Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Atlanta Olympics weren't bad PR for us.

And Baton Rouge is actually pretty loving chill and not quite "middle America". It's got that vaguely European artsy old-south charm to it.

I guess Michigan is out, though, because you don't want to invite the world over to see America's Somalia.

Maybe USA should copy the whole Olympic neatening up/potekim village thing and just clear out all the southerners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

etalian posted:

Maybe USA should copy the whole Olympic neatening up/potekim village thing and just clear out all the southerners.

:jihad: signed

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
We'd never stand for shooting all those stray dogs though.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Neiland Stadium in Tennessee, Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, and that ridiculous Michigan stadium are premium places to host the world cup.

College football knows how to build a shrine to sports and decadence.

You missed the horse shoe in Ohio

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Darth123123 posted:

You missed the horse shoe in Ohio

It's in America's best interest not to let the rest of the world know that Ohio exists.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

etalian posted:

that's a lot of mexican blood that will be on our hands

building all those hot dog stand propped up by wooden beams

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alan Smithee posted:

building all those hot dog stand propped up by wooden beams

This isn't the Doobie thread.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
only the us would be dumb enough to want to host the world cup right after cracking down on fifa corruption. what's the point of your city losing all that money hosting the cup if you cant line your pockets in the process?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

you irl posted:

only the us would be dumb enough to want to host the world cup right after cracking down on fifa corruption. what's the point of your city losing all that money hosting the cup if you cant line your pockets in the process?
I feel you may have missed a distinction. Lining American captains of industry pockets: good. Lining smelly foreign bureaucrats who are already making all sorts of fees from the American captains of industry off shore bank accounts: bad

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

etalian posted:

As a southerner i endorse this plan

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Louisiana is factually one of the shittiest, most deplorably hosed up states in the entire country- and that's saying something.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

I guess Michigan is out, though, because you don't want to invite the world over to see America's Somalia.

and yet russia and qatar,

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Brave New World posted:

Louisiana is factually one of the shittiest, most deplorably hosed up states in the entire country- and that's saying something.

would take a few hundred Kingfish terms to unfuck the state.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

apparently north korea has the biggest stadium (by seating capacity) in the world? lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

apparently north korea has the biggest stadium (by seating capacity) in the world? lol

figured as much since they always seem to have those crazy propaganda shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rungrado_1st_of_May_Stadium

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Time to extend an olive branch, imo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

north korean soccer was pretty funny

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

biggest sporting venue in human history is still american though. god bless the brickyard

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

you irl posted:

Thing is, though, we already have these massive stadiums. We didn't have to kill slaves to build them.

[we just had to cut healthcare and education in order to bankroll a handout to the wealthy so they could use a publicly funded resource exclusively as their tax-free capital venture wherein they use slave labor to make billions of dollars but refer to it as "student programs" so that makes it all okay]

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
hey i thnk they made it so that the student athletes wouldnt literally starve now

we actually shouldnt talk about the NCAA it is one of the few things that makes me mad

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fetus Tree posted:

hey i thnk they made it so that the student athletes wouldnt literally starve now

we actually shouldnt talk about the NCAA it is one of the few things that makes me mad

The NCAA makes Qatar look like Sweden, lmao

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The NCAA makes Qatar look like Sweden, lmao

lol not to meme it up but it really makes you think

bc i agree the NCAA is fuckin corrupt as poo poo

but lol if i think the government is gonna take it down

dude if this had been against the NCAA instead of FIFA i would have lost my loving poo poo. its like a dream of mine.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
apparently sepp bladder is reconsidering staying on the job

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

thathonkey posted:

I don't think you can run an international sporting institution from Russian exile.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Total Meatlove posted:

I don't think you can run an international sporting institution from Russian exile.

FIFA will now be headquartered in Moscow, problem solved.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fetus Tree posted:

dude if this had been against the NCAA instead of FIFA i would have lost my loving poo poo. its like a dream of mine.

The funny thing is NCAA is just as criminal as FIFA (except for the black market arms deals, because lol @ that) but it's all legal because the billionaires wrote the laws allowing that poo poo. Isn't America great?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The funny thing is NCAA is just as criminal as FIFA (except for the black market arms deals, because lol @ that) but it's all legal because the billionaires wrote the laws allowing that poo poo. Isn't America great?

lol yeah fifa's biggest difference was that it didnt know how to toe the line as well because they didnt literally write the laws

america is really amazing

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
idk if ncaa can touch fifa's level of :psyduck: but i wouldn't complain if europe cracked some ncaa heads and cleaned up college sports

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

you irl posted:

idk if ncaa can touch fifa's level of :psyduck: but i wouldn't complain if europe cracked some ncaa heads and cleaned up college sports

oh i dont think you give NCAA enough credit

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Black market arms deals nudges FIFA into first place, but the NCAA literally makes billions of dollars selling a human being's hard work, their face, their name, everything, all while forcing those kids to work 90 hour weeks while starving. A single player can generate millions in merchandise revenue but have to panhandle for one meal a day.

