Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Tanreall posted:

Haha that guy thinks he got a Fury.

"From what I saw it's 4096 but apparently"

Doesn't even know CF's been over PCIe for over a year too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Is that a legit review sample of did someone steal a card or something

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Bleh Maestro posted:

Is that a legit review sample of did someone steal a card lol

Probably Best Buy making a whoopsie.

Shame it didn't go to someone likely to figure out a good way to measure the power draw.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Bleh Maestro posted:

Is that a legit review sample of did someone steal a card or something

Thats a Bestbuy exclusive card. Same model a BB warehouse worker leaked yesterday. Fair to say it was swiped from the warehouse.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Tanreall posted:

Haha that guy thinks he got a Fury.

"From what I saw it's 4096 but apparently"

Box says 8GB of GDDR5. I guess no HBM.

Guy needs to learn to hold a camera. Maybe someone will break his hands to teach him a lesson.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 12, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

It's been 13 hours and I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually know what the boxy plugs on the card are for.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
My experience with Bestbuy employees leads me to believe that they think computers are magic, and require incantations to be made along with ritual sacrifice to upgrade a computer.

"Bring the goat in, no not the chicken, I'm doing a GPU upgrade not moving to an SSD".

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

xthetenth posted:

It's been 13 hours and I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually know what the boxy plugs on the card are for.

Nah, he's got it figured out.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

HAHAHA, holy poo poo.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
wow lol.like I wouldnt be worried about taking a pic of the box a few days before the release, or poo poo even buying one somehow, but I wouldnt ... attempt to sell one like that.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
We can only hope the next few days are rife with this sort of entertainment. It would be the best release AMD has ever had.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

wow lol.like I wouldnt be worried about taking a pic of the box a few days before the release, or poo poo even buying one somehow, but I wouldnt ... attempt to sell one like that.

He should be selling it for the few thousand he needs to cover his bail.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Haha he just closed it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tanreall posted:

We can only hope the next few days are rife with this sort of entertainment. It would be the best release AMD has ever had.
This could be a case of broken street date in which case there's at least one lost job/arrest over this

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Anybody have a paid semiaccurate account? They're saying something about how AMD is supposedly reaping benefits from HBM, but it's paywalled. http://semiaccurate.com/2015/06/12/amd-fiji-shows-off-hbms-potential-saving/

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

This could be a case of broken street date in which case there's at least one lost job/arrest over this

Best Buy just sold me two of them. I can't decide between ebay or crossfire.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Bishyaler posted:

For the record, they were on the shelf with the appropriate label. Best Buy is not good at things.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Bishyaler posted:

What is SKU number

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Don Lapre posted:

What is SKU number

R9-390A-8DFR

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Bishyaler posted:

R9-390A-8DFR

Look on your best buy receipt it should have like a six or seven digits sku number

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Don Lapre posted:

Look on your best buy receipt it should have like a six or seven digits sku number

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
Eh, my video card is good enough. Anyone want a shot at this? Starting bidding at $100 more than I paid (not including tax) and threw in free overnight shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/301660741192

Bishyaler fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 13, 2015

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I'd be interested in hearing how the sale goes. I'm more interested in knowing if they're just pure rebrands or not but the sale could be funny.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 13, 2015

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Thanks xeonfarmer

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Don Lapre posted:

Thanks xeonfarmer

It's such a horrible name. But I had to advertise the Goon Rust server on reddit. At least I might get some mileage out of it on this ebay sale.

Bishyaler fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 13, 2015

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Bishyaler posted:

It's such a horrible name. But I had to advertise the Goon's Rust server on reddit. At least I might get some mileage out of it on this ebay sale.

Closest store to me with stock is hours away

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Don Lapre posted:

Closest store to me with stock is hours away

You might want to fix your Reddit post. This is 390 SKU, not 390X.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Bishyaler posted:

You might want to fix your Reddit post. This is 390 SKU, not 390X.

I corrected it in the post after seeing your photo

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Last guys ebay was taken down abruptly along with his video. dont be surprised if you get an email or two lol

edit: it'd be too hard to resist uploading 3d mark or something man I gotta say

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bishyaler posted:

Eh, my video card is good enough. Anyone want a shot at this? Starting bidding at $100 more than I paid (not including tax) and threw in free overnight shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/301660741192

I wonder if you'll get bids, given that it'd arrive on the 17th and I think we all expect them to be available in stores on the 16th. Will be interesting to follow...

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Last guys ebay was taken down abruptly along with his video. dont be surprised if you get an email or two lol

If I do, I do. I kept my receipt.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

edit: it'd be too hard to resist uploading 3d mark or something man I gotta say

I'd be running full benchmarks, you can be assured of that.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

That was the expected outcome after comparing it to his 970 :allears:
Let's see if he or his retail buddy gets fired on top of it.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I'd be running full benchmarks, you can be assured of that.

I'm benchmarking the other card in a few minutes after I see how my 780 fares in 3dmark.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Wow, SA to be the first on something? that is wild

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Wow, SA to be the first on something? that is wild

SA was the first to report 9/11

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
So proud to be part of it all :tear:

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Bishyaler posted:

I'm benchmarking the other card in a few minutes after I see how my 780 fares in 3dmark.

All synthetic or some games? Going to do anything on power draw?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

FaustianQ posted:

Going to do anything on power draw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sounds like AMD is withholding 300-series review samples from the press, and employing fanboy-based marketing instead:

https://twitter.com/ryanshrout/status/609437983134089216
http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-shows-radeon-r9-300-series-cards-to-red-team-plus_165838

If that's not a bad sign I don't know what is :eyepop: