lbs wants to play PF.

Yes, if only we could could get back to the days of 7 footers like Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett proudly declaring themselves centers.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

rabidsquid posted:

As long as they don't take either of the Wisconsin dudes I won't be too upset.

I don't hate Kaminsky other than admitting that history does not bode well in terms of slow, white stretch 4s from college making any real impact. But I don't see why you'd trade for a PF and then draft a PF when you have a gaping hole on the wing. They actually have 0 small forwards at the moment with Tayshaun, Butler, and Williams gone.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

MourningView posted:

Yes, if only we could could get back to the days of 7 footers like Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett proudly declaring themselves centers.

Actually Kevin Garnett was 6'12"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins expressed an interest in playing with a shot blocker next to him but I don't recall him explicitly saying he wanted to be a PF

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Either way it's probably a good idea to pair him with a rim protector given his general uninterest in playing defense.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I thought he was good at defense now, or at least numbers that made it look like he was good at defense now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jota posted:

Actually Kevin Garnett was 6'12"

6'13"*

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Meanwhile KD is still pretending to be a SG/SF

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

I thought he was good at defense now, or at least numbers that made it look like he was good at defense now

He's good at being big and rebounding. He's not good at providing help. His form of rim protection is getting in the way and taking charges.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

MourningView posted:

Garnett was rail thin so he doesn't really count. I thought that DMC had at least 20 lbs on prime Duncan, but going by how close they look in this pic of skinny Duncan, I guess I was wrong.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Don't forget Ralph Sampson with the Rockets back in the day!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Garnett was rail thin so he doesn't really count. I thought that DMC had at least 20 lbs on prime Duncan, but going by how close they look in this pic of skinny Duncan, I guess I was wrong.

That's a bad pic. Boogie is much bigger than Duncan right now. I don't remember how much smaller Duncan is than he used to be though, so you could still be right.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Boogie's got pretty good art done in those sleeves. It usually seems like NBA sleeves are a miss mash of blotchy crappy tats.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I usually prefer the no-tat look but Duncan has the kind of skin that could only be improved. :/

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Chad Ford INSIDER with the latest INSIDINGS

e: I read that apparently Tyus Jones is one of the most unathletic players in the draft. My true PG hero :swoon:

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 12, 2015

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68m3i8J-Pg

Mudiay workout showing off his athleticism. Jumper is a little stiff.

"If I'm Minnesota I take a point guard:
Mudiay or Russell.... bigs come a dime a dozen. "

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 12, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boosh! posted:

"If I'm Minnesota I take a point guard:
Mudiay or Russell.... bigs come a dime a dozen. "

I'm going to assume that's a quote from his agent and I can't fault him for doing his best to try and get his client drafted higher.

Did he actually shoot any NBA threes in that video though? It looked like they were all college range. Wonder why they chose such a terrible gym for his workout.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Russell had a workout scheduled in Philly this weekend but just cancelled it.

Somebody tell me this means nothing...guys? Guys? gently caress.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

Best case for Knicks/Sixers is someone fucks up and takes one of the wings.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wangvicous posted:

Best case for Knicks/Sixers is someone fucks up and takes one of the wings.

who would be taking one in front of the Sixers? The Lakers are almost definitely gonna go with Russell or whichever big is left (probably Okafor)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ty1990 posted:

Or his agent told him that there is no way he falls passed Philly or NY and figured why bother

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or they specifically asked him not to workout because they are drafting him for sure.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

Silver is assigning him to the Cavs for the next 3 games.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

MourningView posted:

who would be taking one in front of the Sixers? The Lakers are almost definitely gonna go with Russell or whichever big is left (probably Okafor)

He's worried about the cancelled workout, my point is that if Russell has assurances to be taken by Min or LAL its probably better for one of the Sixers or Knicks because it means they didn't take a Okafor/Towns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

At this point I'm not sure if Okafor or Towns is even better for Philly than Russell. Probably but Russell is kind of exactly what the Sixers need.

Also that Mudiay workout is mostly him dunking. I feel like we'd learn a lot more watching him shoot a hundred free throws in a row followed by a hundred NBA-range 3s.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like it only benefits you to work out for a team if they're drafting above where you are projected to go at the moment.

E: Seems like both the unreliable and reliable sources think the Lakers are picking Okafor, the Russell stuff seems to be outsiders saying "look at Russell."

Rick fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 12, 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I wish these Kentucky bigs weren't such men of mystery.

Trey Lyles looks really interesting on offense, a good coach could do lots of good stuff with his jump shooting, passing, and offensive rebounding. But he only played 3 and is definitely an NBA 4. He probably can't guard anyone, but who knows, since he did a lot of guarding 3s with quickness and athleticism advantages. He's also from Saskatoon.

Karl Towns looks great, but who knows if his face up game is real or a phantasy.

Willie Cauley Stein looks like a fantastic defender, but he's also an old man, he seems a bit weak, he might have a very low ceiling or he might be a great defender who erases mistakes and saves Demarcus's energy for offense. I don't know. Not a lot of Willies succeeding lately in the NBA.

I suppose Dakari Johnson is what he is, a back up center

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I definitely wish Towns was working out but I perfectly understand why he isn't, that video he made speaks very loudly. No point in going to Minnesota or LA and maybe having a bad shooting day or something (I don't think teams would make a decision so hastily but why even bother).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Or his agent told him that there is no way he falls passed Philly or NY and figured why bother

Yeah all he can really do by working out for anyone below 2 is hurt himself so why bother?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Since I started watching recruiting videos of Dakari Johnson years ago one thing has always stood out about him and hasn't changed...man that guy is like bolted to the ground. He has no vertical whatsoever.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
People are saying that Russell's workout with the Lakers actually went really poorly. Maybe that's why?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
If so too bad because the Lakers taking Russell would cause a lot of uncertainty and excitement. Do the Sixers trade one big right away? Do they hold on to three big guys for a year?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
At this point I hope the Knicks pick Porzingis and plan for the #1 pick in the 2019 thru 2024 drafts

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Doltos posted:

At this point I hope the Knicks pick Porzingis and plan for the #1 pick in the 2019 thru 2024 drafts

I really really do not like Porzingis for the Knicks, I think I would rather have them reach for Willie Caulie Stein.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I hope the Knicks pass their pick entirely, get nobody. They're a great team they don't need to cheat and draft players who should be in school earning valuable STEM degrees.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is there something specific about Emmanuel that the Knicks don't like other than he's a raw PG who can't shoot? Not a Triangle PG?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Mudiay could shoot I think he'd be a legitimate candidate for #1 overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

If Mudiay could shoot I think he'd be a legitimate candidate for #1 overall.

Yeah, probably. He's a freak in terms of physical ability, but the skill level isn't there yet.

The Knicks have been linked to everyone by some rumor or another, who knows with them. Not that long ago the story was that they were in love with Trey Lyles of all people.

• Locked thread