They are "paid" in "education", although they never attend classes.

It's basically slavery where you opt-in because there's a 1 in 10,000 chance you'll get paid a million dollars 5 years from now.

And, most importantly, the slaves can't sue the slave owners for death and dismemberment. Which are almost guaranteed.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Black market arms deals nudges FIFA into first place, but the NCAA literally makes billions of dollars selling a human being's hard work, their face, their name, everything, all while forcing those kids to work 90 hour weeks while starving. A single player can generate millions in merchandise revenue but have to panhandle for one meal a day.

It's basically slavery where you opt-in because there's a 1 in 10,000 chance you'll get paid a million dollars 5 years from now.

And, most importantly, the slaves can't sue the slave owners for death and dismemberment. Which are almost guaranteed.

the thing is we don't know how bad the NCAA is because afaik it hasnt been investigated for 25 years.

i have zero reason to believe the ncaa isnt as capable as any level of mischief and disgusting poo poo than FIFA. the only real difference is that the NCAA is more limited in scope.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Consider this:

If you worked 90 hours a week at a modest paying physical job for 5 years you'd earn about $300,000.

That's 30,000 $10 scratch off lottery tickets.

30,000 tickets has a higher chance of winning the million dollar ticket than you'd have getting drafted by the NBA/NFL.

Actually, according to the back of the ticket there's a 1 in 6,000,000 chance, divided by 30,000 that's 1 in 200.

So theoretically you have a 50x better chance of winning a scratcher than going pro.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 14, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

the thing is we don't know how bad the NCAA is because afaik it hasnt been investigated for 25 years.

i have zero reason to believe the ncaa isnt as capable as any level of mischief and disgusting poo poo than FIFA. the only real difference is that the NCAA is more limited in scope.

I like how the schools get a meltdown over college athletes trying to start a players union.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I saw a college basketball coach who gets paid $3 million a year talk about how entitlement is ruining America when asked if he thought the students should get paid a little something something since they were struggling to eat and even the kids working in the cafeteria and library were getting paid something.

what a piece of poo poo human lol

The NCAA in general is disgusting.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

I saw a college basketball coach who gets paid $3 million a year talk about how entitlement is ruining America when asked if he thought the students should get paid a little something something since they were struggling to eat and even the kids working in the cafeteria and library were getting paid something.

what a piece of poo poo human lol

americans never feel bad about wasting money on the military or college sports.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Consider this:

If you worked 90 hours a week at a modest paying physical job for 5 years you'd earn about $300,000.

That's 30,000 $10 scratch off lottery tickets.

30,000 tickets has a higher chance of winning the million dollar ticket than you'd have getting drafted by the NBA/NFL.

Actually, according to the back of the ticket there's a 1 in 6,000,000 chance, divided by 30,000 that's 1 in 200.

So theoretically you have a 50x better chance of winning a scratcher than going pro.
that is not how math works

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

this is basically all accurate

it's loving depressing seeing a kid play his heart out while being assaulted with ads to BUY COKE or whatever the gently caress every 15 seconds watching the game and then later in an interview he's like 'yeah you know some nights you just go to sleep hungry.:smith:'

or 'the coaches always scream and yell and if you do one thing wrong it's like 'WHAT THE gently caress IS YOUR PROBLEM human being' and I'm thinking about how my mom's lights are getting shut off so I can't concentrate on playing a ball game :smith:'

meanwhile the coach is getting paid millions the school is building a massive gently caress off stadium and the NCAA execs are lololoing all the way to the bank

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 14, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

thathonkey posted:

Report: Sepp Blatter may seek to remain as FIFA president despite resignation announcement
http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/780075

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
Those dastardly NCAAs put tens of thousands of athletes from dozens of sports through college all expenses paid loving monsters. Fifa only set up a few arms deals,bribes, and dabbled in slavery who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bloodsacrifice posted:

Those dastardly NCAAs put tens of thousands of athletes from dozens of sports through college all expenses paid loving monsters. Fifa only set up a few arms deals,bribes, and dabbled in slavery who cares

i choose to believe you're actually this stupid instead of being a troll

seems like you got about as good an education as the average NCAA athlete

• Locked thread